It can be cured if detected early
[html]

indent Now settling into his life, Tristan had not changed his habits much at all from his time as a loner. He hunted, slept, and generally roamed around, exploring. That had been his pattern today, and now he had come back home. The den he had claimed was large enough for at least two, and he had begun making it his own. There was a pile of found blankets from the city, thrown into a pile. That was the majority of his work done, as he had not lived in one place long enough to understand what he needed.
indent Tired and unwilling to continue his (lack of) project, he had gone exploring. Several of the caves were inhabited, as he soon found from scent and sounds. Once he passed these, the system opened into a large room, which was empty. From here there was a fork, and he opted to visit the library. Here he shifted, body transforming in a span of no more then a minute, and stood. Shaking a mass of wavy red hair from his face, the pale-eyed man began canvassing the collection. What he grabbed was a thin book, and with it, made his way back to his room.
indent Settling on the floor, the red-haired man opened the book and began reading.

[/html]
[html]

indentIt had been odd to wake up that morning next to Fatin instead of her lonely cave in Storm. Odd, but perhaps a bit more comforting. She'd been a member of Jaded Shadows only for a better part of the day now and already she'd gone to the border and accepted a new member, a male named Orca, who'd been injured when she'd found him. The raven woman had shown him to the pack den and then had left him to situate himself, which was why she was now inside, traveling through the twists and turns that made up her new home. It was considerate of Fatin to offer her not only a home, but also a place in her leadership. She didn't want to put the Alpha out by bumming around in her area of the den.

indentSo off the onyx lady went, in search of an unoccupied space to make her own. The rooms had ended up spread out more widely than she had expected, though she didn't mind, it only meant that much more privacy for the members of Jaded Shadows. It seemed she might get lucky as she rounded the bend to the first separate room. One that, from the area she was walking, seemed completely empty. There was a scent that lingered there, perhaps of someone that had recently passed through, she supposed. Turning in, she stepped into the room only to lay her eyes on a male wolf, reading in the middle of the floor. "Oh." It came out suddenly, her steps halting rather abruptly. "I'm sorry. I didn't know anyone was in here."

[/html]
[html]

indent It was her voice that caused him to look up, and when he did, he was greeted with a dark woman with shocking pale eyes. His eyes were almost that color, even though hers still had more of a violet tint then his. Shifting his weight and pulling himself up, the red-head smiled and shook his head, causing a chunk of the thick auburn hair to fall into his face.
“No problem at all. Are you looking for someone?” It was a question he himself had come here for, so he did not doubt that someone else might suffer the same problem.

[/html]
[html]

indentShe hadn't notice until she finally stopped long enough to look that, well, he looked very similar to Fatin. It had to have been the hair, she concluded quickly as slate eyes traveled over his form. "Oh no. I'm not looking for anyone. Actually, I just arrived here last night so, now I'm looking for a den for myself instead of being a burden to Fatin by taking up her room." Of course, Phasma knew that she wasn't being a burden by sleeping there a few nights, she simply didn't want to take advantage of the kindness that had been shown to her. "I'm Phasma Kiles." She offered then, halfway tempted to ask him if he and Fatin were related, but she held her tongue for the time.

[/html]
[html]

indent The book in his hands was folded over, leaving his thumb in the holding place for his reading. Flicking one ear in a wolfish shrug, he kept the smile on his face and his eyes on her. “I just got here recently myself. Tristan Nakado. Fatin is my older sister,” he offered, as if able to read the question on the tip of her tongue.

[/html]
[html]

indentShe gave a quiet laugh when he spoke then, he'd answered the question that had been sitting silently on her tongue. "I was thinking you were related. Then again, I suppose you knew that." She felt bashful suddenly, idiotic in her silly comments and random laughter. "I suppose you're busy and I've uninterrupted you so, I'll leave you to what you were doing before I bothered you?" She was fishing really, as was made obvious by the fact that her words had come out as more of a question than a statement. Did she bother him in the middle of something? Did he want company?

[/html]
[html]

indent “You looked like you made the connection,” he said, eyes studying the fine lines of her bone structure. She was fit, healthy, with gossamer in her coat and a twinkle in her eye. If he could have imagined half of what she had gone through, he would have remarked on how unimaginable all that was. Except it wasn’t. He had seen his share of nightmares out in the great wide open. “Oh no, I was just trying to pass the time. Besides, I’d rather talk with a fine woman like you then read about someone discussing the nothingness of being.” He made a face at this, childish, but clearly aiming to give her a smile.

[/html]
[html]

Haaiii! Because I'm a loser and had to go on the Absentee List!

indentHe was charming, really, held that same sort of aura about him that Fatin had. She could remember be so scared about coming to face Fatin when she was going to tell her about Chael and that she was pregnant but Fatin had been far more caring and less angry than she had expected. It seemed that the majority of Fatin's family was welcome and comfortable to be around. "Well, I don't know if I'll be as interesting, but I can try." She said with a bashful sort of smile, pushing herself away from the entrance of what she'd discovered to be his den and made her way towards him. It was a slow movement, trying to hide the fact that she was most excited about being able to stay and talk, she needed something, someone, to keep her mind off of the events that had gone on just a day or so earlier. She seated herself finally, just a short distance away. "Have you been here long?"

[/html]
[html]
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/1926/tristtabyb8.png) no-repeat scroll center bottom; width: 325px; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; font-family: georgia; font-size: 11px; line-height: 1.2em; color: rgb(124, 25, 20); text-align: justify;">

Tristan was a curious character. As openly friendly as he was, there remained a terrible shadow in his past, a darkness he could not escape. It came with the territory—after over a year on his own his life had undergone a thousand ups and downs. Putting the book aside, he sat up and moved his body to give her more space. Clear blue-gray eyes remained focused on her face as she settled, still amazed at the similarity of their eyes. Not very, he admitted. You’re the first new person I’ve met since I’ve been here, actually.

[/html]
[html]

indent"This is my first time being here for more than just a few moments." She admitted, frowning to herself at that fact. Honestly, she should have visited much more than she had, but things had been so hectic that she hadn't really ever found the time to do so. "But I can say the same. You're the first new person I've met here." And she smiled. That wasn't to say, of course, that she didn't already know people, as was obvious by her mention of Fatin and the fondness that seem to spread over her when she spoke about her. "A lot of people here are like family though, so it's nice." She'd never been good at small talk.

[/html]