What Can I Do, To Get Me To You?
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">

ooc: Here we go~! Set after Cer-Haku thread and Haku-Coli thread!

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

She hadn't come home all night. Slay's pale blue eyes stared mournfully out into the gloom, sitting on the front steps of the church they had claimed as a home. He left the doors wide open as always - when she wasn't home, he liked to flood the building with chilly air, making it more comfortable for his thick arctic fur. The sun's warmth, well, he was all for that. Spring and summer were the seasons he enjoyed best. Still, having a fireplace seemed a little too... unnatural, perhaps? Since he still stubbornly resisted trying his Optime form. Seated on all fours, the hulking wolf let his chin rest on the thin iron railing, waiting for the sun to rise.

Cercelee had been keeping busy the past few days. He liked to think it was the energy she gained from being happy at home with him, but it almost felt like she was avoiding him. Slay knew it was his possessiveness speaking, which was why he hadn't bothered to follow her when she greeted the newcomers at the borders, or went to visit the new Dahlian puppies, both duties he didn't relish. Instead he wandered lazily around the vineyards, catching stray mice, and chatting with those who stopped by. He had met Kol Stormbringer, and considered her a friend. He had not met Colibri Haki, though, although he thought he remembered hearing the name from Cer when they had first visited the beaches together. Was that the friend she had told him about? Or was that some other girl... he didn't know. It didn't matter much to the apathetic hunter. This season was rushing by quickly, and that at least was a relief. It would be nice to see the colour green again...

He sighed moodily, and turned his gaze upwards to the lightening sky. Inky blackness had given way to a muddy grey shade, soon to sharpen into the oranges and reds of dawn. Cer had been gone all night? Something must have happened to her. Slay had no idea where she was, though, and resigned himself to the church steps, knowing she'd return to him eventually. Muttering darkly to himself, he grumbled, "What's taking her so long? She better not have gotten herself into trouble..."

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... parent.png);background-position:top-left;background-repeat:no-repeat;" cellspacing="1">

She had expected to find him still asleep when he returned, or perhaps not there at all as he didn’t always hang about the church when she was not their. In her mind she slipped in silently through the back door, tiptoed through the kitchen and into their bed chamber, curling up besides him and falling soundly asleep. When they awoke there would be no questions asked. This fantasy was not to come true, and although Cercelee knew this all along, Slay would want to know why she had been out and the maker of the wounds, the dream disincarnated before her eyes as emerging from the vineyards she found the beloved male waiting for her on the large stone steps of the church.

Slowly her four legs brought her closer to the waiting male, her eyes glued to his as she approached. The cobalt orbs told him he needn’t ask, she would tell. Cercelee knew that she looked far worse than she really was, most the bloody on her snowy pelt was Haku’s. All her own bleeding had slowed or stopped, except for a deeper gash along her jaw line. Perhaps she would ask Hanna or Naniko for a balm to prevent scaring. Her flawless coat was soaked pink and red and she knew it would get days to get the unnatural color out.

Lowering herself beside him, making sure to keep her bloodied coat at a distance so that she would not stain him as well, Cercelee let out an exasperated sigh. The white lady hated to disappoint him so early into their relationship, hated to have caused him worry, hated to show up looking like a monster before him. He deserved better. I got in a fight with Haku. Cercelee turned her eyes on the male and before he could become angry at the Lilium she added her disclaimer quickly. I started it.

[/html]
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">

ooc: Smile A little short, sorry!

His head snapped up as something emerged from the frozen vineyard, ghostly white in the dim lighting, but stained with red as it approached. "Cercelee! What-" He sprang to his paws, pale eyes bright with worry, but... the weary look in her deep gaze told him to remain calm. She plodded to his side, sitting down a little ways from him on the steps. Reluctantly, he settled back onto his haunches, trying to inhale the story from the scents on her stained pelt.

The terse explanation he got was so incredible, at first he thought she was making it up. His hackles rose at the mention of Haku, who had always rubbed him the wrong way. He didn't realize it, but it was simply the bright blue eyes with the touches of madness behind them - just like his father's, the one who had trapped him in a den for months. "What the hell did he say to you, to make you jump on him?" Slay cried, upset by the very sight of his bloodied mate. Unable to keep his distance, the clingy male began to lick the blood from her damp fur, paying special attention to the dripping gash on her slim jaw. "Honestly, Cercelee, I had you pegged as more of a pacifist than this. Did you at least take his ear for a trophy?" His voice was grumbling with disapproval, but his touch was surprisingly tender. It wasn't his place to get angry at her, not when she was already exhausted from whatever had gone on.

"You... could have asked for my help..."

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... parent.png);background-position:top-left;background-repeat:no-repeat;" cellspacing="1">

His reaction was not unexpected and she winced at his initial cry out and disapproving tones. Although his Rosea, in a way she too now had to answer to him, tell him of her troubles and plans. They shared a life together and it was unfair of her to flip it upside. She had failed him, yet she hadn’t planned on any of it happening. Cercelee hadn’t thought of what would happen, but once Haku had been sighted, it had just happened. Most details of her attack couldn’t even be recalled, just that she kept flying at him and he took it.

He didn’t say anything… he didn’t even do anything, at least not… Cercelee sighed, turning her eyes upon the male apologetically, leaning into his caresses which were more comforting now than any words could be. Perhaps had she told him about the situation earlier she would have not been so overcome with emotions, would not have acted so irrationally. Yet it was done, and now all she could do was to hope Slay understood. I told you before, Haku had a daughter, Coli, who I grew up with. My best friend, like a sister. Cer paused and considered. Slay had taken that title during their time together and gone beyond, yet Coli was home now and she did not know if one would stand above the other. Could they both be most important in her life, or did Dahlia de Mai over shadow them both. Exhaling and losing the thought, it was something to muse over later, Cer’s mind went back to the explanation at hand. Coli had come here, to stay and Haku… well he, he wronged her... right after I left them.

Her eyes tried to tell him what she didn’t want to admit out loud. The male who had raised her raped his own daughter, her childhood friend. That same male was now her right hand man, the male who aside from Slay, Cer was expected to rely on most. I didn’t want to bring anyone else into this and I don’t know why I did it Slay, I really don’t. Her actions had been automatic, she had never intended to attack him, hadn’t given it any prior thought. He didn’t even fight back…

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Cercelee apologized and explained away the story as he tended to her, offering only a grunt to her pensive tone, and a soft growl at Haku's name. He hadn't met Coli yet, but he was interested to see the girl Cer considered her sister. He had forgotten that Haku raised the two of them together - would that make Haku his father-in-law, in a strange roundabout way? The chocolate-furred male had been courteous during the pack hunt, as he always was at pack functions, but Slay could never feel comfortable around the many-faced Lilium.

"...He didn't fight back, huh? He must've felt bad about whatever he did, then, if he let you punish him." Slay grumbled, pale eyes bright in the pre-dawn gloom. If Haku had chosen to fight back, Cercelee probably wouldn't be here right now. The thought of losing her so soon made him shudder, and he laid his chin atop her skull, 'twixt the ears. Had every sire damned his offspring by some foolish act? Slay's father had wronged him, too, although not in the way Coli had suffered. Maybe Cercelee would fly to avenge him, too, if he was ever to encounter his sire again. If he was ever to have children... Well, he knew what not to do, at least.

"First some coyote mauls you, then when your fur finally grows back, you attack the toughest wolf in the pack? Well, second-toughest; if he fought back, I'd tear his throat out..." Slay spoke calmly, quietly contemplating murder. He wasn't joking, although the outcome of that bloody spat was yet to be determined. "I swear, Cer, you're just trying to give me a heart-attack."

He sighed, feeling relaxed by the touch of her soft warmth. She seemed so small beside him... "How am I supposed to protect you if you won't let me...? I don't care about the politics of it - get me involved and then demote me afterwards or something. I'd still be your mate..."

[/html]
[html]

The Rosea let him fuss over her, melted in the attention he lavished on her. She did not mind the admonishments he gave her; she merely chased them away with a warm smile to her mate. It was Slay’s place to worry so, to wish to protect her, but it had been her place as leader to exclude him from this particular excursion. Had Slay been present, she doubted Haku would have taken the lashings as well as he had. Haku could have ended her life, but a part of her had always known in the back of her head that he wouldn’t. The Lilium was pledged to her and unfortunately for him his oath had included enduring the bloody argument.

I’m sorry Slay, it was easier to do first and tell later. You would have tried to stop me. She couldn’t imagine the black and white brute letting her run off after Haku, he would have offered to do it himself, but that wouldn’t have provided the catharsis she needed. I was never in any real danger, I don’t think. I’m not sure Haku didn’t fight back because he felt bad… I think he didn’t fight back because he was prepared for me already, it was like he expected it. I know you won’t agree but, I don’t think Haku would threaten my life. Whatever he is, he is loyal to the pack, and to me, in his own way. The Lilium had said so himself, he hadn’t betrayed Dahlia yet, he had give Cer no reason to believe that he would, and even when Cer had given him more than enough reason to lay fang on her, he hadn’t.

The white, pink and red female licked her tenderly along his muzzle. Don’t you worry, this is the last of it. I won’t be getting into anymore trouble. A heavy sigh escaped her, the night and it’s events leaving her exhausted, and she still felt guilty for letting Slay worry. Her weary eyes moved about the vineyard, growing lighter as the day grew bolder. They’d have to move quickly if they were to keep the sticky liquid from staining onto her fur. Walk with me to the shoreline? Her muscled tensed at the thought of plunging into the freezing water, but she saw little other choice unless she wished to remain pink.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Er... I suck. xD Four-day weekends always mess up my replying... Blame President's Day...?

"Of course I would have tried to stop you, dumbass," he grumbled, but let it go. She had trusted Haku this far, and it was true, he had not directly hurt her. Leading the pack to war, well, that was a debatable offense, but Slay wasn't at a rank high enough to criticize. The best he could do was put his faith in Cercelee's sometimes naive judgment, and be there to pick up the pieces should anything fall apart.

"...Go swimming, at this hour? If we must," he yawned, shaking his ruff to dispel the drowsy stupor he was in. The frigid sea water would wake him up, hopefully. He wasn't opposed to plunging in with her, as long as it wasn't cold enough to freeze the water to their fur. That had happened to him with Ril'o, and it was a mighty uncomfortable sensation. Still... they hadn't been together at the coast for a while. It was becoming their "thing", since she loved the ocean and he loved to swim. And they loved each other. Man, it would take a while before he could wrap his mind around that. Surely this was all some lengthy fantasy his mind had concocted... he must have passed out somewhere and hit his head on a rock, never to awaken... Things could be worse.

He rose to his paws with a grunt, waiting steadily to make sure that his mate had no trouble walking. "You're welcome to lean on me, of course," he murmured with a whiskery smile. If she wasn't hurt, then all was forgiven. Things certainly could have been worse. "I missed you, Cer. This church is too big for one lonely wolf, I'll have you know." The thought crossed his mind that they had still not consummated their mateship... Since his narcolepsy had ruined the romantic night of his proposal, he had not known how to approach the subject. If it was something that did not matter to the currently pink-stained Rosea, then he wouldn't mind waiting, but it seemed childish to delay the urges of nature for some unspoken reason. Then again, she was exhausted tonight, as she usually was from her constantly stressful position. What was a male to do?

[/html]
[html]

He agreed and Cercelee rose up beside him, licking his cheek happily. Yes, we must. The two toned male let the messy subject pass and Cer was happy to be done with it. He knew and there was little else to discuss. Furthermore he seemed willing to slip back into his happy self, now that he didn’t have to worry about the whereabouts of his mate. There was still a serious tone to him, sad almost, but he was content to have her with him, and she was content to be there. Hopefully after the chilly swim they could come back, dry off and fall asleep in their warm bed together.

Although no injury on her was serious enough to require assistance, she happily took up the offer and leaned into the male, slowing their walk somewhat. Navy eyes peered at the male as he spoke, feeling a pang of guilt knowing how often she left him alone in the church. I’m sorry. It’s unfair to you, but I don’t know what I can do. I have to be there for the pack too. Of course, they could have picked a smaller home. She had picked the church, without him. Yet she had grown attached to it. Wanted it. Slay just seemed happy she was happy. With a start she giggled, and even knowing it might be too soon to tease him, she couldn’t help but let the words slip from her mouth. You know, our home doesn’t have to be empty. We could always fill it up…

With puppies. It was too early to seriously speak on the subject, and Cer wondered if they two would ever both be ready for a family at the same time. But as they neared the shore her grin assured him that she only jested. All the same, she waited to see his reaction before she went to meet the icy waters.

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

As they padded peacefully through the dark, he felt her warm body pressed against his and drew comfort from her touch. It was strange, to have gone for his whole life without this sort of affection without problem, and now he couldn't stand being without it. "...Of course," he grumbled, admitting that he was being needy again. But he'd made that much clear already; he had to feel as though Cercelee lived only for him. His thoughts never strayed far from her, after all. The pack had always been his secondary concern, which was part of the reason he had never gained much rank.

The smell of salt greeted his nostrils as they neared the coastline, and Cer began to giggle. Slay barked a laugh at her light jest, his pale eyes bright with amusement. He was not opposed to the idea of puppies, but as an idea, to come to fruition some day off in the hazy future... Certainly not now. As much as he was enjoying her company as an equal - at long last, without rank between them - he had trouble seeing so far ahead in the future. He could just imagine the little children, with her pretty eyes and his ugly fur, taking advantage of their father falling asleep at random intervals, running amok in the church like their mischievous parents...

"Oh, please, and me getting stuck at home all day baby-sitting? I can't imagine any child of ours being well-behaved, Cercelee. Why don't we fill it up with rabbits, or something tasty, instead?" Slay gave her a playful nip to the haunches, and bounded ahead, splashing into the shallows lapping at the sand. He wasn't sure why she had thought to bring up a family - was that on her mind? It must be from seeing Firefly's children, all the talk of puppies and pregnancy and whatnot. At least Slay knew for a fact that his lovely snow queen was not carrying anything more than her own weight at the moment...
"...That reminds me, m'dovely. I owe you something."

[/html]
[html]

The playful nip sent a jolt of excitement through her body and the white lady couldn’t help but grin as her mate bounded before her. Before the electricity between them had not been so loud and pronounced, or perhaps she just hadn’t allowed herself to feel it fully. Had she not been so happy now, the Rosea would have regretted all those months they had been apart as just friends when they obviously had been meant for something more. Well, our pups would only misbehave if they take after you, you know. Her own pace picked up as she pranced after him, meeting the water with more courage than was warranted.

The water was ice cold and quickly washed over her, the run liquid running out from her fur. It hadn’t had time to dry and though her muscles stiffened at the freezing sensation she was glad she had forced herself to plunge into the water. The smell of salt and the coppery smell of blood filled her nostrils and moving back towards Slay, she stuck her nose deep in his pelt, inhaling the salt and scent of him instead. It’s c-cold, yeah? Their swim would have to be cut short unless they both planned on catching hypothermia.

Eyes widened and Cercelee shook the water from her pelt, musing over the male’s comment. Oh yeah, and what’s that you owe me? Her tail wagged, spraying icy water every which way. On a whim she grabbed hold of his ear, gently tugging the male’s head closer to her. Releasing it the woman grinned, feeling more playful than one should in such cold waters. I hope it’s a nice warm fire back at the house.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: C:

The frigid water, coloured black in the dimness of the wee hours of the morning, enveloped Slay's bulky form, the waves lapping at his chin as he treaded with his paws. If he kept moving, it wasn't so paralyzing. Still, even for his thick arctic fur, going for a dip in midwinter was a shocking experience. At least he wasn't yawning anymore.

"Oh, is that what you think, little lady?" he quipped, trying to keep his own teeth from chattering. Cercelee drifted close to him, poking her nose into his dripping fur, and he grinned cheerfully. "I seem to recall somebody being rather nippy at times, instigating roughhousing, waking me up during my beauty sleep... A long line of felonious behavior. I'd be honestly surprised if any child of yours was fit for pack life, let alone leadership!" He had managed to drawl the retort without stuttering, but the cold was really starting to get to him. He began to slowly paddle back to the shore, eager to try and shake the heavy saltwater from his sodden pelt. He wasn't too eager to face the chilly air, though. Why had he agreed to this again? Surely Cer wouldn't have been that garish with pink fur. "Next time you stay pink as a warning to others," he muttered under his breath as his wide paws settled onto the sand of the shallows. The ocean had receded to about his tummy now, leaving his ebony-furred back bare to the sky to begin the arduous process of drying.

Playfully, Cer caught his ear - literally - and dragged him down towards her level. Slay felt strangely light, carefree; no one else was awake at this hour, and it was their private beach to cavort about. His tail began to wave behind him, sputtering droplets of icy water. "Ho ho, aren't you hopeful! There hasn't been a spark in that fireplace for days - I can't mess with it on all fours!" He gave her chest a nudge, firm enough to topple her onto her side with a splash. Two could play at this game! Sure, their last play-tussle had ended in her getting bruised, but... this time he had a different scenario in mind. "But, I do promise to warm you up, my dear. Guess again...?"

[/html]
[html]

Cercelee stared at the male, an incredulous look on her face. Shaking out her fur, hoping that the drier she became the warmer she would be, she snorted at the male, turning her head as if insulted. I’ll have you know, that after a year of leading this pack I’ve come to realize it is in my blood. And surely any children of mine would inherit such genetics. Not meant for this pack? You’re insane. They would be built for this pack. Cercelee turned back and grinned. There was a time and place for everything, playing and roughhousing included. Cercelee couldn’t be blamed if Slay just knew one side of the coin far better than the other, could she?

Looking herself over, at least the parts she could see, she was satisfied. The red had run from her coat, and though wet and cold, the scent of Haku too had been washed away by the rolling waves. The salt of the water stung her open wounds, but she knew too that it probably served to help clean them, or fill them up with bacteria from the sea. Either way she did not mind the stinging, it was nothing compared to the anger she had felt for Haku, the anguish at hearing Coli’s story.

Oh Slay, who are you kidding? There hasn’t been a spark in that fireplace ever. At least as far as she knew. They did not make much use of fireplace, the small food cellar outside the back door, the table or any of the dish or silverware that was left behind, and Cercelee hadn’t even bothered to look through the holy items in the main part of the building-bibles, vials of holy water, stores of wine and empty bread baskets, crosses and a whole number of items Cer couldn’t think of names for. The bed in the bedroom, mattress worn and sagging, was enough for them. Otherwise the church served as just an elaborate den. One they would be returning to shortly.

I’m no good at guessing. I want my surprise now. Cercelee offered the male a coy smile, and then turning back broke into a run, her cold, cramped muscles unhappy with the decision of the female and they protested as best as the could but Cer was galloping back towards home, glancing back once to see if Slay was following suit.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: ...I love youuuu....

"Oho, 'built for the pack', you say? Isn't that a little pretentious, my dear?" Slay's black lips curled into a teasing smile, icy droplets spraying the beach as he, too, shook the heavy water from his coat. "You're speaking to the son of an alpha, the patriarch of a tribe! If anything, it's in my blood, sweetheart, so you'd be lucky if they inherit it from me." There really was no point to his argument; he just wanted to push her buttons. If being a leader was something she was proud of now, then it was fair game to tease her about it... Had she always taken it so seriously? Slay honestly couldn't remember. It seemed like she had changed somewhere along the way, but he must have missed exactly when. He had changed, too, though - it wasn't always good enough to just coast through life, and he knew it now. That had to count for something. Didn't it?

Cer's fur had mostly reverted to its snowy-white tint, as best as they could measure in the dark, so he did not protest when she bolted towards the vineyards. He was more than ready to snuggle up indoors and get warm again, although his weary muscles didn't seem to understand that the reward would come after the trek back to the church. The lazy male couldn't keep up with Cercelee's exuberance, and plodded along in her soggy pawprints, steadily following her silhouette ahead of him. "I'll light the fireplace if you carry me," he offered loudly, pausing to shake his coat vigorously again. It seemed like the water was never-ending -- the only downside to going for a dip with fur as thick as his. "You'll get your surprise after I take a nap..." he added, wide furry paws trudging through the cold. In all fairness, he had pulled an all-nighter.

[/html]
[html]

Lalala this is getting so old XD

The snow colored Rosea couldn’t help but snort at his accusation. Did he even hear the words he was saying to her? “Well, if you’re built for leadership, why is it Haku sits next to me on the throne and not you?” Her voice was light and teasing, but she knew he had a sore spot for Haku. Already, so soon after the fight she could use his name in a joke, but she doubted Slay had forgive so soon. Still, she wouldn’t pause for him to get angry. “Those pups would have a queen for a mother and a jester for a father, not a king, and you know it.” Her eyes twinkled, her voice was merry and she hoped he wouldn’t get hung up on the Lilium’s part in her jest. Even if Slay was the court clown and not a prince, she loved him above the others.

The were nearing the church and Cer increased her pace, coming to the door before him and pushing it open. Once inside she was glad that no wind could touch her and even if they did not light a fireplace, at least she could curl up and warm herself that way. As her mate entered she smirked at him, tail flicking coyly like a cat’s. “Must you really nap? I mean, I’m not tired. Not one bit.” Of course she was exhausted and cold and wet, but she wouldn’t say so.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: It issss.... D:

"Oh, back to Haku again, eh?" Slay grumbled, too tired to take offense at her playful jests. If he were more easily angered, half the words that came out of Cer's mouth would upset him. Thankfully, his skin was thicker than that, so long as he had free reign to retort. "I think you've got him on the throne just to make me jealous. It won't work, milady - I'm far too handsome." He flashed her one of his dazzling smiles, trying to tilt his head roguishly. The effect was diminished, however, by the saltwater still dripping freely from his mane. Wet arctic fur was far less fluffy. Cercelee's next words, calling him a joker rather than a king, were timed perfectly.

The little white Rosea had the church door ajar by the time he reached it, his wide paws padding up the cold steps where he had been waiting earlier that night. He licked her cheek as he passed her, meeting her smirk with a sly glance of his own. "Come here, you little liar," he crooned, teeth lightly grazing her flicking tail. He could push himself a little longer, if that's what it took. He'd rather be exhausted and spend time with his mate anyway than keep sleeping away the precious time they were allotted to share. The big male loped past the tall stained-glass windows, pausing at the narrow doorframe of their bedroom. "Still want me to warm you up, Ice Queen?" he drawled, pale eyes lingering on her slender frame. Honestly, he was nervous. Would she laugh at him, before realizing he was serious? He had never had any sort of experience with women, and to the best of his knowledge, Cer was new to it too. Even though she had taken him as her mate... Would she accept his affections now?

[/html]
[html]

Fade to black or play out? Up to yooooou. XD

“Not a liar, not really, just a little bit of exaggeration.” Her voice was light and flitting, her mind was still fully awake even if her body wasn’t, but that too was coming back to life. Their body heat alone was enough to warm up the space of the small kitchen and bedroom, especially if they moved around some. Plastering her wet self against Slay, she tested to see if she could steal his body heat, he had, after all asked her to come over to him.

Still want me to warm you up, Ice Queen? His tone told her what he himself did not blatantly state. A shiver ran through her and warmth rushed to every part of her body, or maybe it was just easier now to ignore the cold. They never had consummated their mateship, and why be in such a rush anyway? Just being near Slay, knowing he belonged solely to her now, brought her such immense happiness she didn’t think it was possible to feel anymore. Not that she didn’t want to be intimate with him, she thought about it often enough, but they had never pushed the issue. Now it seemed like they had waited a life time. “Of course…” She pressed herself closer to him, not quite knowing how to make the next move but knowing that however it happened it would be perfect.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Couldn't resist adding something, but they're too sweet together for me to write vulgarity. ^0^;; I guess this is my fade to black?

He swallowed nervously, both of them appearing unsure exactly how to proceed. Since Cercelee could shift, and did so for important events like their pack meetings, would it be strange for her to do this on all fours? Slay pushed that thought from his mind; it was natural to be as a wolf, not a werewolf, for such a natural act of love. He was not opposed to learning how to shift for her, if she requested it of him, but it was not something he could offer right now.

Inhaling deeply, he drowned in her scent; salty from the ocean she loved so much, and sweeter than the field of flowers he first met her in. Her small body pressed against his, her warmth flooding into him, revitalizing his weary frame. His pale eyes gleamed in the dark as he nuzzled against her, a gentle touch... he would never hurt her, his Cercelee. He felt his mate shiver slightly, and realized it was not from anxiety but rather anticipation. That was enough for him.

Exhaling in a deep rumble, the arctic wolf felt his pulse racing as he shifted his position, stepping backwards, nestling his delicate mate between his forelegs so that his wide muzzle rested betwixt her ears, and her slender spine aligned beneath his broad chest. Even in play, they had not embraced so close, and he was pleased to feel how comfortable they seemed to fit together. Had Cer been taller, had he been shorter, it might have been an awkward position to attempt - but as they were, big and little, black and white, things were perfect.

He could feel her heartbeat against his own, the two rhythms speeding against each other as the blood roared in his ears. His furry paws were planted firmly on the stone floor of their church, his frame surrounding her, enveloping her ghostly-white body in the shadows. "You'll always be mine, Cer," he murmured, breath hot against her damp ears. "I love you..."

[/html]