thread title missing
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
All Welcome Smile
I am so sorry for being away for so long, there have been exams and stress and internet issues galore... and snow, much too much snow, which killed our power for a bit, (boo and hiss). But I am back, it's good to be back, I missed you guys lots! SmileSmile

pushitinThe night was cold despite the blanket of clouds which covered the inky sky. There were small breaks in the thick grey clouds, revealing small flickers of stars and of the pale moon, shining weakly over the chilled lands. A soft breeze flickered across the lands, rolling over the hills and buffeting at the bare branches of the trees, stripped of their leaves by Winter. The wind was wet with a spot smattering of rain, but it was ignored by the ebony fae who sat out in the lands, her head bowed slightly as she stoked the fire before her once more.

pushitinSoran sighed, letting the metal poker in her hand fall to the soft floor, she gently brushed a long strand of her curled mane from her face and looked up at the sky, her eyes fixing upon a single star, barely a pinprick of light hanging in the velvet darkness. And despite all that had happened recently, despite all of the nightmares, despite finding her eldest son lost and broken in the city, despite him asking her to kill him, despite her heart breaking a little more every time she thought about how far from grace he had fallen, she found herself smiling. In the quiet of the late night the tattooed fae found herself happy to be alive, she was a mother, admittedly a mother to a broken wolf and two missing ones, and a grandmother, she had so many things to be thankful for, she could not bring herself to brood over her hurts tonight.

pushitin With a heart that felt lighter than it had in weeks, the fae reached down for the poker once again, stoking the bonfire before her, smiling as the blaze once again roared into life, warming her fur. A dark hand reached into the canvas satchel that sat by her feet, pulling out her much-neglected flute. The obsidian grandmother raised it to her lips carefully and began to play, a haunting melody, but a hopeful one. And so the fae sat, playing her flute, her eyes closed in concentration.
[/html]
ooc: this needs to be dated to sometime in the future... moose is currently (in real time) meeting several others in the caves nearby... okay?

+300

Moose had decided it was time to leave the caves. He had met several of the others in the caves, and considering he wasn't dead from the social shock, he thought it was time to check out the manner. Of course, he chose to appear at the dead of night.... to check it all out before hand, or course.

Why are you being such a pansy? You've met wolves before.... and these wolves are nothing different... well, except some of them can be very, very large... and some are werewolves... but you lived through that shock, and you can continue to move forward. Indeed, the werewolf thing had been a shock, but he had caught on quickly. His large, stocky form allowed him to blend in with them on most occasions, unless they decided to stand erect, then he was lost. But even in their seculi form, he stood with the smaller of their kind.

The smaller, ha! He hadn't been one of the smallest in anything in quite some time. That part would take some getting used to. The aroma of wood smoke began to reach his nares along with the ever increasing smell of his pack's house. As he broke cover, he saw a black shadow and a black silloutte standing in front of a large bonfire. Moose paused, silently watching for a time before making himself known. Soon she began playing a flute, the music soothing the ache in his mind and in his heart.

It was to this music he entered the ring of light thrown by the fire against the surrounding area. Once the music ended, Moose spoke. "'tis migh'y beautiful." He smiled and wagged his tail pleasantly. "Ah'm Moose... Ah've jist joined a wee bi' back. 'ow'd ye lear' ta play sa wheel?"
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
SmileSmile

pushitinSoran had thrown herself into the song, her fingers gently pressing against each of the holes of the instrument and moving onto another rapidly as she played. She closed her jade eyes as she played, ignoring everything but the music flowing from her flute, ignoring all of the problems she had had over the time, focusing on the happier parts of her life, her almost-daughter Naniko, and her grandchildren, knowing her eldest boy was still alive, she used these happy thoughts to fuel the hopeful music, quashing the much sadder tune that she could have played. Finally she flicked her eyes open again, staring deep into the fire as she played, watching the way the flames danced around one another playfully, almost as if they were enjoying listening to her song as much as she was playing it. The obsidian grandmother had not played her flute for a long time, so she was pleased to find that she had not lost the ability.

pushitinSoon enough the melody drew to a close, the ebony lady could find no more to play, and her fingers ached, the lack of practice making it difficult to keep playing for a long time. She bent to put her beloved instrument back into her heavy canvas bag, and as she did so someone spoke. Soran jumped slightly, her ears swivelling to find the source of the sound, her eyes following quickly. She soon saw him standing there, a large male wolf, for a moment she wondered if she should be questioning him being on the lands, after all it was her job as Sergeant to make sure that all unrecognised wolves were welcomed, or aked polietly to go on their way if they seemed to be making trouble. But the male wolf spoke again and that soon put an end to her thoughts, so he was a member of her pack? Wonderful, she was glad to see her almost-daughter's pack thriving with newcomers, and this male seemed friendly enough, it was alway nice to meet new wolves.
pushitinThe lady straightened up again, the flute hanging in her hand, forgotten for the moment. A smile touched her dark lips.
"Why thank you, I'm glad that you enjoyed my song.” The lady spoke as she moved around the fire, padding closer towards the unshifted male, stopping a little way off from him.
"Moose is it? Well it's nice to meet you Moose, I'm Soran. How are you finding Crimson Dreams?" Soran asked, smiling brightly, curious to know how he was feeling about the pack, she hoped he liked it, the ebony fae hoped, for her almost-daughter's sake that her leadership was keeping the pack happy.
[/html]
ooc: sorry short!

As she moved, he moved in closer as well. The warmth of the fire through his dense coat was still comforting. It felt good to be able to dry off and warm up after a night of wandering through the melting snow and occasionaly showers of cold rain to make it to the mansion.

"Ah'm 'njoyin' et qui' niceleh Soar'n. Ah've na' met a nicer boonch o' wol'es en qui' a bi'." And it was the truth. Of course, the main reason the other wolves weren't nice was typically because he was either asking for trouble, or he was already dishing it out.

His time wandering hadn't been full of nice.

Even with the luperci component, he had noticed that all the packmembers--anthromorphic or otherwise functioned well as a team. There had only been a few instances so far where Moose had felt out of the loop or unincluded, and that was as much due to his own reservations as to being a newcomer. No one here had gone out of their way to make him any emotion other than happily accepted.
[html]
Heya, sorry for the wait on this Smile And I wouldn't say that that post was too short at all, was a nice read Smile I think mine is a little short, sorry.

pushitinThe ebony lady sat down not too far away from Moose, folding her lithe limbs around one another and sitting cross legged before the fire. She rested the flute across her lap, smiling slightly at the way the bright silver contrasted heavily against her obsidian fur in the firelight. She shuffled slightly so that she was facing the grey male more, enjoying the warm stripe of heat the fire was throwing across her side, warming her thick winter pelt nicely. She smiled at the Moose, as he came closer to the fire as well, clearly it had been a good idea, building a fire on this chilly night, it was something she had not seen often in these lands, her old home had often been filled with bonfires, and rowdy merry singing from those who sat around them. She supposed that after the huge fire that had consumed the old lands, turning them from the thriving landscape into piles of charred ash, that more wolves were reluctant to start a fire in their new home. But the ebony lady knew that she could control this fire, it would be easily doused should anything go wrong, it wouldn't be an issue, there was no risk of losing yet another home to an inferno. And where was the point in being cold when a way of getting warm was so easily available?

pushitinSoran's worries about Naniko's leadership (not that she had had any, she had a great deal of faith in her almost-daughter, she was just unsure that other's would) washed away as Moose spoke. She was glad to see that the newcomers were happy in these lands, it was her home and she wanted everyone else to feel that they were at home as well. The ebony lady knew what a welcoming bunch of wolves the Crimson Dreams wolves were, when she had arrived back here, despite her regular dissapearences, despite her abandoning of her family, despite all that Conri had done in the time she had been away, they had still been happy to see her, they had still welcomed her back into the pack with open arms. They still accepted her, and it made her glad to see that they made everyone feel as welcome. Clearly her almost-daughter had a knack for finding good wolves to fill her pack, all that the ebony fae had met had seemed friendly and approachable, including Moose.
"Yes, they're a good bunch of wolves, very friendly I have noticed. I'm glad that they're making you feel welcome, though that is not out of character for this lot, they're usually more than happy to involve the newcomers as much as possible. Who have you met so far then? ” Soran asked, absent-mindedly playing with her flute as she spoke to the grey male.
[/html]
The warmth from the fire felt wonderful. He found himself staring into its depths, almost forgetting where and when he was. Moose had seen fire before, both the good and the bad, but due to his lupine confines, didn't exactly have the means to make it on his own. This would definately be an advantage to living with the luperci.

Soran had spoken and it took the large gray male a moment to realize she had asked him a question. Shaking his head to clear the sight of the fire from his mind, he thought, struggling for names. Ah've met... Geneva und Savina... theh met meh a' tha borders. Und Ah've met Ehnoh, Jazz, and Kansas... und Anu. Ah thin' tha's all o' 'em. 'Tis qui' a few o' us, aye? His own pack had been a fairly large pack, but they had a much large territory--not that the wolves of Crimson Dreams had a small one--food was just a little more scarce and so all wolves needed more room to roam where he was from.

He watched her toying with her flute. Was it impatience or simply idle hands? He felt it was the other. Fiddling and toying with objects... another thing he would never be able to do due to his lack of giftedness. It was an odd thing going from being the top of the ladder to almost the bottom. Moose had always been the biggest and one of the best; hell, he had been the alpha of his whole clan. He had the best mate (many wolves had fought for Sirce both before and after she chose him) and the best life.

And in just a few short weeks, everything had changed. His brother Merzekial had come back from his exile and began harrassing the pack. It was risk all their lives by staying, risk Sirce's safety by choosing to fight, or saving them all by leaving. He had chosen to leave, and was blessed by the fact Sirce loved him enough to abandon the pack and come with him. Not only could he not protect his pack, he couldn't even protect their unborn pups or Sirce. Moose had lost them all. He felt wetness on his cheek and realized he had drifted off while staring into the fire again, only to allow some of the pain to leak from him.

Turning his face so his tears were obscured in the shadow of his face, he tried to continue the conversation, not wanting to ruin the flow of things. Things were just beginning to get good again--he couldn't stand to lose that as well. Sa.... 'ow 'es et yeh wolves kin... change?
[html]
Eek! Really rambly... sorry XD

pushitinIt took Moose a few moments to answer, he seemed to be captivated by the fire, the ebony lady could not blame him for that, she remembered when she had first happened upon a fire herself, she had been fascinated by it, she had watched it for hours, there was something tantalising about flames, something that seemed to draw wolves in, perhaps it was the light they threw across objects and wolves, perhaps it was the heat they gave off, or perhaps it was the way the flames danced with one another whirling around together, the dark sergeant did not know, all she knew was that fire was still a fascination for many wolves. And then he listed names, Soran was fairly shocked to see that she did not know of some of the ones that were listed, she had yet to meet them, that was a shame, to know that she had not yet met all of them, it was a shame, but she did indeed know many of the names that were used.
"Savina is a good wolf, she's very nice, I have only met her briefly, but she does seem like a good leader. And Anu, I couldn't think of a better mate for Naniko, though you've not met Naniko yet have you?” Soran said, her mind filling with fond memories of Savina, despite the fact that she had a vendetta against her son, she was a reasonable wolf, and although she seemed troubled she seemed like a nice fae. And Anu, although the dark fae had only met her almost-daughter's chosen mate once, she had seemed plesant as well, she seemed to be raising her grandchildren well enough as well, Soran was glad that Naniko had chosen to share her heart with a good wolf.
"Yes, there are a lot of us, there are even plenty that you haven't met, like my granchildren, the pups, they seem to be shaping up to be good members of the pack. I am glad to see that the pack is flourishing if I am honest, it seems to be filled with good-hearted wolves." Soran added, her hands fiddling idily with the flute again as she spoke, just fidgeting.
pushitinThe grey male seemed troubled for a moment, it was funny, the ebony wolfess saw then that she was not the only wolf in the pack who had troubles and things that haunted her, though that was to be expected, each wolf had their own story to tell, she supposed some would be more pain filled than others. But he turned his head away, obscuring some of his face in the shadow of the fire and the dark lady chose not to ask him about it at the moment, after all it was his story to tell and he should be allowed to choose when and to whom he told it, she would not force him to talk about something he did not wish to. That was her way, she knew about pain and how hard it was to tell stories of her own past, stories about her murderous father condemning her and all who knew her when she was but a child, simply because of the colour of her fur, she did not want to talk about the evil father of her pups, nor about where they were now, all missing, all so broken. And so the dark fae chose not to speak of it, and when Moose spoke again she was pleased that he had been able to change the subject so easily.
pushitinSo the grey male was not a shifter? That was unusual in these lands, the dark fae had not met many other wolves who were unable to change into a bipedal form. Then again when she had first come to the lands she had not known of them earlier, she must have been one, it had been explained to her a long time ago by Skoll, it had been his ancestor that had attacked her clan before she had been born, the fierce night-pelted male had been the wolf that had sparked all the hatred of ebony wolves in her pack, hence why she herself had been hated when she had been born. But Skoll had explained that VoidFane had only attacked clans of shifters, she had been totally unaware that she was one when she was younger, it was not until her fight with Laruku, when their blood had mixed, his shifter blood with what she had assumed was her normal wolf blood, that her long-dormant ability had surfaced. As she mused over how to explain it she reached up and touched the beaded necklace at her throat, the cold piece of flint that had rested there had been the trigger to her own shifting, the pain from falling upon it and impaling her hand had been the thing that had forced her to shift, and now she couldn't be without the ability.
"It's something to do with our blood, the shifting, some of us are born with the ability, it's passed on from the parents. Other than that it can be passed through an exchange of blood, say through a fight, or during mating. I am not sure why we have this ability either, though I am not sorry that I have it, it comes in handy quite often. Can you not shift then?" The dark fae asked, now more curious about the grey wolf, it was rare that she met someone who was unable to shift.
[/html]
ooc: Sorry. I've had.... personal issues to say the least.

Once he had voiced his question, Moose saw surprise light the fey's face. Apparently he had asked a stupid question. However, as far as he was concerned, it wasn't stupid to him. She spoke of blood lines as if it were a common occurence. Moose had, of course, noticed it was a rather common thing here.

Things were so different here in this land of anthromorphed wolves. He was more accustomed to wolves on all fours with two legged wolves being nothing more than legend. These same stories had been passed on from generation to generation in his homeland, tales speaking of wolves of superior size and strength, but in all his travels, this was his first experience with it.

Nay, Ah kinnae change. Ah've ne'er met a shif'er... until Ah came 'ere. 'Twas naught boot legends in mah ol' lands.

The wild was slightly uncomfortable, not used to being so unsimilar to those around him. Moose allowed his thoughts to wander. What if he one day gained this ability? He felt old, but this new experience made him feel like a yearling before his first hunt.