locked inside reality's maze
[html]

Out of Character

JASSY LURVS HER KRIS.

Word Count: 312

In Character

What a gorgeous winter day it was. Snow fell from the sky in thick puffs of pure white, adding a magical feel to the air and a blanket of innocence over the land. The decaying town of Berwick was made more peaceful by the falling snow, quieting the imagined spirits of the long-abandoned ghost town. A stark contrast against the beautiful white, the large, black optime form of the youngest Stormbringer girl strode quietly down one of the many streets. Ivory snowflakes flecked her black fur, her coat so thick that no heat escaped her warm skin to make those spots of white melt. She was singing softly to herself as she wandered, a lullaby her mother used to sing when she was a pup, and her lips were pulled back into a gentle, wistful smile.

The Dahlian Bluet had spent half the morning wandering in and out of several buildings. She'd managed to locate the little house her cousin Aiden had claimed for the short time he'd been around, and had taken the time to see if the numbskull (as she so lovingly referred to him) had left anything behind in his hasty departure. Anything of value had either been taken or hadn't existed, and so Kol had left the house to search around Berwick for awhile.

The young girl's leather satchel was now about a quarter full with various semi-precious stones and beads, silver bands and chains, silk and leather cords, a silver charm bracelet that was in remarkably good condition, and several random pendants she'd taken a liking to. Crafting unique pieces of jewelry had become a favored hobby of hers, even if she still didn't believe they were all that good. There were still a few more buildings to be rummaged through today, and so the werewolf simply continued her stroll, singing softly and daydreaming the whole while.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

ic:

Cer had been scouring the unclaimed areas of Overgrowth Sunrise again. What the draw was, Cer wasn’t completely sure, but the neutral territory right outside the pack lands intrigued the female. Wandering about alone wasn’t as tantalizing as staying in bed all day with Slay, but she hated to worry the male with her restless pacing as she sorted out the thoughts of the past few days. Coli coming home was still a novelty and she couldn’t keep but thinking of the next time she would see the girl and everything they had to talk about. The confrontation with Svara and the much more bloody showdown with Haku was still on her mind, small wounds around her muzzle reminded her whenever she saw her own reflection. And always, Slay was dancing in the back of her mind, teasing and exciting her, making it all the more difficult to concentrate.

So wrapped in these thoughts she was that she was almost upon Kol before she smelt or saw the women. Snapping her head up, cobalt eyes widened at the sight of the female, familiar and yet not. The raven wolf had left around the time Alexey had left, but no word had been given on her departure and Cer had not been expecting to see her again. Yet she stood there and Cer, four legged and so much shorter than the women, bound toward her, smiling at the female who smelled already of Dahlia de Mai.

“You’ve come home Kol?” It was not unthinkable, Alexey had returned. Lubomir had left the lands and come back as well, choosing a life with Mew. Perhaps Fehrris or Windseeker or Grayson too would come back to their borders, seeking refuge. The thought encouraged her and she smiled again warmly at the women. “Dahlia is home after all, eh?”

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

*dances around randomly* I hope I remember the pack Cer was staying in correctly. XD

Word Count: 325

In Character

It wasn't until Cercelee spoke that Kol even realized she was there. There was no breeze in the stillness of the snowfall to bring the Rosea's scent to Kol's nose, and her eyes had been staring at a bleak canvas of white for so long that her alpha's ivory coat made her invisible to the Bluet's eyes. As she blinked down at the woman, three dark dots finally materialized in front of her. Cercelee's deep blue eyes and black nose where the only things that stood out against the blanket of white. Laughing to herself at the situation, Kol squatted down to be only slightly taller than her friend and leader, dipping her head as much as possible to show her respect for the woman. "You know, it's a good thing you talk. I probably would have stepped on you if you'd just stood there." A genuine smile pulled Kol's lips back, her alabaster grin a sharp contrast to her ebony face.

The black shewolf was delighted to see Cercelee moving about so freely. The last she'd seen of the stubborn woman was at her homecoming from Twilight Vale, her wounds only halfway healed and her movements stiff and forced. Kol's Rosea had come a long way in the several months she'd been gone. "You look wonderful Cercelee! Seems these past few months have been kinder to you than to me!" The girl winked in good humor at her alpha. Where Cer's older wounds had healed, Kol still had quite a few scattered about her black pelt that were still in various stages of recovery. It was a miracle she hadn't broken any bones in the fighting. Injuries like that would've meant at least a few more months before she could have made the trek back home to Dhalia. "It feels really good to be back, Cer. Dahlia will always be home to me, and I've missed it a great deal while I've been gone."

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

ic:

Smiling at the large women, Cercelee laughed warmly. “Squashed me like a bug too.” Kol was not a large wolf, but rather unshifted they shared a similar build with Kol small and Cer even smaller, but the size difference between the luperci and the lupus stages of shifting always amazed Cer. How could her body turn into that? Yet it was like second nature to her now. Shifting came easy and only when she saw an unshifted wolf near a shifted wolf did she remember the sharp difference. “You’d have a bit of explaining to do, hey?”

Navy eyes danced over the female’s form. Indeed, while all the older, serious wounds were healed and the scars covered, Kol had some more recent injuries. Cer too had scratches on her muzzle from her incident with Haku, but they were hardly worth mentioning once she had washed all the blood from her own pelt. “What sort of mischief have you gotten in to now?” The marks on the other’s body were concerning, but really it was none of Cer’s concern. It had happened when Kol was not under her leadership. Still it was best to make sure that trouble would not be following close behind the raven lady.

The Rosea smiled at her words. It seemed their pack was full of those loyal to the pack, even with the leaders as divided as they were at times. Their words of reassurance made Cer feel secure and proud, although she had not intentionally asked for this position of Rosea, she had helped to build up the pack the way it was now. She had been here since the beginning and Dahlia was more full of life than it had ever been. “It seems that a lot of members share your feelings. Alexey has returned as well. You’ve seen her already?”

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

SO SORRY, I actually completely forgot I had a thread outside DdM, lmfao! <33333333333333

Word Count: 617

In Character

Kol couldn't help the easy laugh that resulted from Cer's casual comment. She could just imagine having just returned to Dahlia, then explaining exactly why their fearless leader was now smushed in the slushy snow. The pack would probably have tarred and feathered her or issued some other such cruel and unusual punishment. The surprise meeting between the scarred Stormbringer and her inversely-colored Rosea was more like running into a good old friend rather than one's superior. It was a nice change from the chaos that had haunted the girl back in the Valley for those long months.

Kol took note of the small wounds on her leader's face as Cercelee seemed to do the same thing, her navy eyes tracing lines across the charcoal girl's various war wounds and healed scars. None of them would probably be as noticable as the twin lines that crossed her left eye, a gift from Hybrid Holocaust in the heat of the final encounter of the Inferni war. Kol had always mused over how it seemed her bloodline was excellent at protecting vital parts of their bodies during a fight, but failed miserably at shielding their faces. She was the third female Stormbringer, to her knowledge, to have nearly lost an eye, and many of the males bore severe scars on their faces as well. Her grandfather's most recognizable one started just above the brow of his right eye near his ear, and extended down his cheek, across his neck, and halfway down his chest. She wouldn't be surprised if one day one of her vain relatives crafted some sort of mask to ward off the Stormbringers' penchant for facial ruin.

Before Kol could inquire about the fresh wounds along her Rosea's muzzle, Cercelee beat her to the punch. The girl sighed a bit regretfully at the mention of mischief; if only it had been that menial. "Actually, the reason I left so suddenly was because war broke out in my family's homeland. My brother...he came and found me and I headed back immediately. Thinking back, I know I should have left at least a note or something. I'm sorry Cer." She'd go into more detail if the alabaster queen wanted her to, but for now she simply left the facts as brief as possible.

The Stormbringer stretched a bit as a soft breeze kicked up the light snow and ruffled her pelt, then sank fluidly into a cross-legged sitting position before the Rosea. She couldn't help but smile as Cercelee mentioned Alexey. Kol had had no idea she knew how close the two pack members were. She chuckled softly as she replied, a lighthearted grin spreading across her lips. "How could I not notice her? She took over my house! Though I'll admit I was highly surprised to see that she's become the very thing she said that her sister hates and fears above all else. I knew she'd been involved with someone who was for a period of time, but I guess I just thought he'd never pass it on to her. I've been trying to show her the basics of things, since she's still incredibly wobbly in her shifted form, but it'll take time for her to gain confidence and balance. I can't help but chuckle in the background sometimes when she knocks into things and some not-so-nice words spill out of her mouth." She felt for her sister-like friend and what she was going to, but Kol just couldn't help it at times. It was just funny! Besides, she knew she'd get the hang of things before too long.

"So tell me Cer, what have I missed in the months I was away from home?"

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

ic:

Cercelee smiled, conversation came easily with Kol, even if they hadn’t been all too close before the ebony female’s disappearance, and Cer wondered why that was. Perhaps there was just not time? Cercelee didn’t know many of the members in the pack as well as she should, it was something to work on when her time was not eaten up by other chores or a pie-bald male. When Kol explained her disappearance, Cercelee just nodded, it was okay when members left, she never grew bitter over it. It was nice when they returned, but Cercelee was never too hurt if they didn’t. She remembered how weary Laruku grew with the coming and going in Clouded Tears, and all the more she was determined not to grow jaded over it. Instead she would focus on those who stayed or those who returned and every time they did she would believe there were here for good now. Why not? They deserved the second chance.

Cercelee laughed lightly at Kol’s explanation, only because she could not have read a note if Kol left one, but she did not admit that. “Don’t worry, you are back now. I hope everything is alright back home?” It must be strange to have loyalties to two places, to different groups of people, to have to periodically come and go. Alexey had left to seek out her mother. Cer wondered how many others would leave and return, only to visit far away places, family and friends. In a way she felt blessed that her only concerns were within Dahlia and once in a while she spared a thought for friends outside the pack.

Cercelee settled herself more comfortably as Kol did the same, sitting cross legged before her. Cercelee listened to Kol’s words of Alexey and again the elusive sister of the girl was brought up. At first Cer did not understand it, what had Alexey become that her sister feared and hated? The answer surprised Cer, so much so that she did not think better of the words that blurted from her mouth. “Adelaida hates luperci?” Still she had not met the girl, but Sankor had eluded to the fact that his sister was not always easy to get along with, why then join a pack full of the creatures?

Thinking back, Cercelee shrugged helplessly. It was hard to sort out everything in a timeline. She could mention the new faces, but Kol would soon meet them, or she could mention the ones that left, but Kol would learn that on her own. There was only one bit of news that was always forefront in her mind. “Slay and I are together…” She offered a small grin.
[/html]