different kind of beauty
Zana was growing tired of the scrawny white pelted girl she shared quarters with. She wouldn't whine to the rest of the family about it but she swore the crimson eyed pester snored. She knew it certainly wasn't coming from her and the two larger males so it had to be the other girl. The lilac eyed girl stood outside the den glaring into the darkness, the stupid gulls had woken her up again and once more they'd just mocked the tiny girl as she'd chased them across the shore and once again ammounted to nothing but making herself tired early in the day and yet too stubborn to try and crawl back into the nest with that strange lady.

It was bad enough trying to find a place to sleep in the den without having to touch the stupid white furball but she didn't want to be alone in the den with her either. She wasn't for certain that Siobhan was still in the den even but she didn't want to find out last minute because she couldn't just turn around and walk out once she'd made her appearance. Zana worried at her bottom lip as she sat back on her tiny paws and tried to think just what she was going to do.
[html]
Would it be possible for us to update this to a few days ago? I would luff you forever.

Siobhan had settled in with the two males relatively quickly, but she was having trouble adjusting to the new female in the den. She slept in with all of them pretty often, whenever she was inside Inferni overnight...but now she was beginning to get sick of Zana. The white coyote rolled over onto her back, staring at the ceiling. Why had Ezekiel brought her home? She didn't like her one bit--the girl seemed snotty to her, a bit full of herself. She was so sugar-sweet around Ezekiel too.

She didn't want to share her new family with somebody else. Another male she might have been able to handle...but Siobhan had never had to live with a female besides her mother. She growled as she got to her feet to exit the den, shaking her pelt out a little bit to rid herself of the dirt that she had collected during her rest. She wasn't sure what she would do today, but whatever it was it would be outside of the lands. She didn't want to see Zana's stupid face; that would just ruin her day.

[/html]
ooc- we all know I don't keep a log or date threads for the most part. Big Grin

Zana had seriously been giving thought to Ryan's words. She hadn't wanted to just abandon Zeke and Gabe since they'd brought her into their home but Ryan had offered her a place with them and they were so much nicer than Siobhan. She sighed to herself and rubbed her eyes with her little paws as she sat there in the sands with the pounding cry of the gulls in her ears. A slight whimper rose from her throat as a rather large gull came back one more time to pick at the small child. She slapped at the bird with her little forelegs and tried to snap with her jaws but she was just so little and the bird obviously could sense her weakness.

The tiny Lykoi kin finally gave a wail of defeat, nothing was going her way today and she just went crashing towards the den, anything to get away from the horrible birds. Sadly for the crimson gold pelted pup the older girl had decided to grace the world with her presence. If Zana had been watching where she was going she probably wouldn't have settled on such a crash course right towards the lady. Tears streamed down her face from being so tired and the pesterings of the gull that she couldn't have seen the snowy furred girl even if she wanted to. Now things were just going to go from bad to worse.
[html]
Big Grin

Siobhan was a relatively nice individual...but something about Zana rubbed her the wrong way. She was so little, even smaller than Siobhan was. She felt like the girl could take care of herself, like she was a burden on her and the others. And she took up Ezekiel's time and Gabriel's time...time that Siobhan wanted for herself. Why had she left her mother, anyway, unless she'd had to? Siobhan had been kicked out by her mother--Zeke was her savior. He'd found her and brought her to this place.

Zana came into the den just as she was beginning to step out of it, and Siobhan almost ran into her. She hadn't had a good night's sleep as it was, and this just topped it off. Zana was always in her space. "What? What's wrong with you, crying? Why do you need to cry?" She asked crossly.

[/html]
When she'd nearly crashed into Siobhan and had to move quickly to get out of her path the small Lykoi girl tried to brush the tears from her eyes as she heard that snappy voice cross at her once again. Her little chest heaved as she whimped and tried to speak up. "Why are you so mean!?" she finally cried out as she finaly was able to see partly out of blurry eyes.

Lilac orbs gazing up at the scarlet ones that were so angry at her as she tried to regain her composer that the horrible gulls had stolen and now this. What had she done wrong to deserve all this now. Leave me alones, you don't really care why I cry!" she accused the other girl, she was probably correct but all she wanted right now was for the snowy pelted older female to go away and just let her be. She just wanted to curl up and be away from all the mean cruel monsters that were ganging up on her today.
[html]
Maybe they can devise some way to catch the seagulls and eat them :E

She did care, in a way. Because if she could find out what was making Zana cry, then she could go and take care of it so that she wouldn't cry any more. Zana's crying was one of the most annoying things in the world. Anything that would make it stop would be something that she was interested in. "Tell me. Tell me what makes you cry and I will get it."

The shifted coyote sat back, shaking her head. Zana thought that she was mean? She wasn't mean. It was Zana that was mean!"I am not mean! You are mean. You taked my Zeke away--I do not see him hardly at all any more."

[/html]
Zana stamped her little paw and couldn't help but let out a wail at the words that the ivory lady demanded. She didn't want that mean old bird to join them, then sh'ed be stuck with her tormenter and the foul mood of her clan mate. "Noo, you'd just laugh at me!" she shouted, she hated being small but even more than being picked on was being laughed at.. and let's face it, who wouldn't laugh at the poor girl's problem. It wasn't everyday a seagull got the chance to beat up someone higher on the food chain.

Rubbing her eyes as she tried to get control of the tears that still flowed so freely Zana sniffled as the crimson eyed older girl suddenly burst out. She screwed her face up and glared at Soiban like she was stupid as she shook her head. "I no take anyone aways! He takes me in, I no ask to stay!" Zana had been told by Zeke and Gabriel to stay in the den with them until her father could be found. He still hasn't been found but the little girl didn't want to leave the clan now that was starting to become more and more like a home to her. She couldn't understand the white coyote's anger at something she didn't do so she just glared in annoyance, for the moment the seagull that was flying about outside forgotten.
[html]
ooc talk

"I won't. I promises." She said, shaking her head. Geesh, Zana was so dramatic. Siobhan didn't know what to do with her some days! Ezekiel had told her that they might move out and live by themselves someday, that they would need their own space when she got bigger...but how big did she have to get? She didn't mind Zana some days, but other days she didn't want to be around her at all. She didn't have much patience.

Maybe Ezekiel really had asked Zana to stay. But why would he do that? She didn't understand. Wasn't she enough for him? Siobhan shrugged. The idea of moving out with Ezekiel made her feel a little bit better...more willing to help Zana with whatever was making her cry. She wouldn't have to see much of the girl if they didn't live together. "Okay. Well...tell me. And I will help you. It will make Zeke happy if we get along, so I will do this."

[/html]
She couldn't help but roll her eyes at the whole possiblity that Siobhan would do it for Zeke. Zana didn't understand why Siobhan was so attached to the older boy, yeah he had taken them both in.. but Zana didn't tail him like a little lost shadow and she found it more than annoying when everytime she turned around the scarlet eyed girl was doing just that. Atleast it meant Siobhan was out of her way she thought crossly before sighing.

Zana just stared at Siobhan, unsure if she really believed that the other girl wouldn't laugh at her if she did tell her the truth. She sat there sniffling a few moments as her little bottom lip jutted out as she tried to decide if the other girl was lying or not. Finally she gave up and just lowered her head as she muttered. "Stupid gulls, they tink they own the beach.." One tear rolled off her nose as she sniffled. "They attacks me when I try and plays there.." Ok, so she probably had started it all by attempting to chase them off so many times, but really, sh'ed never hurt them!

Zana raised her eyes slightly, daring the older snowy pelted girl to laugh at her now. She might be small but if Siobhan was going to laugh at her after promising she wouldn't then Zana was going to let her have it. She was tired of being picked on and feeling like she wasn't worth anything just because she was so tiny.
[html]
ooc talk

She thought to herself for a moment. She had a few things stored in the back of the den...human things that she had found in the city the last time that she'd gone there. She had some pots and pans, a couple of dolls, and a really odd looking thing that stretched back when she had pulled on it. She'd been told that it was called a slingshot, and that humans had used it to hurl rocks and things called potatoes at targets. There were plenty of rocks around...

The girl frowned, turning toward the back of the den to look for it. "Siobhan has something that could help...." She sifted through a few things, lifting up a couple of items and looking beneath them. There! "Here. It is a sling-shot. And a little one...made for someone little, like us. I doesn't use it much, just to try and get some hares when I don't want to chase after them. Maybe it will work for those birds." It made sense, that Zana wouldn't be able to fend them off for herself. She was really little, and Siobhan had seen the gulls off in the distance in the area that she normally played in. They kept away from her, for some reason, but they were always watching. She thought that they were very crafty creatures. "You want to go out and see? If you hit one of them with a rock, maybe it will scare the others."

[/html]
Zana tried to dry her eyes and make the sniffles disappear when Siobhan spoke up again. She frowned herself, in disbelief that the ivory hued girl could actually find something to help her. She titled her head to the side as she sat in the entrance and waited. When Siobhan returned with the object Zana was not amused. She had never been able to shift like the others had, she didn't understand that with time it would occur but Siobhan presenting her with a weapon she couldn't use yet was almost as if the other girl were taunting her. "How can that help me noooow!" she wailed as she sat back and looked up at Siobhan like he was crazy.

She was interested in the contraption that the other had found but she was still easily upset and not being able to shift yet really did make the whole world seem a lot harder to the small child. "Not fair that you can change already.." she huffed as she glared out towards the seagulls that were lazing about on the ground and gliding on the ocean breezes. She really did hate those birds. She glanced back to the weapon that Siobhan held as she asked. "Hows it work.." she might not like Siobhan too much.. but if this could help her sometime then it could be well worth it.
[html]
end this one soon?

Siobhan had been able to shift for a while. She'd learned when her mother had started to become more aggressive toward her, when she had began chasing her around more. She'd not been able to get away on four legs, but with two she could get longer bounds and had even been able to climb trees to evade Annei. "You and me aren't very big...We needs weapons to defend ourself and hunt some animals. "

She didn't know how to hunt yet, but maybe a weapon like this one would help. "Siobhan learned when she was little. How to change. You will learn too, when your body says that it is time" She looked at the sling, pulling back the stretchy part a few times to test it. She reached down to the floor of the den, picking up a pebble and placing it onto the patch of hide that was attached to the sling. She pulled it back then released it, sending the pebble shooting a long distance up and out of the den. "Like that. Want to go out and get those gulls? We can have a nice supper"

[/html]
Zana didn't know of the monster in Siobhan's past but the two had more in common that she would ever imagine. The small girl watched Siobhan with doubt as she tried to explain that with time she would be able to change. The small girl huffed and grumbled. "Zana will get bigger in time, Zana will change in time! Why is it all in time! Never now!" The impatient girl shook her head and glare off towards the seagulls that were lazily circling about the lands and mocking one another she narrowed her eyes at the monsters and sighed. "Time takes to long to come!" she exclaimed as Siobhan began to show her something about this new tool she'd brought to her.

Zana turned her orbs towards the slingshot as Siobhan began to show her how the contraption worked. Her little thistle orbs widened as the white girl shot a pebble out the den and into the sandy world beyond. Zana smiled, her little mind thinking up a million little ideas she could use the weapon for. Suddenly Siobhan offered to go help get at the seagulls.

Laughing outloud Zana nodded excitedly as she wagged her little whip of a tail. "Yeah, let's get them!" She couldn't wait for the day she would get to shot down the evil leader of the gulls but she didn't mind watching as Siobhan took a whack at it today.