Too Afraid to Change
[html]

OoC: Words: 400+
Since I promised threads to pretty much everyone in DdM, this one will be first-come, first-serve. <3

Note that her garden isn't all pleasant: http://www.cybercanine.com/toxicplants.htm

So they were born, and she missed it - Firefly's litter, that was. Her siblings. Well, half-siblings; but since her mother had died giving birth to her, it wasn't hard to let the fiery golden woman fill the void. Still, Coli was bothered by the fact that her new stepmother was younger than her... and that she herself was too much a coward to introduce herself to her new brothers (for they were little males, hopefully safe from Haku's philandering). Despite Cercelee's warm acceptance and her promise of immunity, Coli couldn't shake the fear that her unpredictable sire would not hesitate to rip her from limb to limb on sight... or worse, repeat last year's episode. Trembling at the violent memory, the slim girl sunk into a crouching position, gazing at the ice-encrusted snow with sad blue eyes.

It was hard to break old habits, the werewolf lamented as she brushed the long feathery hair from her delicate muzzle. Her warm brown fur was dusted with frost from sleeping outside last night, as she hadn't yet chosen a human building to claim as her own. Her slim shifted body didn't handle the cold well, but she wanted to stay on her two feet until she was comfortable in this new place. A small house would be nice - she didn't expect a lot of visitors. Maybe something at the edge of either town, so that she could cultivate a garden... She could gather some rhododendrons, to fill up the empty yard; add some daffodils and lily-of-the-valley for colourful blooms, and if she was lucky enough to find some yew saplings, she could tend to those all year 'round. Coli smiled shyly, drawing in the snow with a claw. If only winter would end sooner, so that she could raise her flowers. Still, that would be one garden her brothers wouldn't be allowed to visit.

Uncomfortable with the open expanse of the fields, Colibri had wandered back towards Wolfville, traipsing the center of town and catching the scents of the many permanent dwellers. She couldn't remember much of Clouded Tears, the pack she had joined as a child, but she could remember how fearlessly she had explored their land, and how openly trusting her child self had been with strangers. What a turn-around. She was now hunched down near the structure called a 'gazebo', trying to scope out her packmates without incurring their ire. Firefly and Svara had been less than accommodating at the borders. Were they the majority, or minority? If worst came to worst, she could simply tail Cercelee everywhere she went... "...Hm..."

[/html]
[html]
lalala this will be awkwaaard
Word Count: 392

Catching the scent of someone new, Mew had changed directions somewhere halfway to Flander's Fields from Wolfville. Lately new members came flocking to the pack, but she usually learnt the news, so to speak, from someone. This smell she had never encountered, although it was somehow.. familiar. Who could it be? Melisande, back after so long, but changed? Perhaps masked by a mate's scent? It could not be, probably; the scent had nothing male about it, it was all estrogen. The scent of Dahlia de Mai did not cling to it, and so it could still be a trespasser who had gone unnoticed for several days. Thus, alert, excited, curious, Mew had gone on her way, trailing the female whose identity she did not know. Upon reaching the town square, where Cer normally held the pack meetings, the smell increased greatly, and the ivory femme assumed the stranger to be close by. Some days, however, her smelling was not as keen as usually, and this was one of those days. Had it not been for the subtlest of sounds uttered just as she passed a handful of meters by the gazebo, she would probably not have found the stranger, or at least not on this passing. Turning around to face the one who uttered the sound, Mew spotted a quite young woman, marked in original ways, white and brown. Lifting her tail to a nearly upright position, marking her high rank, she spoke with a normal voice. She demanded answers, but she was not unkind, thus she did not act out this demand. Should the girl turn out to be a trespasser, she would quite soon feel the wrath of Mew Sadira. Until then, she had the benefit of the doubt, and thus Mew shaped the sentence thereafter. After all, how embarrassing would it be to discover that the girl was already a member, and that she, such a highly ranked member as herself, did not know? Hello. My name is Mew, and I don't believe I've met you before. There wasn't a direct question among the words she uttered, but indirectly it was clear enough that it was the stranger's duty to present her name and reason for being here at all. Just to be certain, she threw on a smile - enough of the members had bad impressions of her.

[/html]
[html]

OoC: Words: 367
Awkward indeed! ;D ...and she has been accepted already, just waiting on the DdM icon. Smile

Coli flinched at the unfamiliar voice, springing to her feet in a flurry of snow. Embarrassed at being caught on her knees, the socially inept girl brushed the frost from her warm brown fur, averting her startled blue eyes.
"...M-Mew...", she breathed, glancing shyly up to meet the white lady's emerald eyes. The white fur reminded her of Cercelee, but she didn't carry that scent. This stranger of a higher rank had the scent of a male about her, presumably her mate. Feeling inadequate in the presence of someone who had found love, she whispered the expected response. "...I am Colibri Haki, n-newcomer to the lands of Dahlia... I... go by 'Coli', usually..." She remembered in a flash how Firefly had been immediately hostile upon seeing her cowardice, and she tried to stand up a little straighter, try not to nervously adjust her long silken hair. She knew she wasn't much to look at - not particularly tall or short, not beautiful in her eyes; just a lowly member of the pack who happened to look like a clone of her father.

Already her daydreaming mind had wandered from the uncomfortable confrontation - she thought of how appropriate it was that she had joined a pack named for a flower, considering her love of all things that sprung from the soil. Dahlias weren't poisonous, though... Were they? She would need to research those blooms during the summer, if she got a chance. The plants that could kill her were always her favourites...

Oh! If this lady really was a higher-up, as her dominant pose suggested, wouldn't she have news of the pups? She shifted her weight from footpaw to footpaw, her long tail curling shyly about her midsection. How much courage did it require to ask a simple question? Coli really needed to get used to speaking to others. Mew had not threatened her, not yet, and if she had no reason to hate her, maybe she had news...? "You, do you, ah, know... F-firefly's pups, how are they?" Coli was eager to know, but not so eager as to swing by the dreaded cabin herself. Let Svara brave out the violent couple; Coli could wait outside.

[/html]
[html]
Ya I know ^_^ but Mew is slack and a loner, she needs to catch up!

The femme in front of her with the blue eyes and the strange marking reacted as she thought she would, startled. Although, the degree of it surprised the ivory Ilex, seeing how the younger girl nearly shook with fear, and barely met her eyes. Trespasser or not, Mew could not be angry at this girl, her instincts were too strong, lately even more than normally. With the scent of puppies around the packlands Mew's longing for her own children grew and grew, and her attitude had grown a lot milder towards everyone. This shaking young woman now also quickly became the target of her maternal instinct, and she gave her pose a touch of kindness, feeling a tiny warmth in her heart burning for the female. Her blue eyes reminded her of her brother, and once the girl spoke her name, Mew's head jolted backwards in surprise, ears perking and eyes widening. Colibri? And the surname Haki.. Puzzled, Mew looked to the ground, and after a few seconds shook her head and looked upon the femme again. Before she had mustered the brains to say anything yet, the femme spoke again, asking about Firefly's puppies. Could she be Haku's daughter? Why would she be interested in them if not? The blue eyes, and the whiteness of the fur, the frame of her body. Perhaps this was who she thought she was... But how could it be.. I.. My mother's name is Colibri. Bluntly the words escaped her mouth as she stared in disbelief at the femme. That explained the sense of familiarity with her scent. It explained everything.

[/html]
[html]

OoC: Words: 300+

Mew let her confident exterior visibly soften as Coli trembled like a child, and the gentleness that flashed for a moment in those sharp green eyes calmed her for a moment. Alright; Mew was not an enemy. Coli let herself relax, at least a little - she rubbed her shaky hands against her thighs before extending it open-palmed, offering a handshake. As the connotations of her name sunk in, though, the white lady recoiled, looking to the ground for answers. She let her hand drop to her side, uncomfortable all over again. Did this woman have another claim to hate her? Had Haku already instructed his lackeys to chase her off? She really would be miserable in this pack, wouldn't she... Hadn't she suffered enough?

But the older woman said nothing at first, seeming to wrestle with some internal conflict. Finally, she gaped openly, blurting that simple statement. Coli shrank back a little, her long feathery hair obscuring the blue eyes that could flash hot or cold in mere seconds. "...Colibri... was my grandmother's name, too. On my father's side." She spoke defensively, unable to register what the information meant. Was it a common name? She had been told it meant 'hummingbird' in a foreign tongue, but not one that she could speak. Mew didn't look anything like her or Haku; had she met her grand-dam, she would have recognized the white Sadira pelt that was so prevalent in their family tree. As it was, though, her father had kept her secret from everyone who knew him, ashamed of the unwanted pup he had sired. If she had remembered some of the faces from Clouded Tears, maybe made the connections... but alas, she remained ignorant of the relatives she shared. Instead, she shared the genetic quirk that had given them both warm earthy colours in their fur, unlike the rest of their ancestors.

[/html]
[html]
You're a posting machine tonight Tongue And my posts become shorter the more excited I am oO
Word count: 311

So it was her! Haku's daughter, the one he had wronged. Suddenly, Mew wondered what he could have done to her to leave her a shaking, nervous child like this, although quickly decided she did not wish to know. She knew his temper, how it changed from calmness itself to a swirling coil of anger, and she would never ask him about the event. Though now that she was here he would have to face what was true. The subject of his first-born had been brought up once, and would never again, or so she had thought. Although here she was, in the flesh, and it seemed to Mew the Sadira and Soul genes were all over the girl, proving that the Ilex was right. Colibri Haki, her niece. All grown up. Somehow moved (Mew was truly becoming old or sentimental or something if her behavior lately was to show for it), Mew's face broke into a smile as she realized fact after fact, eyes slightly wetter than normal, but the fluids stayed inside. It's you! Haku's firstborn! Excitement was plastered over her face; nothing was more wonderful than the return of a long-lost relative, no? And perhaps this one would not turn out to be an oddity or a complete bitch like Firefly was, and her children surely would be. The poor child had offered her her hand previously when she had been too startled to think, but now she offered hers, eager to greet her niece. How in the world.. I mean.. Oh my. I'm Haku's sister, dear. Mew Sadira, his litter sister. He told me about you once, though I doubt many more here knew about your existence. Thought you were long gone, I did!. Too many thoughts, too many words, but at least then it wasn't just her that was surprised. A strange turn of events, truly.

[/html]
[html]

OoC: Words: 300+
Lol! x3 I missed having a girl character. Making up for lost time!

Coli was startled by the sudden flood of warmth radiating from Mew... her aunt. Surely anyone who knew Haku wouldn't welcome his child, would they? But Mew seemed genuinely pleased to meet her, even to the extent of unshed tears shining in her beautiful eyes. Tentatively, Coli accepted the extended hand of friendship, of family, and shook gingerly.

"I never knew I had an aunt," she began shyly, her long-furred tail slowly uncurling itself to wave lazy circles behind her. "But he... told you about me? H-haku did?" Her father had never mentioned a sister. Hell, he had barely mentioned his mother, the one he had named her after. The surname caught her attention. "You go by 'Sadira', rather than 'Soul'? Is there a reason? I mean, I'm wondering which one I'm supposed to be..." Questions were beginning to pile up, her shyness momentarily overcome by the friendly face. Coli had never had much of a female role model, since her birth mother passed away, and that pack had rejected her heritage. Mew Sadira had suddenly been elevated to great importance in her mind, which she showed by her unwillingess to release the handshake. She merely clasped the offered paw more tightly in her champagne-marked fingers.

"'Thought I was long gone', you said..." Her brow furrowed for a moment, baby-blue eyes darkened with worry. "How much... did he tell you?" She was loathe to bring up the memory yet again, but surely his sister had the right to know. Mew seemed to speak so fondly of him, but as his littermate, she must have seen that dark side stirring in him, right? Coli couldn't be the only wolf in this pack who had been hurt by Haku's wild side. And yet, everyone tread on eggshells, refusing to bring it up, pretending it never happened... Why? It had been a year since she had seen him, sure, but how much could he have changed? She yearned to be accepted by this aunt she had never met before, but she couldn't hide the truth forever... She was broken for a reason, unable to heal herself in any way. "Auntie Mew..."

[/html]
[html]
Gosh I wish I could be more consistent with my post length at times :/
Word count: 601

Slowly, carefully, she was talking more, and Mew listened, eager to learn anything about this new family member. It seemed, these days, that not many beside herself thought it a good thing that the family expanded, although why shouldn't they? New generations would come anyway, so why shouldn't they carry the proud name of Sadira? However it seemed as if Haku was the main man to count on spreading the family genes, and his children had not, at least yet, taken the Sadira name. It was strange, how he alone could create a family name of himself, filed under the somewhat larger Sadira umbrella. The surprise that at first, before the moment of realization, had been plastered on Mew's face was now mirrored in the young woman, and her outstretched hand was taken, softly, and shook slowly. Mew's smile widened, if possible, but did not interrupt the other's flow of words. Surely, she was probably wondering about more things than Mew, and any information she might need she would get. A slight itch at the back of her mind made her irritated Haku had not mentioned her to his daughter, but it was of no concern to Mew, really; she had been gone at Colibri's birth, and thus did not really "deserve" to know anything anyways. Presented with a question, Mew did her best to answer. Haku is the only one so far that took his mother's maiden name as his surname. The rest of us are named Sadira after my father and his bloodline, a very large family represented in probably all the packs around besides Inferni. You have many relatives, child, but some of them are wicked, as you'll probably learn soon enough. She probably had learnt some of that wickedness already, and if she hadn't she would once she ran into Firefly. Luckily for Colibri, she'd run into Mew first (or so Mew thought). Too much excitement again, and Mew spoke too much again. Shutting her mouth, she let the girl speak again. She was the newcomer, not Mew.

A change in the girl was obvious as she thought for a second and asked exactly what Mew had learnt about her. Mew knew Haku had wronged her, and obviously not a little. She didn't want to think about what he could have done; she'd seen the viciousness in him when hunting or fighting - she knew that he was dangerous. A small sound gave Mew a nickname, one of many, and Mew felt warmth swell up in her again, momentarily, before her mind returned to the subject of her brother. Auntie Mew. Angel. Two nicknames she would cherish till the day she died. He never told me anything,really. Looking at the girl, serious now, she wanted to make sure she understood the truth in what she was saying. He spoke to me, worried about the litter that's just been born. Worried about becoming a father. He revealed the secret that you existed for me and he told me he was worried because he had wronged you, failed at his role as a parent, worried that he would do it again. Tilting her head slightly to the side, she couldn't understand how someone could hurt such a fragile-looking soul. Then again, Haku was Haku, and no one would truly understand him. He never told me how he wronged you, child. And I do not wish to know. Looking away, she hoped this young Colibri would never tell her how anything happened. She was already struggling with her relationship to her brother, she did not wish to hate him.

[/html]
[html]

OoC: Words: 500+
Inorite? =D

"...His mother's maiden name... Colibri Soul. And that would be my name, too, right? Or I'd be Colibri Sadira, if I took the regular name. Cercelee said she was a Sadira, but I wasn't quite sure how we were related. It's... a little confusing..." Coli mused aloud, enjoying the sound of the names on her tongue. 'Sadira' was especially pretty. But she had 'Haki'... as in 'Haku'. He had invented a surname for her, although whether it was to start his own original bloodline as Mew suspected, or to disown her from her relatives as Coli suspected, she didn't know. 'Haki' was short and succinct - not a bad name, but it reminded her too much of him. Just like everything else about her did. "That means... if I ever have children... They could choose between three names..." That thought was whispered, barely audible - a fragile hope. What man could love her at all, let alone enough to start a family? And what would 'Haki' puppies be like...?
The white lady spoke of 'wickedness'. That much she knew of. She had no love for her father or for his devil-bride... and was terrified of finding the same wickedness in her own soul. Seeing how calm and gentle her father's sister was, well, it was a relief. Perhaps she took after her aunt more? Or the grandmother she was named after, Colibri Soul? But disappointment punctured her fancying - she too sported the dirt-brown fur, unlike the rest of the pure white family. She couldn't pretend to be anything better than what she was.

She almost missed Mew's next words, she was so lost in thought. "He was worried because he had wronged you, failed at his role as a parent, worried that he would do it again." It was almost comical, the disbelief etched into her countenance. How could that be possible? He had more than failed as a parent, he had failed on every level of existing. He didn't fit into any niche in society, couldn't perform the most basic of responsibilities without the need to release his pent up energy and violence. He was a rapist and a murderer, a true psychopath - Coli believed that much wholeheartedly.
"And... you really think he was telling the truth? Or was he just saying what you wanted to hear...?" Speaking so rudely to the pristine white lady made her treacherous heart lurch, and she immediately regretted mouthing off. Was she about to get slapped? Wait, Mew had something else to say-

Coli seemed to wilt a little, her ears drooping back, her fingers slipping back to her sides. Auntie Mew didn't want to know? Well... She wasn't about to divulge anything, but... That was just the sort of feigned ignorance that everyone here seemed to share. Don't ask, don't tell. The "Haku" Policy. Heaving a small, sad sigh, Coli glanced away, studying the gazebo with her intelligent gaze. Change the subject, her mind urged, so that Auntie Mew doesn't tire of your pathetic antics.

"...Do you... have a mate, Auntie Mew? Children?"

[/html]
[html]
Ramblomatic! so much dialogueee
What does inorite mean? xD
Word count: 652

Looking at the young girl as she mused aloud, seemingly looking at her bloodline with a fresh view, and liking it too, Mew tilted her head slightly as green eyes glowed with excitement. She kept herself calm, however, but inside she felt as if she should rather be dancing around. Another femme, and normal, not tainted, not crazy. Good. And she was beautiful, having inherited the brown pelt of her father, and the eyes with a strange blue that was as vivid as her own green - the trademark of if not the bloodline, then at least her litter. The nervousness that the young female had displayed in the beginning of their encounter was evaporated, and the change was to the better. Mew did not want to interrupt the line of thought, although she added a subtle comment to the girl, hoping it might clarify further. Cercelee is my cousin, child of my father's brother. Although I don't know that much about my father's siblings.

At her next own words, formed in response to this wrath she felt for her father, Mew's brother, the ivory femme felt tension build up inside her. She felt like defending her brother, although she had to get through that she knew very well how wicked he could be. She needed Colibri to trust her - she was family. At the very same time, she needed to make the young girl, who barely knew her, understand that though Mew loved her brother unconditionally, she knew very well - too well - of his dark side. Of what he was capable of, and of what resided inside her own mind that could be close to the same wickedness. No matter Haku's flaws, he does not lie. At least not to me. pausing, she looked at the femme with a mix of faces; one apologizing, one pleading for understanding. And one was mature, stern, making sure that the girl understood the importance of what she was saying - that it was the truth. He has his... more emotional moments, increasingly lately. I know he can be truly terrible, but he does not harm me, and I trust him with my life. Again that look, and a glance to the ground before a confession came hurtling out of the woman. He has been my only anchor growing up, and when I returned here and nearly lost my life he rushed again to my aid. I owe him everything, although I am not blind to the danger of having him around. But you see, our relationship is strange, and I do not want any more reasons to doubt him. Hopefully she would understand, would not hate her for her deliberate ignorance, Mew hoped so sincerely.

The girl asked her if she had a mate, and with the recent events linked with Lubomir in mind, Mew felt herself blush violently - easily spotted beneath that treacherously white fur. The green eyes that only moments ago had been filled with strength now looked down to the ground, embarrassed at her own feelings. Every time it had slipped out of her mind for a second, and she was reminded of it, she felt light - flowing, and happier than she had ever felt. Happier than when she was expecting puppies, even, and that had been a good period of her life. It was as if a wave rushed over her and knocked her off her feet, and she lost all self-composure, every ability to control her actions. Like a little girl she moved her limbs awkwardly while searching for an answer. Not finding one, the female nodded and mumbled. Yes.. Lubomir. The name sang in her head and the blush was renewed, and her body longed for the smell and feel of his fur, although it had been only hours since she had last seen him. Such a fool she was, a fool indeed.

[/html]
[html]

Words: 400+
OoC: I suck. :< So sorry for making you wait~! (And "inorite" is a shorter way to write "I know, right".) ^_^

"So Cercelee is... my second cousin..." Coli mused aloud, nodding with finality. She appreciated the information, although it served no real purpose to know. Cer would always be like a sister; they used to be like twins, but now Cercelee was clearly the "older" sibling, so mature and in charge. The werewolf shuffled her footpaws quietly in the snow, rubbing her elbows as she listened to Mew's speech.

The white wolf's brilliant green eyes seemed almost pleading for understanding as the words tumbled from her lips, quick to explain how much her brother meant to her, and how fragile their relationship was. Coli bit her lip, torn. She wanted to please her relative, but at the same time, it wasn't as though she could stand up for the man who had so callously beaten and then dominated her. Mew was lucky that her brother had not harmed her yet... or perhaps Colibri Haki really was the only wolf Haku wanted to hurt. Maybe there really was no reason for her to be here. It was all mixed up. Coli rubbed her forehead, brow furrowed with consideration. "He... I can't feel the same way, Auntie. I'd rather him not be around at all. You're lucky that... well, that he cares about you, because it sounds like he actually does. You... must be a good sister." She sighed, running her claws through her long hair subconsciously. She had trouble grasping how families worked already; this was just complicating things further. Was it right to love someone unconditionally, because they shared blood with you? Surely the line had to be drawn somewhere, but apparently not between those two... which once again left Coli on the side somewhere. Her melancholy musings faded for the moment as the topic was successfully changed.

"Lubomir," she said slowly, trying out the syllables. She glanced up, watching as her mature aunt melted into a lovesick pup, blushing and gazing off into space. Coli hid a small smile behind her small hand, amused by just how happy Mew appeared to be. It made her chest tighten painfully, too, a pang of jealousy at Mew's good fortune. It was difficult to be around someone in love when one is not experiencing the same thing. "H-how long have you two been together?" she asked shyly, blue eyes shining with curiosity. "How did you meet...? Please tell me about him..." It was an impossible dream, to imagine someone to fall in love with... But it was achievable for other wolves, and Coli was happiest listening.

[/html]
[html]
Aha! People have written it before but I never dared to ask Tongue
Word count: 788 (SORRY >_<)>

It seemed as if she appreciated the information on her family tree - and Mew had much more to serve the young girl should she wish it, even though the stories were about as useful as a rock. It took time to know one's family, and if she had never known anyone but Haku she would find that she had many good people here that she could rely on, even though they appeared to her as strangers.

As she spoke, the girl - whose pelt was just like a female version of the male they spoke about - seemed to darken, to fumble, and feel uncomfortable. Mew knew she was being silly for this, and for all that she always tried to be fully honest, she needed to not know. And she needed to not think about it, for her imagination could probably make up something worse than what was the truth. Also, there was an amount of pride involved, for like it or not Colibri was an outsider until she had settled finally, and even though she shared her mother's name and was closely related to her (and even though Mew knew that she would support the girl in any way she could) she had no right to waltz around and spread ill words about anyone, true or not. It seemed odd, to Mew, that when meeting the sister of the male she so hated, the first thing she wished to do was to spread intelligence on his wrongdoings. It would not go down well in this pack - he had too many wretched supporters. And a good few non-wretched ones. Though, even those who knew of his bad sides stood beside him - he was the Lilium, and they were bound to do so. If he ever went too far, however, she was certain the members would react, but right now there was a balance - and she was disrupting it.

The word auntie rang in her ears again as Coli apologized for not being able to share Mew's feelings, and the Ilex smiled a sad smile to this. Quietly, she spoke in return, but in a way that left the subject - she wouldn't speak of it any more. I am not a bad nor good sister, Colibri, and I have wronged him many, many times. Our bond goes beyond just blood and general affection, but I can understand if you cannot feel this towards him. Hell, hardly anyone can! No one is forcing you to share my view on your father, but keep in mind his rank here.. you cannot escape an encounter, so you might as well stay on your good toes, eh?. This was not just a piece of advice, because she would quickly realize that rank was law - in some matters. If she misbehaved, the right people would know. It always worked like that - there was no hiding your crimes around these parts, unless you scared the right people in the right way. And to do so, your rank would necessarily be high... She should watch out for herself, and saying this was no threat from Mew's side - that much was obvious - it was more of an expression of concern. Advice like a mother would give to a child who wishes to see the world before she is ready.

Her pleasure at the new subject of conversation seemed to make a clear impact on Colibri; it was as if she too shared her awkwardness to some degree. She turned out to be curious about him, and like a lovesick teenager Mew was eager to tell her about him, girl to girl, although she would be embarrassed the whole time through. This was not the usual Mew anymore - this was a young, confused and trembling Mew, trembling with emotions she wasn't that good at archiving into the right places. Her blush was maintained every second she spoke, and it spread and heated her neck as well. Soon she felt as if she was burning, but she had nothing to be ashamed about. We got together just recently.. I've known him for some time, but then he left. And when he returned, it seems, it was .. for me. At this point she could look at the girl no longer, too aware of the romantic cliche she was serving her, and her emerald eyes sought the ground once more - a folly smile on her face. The ground would not swallow her for all she begged it to, although with Colibri being so kind in nature as she was she did not fear losing respect. She was just.. a little in love, that's all. Not much, just a little.

[/html]
[html]

Words: 300+
And I suck again! xD We should probably wrap this up soon, considering how old its gotten...!

Coli sighed heavily, bowing her head in acknowledgment. Yes... She knew of her father's rank. Yes, that meant she had to obey him. As if she could rebel against him anyway! His very eyes could freeze her in place, his scent overpower her will. The resentment and fear she struggled to hold in was mostly because even after all this time, he still had complete power over her... He always did whatever he wanted, and he always got away with it, that Haku. He truly was one-of-a-kind. Coli supposed as long as she did not grow up to be like him, she should count herself lucky.

"I know... it's complicated," she muttered, downcast. "And it's not like I'm trying to cause trouble here. I just... I didn't want to be alone anymore, and Cercelee is the only friend I ever had, so... I thought if I found her, I could be happy again. I didn't expect things to be so... well, complicated." Ah, you sound like a child, Colibri, she chided herself internally. You're supposed to forget about yesterday and focus on today, right? It's just so hard to abandon the past... The expressive werewolf realized she was slouching again, and straightened her shoulders, trying to adopt a more confident pose. She was actually a touch taller than her aunt, when she fixed her posture. It wouldn't be long before she shrank back again, though.

As Mew responded cheerfully to the subject of love, Coli clasped her fingers together, listening raptly to the conversation. She was new to "girl talk", to approaching the subject of romance, and was so painfully curious as to what it was like to have someone love you. Mew blushed, and fidgeted, and averted her gaze, and seemed to become another person entirely - one who was hopeful and embarrassed and pleased all in one. Coli couldn't help but smile. This Lubomir must be a great guy. The tightening in her chest, the pang of jealousy, clenched tight again. She exhaled slowly, willing it to go away. There must be someone, surely, who would be willing to put up with her fragile nature... right? She wasn't unfixable... she hoped.

[/html]
[html]
That's true, I'm sort of out of it anyways Tongue
Word count: A MILLION / 549

The girl seemed to sink, gravity - or something else - dragging her spirits to the ground, with every word Mew spoke. The words that she spoke herself did not soothe her either, and not until she was done did she straighten, as if catching herself doing something she should not. Mew felt her spirits sink as well, watching these dark feelings in such a young girl, one she barely knew but very much wanted to learn the personality of. Though she felt sadness, a smile crept up on Mew's face at these words, for no matter these heavy burdens, she still spoke of hope and friendship. She had chosen someone good, reliable, in choosing Cercelee - the white lady had strength enough to help carry this female copy of her brother. Without even thinking about it, Mew's hand quickly reached out and softly touched Colibri's shoulder. It will get less complicated, and with Cercelee in charge it can hardly fail. She meant it to be reassuring, and she hoped the young girl would take it to her heart.

It was easy to see that Colibri took pleasure in listening to the girl talk served her from Mew, and though the ivory femme was oh so embarrassed at serving her niece (it still rung slightly odd in her head!), she enjoyed talking of her mate. Her eyes, who had been fixed so on the ground, were now lifted as she straightened her whole body and coughed, attempting a mask of self control. While her posture and facial expression was not folly or fidgeting anymore, her face and neck and whole body still burnt, so hot, so hot that it shone through that white pelt of hers. She knew very well that it did, one could hardly expect otherwise, such warmth played on her skin, under her skin. He lives with me now.. I guess he's your uncle, Colibri dear. Pausing, she could bear it no longer and her eyes flickered to the ground again, fingers clasped together. In fact, it was to him she had hurried today, originally, before changing directions to satisfy her own curiosity. Now, however, there was something else that needed satisfaction, although nothing less innocent than her need to find out who the owner of Colibri's scent was. No, she needed Lubomir, to look at, and to sit next to. Mew herself was too prudish to ever admit to having erotic feelings, and although they had mated, she would speak of it to no one, not even Lubomir. It wasn't as if she didn't take pleasure in it, but she couldn't muster the courage to speak of such a private subject. Blushing harder when she thought of this, she pushed these amorous feelings aside, and looked up at Colibri again, her thumb suddenly pointing in the direction of Flander's Fields. In fact, I was really just heading to see him.. Rarily would Mew hint like this, although Colibri had been foolish (or perhaps unlucky was the word) enough to bring up the subject, and now she could think of nothing else than his smell and the warmth of his fur. There was an urge in her that pulled her southward, and though she was glad to meet Colibri, she was sort of.. in the way.

[/html]