Stranger Things Have Happened
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... cwk12c.jpg);background-color:#000;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position: bottom;padding-bottom:259px;">
All Welcome!

The spirit guide journey had taken him longer than expected. Seclusion had not suited the male and living outside Aniwaya even less so. For a week straight he had stayed alone in Ethereal Eclipse, cursing the snow and slush and his lack of a proper den until moving on through the Shattered Coast and finally into Halifax. It was there in one of the many homes on the outskirt of the city he had found her. Sitting calmly on the stoop, her tail flicking easily back and forth and one paw raised, rubbing clean her tiny face. Surprised Leland recalled his conversation with Haven, his confession that if not a canine he wished to be feline, although he had never seen the once domestic cat alive. Leland had not thought they still existed in these lands, having moved on to warmer climates and away from the large canine predators that could so easily hunt them down. Yet here she was, and she smiled at him slyly.

“It took you long enough to find me Leland” The sweet voice mewed up at him, a low purr followed. The mismatched eyes widened at the tiny creature, small enough to fit in his open palm. "I didn’t expect..." The husky stammered and then felt foolish. He was such an oddity, a remnant of the human world. His kind had been once domesticated. Why not his spirit guide then? He had been wrong to expect a hawk or a horse like those of the other tribe members. So she was not of the flesh, but his spirit guide. His journey come to an end. The multi-colored kitten stood, stretched lazily and strode over to him, looking up as if to ask “where now boss?”

So he had returned home that day, and as he strode into Aniwaya, silently padding after him the calico kitten kept up effortlessly, her tiny tail stretched up towards the sky and bent just at the very tip. The sun beat down upon the two and finally coming near the horse barn Leland stopped to sit a while and rest, her eyes dancing over the kitten and her own odd colored eyes, green and blue. Letting out a sigh he smiled at the cat, Pixie as she had introduced herself, and leaned back against the barn, listening to the horses within. "Well, this is home."

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... blebot.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

Catherine was walking around, her hands on her jean's pockets, Seymour floating above her and above the trees, her recent experience in her mind. Her Journey was so soon, so quick and so unespected that she had only noticed when it had ended. She returning to the tree near the fences she called "hers" when she passed near the barn. Her eyes caught the shape of a known face. Leland. How could she forget about him? He was her closest friend since she joined the tribe. It was good to see him again. And he wasn't alone. The small muticolored kitten near him called her attention from the husky mix. It, somehow, remembered of her own Spirit Guide, Saw, that was not at all like the small cat. Shaking her head to forget this, she fastened her pace to the other AniWayan.

"Hello, Leland!" she greeted, still a few yards away from him. She waved to him whil she half runned to join him. When she was beside him, she repeated the greeting and smiled, looking to the kitten. "Is it your Spirit Guide? It's so cute." she said, crouching down near the cat. "I didn't know you was in a Journey. I was too. I have just came back from it." she commented, looking to the male now. She felt something slither from behind. Swiftly, the black mamba appeared, climbing her arm and coiling in her neck, just like a scarf.

"Leland, I want you to meet my Spirit Guide, Saw." she said. Actually, his name was Sawhra Addae Meddimirah, but he didn't need to now it. Just Saw was enough. The snake's head went down in a salutation, its black tongue shaking in the air all the time. "Hello, mister Leland." the mamba greeted the husky mix, with its hissy voice. She only hoped not to scare her friend with her new reptile friend.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... cwk12c.jpg);background-color:#000;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position: bottom;padding-bottom:259px;">
All Welcome!

Her voice caused Leland to lift his head, bi-colored eyes meeting the emerald eyes of the female. "Why, hey thar Catherine!" The male grinned, forgetting momentarily his strange new acquaintance, that is until Catherine mentioned the tiny kitten herself. Turning his eyes back to the kitten he sighed, knowing this was an introduction he would have to make many times in the future. Unlike many spirit guides Pixie had no qualms about showing herself to anyone and everyone, it seemed almost that she fed off the attention. Which was silly, since she was suppose to be wise and above it all. Nodding, Leland chuckled softly, hoping that not too much attention would be paid to his spirit guide. "Why yes... this is Pixie."

A tiny kitten chirp met Catherine and Pixie stood and turned herself in a circle as if to show off. Rolling his eyes, Leland looked back up to the female. "Yes, I felt it was time an’ well, here she is. My spirit guide!" The male was pleased to hear Catherine too had found her spirit guide, it seemed that the outsiders and newcomers were slowly getting acclimated to the pack. About to ask what sort of animal Catherine had stumbled across, Leland quickly got his answer as the snake appeared, coiling it’s self about the female’s arm.

Eyes widened and then the male calmed quickly, realizing what the snake was before Catherine introduced it. Yet Pixie, for supposedly being a wise spirit guide, did not seem convinced. With a small hiss and a few quick leaps the calico creature found refuge atop Leland’s head and the husky snorted, but made no move to remove her. "It’s nice to meet ya Saw... excuse her, if ya don’t mind" Playfully Leland swatted at the forever young kitten and was met only with a small bite to his palm. "Argh..."

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... blebot.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

She smiled at his greeting, but noticed his sigh as she gave her attention to the kitten. She petted it's head with the tip of one finger. "Pixie" she repeated. It fitted the tiny feline perfectly. She laughed lowly at the cat's little apresentation. It seemed funny to see it's thin legs moving around, and even more funny to see the husky mix rolling his eyes at his Spirit Guide's show.

She had a hard time to don't laugh as she saw the mismatched eyes of the male wide open as her own Spirit Guide show up. Biting her finger, she watched the little kitten climb up the Optime male in front of her, but she couldn't hold, and a delighted giggle came out of her mouth, covered by her hand. "No worry." she said, still giggling. As the kitten bit him, the giggle became a soprano, pitch laugh. The black mamba on her neck hissed in quick pauses, sounding like a laugh.

"Haha...so-rry...hahaha..." she tried to say, but she couldn't stop laughing. When it finally stopped, she took a deep breath. "Sorry. Really, but I couldn't stop..." she said, trying to keep her poker face, but it was hard. Her always-gentle smile came out, trying to keep it cool. "Is it hurting?" she asked, a little worried and thrilled. Could they harm? Shaking her head lightly for a second to forget that, her worry taking on her.

[/html]
[html]
All Welcome!

Leland couldn’t help but smile at the laughter emitting form Catherine and her spirit guide. Pixie too seemed appreciative of the humor they found in her actions, for her hiss of fear soon turned to purrs of pleasure, bi-colored eyes peering down at Leland’s hand as he inspected it himself. "Nah, it’s okay..." And it was. The bite of the kitten had surprised him more than it had hurt. She had not broken the skin, Leland knew she could have but after all she was his spirit guide. She would make a poor one if she truly did cause him harm, her purpose being to keep him on the right path.

Clumsy the kitten climbed down from her perch atop his head, eyes staying glued to the snake. Leland knew if she wished she could easily make it so she was not visible to any but him, yet although she seemed weary of strangers she was not shy. Pixie liked attention, that was clear. Leland did too, so it was unsurprising. Perhaps there was more to his spirit guide business than Leland realized. He would have to put more thought into.

"Ah, so Catherine, how er ya gettin’ along with Saw then? How long has it been since ya found him?” For Leland it was still the first day, and it was all too new to him. Unbelievable almost. He knew that if he told his brothers back home about the spirit guides they would laugh, call him crazy. Sometimes he almost felt he was.

[/html]
[html]
--

Catherine sighed lightly in relief to see he was alright. She noticed the kitten turned her attention to the black mamba, and he retributed it. He looked deeply inside the mismatched eyes of the kitty, his own glittering lightly. She was getting used to it, but it was harder in the night. In the dark, the bright yellow eyes looked like torches, shinning blindly. He was usually showing up to everyone, not caring for the attention. He was very neutral to almost everything, but when he believed in something, nothing could break his ideas. In the whole, he looked like her in that way. Maybe they would do good together.

"Well, it's been a few days since I found him. I must say, he got me on short with that. I was just walking around when he surrounded me, but I couldn't see him, and... Well..." she said, beginning to describe her Journey, but not willing to continue. She was not being sincere... he scared her the heck out of her. She would run away, screaming like the girl she was if it wasn't by Ayegali that told her the truth. That it was her Spirit Guide. She was glad that he was with her now. He was a great help in many aspects. One o them was that he helped pretty much on building up her new den. It still had lots to do, but she knew she could do it.

"What about you? How long does Pixie is with ya?" she asked, noticing her different way to talk. Maybe she was spending too many time with the husky mix. So much that now, she was catching up his accent. She holded a laughing because of it. It was funny to her.

[/html]
[html]
All Welcome!

Pixie continued to stare at the snake, bright eyes unwavering. Easily she kneaded the legs of Leland without breaking her concentration, as if her and the snake were communicating by sight alone. Leland watched them, noting the intense gaze of the mamba as well. The two of them made him uneasily, and it was nearly impossible to ignore it. "Pixie..." It was nearly a whisper, but the kitten merely fattened her ears in response as if to say “I’m busy, leave me alone...” and continued her staring match.

Sighing helplessly he turned back to Catherine, nodding at her explanation of how she found the creature. Spirit Guides were funny in the different ways they seemed to present themselves. Leland wondered if perhaps they put much thought into presenting themselves, or maybe, like the Aniwaya tribe, the spirit guides were searching for their own creatures on earth to bond with. When they appeared for the first time it was only because both beings were ready to be united. Maybe that was how it worked. He would have to ask Dawali.

Perking his ears, he smiled down at the cat. "Oh, well... I jus’ found her taday actually..." It had not even been a full twenty-four hours with the cats and already he knew she would be a handful for him.

[/html]
[html]
W.C.: 229

Catherine was getting thrilled with the two Spirit Guide's stare at each other. Even when Leland called Pixie she acted like she didn't want to be disturbed. Even Saw, with his locked gaze, seemed so concentrated with it that she hadn't the corage to call him. She just swallowed her wish to do so and kept her mouth shut. It was like they were exchanging informations with each other, almost like a silent, motionless discussion. It was spooky, so she glanced away from them, afraid she would end up in that, whatever it was.

So, maybe it had been only hours that the both dismatched eyed creatures had met. It seemed a little odd for her, but not so much. It was only...unusual. It was a small rate to find someone that just came back from a Journey. It even looked like impossible to happen, meet someone that had just finishedsomething very important and vital. She made a face inside herself and went back to reality with an "Oh." That was all she could say in that moment, while she organized her thoughts. "Right. Besides that, what have you been doing lately?" she asked. A glance toward the barn behind them reminded her of something. "Do you finally found a horse of choice?" she questioned the male, wondering if any horse showed interest on him, or the opposit.

[/html]
[html]
This is dated before our other thread, yeah? So Catherine and him haven’t seen the horses together yet.

Leland shook his head, still aware of the intense staring between the two spirit animals. It was hard to concentrate on Catherine’s questions with Pixie’s and Saw’s face off, but he tried to give her his full attention. "Nothin’ much, gonna get ready to build my house soon I think. Once it warms up." He thought about that a lot, not so much about the horse Catherine was asking about. "No, no… no horse yet… you?" His bi-colored eyes managed to stay glued to Catherine’s, forgetting the strange behavior of his kitten for the moment.

Yet Pixie gave Catherine no time to answer the question before she bolted off of Leland’s lap. Her body wound up like a spring and then sent her sailing through the air with speed and grace, and it seemed she was heading right towards’ Saw. Leland cringed, waiting for the collision between snake and kitten, but it did not come. Leland did not know how Pixie missed Saw and Catherine, though it had been her intention all along, but she landed easily on the side of them and disappeared quickly out of sight. Leland was baffled and for a long time could say nothing, this kitten was just too much for him. Finally weakly, he turned to Catherine. "I don’ know what’s gotten inta her."

[/html]
[html]
Aye!

Catherine heard the male's answer and amused. She had considdered building her own house, though she would need help. She was going to ask for his, but as he would be busy, it wouldn't be a good idea. She would have to ask for Dawali's. "Oh." she repeated. "I might do this as well, but I'm not really sure." Besides, one advantage was that she wouldn't have to sleep on that hard branch anymore. Her back had ached a lot this days, and she couldn't help but to imaginate a more comfortable bed.

"Well..." she started, a little embarassed. She was expecting this reply, but wasn't ready. Neither to answer honestly nor to try getting near those creatures. They still raised her neck's fur, but lesser than a few days later. She had visitated the barns a lot this days, trying to get more used with these animals. A little more and she would try pass the fence to the stables, and then to the horses themselves. It would take a long time, but she was willing to try. For her, almost everything was posible. Almost because of her half realistic, half optimist personality.

She hold a sound when the kitty just jumped besides her. She wasn't sure if it was a whimpers, or a snarl, or justa scream. It was a sound. The young cat dissapeared after it, wothout any warning. She frowned, glancing everywhere, not able to see it. She let it go and foocused in the male, until she noticed her own Spirit Guide had dissapeared itself. She stared at the ground, a slight mark of slither on the wet snow. She followed it with her eyes and she could get the image of the very tip of his tail vanish under a bush besides her. 'Oh, dear!' she thought. "Neither do I know what's up with him as well." she replied, her voice faint and a bit rough.

She was astonished with his behavior. Tons of questions built up inside her mind, most of them related to her friend and his Spirit Guide. And it wasn't like Saw. He was alwas so kind and good, though had a very different way to show it. It had many weird habits, but nothing like that. She knew because, though the time she was with him had been so short, it was enough for them to know theirselves better.
'Odd...' she thought, thrilled. "I think that we should go after them." she suggested, and walked slowly toward the bush. She was starting to crouch when she turned toward the male. "Bye!" she said, waving once to him and lowering in the bush, looking for the black mamba.

[/html]