missing a title
[html]

Eternity is like the Ocean...
[/html]
Another chill wind nipped at the black-dappled fur. The off-white of the beasts pelt was matched only by the dreary watercolor of the flurries that swirled around him as his steps brought him to the forest's edge. Frozen earth beneath frozen paws, Orca's thoughts were drawn ever back to the pulsing throb and sting in his shoulder. The cold air did nothing for the injury and it seemed even the earth had no sympathy for him as his paws, numb from travel and cold, scraped tender-made pads against the ground. The gash, now crusted with dark dried blood, pulsed with the beat of his own heart, and an impossibly hot burning made the flesh on his shoulder irritated and swollen. Still... the wind was cold.

Orca relished at the thought of a warm den tucked away somewhere within the rocks and dirt of the mountain. But such thoughts were just fantasies... With the time it would take to dig a den, the night would come and the flurries would pass. Besides, Orca would have rather lain on the frozen ground, as tired as he was.

Orca's nostrils flares for a moment, taking in the urine scents of the border-marking. His blue-streaked muzzle, tucked low to keep the wind from cutting at his eyes, lifted momentarily to take in the fullness of the land. He could smell the mountain itself, all the wolves that came and went there and smelled alike, all the trees and earth and rock. It was a scent as pleasured as a cool breeze on a humid August day.

The male's cerulean eyes wandered across the timberline, seeking the watchful form of the scout who patrolled the borders. Whether there was a wolf, in wait, watching him Orca wasn't aware. But for the moment he saw nothing but the trees that steadily darkened as the sun made it journey towards the horizon. A snow-frosted wind blew across him, tiny frozen beads of mist splintering in his flesh. His eyes searched desperately for the patroll. Silent. Waiting.

[html]
it can be cruel and beautiful at the same time.
[/html]
[html]

Just a bit more information is needed for your joining post. If you could add that in to your next response, that would be wonderful :3
* Character Name:
* Character Birthdate (including year):
* Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci:
* Your e-mail:
* A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M).

And, if I may ask, is his fur dyed blue or a tattoo? We don't allow unnatural colored fur unless it is dyed or tattooed.

indentThe days were growing much more cold and snowy as time passed into the winter months where, even just weeks before, it had been comfortable outside. Now, no matter where she seemed to be, there was always a thick layer of snow covering the grounds. The raven woman stood out easily against the stark white of the snow which, much to her dismay, hadn't made hunting an easy task. Phasma wasn't out hunting today though, not yet. She'd been in Jaded Shadows for only a single day and had taken up the spot of Beta rather suddenly. Really, she was just appreciative of the home that her mother figured had offered her, the gesture that she was fit for helping them lead, that was just a boost of confidence.

indentBeing new to Jaded Shadows and the fact that she'd only visited for very limited amounts of time before, meant that the dark colored lady had to take the time to get used to the lands. Her plan was to start from the borders, make a trip around them and progressively move farther inward. Phasma knew that she wouldn't get it all in one go, but it would be good to start. Padding through the snow, the raven woman admired the scenery. She'd never really stopped to see the lands, to realize just how beautiful they actually were.

indentIn her wanderings, as she rounded the first bend of the borders, something caught her attention. The chilly winds brought a scent to her nose suddenly, a stranger whose scent had yet to embed itself into the lands, much like her own. He was either a newcomer or someone freshly joined, just as she. Picking up her pace, Phasma traveled until slate eyes caught sight of the male. She looked him over as she approached, breaking through the line of bare trees and suddenly into sight. "Do you need some help?" Inquired the onyx colored woman as she approached, taking note that he seemed a bit uncomfortable. Phasma slowed herself to a halt a few feet away, awaiting an answer.

[/html]
[html]
But all the miles the separate
[/html]

Sorry... I was spazzing out and forgot. You'd think I'd remember this from the last time! And yeah, I changed my table 'cause I just couldn't get the other one to work the way I wanted it to. Anyhow, hope this is better. And yes, it's a tattoo. I put it in my profile, but I forgot to mention that here.

Name: Orca Naiad
Birthdate (including year): April 4, 2003
Luperci: Luperci Ortus
Email: korinthewolf@yahoo.com
Secondary Contact:
-- YIM: (but I'm very rarely online) korinthewolf
-- email: amunwolf@yahoo.com
-- Or you can contact me on my website (I'm Korin there). I check the boards there daily.

[html]
disappear now when I'm dreaming of your face
[/html]

"Do you need help?" His tired eyes had drifted somewhere within his own mind, unknowingly falling into half-sleep as he stood there watching for someone, anyone who might pass by. The feminine voice caught him off-guard, though he was too weary to give a start or recoil at the sudden sound from her. The darkened blue eyes flickered up to her, her own dark form looming like a foreboding shadow against the outline of the forest and snow. Though he knew better than to think such, the words were quite insulting. She was merely trying to offer assistence, yet... Orca stood quietly for a moment, thinking the situation over. Had his temper gotten the best of him, he would have answered differently. But, as he had realized before, she was only offering assistance.

The gash in his shoulder gave another painful tinge. It wasn't a large wound, perhaps not even noticeable to her yet, but it still triffled him and had made his leg sore from travel. It was careless, really, the way he had gone after that lynx, and the crusted blood that matted his fur there was evidence enough of his punishment for being so reckless. He looked at the dark female, letting out a heavy breath that steamed in the late-fall air.

"I suppose it'd be lying to say I didn't," he said lowly, though not with anger, "as much as it embarasses me to admit it." Orca's eyes lowered again, moving his gaze toward her feet. What kind of wolf was she anyhow? She did not smell of the packland that bordered him. Nor did she inquire as to his business there, as many others had when he passed by their pack's border. She was simply... pleasant. And as much as he hated it feeling that way, he enjoyed her company after such a long time of being guest to snow and wind. "Do you live here?"

[html]
[/html]
[html]

Thank you much! Big Grin Everything looks fine from here.

indentNow that she was closer to him than she had been before, she was permitted to take a better look at him. He wasn't anyone that the raven woman had met before, she was certain of that, and by the state of his body it looked as if he'd been in some type of fight not long ago. The wound looked frightfully painful and, perhaps to some extent, had a bit of an infection growing in it. The skin seemed a bit stretched there, swollen and red. Slate eyes didn't linger on the wound for very long before moving on to his face, watching his expression as he stood there in silence.

indentHe spoke finally, indicating that he might need at least something, and she nodded her head in understanding at that. The raven woman was also not at all surprised when he questioned whether she lived within the lands or not. Had she been in Jaded Shadows for a longer amount of time it would have been obvious, but because she had only just arrived the scent of the lands was barely clinging to her fur. "I do." She answered, her voice quiet and friendly where as the night before she was hurt and confused. "I am the Beta of these lands, Jaded Shadows, they're called."

indent"Did you come looking for a home or, perhaps, some aid for your wounds?" She would imagine that, even when shifted, trying to take care of a wound in the place that it was would be a challenge. Phasma was at ease as she stood, not because she was quick to trust the stranger but, rather, because he seemed as if he'd have a hard time causing harm that point.

[/html]
[html]
[/html]

Great. I do feel a bit stupid for not adding that in the first place.

[html]
[/html]

"Jaded Shadows." He said the name aloud, as though saying it might change how he felt about the tree covered mountain. He'd already made up his mind, the second he saw it from so far away in the wind. Even now as he glanced up to its peak, he already knew what he wanted. "With such a name, its ironic that I would end up here."

His eyes were tiny blue marbles under half closed lids as he watched her, listening as she answered him. It seemed rather peculiar that she would be of such a high rank, though Orca had to admit that often such high ranking wolves were oddities by themselves. He wondered if she was a naive leader, inexperienced in the greetings and goings-on of pack life. His eyes wandered her body for a moment. This couldn't be the case, he decided, judging the aged look of her. For all he knew, she looked even old than he. So his mind slowly came to the assumption that she was simply confident in her stance: unthreatened by him.

It wasn't a pleasant thought, one which made even his ears turn back in disgust. "My wounds will heal," he said, his voice sounding slightly offended. True... he could manage the wound, but not without a safe place to rest. Orca didn't look forward to even another minute of walking on his frostbitten toes or closing his eyes to another gust of cold wind. His ears lay flat against his head for a moment before he took a cautious step towards her. "But as for a home... " His head lowered, body crouching slightly as he pointed his nose back up towards her chin. He took another cautious step, carefully shifting his weight as he came down on the injured leg. Maybe, if he looked well enough... she just might... "if I am worthy?"

[html]
[/html]
[html]

indentFor almost two years of her life now, she had been a leader. Syemv had been her first and most treasured experience with leadership, though the pack was gone and dead now, she treasured it in her heart forever. Storm, the pack that she had been in just a day ago, the Gamma there, was her only bad experience thus far. She and the Alpha had argued, her standing up for the safety of the pack and he standing up for, what she could only assume, was his reputation. He might have been listening to her when the spoke but he had never actually heard her.

indentThat was how she had ended up in Jaded Shadows, assured by one of the two Alpha Females that she was indeed good enough for the Beta position. Of course, it helped that Fatin was like a mother to her. He spoke of his wounds then, which immediately brought her eyes back to his shoulder, and again she nodded to him. Certainly they would and she understood that being out in the cold and snow wouldn't help them to heal at all. He needed a warm place to rest, perhaps a filling meal, and he might then begin to properly heal.

indentThe raven woman was taken off guard by his next actions, how he lowered himself and came at her in such a submissive manner. Her eyes softened as she watched him, remember that she had done the very same thing her first time joining a pack. "There isn't a need for that here." She spoke softly, not trying to sound insulting or angry. "Here, we are like a family. Everyone deserves just as much respect as the next." And she smiled. "As for a home, all I really need to know if your name and what skills you might possess. I am Phasma Kiles, by the way."

[/html]
[html]
[/html]
EDIT: Dang... I should have added 16 words for the 500wc!
[html]
[/html]

"My name is Orca Naiad," he said, somewhat taken aback by her words. Was there such a thing as equal? There was only dominant or submissive and nothing more. At hunts, in the dens, and even in the forests there had always been a way of doing things. Knowing ones place in the pack made certain that another wolf would not harm you. Orca had been fortunate that he'd been born a heavy wolf. From birth he'd always been the aggressor and gotten his way due to sheer size. It was this attitude had shaped him, made him angry at the slightest thought of weakness. Orca knew he wouldn't be able to push his way into this pack. It wasn't even an option. When she spoke of respect, Orca was once again perplexed by her. It didn't matter how much respect a wolf deserved, did it? He was sure that there were many that deserved his respect, but he did not give it to them. What would happen to the order then, if everyone listened to everyone else? There would be no consequences, no law.... so he thought. Yet, her words were so kind, and she procceeded to asking about himself.

He stepped back from her, lifting his body slighty. His weight shifted uncomfortably on his lame leg and his lip curled up in pain and defense. But it was only a moment of pain, and he turned his head away to hide the expression on his face. Now that he thought about it, Orca wasn't sure what his strengths even were. He could hunt but... any wolf could hunt. Even so, there wasn't anything he could do at the moment in the state he was in. It seemed he'd spent the majority of his life quarrelling with his brother. But what use was that anyhow...

His eyes flickered back over to her. "Perhaps there is a duty that you might give me?" he said thoughtfully. "You see, with this leg injured as it is, I don't think any strength I had would still be in me. Right now, I have only words... I could tell you that I have no problems with fighting. I could offer my fangs and claws to this pack's aid, but as I said... right now, I have only words." How was it that she made him feel so weak even though she was being so kind? Every word that came out of his mouth was horrifying. How could he stand there so serenely and tell her how useless he was... He could have lied. At least then, Orca would not have felt terrible shame he was in that moment as he finished speaking. Blue eyes sparked at her. Perhaps if she allowed him to stay he could show her what a use he could be and, maybe, a lawless pack where everyone was equal wouldn't be so bad.

[html]
[/html]
[html]

indentThe raven woman had once known the ways of a harsh pack, one that was only ruled by power and force. There was hardly ever a moment that she'd been allowed to stand, even slightly, before she was forced the ground to grovel once more. Those packs had destroyed themselves from the inside out, leaving nothing more than brutish members that suddenly had no where to go. Phasma, though, had come through with enough luck to find her way to Bleeding Souls, where she'd been living her life now for more than two year. Sadly, there was no doubt in her mind that if anyone from her first pack came to this place and acted the way they did, that none of the packs here would accept them.

indentHis words brought thought and consideration, leaving the onyx lady silent for a few moments. "I wouldn't ask an injured pack member to do anything strenuous so, for the time being, do you suppose you might be able to keep the fire in the pack den going?" Her head cocked to the side just slightly, watching him a moment before she decided that she might need to explain a bit more. "There is a system of caverns in the side of the mountain, one that we've claimed for our pack den. There are rooms large enough for families and rooms small enough for anyone who'd like to live alone but, in the main portion, we keep a fire going for everyone and since winter is here it could be a battle keeping it going."

indentHe would come to learn the ways of the Shadowed Pack. They were equal, certainly, but when it came down to business the members of the pack knew who they needed to listen to and follow command from. "So then, Orca, welcome to Jaded Shadows." She smiled once more, soft and faint, before speaking once again. "Fatin and Tayui are the two Alpha Females here, if you happen to come across either." She wondered, at that moment, if he might find it odd that two females were leading the pack at the Alpha rank.

[/html]