When the Sun goes Down
[html]

The sun was starting to set on the tribe after a long winter day. Asha was happy that spring was right around the corner now. She hobbled over to the window of her newly finished cabin to watch as the sky pained itself with pinks. She had managed to find a few members of the tribe that did not mind putting a roof up for her. At least on good thing had come from Leland breaking her ankle, she was relieved of her duties. Ever since that day she had been walking around leaning on a stick like composition she had put together. Mostly it was a tall stick cut down to her armpit height with a shorter stick stuck on top and tied together with leather strips. Walking leaning on a stick was not pleasant but now she wasn't putting as much pressure on, she could at least walk around a little without it. She took a bottle of whiskey from her kitchen area and walked over to the couch and fire place but, along her way a knock at the door made her groan. She limped to the door and opened it to see Leland “Oh...Come out of the cold..” She muttered. Was he still feeling bad about hurting her? Quickly she checked him out. He was defiantly a handsome guy, strong too. She had began to like him more and more since she had last seen him, since he had held her in his arms.
[/html]
[html]

OOC:

He had been nervous to knock on her door, having rarely seen her since the accident. Leland had helped to work on the cabin, put only when Asha had been away for the day. It was awkward seeing her in such a state, limping with her ankle wrapped and knowing it was his fault. He had tried to always to be polite but they hadn’t much of a chance to talk in private and he had no idea where they stood now. Did she hold anything against him? Leland smiled hopefully as the door opened but his hope fell a little as her greeting was less enthusiastic than the one he had been planning was. Clearing his throat, he made his way in, bring out from behind him the trinket he had brought.

I ah, brought ya somethin’ fer the house, Asha. He opened his palm, displaying the feathers strung together to represent a flower with multicolored petals. Oriel feathers, blue jay feathers, cardinal feathers, finch feathers… feathers he had collected for some time, since before the start of winter. Every color was represented, and it had taken some time to make it. Now he wasn’t sure if he wanted to hand it over, what if… she didn’t think much of it at all. I ah, I thought ya might hang it on yer wall er somethin’. Odd eyes glanced around at the finished cabin, a low whistle escaping the male. Ya did a great job finishin’ it.

[/html]
[html]

His visit had been unexpected to say the least but non the less she missed the cluts. As he entered she allowed him to warm up. The cold weather bothered her, she just was not a winter person. The snow, the ice, the storms and lack of prey. She couldn't ride as fast she couldn't bath in the ocean. Winter was just not fun for her. However, this winter she found herself all eyes on Leland. As he pulled an object out from behind his back she looked at him questioningly. He explained that it was a gift for her new home. A very large smile spread on her lips as she took it from his large hands, “Wow...it's beautiful.” She gasped. The colors were stunning and the craftsmanship was gorgeous, “I must have taken a long time..” Suddenly, she was the one left feeling bad. “You didn't have to honestly.” Still the smile never left as she limped over to her lite fireplace and placed it on the mantle. “I'll have to find a nail and hammer tomorrow. I'm afraid I'm not much of a builder.” She chuckled. In all her life she had avoided the building of anything. She just couldn't put two pieces of wood together properly. As she started back toward him she motioned to the couches, “Wont you please come sit by the fire. You must still be cold. Would you like a drink?” She rambled on without a thought. She could not express how glad she was to see him. Hobbling back towards him she stumbled on a loose nail. Dropping her cane she found herself falling straight towards the cute male.
[/html]
[html]

OOC:

The nervousness melted away as the red and brown hued female received his gift with what he guessed to be great pleasure. Her words mirrored his thoughts and he grinned himself, pleased at the prospect of giving her something she actually liked. I wanted ta make ya somethin’ is all. He nodded as she went on about finding nails and hammers. He would help her hang it perhaps, if he was still around her tomorrow. His eyes moved to the couches; ready to place himself as she requested, about to accept the offer of a drink when he found himself catching the girl. Holding her up, he smiled down at her, once again realizing how much he enjoyed the feel of her body within his arms. Setting her up straight and letting his hands linger on her shoulders a little longer than necessary he smiled sheepishly. How ‘bout you jus’ grab that bottle an’ we both sit?

The scratching interrupted them before Asha could answer. Leland’s ears perked and he turned his head to the door, at first not recognizing the sound. When a small, pitiful mew followed the pawing Leland sighed audibly, turning to Asha apologetically. Errm… that is mah.... Leland moved to the door, opened it and allowed the petite kitten to stroll in, silent on her velvet paws. One blue eye and one green eyes moved about the room, letting out a chirping meow as if giving her approval before hopping up easily on the couches uninvited. My spirit guide. Pixie. The kitten yawned in reply, turning to Asha and Leland scratched his head and looked away, wondering just what Asha would think. His tiny creature that fit his out stretched palm compared to her regal hawk and monstrous horse. Fate had dealt him the most adorable spirit guide the tribe had seen yet.

[/html]
[html]

She landed in his arms once more blushing a deep crimson under her coat. She felt his body against hers for that brief moment and wished he had held her for a little bit longer. Ash he mentioned both sitting down she nodded, leaned down to pick up her crutch and started towards the bottles of alcohol. She stopped and looked at the door as she heard scratching. Her red toned head tilted in confusion as the scratching turned to meows. “Is there a..cat outside my door?” She questioned Leland. As the hybrid opened the door she watched in shock as a small kitten walked into the cabin with a perked up tail and head. Jaya shuffled on his perch in the corner, wings opening slightly on edge 'What the hell?! ' “What the hell..” Their voices rang together in Asha's head, only her words where aloud and whispered. 'What did that curly tailed butt headed idiot open the door for!?' His voice rang in her head loud and angry. Asha's brown eyes mimicked Jaya's as the tiny kitten leaped onto her couch. She held in a growl and she took in that this was Leland's Spirit Guide. “Okay then...Nice to meet you Pixie.” She forced a smile as she placed two glasses and bottles of whiskey onto the glass table. Sitting down on the couch furthest from the feline Jaya swooped down onto the wolfess shoulder glaring at the kitten. Asha raised her view to Leland and motioned for him to take the seat beside her.
[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Leland’s stomach lurch as he noted the reactions of Asha and Jaya. Pixie however seemed oblivious to the disdain for her entrance as she curled up cozily and let her eyes slip shut, unconcerned of the impress she had made. Forcing himself between Asha and Pixie, the small kitten looked up with disinterest at the proceedings, going easily back into her nap. After all, Pixie was his guardian, she knew better than the others that her place was beside the clumsy brute, to keep him from doing anything foolish, which he often did anyway. Deciding the best course of action was to ignore the kitten, Leland simply picked up the glass and took a drink.

The whiskey was strong and burnt his tongue; it had been a long time since alcohol had slipped down his throat. He could remember drinking with his brothers, and with Rue, their antics getting sillier as the night wore on, but since leaving home he had not indulged in the liquid. Had not had a chance, for it was rare to find the stuff still sealed from the human’s supply, and rarer still that a canine knew how to brew and ferment the ingredients correctly. Where’d ya get this stuff? He spoke conversationally, hoping that Pixie would be content forgotten in the background.

[/html]
[html]

Two sets of brown eyes watched as the kitten named Pixie relaxed into a nap. The wolfess rolled her eyes as she started to relax. Naturally he had to end up with a cat! Jaya's feathers returned to their places as he became less anxious along side the red wolf. Quickly, as Leland sat down she grabbed her drink and gulped it down as fast as she could in desperation. The drink stung at her throat helping her to forget the tiny kitten who was now napping happily on her couch. She looked form the large mix to the small fur ball in the corner. How ironic was it that someone so large would end up with a puny pitiful animal while Asha, who was about the size of a coyote, took after her fathers paw prints with a bird of prey. With the males question Asha snapped back to the current conversation, “Oh..erm...I dunno I just picked it up on our travels from the old lands. We crossed a few cities and I couldn't help but to check out some places with the others. Together we just loaded up some wagons with horses and filled them up with things we wanted and I figured having a good amount of drinks around would help me settle in a little better.” As she spoke her brown eyes wandered back over to Pixie, “So..that must have been some surprise...” She muttered half laughing to herself.
[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Leland watched as the drink disappeared down Asha throat and he readily followed suit, emptying his own glass like a pro. Happily enough he picked up the bottle, refilling both their glasses. In the back of his mind he assured himself that no way would Asha drink him under the table, he was not new to the stuff and he out weighed the tiny red wolf by far. Handing her glass back to her, he grinned, so they had looted cities along their way. It made sense, and perhaps if they ran out of the stuff they could go searching in Halifax, or even try to barter for some in Dahlia de Mai, who had a life’s supply thanks to their many vineyards. Not that Leland needed alcohol to have fun, but it was always nice to have around.

Large ears flicked back at the mention of Pixie, whom was half snoring and half purring at this point, uncaring of the words being spoken of her. Errm... yeah... I was surprised. After he had thought about it, it had made sense. Leland was directly descended from domesticated animals, why should his spirit guide not be one? He could only be glad that his spirit guide was not a sheep or one of the dumber of the human’s creations. I... ah, I at first thought she was jus’ some stray in Halifax but... ya know, there aren’t many strays anymore... and she knew me... so I guess it’s meant to be. He grinned at her, his last words lingering. Perhaps there were other parts of his life that were just meant to be. One could only hope.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 300+

Asha simply nodded at the male spoke. She poured him and herself another glass of the liqor and shot it down her throat once more. She listened intently, spirit guide conversations were always so personal. “Well, your spirit guide is your other half Leland, you best become friends with her now rather then fight her for the next ten years.” She chuckled. The more she drank the more relaxed she began to feel, almost sleepy. Her red, tiny figure shifted on the couch trying to get more comfortable and eventually found herself leaning her back against the front of the mixed males left shoulder with a yawn. His fur was surprisingly warm. If asked she probably wouldn't object to enjoying her position, entirely.

She shrugged as he mentioned how Pixie was meant to be, “I remember when I found Jaya. I had climbed this mountain, back in the old lands, and finally after a week out on my own there he was, just sitting on this branch of the singular tree at the very top. We just sat there staring out at the other mountains and talking.” She glanced over the the hawk with a silly smile, “I guess our guide represents who we are you know. My family has a line of guides that reflect personality. Sometimes Jaya's just a bit to outspoken for me, makes me think about my own approach to others.” Getting up she used a hand to stabilize herself and as she started towards the liquor cabinet she stumbled on the rug and found herself falling back onto the couch, landing on Leland's lap with her hands grabbing his broad shoulders for dear life. Under her short fur she began to blush but the few drinks had begun to take their toll and she was feeling a little bolder, “Well what do you know. You saved me this time” She giggled.
[/html]
[html]

OOC:

He let his eyes slip shut as Asha spoke, he was simply just enjoying the sound of her voice. It was easy to forget about Pixie and Jaya like this, she was warm against him and he liked it that way. Opening his eyes he smiled down at her, nodding. He had heard a similar speech from Dawali, it seemed that truly they believed in the significance of spirit guides. Hopefully, sooner or later, Leland would learn the significance of Pixie. Right now he couldn’t see anything too special about the calico kitten snoozing. He reached for his glass and sipped at it, aware Asha was drinking faster than him, but he didn’t want to be too vulnerable to stupid things alcohol sometimes made him do.

The female red wolf raised herself up, trying to stand and walk and failing. Leland was pleased at her futile attempt as she ended back up in his lap and he let her stay there before gently moving her beside him again, liking the way her body felt so close to his own. Hey now, let me get it. He returned quickly with another bottle, pausing to look at her for a moment before handing it to her. His voice was serious, soft, warm. Sure, he had saved her this time, but he had wanted to the last time too. Ya know I never wanted ta hurt ya Asha. I apologized before but I will again. I never want to hurt you. Ever. He meant it too, more than anything at this moment.

[/html]
[html]

WC: +300

The red wolf's tiny body warmed so easily against Leland's thick fur. Her eyes fought the need to sleep while her brain fought the need for another drink with spinning with confusion. Maybe she shouldn't be drinking so much with a guest over. Her father would not approve of her informal behavior. Then again, she and her father were never more different. She simply basked in the warmth radiating from this male. She had only known him for a little while, well, at least she'd only seen him a few times. The fact that she all but cared about this big hybrid. As he shifted her back onto the couch she held in a whimper, he was leaving her.

Her big brown eyes watched him get up and offer to get the drinks himself. How rude of her not to get it herself! As soon as he started walking she tried to get up again and much to her dismay found herself falling back to the comfort of the couch. As soon as he returned and handed her the bottle she looked at it disgust. Putting it down on the table she uttered, “Maybe I better not.” Her head tilted slightly, why was he staring at her? Raising a brow she voiced her opinion, “Staring isn't really the most polite thing to do as a guest.” She teased with a shining smile. As Leland continued to stare she shifted awkwardly as his words formed, pulling at her heart. He couldn't be doing what she thought he was..could he? Perhaps she was just jumping to conclusions, “It's alright Leland, it's almost healed now.” She insisted, Jaya starting to tense from his perch. “If it'll make you feel better I'll tackle you the next time, I'm stronger then I look.” She joked with a forced laugh attempting to change things back to the light atmosphere.

[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Leland smiled at her teasing, but he continued to gaze at her. Couldn’t pull her eyes away, even if staring was rude. He couldn’t help it, maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was just him, or maybe it was a little of both. The markings he once thought so strange seemed only beautiful to him now. Everything about her was beautiful and maybe he hadn’t realized that fully before, he had thought her pretty, attractive but beautiful? He knew it to be true now. And she dodged around his words, joking that she would tackle him next. Yet that was not what he meant, and he believed Asha knew it. It wasn’t all about her ankle, it was about her. He didn’t want to hurt her.

I know ya’re strong Asha, I know. Leland nodded, he knew the female could hold her own and more if she had to. There was a lot Leland was coming to admire about Asha, and that was only one item on the list. Grabbing up her hand, not even thinking if the lady minded or not, he sighed heavily, almost dreamily. He had to say it, he had to otherwise he would be disappointed in himself for a long time after. Maybe it was the whiskey, but he had the courage to do it now, even if now wasn’t the best time. Asha… I love ya.

[/html]