missed that exit sixty miles ago.
[html]
Private for the lovely Savina!! Big Grin Halycon Mountain, close to Quartz Shoreline.

----------faster, faster.. the lights are turnin' red

Her instructions had been simple. Go east until you can't any more, head due north until you reach a peninsula. Cross it, then go east again. If you've hit water this time, you've gone too far. It had made plenty of sense at the time--it still did, really, but the small girl was rather miserable as she stared out across the sea. Drat; she'd overshot her target. And in this weather, no less!
As the snow whipped about her face and the wind sliced into her fur, she let out a small, exasperated whimper. Nosing her way into a snow drift, she wriggled her way in and folded her body up as neatly and tightly as possible to conserve heat. Her stomach growled at her obnoxiously, but she knew there was no sense trying to hunt in the storm. If she tried to fish, she'd get carried out to sea for sure! Then again, she was getting rather sick of seafood anyway... the odds of a rabbit being out in this mess were even worse. Humph. She eyed Charger, who'd crawled in beside her, and he eyed her back warily. A soft smile crossed her lips and she nudged the raccoon gently. Maserati would sooner starve than eat him.
Left once again with her own thoughts, meagre possessions, non-talkative companion and little else, she soon found herself wondering what she was doing here in the first place. She missed Gale and her home. It was at least a little warmer there and she knew people. All she'd been given here were a handful of names by a guy she hardly knew. Did she really owe him these favours because of her blood alone? No, she resolved firmly--she did not. It was definitely something else that had driven her to embark on this adventure (she'd always wanted to travel)... but now that she was out actually doing it, she was starting to wonder if it had been the best idea after all.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Wheeee Big Grin
300+

What in the name of the gods was she doing all the way out here? Well, she knew why. She had been tracking an incredibly large hare. Probably the biggest she had ever seen. For as big as he was though, he was very fast. Much faster than she had anticipated so she had spent the majority of the day so far going after him. Her stubborn determination had lead her all the way up the coast near the mountain range. Snow was falling and collecting on her midnight coat. Her tri-colored scarf flapping the wind. She had needed Kansas to wrap it around her neck since she was in her lupus form today. Boy, he was sure going to be pleased when he found out she had spent the whole day chasing a rabbit. At least it was better than the last thing she had done to worry him. Immediately after thinking that she felt sick. That wasn't very funny.

The wolfess sighed as she was sure that she had finally lost track of the hare. But right before she turned to head home she caught it in her sights again. It was headed up the slope of the mountain. "Ah, ha!" She grinned devilishly as she took off at a dead run. Trees flew past her peripheries as she zoomed after the large rodent. Closer and closer and closer and...NOW! The lithe luperci jumped and snatched the hare between her deadly jaws, clamping down. He had been a worthy adversary so she snapped his neck quickly. Between the trophy in her mouth, she had a smug air of satisfaction on her face.

A small whimper cut the winter air not too far ahead of her. Ears perked up she walked to investigate. Her nose was so clouded by rabbit and blood that she nearly tripped over the female that had curled up in the snow drift. Savina dropped her prize so that she could talk. "Oh dear, I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there!" her accented voice apologized. Now that she was able to fully take in the sight before her it was a little odd. A fully grown wolf snuggled up with a raccoon. She could honestly say that she had never seen that before. "Are you alright? The snow's not so bad down the mountain."

[/html]
[html]
--

She was about to take a nap and she could already feel the effects of sleep pulling on her eyelids and beckoning them to close. Her journey had taken her quite far and she found she was always more tired than she'd originally thought. Before she could get too far, Charger started chattering his teeth at her and she shifted around, poking her small head up above the surface. Squinting, she spotted a dark coated female clambering after a rabbit. Her heart leapt in her chest as she watched the other girl complete her task--ah, so there was food somewhere around here anyway! This was reassuring. Staying low, she knew better than to disturb another wolf with a catch. She had every intent of keeping to herself, but to her surprise, the dark lady approached her.
Maserati peered at her quizzically--if the sight of a wolf with a raccoon companion was strange to Savina, the scarf flapping around on the she-wolf's neck was just as strange to Maserati. For some reason, it seemed so... out of context. Were the Lieutenant General shifted it may not have stricken her so queerly. Hardly one to judge others for how they chose to decorate themselves (lest she be a hypocrite), her eyes then dropped to the rabbit and her stomach growled loudly again. Certainly raised to have manners, she did her best to ignore it and listened carefully as the accented female addressed her. The accent alone was enough to make her beam brightly as she replied with her own lightly accented voice: 's not a worry, she assured her.
'n hearin' about the weather is quoite a relief! Standing up slowly, she backed away slightly as she shook off her coat. Even if she'd only been lounging about for fifteen minutes, she had still been quite covered in snow. Now white flecks peppered the dark background of her body, but she still appeared much more herself--dyed fur and all. I'm Maserati, she offered with a little bow. Her surname was omitted for the time--she still wasn't sure which she was even supposed to go by any more. That of the male who raised her or that of the male who'd given her life? 'n this here is Charger, she added, gesturing toward the raccoon. I'm, eh... not familiar with the area, she admitted somewhat sheepishly. How bizarre. She'd known her way around home like the back of her paw... here, though, she was barely a step above a lost stranger.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Awww, I missed teh Zero <3
300+

It seemed that people with accents were coming out of the woodwork these days! Just the other day Savina had accepted a male into Crimson Dreams that had a heavy accent, somewhat similar to this girl's. She returned the marked wolf's smile with her own warm one. "Good, I'm glad I didn't hurt you." Bushy tail swayed easily from side to side as she heard the other's stomach loudly complain. Emerald eyes looked back down to the meal she had caught. It was obvious this girl needed some food, definitely more than she did at the moment. "Would you like some of this? I don't mind sharing," she said, nosing the carcass in the younger wolf's direction.

The Lt. General bowed her own head in return. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance Maserati! My name is Savina Marino." Jeweled gaze moved towards the little masked creature. "You as well Charger." A soft chuckle left her throat. This wasn't her first time introducing herself to some smaller creature, but it still felt a little strange. While Maserati's accent was clearly not Italian, her name was undeniably from Savina's homeland. "Hmmm, Maserati. Is that Italian? I ask because that's where I'm from. Italy." It was the first time she had run across anyone else with a name of that origin on this side of the Atlantic.

"Well, you've just made it into the part I'm familiar with. Those lands on the other side," she motioned with her head. "Those lands burned, before I came here. But on this side, these are the lands of 'Souls. I know them fairly well, or at least most of them. I could show you around a bit if you'd like. Or is there someplace in particular you're looking for?" It seemed that the occurrences of simple wanderers and those that came here with some sort of purpose were fairly equal. Either way, the dark fey was more than happy to help.

[/html]
[html]
Eee. -Missed Souls a lot.- People kept talking to me about it lately! I was like... D: But it's cool, now I'm like Big GrinDD

Of all the folks she could've run into first, she was probably fortunate that it was Savina who found her. The other female had a welcoming, friendly demeanour that strongly reminded her of home--and all of a sudden, she was getting hit with pangs of nostalgia in addition to pangs of hunger. Her red eyes widened at the suggestion of a meal and her pink tongue danced out across her chops. Really? If you don't mind, oi'd love to... but you go first! she exclaimed lightly, nudging it back. Polite or not, instinct would get the better of her and she had a feeling she'd scarf down that rabbit in two minutes flat if she weren't kept in check. She was content to let Savina eat first and pick through the leftovers. After all, anything would be better than what she was originally expecting (i.e. nothing).
Hmm.. I, well.. she stammered for a moment, frowning at her own behaviour. It was unlike her to stumble over her words, but she honestly had no idea what to say... or rather, how to say it. My.. dad.. named me after an Italian kind of car, yes. But I'm pretty sure he was from Ireland, she finally managed. I've lived in Canada my whole life, though. A look of relief washed over her and her tail swung slowly behind her. She felt a little retarded and wondered if Savina would think she was slow--alas, it seemed mighty unprofessional to go spewing personal life stories to a stranger, though, so she would remain 'inept' instead of rightfully 'confused.'
Her head tipped to one side as Savina explained the predicament further north. Well! At least she hadn't wondered there by mistake. Being surrounded by a bunch of dead trees wasn't the best for morale. 'm looking for a couple of folks, actually. I was told that one would be in Inferni and that the other probably is, too, so I guess I've got to start there. With the sky rather overcast, she couldn't even figure out which way was which any more--other than away from the ocean had to be west. Still, she'd already come that way and missed her target, so obviously there was a bit more to it than that. South and west, since north was just wastelands? It seemed logical.
[/html]
[html]
300+

Maserati had some serious self control to be able to nudge the rabbit back to Savina before chowing down on it. Those were some impressive manners. She wouldn't have faulted the girl if she had pounced on the rabbit. When presented with a meal a hungry wolf usually doesn't wait to ask questions. But to her that showed a great strength of character and kindness. She lowered her slender neck to take a few bites from the large rabbit. Mmmm, he tasted as good as he had looked. The sable fey wasn't particularly hungry at the moment, so after she had taken enough to satisfy her she nosed the majority of it back to Maserati. "There you go, the rest is yours'," she said licking the blood from her lips.

She listened with interest as the girl explained her name and heritage in a way. Good, her ears and brain had not deceived her in thinking the name was from her native tongue. But what in the world was a car? "I see, well that's interesting! You had plenty of cultural places to pull from. I think that's a good thing." At first she wasn't going to ask what a car was, but her curiosity got the best of her. "If you don't mind...what is a car?" Now it was Savina's turn to feel the part of the fool. Any knowledge she had of the humans was from before the time that they had cars. She had never even heard the word before. Wouldn't even know what to call it in Italian.

When her companion said that she was looking to go to Inferni her heart sank a little. She tried her best to keep the worry from her eyes and features, but wasn't too sure if she had done a good job. "Inferni? Really?" The femme swallowed hard past the lump in her throat. When she had first came here she had nothing against the clan. Even still she had at least one friend there (she had no idea if Anselm was still there, she hadn't seen him in months). But after what had happened to Pilot and her fight with Hybrid, her opinions were beginning to darken. "Well, if you follow this side of the mountains it curves around Northwest and then more West. Their borders are right near the bottom of this range up that way. They're...pretty impossible to miss." Should she tell her about the skulls? She didn't want to scare her. "But if you're going to Inferni, be careful. They aren't too fond of wolves. Some of the members are great. But the others..." Savina bit her lip.

[/html]
[html]
--

Maserati had to look away as Savina ate, but fortunately the older female took her fill (she guessed) quickly and sent the leftovers her way. Thanks again, mate; Oi've gotta say it's quite impressive to be hunting in this weather, she said with a smile before placing one paw on the remains and using her teeth to pull off some of the meat. It was still warm and it tasted amazing--she showed her appreciation with a few enthusiastic mmm!s and several wags of her tail. The next question sort of surprised her, but she reminded herself not to take her upbringing for granted. It wasn't her dad that had taught her most about cars (he was more into wood working and such), but her uncle.
Still, she was quite happy to share what she knew. Well, cars are wheeled machines the humans used to have. If you go in a lot of cities you can still find dead ones. But it's possible to take the parts from different ones (if they're similar enough) and make them work again. You also need gas, though, which is the hard part, she said with a crinkle of her nose. Siphoning gas could be rather disgusting if you accidentally got some in your mouth, which you almost always did. They can usually carry up to four wolves and shelter you from the weather as you travel; you can go much faster and further with a lot less effort. A journey that might take a week on foot may only take one or two days with a car! Her uncle had turned her into quite the enthusiast, and had even taught her not only about fixing cars up, but also how to drive. Maz thoroughly enjoyed it--the noise, the speed... it was even faster than she could go herself!
I think they named me that because I was never afraid of the cars my uncle used to work on, plus Maseratis are known to be fast... and I have never lost a race! she beamed. It was true, too; Maserati seemed to posses some supernatural speed. It hadn't taken long for all the others to give up on tag or races with her--she just broke away that much faster and kept going. Absently she wondered if there were any cars around this area--perhaps not, if Savina didn't know what they were. Then again, maybe her description would spark some recognition. She knew a lot of wolves classified all human junk as simply that and didn't bother to distinguish one crumpled machine or structure from the next.
Regardless, Savina's concern was not lost on her. Her ears fell back slightly and she nodded. Anselm, as not-that-great of a parent as he was, at least had the decency to warn her about Inferni's questionably aggressive politics. Still, she figured she would be fine. She had his name, and if anyone wanted trouble she had no qualms dashing away. In her head she went over the directions; it was much nicer to have specific landmarks and paths to follow, rather than a simple "go east, then north" kind of thing. She sighed a bit, softly. Yeh; that's what Oi've heard. 've got a message from one of the former leaders, though, so I'm hoping if I act appropriate and tell them as much I'll be alroight, eh? It seemed like sound logic. As much as she didn't know what to think of Anselm, she'd really like to believe that he wouldn't intentionally send her into danger--and furthermore, that Gale wouldn't have allowed it then, either.
[/html]
[html]
500+

The dark wolfess was happy that she had been able to help the other. "You're very welcome." She had to chuckle at the comment about the weather. "Yes, it's taken some serious getting used to. This is my first real winter. Back in Italy it never iced or snowed." Now that she had gotten over the majority of her bellyaching about the temperature, she could see the beauty in the winter landscapes. She would still take the summer sun and warmth over this stuff any day, but it wasn't all that bad. As Maserati ate, she took a seat, licking her front paws to help warm them up after being in the snow for so long.

Savina listened with rapt attention as it was explained to her what cars were. As the younger wolf talked her eyes grew wide as she tried to picture what these things were in her head. While she had gone to Halifax on a few occasions, she hadn't really paid much attention to the scenery. Most times she went there looking for something specific and once she found it she left. While she was more used to the old human city now, at times it still gave her a chill up her spine. These car things sounded almost magical! They could move that fast? And hold that many wolves at a time? "Wow...that is amazing! I never knew the humans had such things. It's impressive that you're able to make them work again!" She wouldn't' have the first clue about such things. Her simple country Italian upbringing had not prepared her for the wonders of a place that used human artifacts so regularly. The girl was getting more used to it, but there were still so many things she didn't know.

A spark glinted in her eyes as Maserati stated that she was very fast. Racing was something that Savina also loved and she herself had never lost either. Admittedly, her pool of opponents hadn't been that large, but she had been the fastest wolf in her birth pack. "Ah, really? Racing is something I really enjoy as well! I never lost a race back in my birth pack either. Maybe some day we'll have to have a race the two of us?" The idea excited her. The only races she had really had here had been with her brother. She would love to race against a skilled opponent.

Triangular ears twitched at the mention of having the message from a former leader. Could it have been Anselm? If she had already been warned about Inferni from whoever it was, it would make sense. After their first meeting he had told Savina to find him in Halifax instead of going to Inferni. She nodded her head. "Yes, I imagine you'd be fine with that information. They do look out for their own and those that know them." Well, that last part was only partly true. Savina was a bad example though. While Hybrid had had it coming, she knew that she was no longer safe anywhere near the clan. "If...you don't mind my asking, who was it that sent you?" She supposed the chances were higher it was somebody she didn't know, but it was always possible.

[/html]
[html]
--

Wow, really? she wondered aloud, trying to imagine what such a place might be like. Verdant year round, she guessed... no winter famines... it sounded like paradise! Her father's voice sounded in her head at that moment and she reminded herself that the grass always seemed greener on the other side and it was best to simply be content with what she had. Still, it would be nice to do without that time of year when she stuck out like a sore thumb--hunting was difficult for a black wolf on a white backdrop, and stealth wasn't much of option. It was more about brute force and long, exhausting chases (as Savina would know!).
A grin danced across her face at the mention of cars. Well, if I find one around here and can get it into working condition, I'll take you out for a ride! she laughed, although she was quite serious about it. She'd always been jealous of her uncle's impressive collection (three working cars, that is) and she always sort of wanted one for herself. When she returned back home after her vacation was over, maybe she'd have something to show him! Yeah; that would be cool. She found herself distracted and wondering what kind she would want--unfortunately, most of the ones she found to be pretty were somewhat ineffective on the deteriorated roadways. Hmm. Oh, sure! she remarked in regard to the race, snapping back to the present. Some day when it's nicer out, perhaps, she added. It wasn't worth wasting energy on such things right then when food was so scarce, obviously.
Well, 'is name is Anselm. Anselm de le Poer. He apparently left to get his life sorted out, and in the process sort of scrambled up mine, she admitted, a hint of resentment in her tone. Things had been going just swimmingly until he'd shown up, and now she felt like she was constantly fighting off some insidious form of mental turmoil. She wasn't even sure what she wanted... other than Gale to have told her sooner, maybe. This probably wouldn't matter as much then if she'd adjusted to the idea up front. Maybe what got to her most wasn't Anselm's negligence so much as Gale's dishonesty? Still, she reminded herself, he probably had the best intentions at heart--it wasn't like she could really blame him. How mad could she possibly get at the kind wolf who'd given her a good home and taken her in despite not being his own? Obviously she had no control over the situation, either, so it seemed like a waste of time to get angry at herself, although she felt herself slipping up on occasion. It was all quite a mess in her mind.
[/html]
[html]
300+

The thought of actually taking a ride in one of those cars was a little scary, but exciting! She wondered what it would be like. What it would feel like, moving so fast. The wolfess loved running as fast as she could, but this sounded so completely different. From what Maserati had told her, it was like you sat in this thing and it did all the work for you. So you were more or less just rocketed around in this human thing. It was all a very bizarre thought to her, but she would love to try it nonetheless. "Really? That'd be great! There is an old human city not too far from here. You just follow the coast and there it is! I've never noticed any thing that sounds like a car, but I also haven't paid much attention." If she was going to find a car, that would most definitely be the best place to look.

Her tail beat against the snow-covered ground happily at the prospect of a race. "Yes, these are not at all the best racing conditions," she said, laughing lightly. The Mediterranean femme really liked Maserati. She was a very nice, interesting, intelligent wolf. She really hoped that this would not be their only meeting. That they would be able to race and maybe even drive one of those cars the other knew so much about. They had the potential of becoming very good friends. At least she thought so.

She had to admit, she was surprised when the girl actually said Anselm's name. It really hadn't been expected. Sure, she thought that it was a possibility. From what had already been said it sounded like it could have been him, but it could have just as easily been someone else. "Oh, really? I know Anselm! Probably not as well as some, but good enough." The annoyance in Maserati's voice made it apparent that she was none too pleased with whatever the old Inferni leader had done. "Well, I'm sorry that he's meddled things up for you. He's really a good guy at heart though. At least he was to me. He helped me through a rough spot in my life." Attacking Conri seemed like small beans now compared to the Hybrid incident, but his help had been no less welcomed and she was no less thankful for it.

[/html]
[html]

It was always a little scary to get behind the wheel, but that was part of the thrill. Rolling down the windows, listening to the rumble of the engine and feeling the wind whipping past was an experience like no other. She could only imagine it being all the more rewarding to have rebuilt the car herself. She'd received enough training under her uncle that she figured she could get by with reference books--he'd let her do about a quarter of the work on the most recent car to enter his collection. Thus, the news of a nearby city excited her. I'll most definit-ely check it out, she promised.
The dark girl was rather enjoying her company--even despite being homesick, cold, and a little intimidated by the newness of the area. It seemed like Savina really knew her way around, which was invaluable. Although the journey was half the fun, Maserati had every intention of taking care of Anselm's business as soon as possible. Following that, she figured she'd stick around--now she sort of wanted to try her luck at finding a semi-functioning vehicle. This would take time, and she wouldn't be able to get much of anywhere until the snow melted (no plows, these days), but it would be amazing if she could complete a project by summer. Then she could cruise around and have fun, perhaps with her new friend!
It was something of a relief to hear kind words spoken of her father--he'd stricken her as incredibly distant and weird, and she still had no idea what she was supposed to feel about him. Then again, she mused, she'd probably stricken him much the same. Oi suppose he can't be that bad of a guy, or else he wouldn't care 'bout us at all, she said, ears falling back as she realised this probably merited more of an explanation. Anselm is my dad, too, although I guess 'biological father' would be more appropriate. He told me he had no idea he even had children until he met my ... half-sister down here (this also felt odd, the only sibling she knew and remembered was her brother; although she considered Gale and Kendra's recent litter to be adopted family, too) 'n apparently it got him wonderin' how many more of us might exist. Then he found me. She shrugged a bit. I could tell just by talkin' to him he still has some things to work out, and he said he wasn't ready to come back here yet, but he wanted me to talk to his cousin and his daughter for him.
Anselm put up a tough exterior, but she could see through it and realised he was even more upset about this than she was, even if he didn't try to let it show. In some ways, this was her only consolation. For it all, it felt good to get this off of her chest--and at least Savina knew the red-eyed male whose eyes she shared, so it wasn't completely random.
[/html]
[html]
300+

Of course, why hadn't she thought of it before? Maybe that's the real reason she had thought it had been Anselm: her eyes. Those same eyes that both Anselm and Ryan had. She had guessed it right away the first time she had met Ryan. But back then she had found those crimson eyes to be so different and unique. They still were, but Savina had become more accustomed to them. They didn't strike her as they once did. Absently her head nodded along with Maserati's words. Well, it seemed that Anselm would have more figuring to do whenever he got home as well. Another relative had popped up in his absence, though it was a granddaughter instead of a daughter.

"Yes...I know Ryan quite well. I met her before she even told Anselm that she was his daughter. She's a wonderful girl. One of the nice ones in Inferni." The truth was that if it weren't for Ryan, she would wash her hands of the clan altogether now that the de le Poer male was gone. While she knew the girl and her child were safe there, she couldn't help but worry about them. Some of the coyotes there were legitimately crazy and probably wouldn't think twice about hurting them. She didn't have the heart to say that to Ryan though. "You'll find another relative you weren't expecting there. Ryan has a child. A daughter, named Valkyrie." Savina figured that Ryan wouldn't mind her giving her unknown half-sister the news a little early.

Clearing her throat, she tried moving the conversation to a little less heavy of a topic. "I don't know if they'll let you stay there or not. Or if you'd even want to. But if you do need a place to stay, you'd be welcome to come to my pack. It's called Crimson Dreams. From the city keep following the coast until you reach a hilly forested area. Then go west and you'll find its borders." She had no idea if Maserati was even planning on staying around that long, but she was more than happy to offer her an open room in the mansion or one of the caves to call her own for a little while. Winter was hard enough in a pack, much less alone.

[/html]
[html]
--

Oddly enough, her adopted father Gale had also had red eyes--yet another trick that perpetuated the illusion of a perfect, normal family. It was still somewhat hard for her to see any difference, but seeing Anselm side by side with Gale revealed that Anselm's eyes were definitely a couple of shades darker, not unlike her own. She could still remember Bran, one of the pack leaders, making a casual comment on the situation once Anselm showed up. It wasn't as if he would lie; there was no motivation to, obviously.
Much to her surprise, it seemed as though Savina was already well acquainted with her half-sister. The dark lady's kind words were reassuring to Maserati--her whole life, she'd had relatively little feminine influence. Her adopted mother was the only female in the "pack" that otherwise consisted of her brother, Gale, Bran, her uncle Ross, and later Boomer. They were a tight knit group and readily took in weary travellers, but the drifters always moved on and she never got to know any of them too well.
For some reason, the mention of a niece sent Maz's head spinning. It was like she'd gone from having a small family with Gale, to having "no" family at all but a stranger named Anselm, to all of a sudden having an intricate network of undiscovered relations. Perhaps, for the first time, she understood a little of why Anselm wanted to keep searching. Wow, she murmured softly. It's so strange to me--it used to just be me and my brother and our small family, and now there's the possibility of so much more. She desperately wished to ask the older girl how she was supposed to feel about it--but by then, Savina was moving on, and in her heart she knew the best person to ask was probably Ryan. She already knew how her brother felt about it, but she wasn't sure how to take his reaction. It was a very strong one, and she knew enough to see that the best course of action or thought was usually the middle ground and not some extreme.
At the mention of joining Inferni's ranks, she shook her head slightly. Aw, while I certainly appreciate the offer, mate, Oi'm not really lookin' to join up anywhere around here. My heart'll always belong back home, she resolved, and instantly felt better for having said so. I think Oi might check out the city you mentioned, though. Maybe'll find a car to fix up before I go back home... and I'd love to come visit yeh while I work on it. Maybe something else would come up that would keep her around even longer, but for now she had little intention of staying away from Gale and her family for very long.
[/html]
[html]
300+

In a way, Savina knew how this sudden family thing felt to Maserati. Not exactly of course, but she had an idea at least. The Marino's own family was very small. It had just been her mother, her two siblings, and her. While they had been a part of a pack and their sire had always been around them, she at least had never felt like they belonged. Serge had been higher up in the pack and Amata had been a subordinate. So of course they had taken his side over her's. They allowed them to stay, but they had never truly been welcomed and accepted. Then as their family had been whittled away one by one and she had ended up here, everything had changed. Here she was accepted. She had her brother back. Most times this place felt more like a home to her than her birth pack ever had. "Yes, I understand how that must be. My family was very small and then I came here and while we aren't related by blood, my pack feels like one large family to me. It's quite a change than what I grew up with."

Sometimes the Italian femme forgot to make herself clear when she spoke. It was obvious to her that Maserati was only here temporarily and that she planned to return to her home as soon as she could. "Oh, yes, of course I didn't mean it that way. Simply if you needed someplace warm and dry to rest while you are here. We've had temporary visitors before, it'd be no problem." She wasn't trying to be insistent on the idea, but with the cold and snow it was nice to have some nice welcoming place to lay your head. "Yes, I do hope that you'll at least come visit! The trip from the city to my packlands isn't too far. If you find one to work on you should let me know. I'd be interested to watch how you fix those things up."

[/html]
[html]
Whee~ Good thread, I feel like we got a lot accomplished. End, I guess? :o If you want me to change it, let me know. ^^ And we definitely need another thread in the future!

Once more, Savina had touched upon something dear to Maserati's heart--and once more, Maz found the older girl's input very helpful. The onyx wolf really wasn't sure how much importance she ought to place on genes any more, and hearing that Savina considered an obviously diverse group of folks to be family was reassuring. Gale and Kendra were definitely her parents in the spiritual sense, and in a sense all of Troika was one big happy family. She was glad to hear these kinds of set-ups existed elsewhere, too. Gale had lived in Bleeding Souls, she recalled, but he had been hesitant to heap praises on the area. Putting it together, she realised he must have lived on the other side of the mountain Savina had mentioned. Even though the whole fire sounded rather messy and was probably traumatic in its own right, perhaps some good had come of it? She would have liked to think so.
As the leader clarified, Maserati found herself nodding lightly in comprehension. Ah; so it was more like a room for rent, a gesture from one friend to another, rather than something that spoke of obligations and commitments. How very welcoming indeed! Hmm, I'll keep that in mind; I really 'preciate the kindness, Savina! Off the top of her head, she'd been planning on just staying in the city--some suitable dwelling must still exist. It'd provide shelter against the elements. Bonus points if it were a garage, where she'd be likely to find any tools she'd need in one place. Still, that might get a little lonely and it was nice to have the option of socialisation a short walk away. Although Maserati could be heavily introverted at times, she still enjoyed interacting with others who were laid back and pleasant (as was her company now).
I reckon before Oi do any of that, Oi oughtta take care of Anselm's message, though. Thank you very much for the directions and the meal! We'll meet again, she promised--which was somewhat unusual. Maz was rarely so committed to strangers she'd met within the past half an hour. Still, already the kind Italian was seen more as a friend than a stranger. The crimson tipped girl signalled to Charger, who waddled back over from whatever mushroom he'd gone to investigate and readied to depart. Her heart was set on Inferni.
[/html]
[html]
Yesh! Big Grin End sounds good! And yes, definitely future thread! Mas should come around when she's big and fat with bebes (or has bebes)! :3

Savina smiled and briskly nodded her head. To nice wolves such as Maserati, she was more than happy to offer them a warm place to lay. She knew that the rest of the pack would welcome her for the time as well. No doubt the pups would find her and her knowledge of cars wonderfully interesting. They'd probably have a lot of fun with Charger as well. "No problem! I'd hate to think of you out all by yourself in this awful cold. Well...I guess you wouldn't be all alone," she added looking in the direction of the raccoon. The inky wolf wondered what it would be like to have a little friend like that. Would you ever be tempted to eat them? She supposed if you had a strong emotional connection to them it wouldn't be a problem. It was just an entirely new phenomenon that she had only witnessed here at 'Souls.

"Ah yes, that's right. You're very welcome! Glad I could help. Take care until next time and good luck!" She should probably be getting herself home as well. Kansas would begin to worry about her if she was gone for too much longer, and the trek back to Crimson Dreams was a long one. Chances are he was already a little concerned for the amount of time she had been absent. But she would be sure to make it up to him, in one way or another.

[/html]