can’t find the way cause the way is gone
Character Name: Elain Tiwlip
Character Birthdate (including year): October 31, 2007
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Species: Canis lupus verto
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). PM
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: saw the link and here I am

Details: Elain is a tawny color Luperci of small-medium stature.
Lupus: 24" at shoulder, 77 lbs. Has traditional wolf markings along the entire body. Her pelt is a mixture of greys with lots of tawny coloration. She has hazel eyes. Her musculature isn't spectacular, but she is built along the average of her range.
Seculi: 28" at shoulder, 130 lbs . The mane is a more sandy blonde coloration. Her build and musculature increases.
Optime: 5'6"; 133 lbs. She hasn't been a Luperci for long, but tends to keep the long mane pulled away from her face in either a braid or with a tie of some sort.

History: Elain was living her life fairly normally, if not boringly along with her pack to the south of 'Souls' territory. It was one of those idealic beautiful days just before spring that she was picking daisies and other early wildflowers that grow in a clearing to the east of her pack's main lands when she happened upon easily the most exciting, if not horrible and frightening thing of her life-- she was raped. Elain had just completed her 14th season two weeks prior, and being a normal wolf, thought nothing of it other than to begin evaluating the prospective males in her pack more closely, for one day they might be her mate.

She did not see her attacker, but he was a Luperci; which her own pack shunned. After her rape, she began transforming into her other two forms. Elain did her best to keep this a secret from her family, but one of the elders in the pack saw her shift and banished her from her pack. It was at this time she struck out on her own in search of a more accepting environment.

Initial post: Her nose keener in her seculi form, Elain wandered down a collection of dusty roads. She was on the trail of other Luperci. Peaceful ones. Not like that one. Not like the one that changed her and caused her to lose everything--her friends, her family, and her future. Despite her loses, she didn't totally regret the change. It was definately much easier to survive alone when she could change into a more powerful beast. And for her small frame, the power was a head rush that she had grown to enjoy.

There were, or course, the bad days. The days when she couldn't totally control it. The days when it rained all day and her thicker coat weighed her down more. The days when she was alone. Like today.

However, when she made the last turn at a fork in the road (a left, not a right... the right reeked of dead fish and her sensitive nose wanted no part in the rotting flesh) she had picked up the scent of several wolves. The scent was similar among all the different odors, reminiscent of a pack. Hopefully, this pack would be accepting.

Elain Tiwlip kept walking, hoping for a better day.
[html]
Hi there! ^_^

He was up and at 'em that day, wasting no time to get the day's events started. There was quite a bit to do, considering there were a couple new faces now calling their packlands home. It seemed Phoenix Valley was becoming popular again, immediately after its shrinkage and trauma. It worked out in his head somehow, and he was happy to have DaVinci assisting him as his subleader, though the silver-furred rogue was hard to come across at times. He was not surprised, then, when he came across another stranger at their borders, looking somewhat lost and confused. Lonely, perhaps. He knew that feeling.

Jefferson, the one-eyed, one-armed brute quite a bit taller than she and much more intimidating, stepped up rather comfortably and looked down upon her. "You look a little lost," he said quietly. "Who're you?"

[/html]
ooc: hiya!

Tawny ears turned at the sound of padding paws. Should I stay or should I go? Elain would stay. Her sides trembled at the scent of a male; she still hadn't gotten over her aversion. However, she managed to quell the tremors in her muscles as he neared--his scent wasn't that scent. That scent had been one of anger and lust... of blood and change. This scent was much more pleasant. It smelt of family and belonging. She liked it.

Elain turned to see the approaching male. Oddly enough, he only had one arm and one eye. Poor thing, he's seen his share. She averted her eyes, anxious not to offend him by staring or by meeting his gaze. Not until he said otherwise. That mistake she had made only once when meeting another wolf, and she was quickly put in her place on that occasion in her travels.

"I'm Elain... Elain Tiwlip, her voice was soft, nerves apparent even through she tried to disguise them. "I... I am a little lost..."
[html]
Your posts are about a good enough length, but I'm just gonna put a friendly reminder that people typically like posts around 200 words. It's hard sometimes, especially with a joining thread, but I'm just letting you know. You're doing fine thus far. :3

Jefferson was hardly surprised when she grew very obviously more nervous at his arrival. The reasons of that were variable; she was a stranger in a strange land, after all. She didn't know the traditions that laid there, nor where the danger lurked or who could yet be trusted. There were a number of strange faces and personalities lurking the many territories he'd limped his way through over time--Haku, Deuce, even Laruku, who was now dead--but plenty to be trusted as well. At first glance, he wasn't one of them. The monstrosity that was Phoenix Valley's Patriarch on the outside, considering his scars and handicaps, luckily ran thin when it came to his personality. Yes, he was an ass sometimes, but at least he wouldn't kill at random anymore.

Jefferson watched her cautiously, somewhat concerned for her odd shakiness. He was growing used to characters being so uptight about his appearance, but her worries seemed to lurk beyond that. "Relax," he said gently, attempting a slight smile. "This is Phoenix Valley... claimed packlands. I'm Jefferson. I tell people what to do." Was that sarcasm, or a joke? Well, it was true either way. An unofficial title, perhaps. "Are you looking for something?"

[/html]
ooc: thanks! no problem... especially after the joinings... I understand Smile

ic:

"Yes."
A plain enough answer, but not a good answer. Truth be told, she wasn't sure how to phrase her answer. Did he want her to come right out and say: Yes I'm looking for a home. Can I stay with you? Elain knew it couldn't be that simple. Perhaps it was a trick? No, despite his exterior, he gave off the feel of someone not prone to tricking strangers.

"I'm in search of a new place to call home. My own pack disowned me because of this." Her nerves still rather high combined with the fact she was still relatively knew to the whole luperci thing allowed her an easy access to the energy she felt just below her lupine start. Her body began changing, elongating and growing until she had transformed into her full Optime form.

All together, she wasn't even that impressive in this form. Her mane lightened beyond tawny into a sandy blonde and grew thicker. She normally wore it plaited or pulled away from her face, but it wasn't fixed at the moment. She carried herself more leaned on her toes, not liking walking completely erect... it was too odd. She was too far from the ground like that. Wolves weren't meant to be like this. Elain felt a fresh wave of shame and embarrassment wash over her and she strove to keep it reigned in. Now was not the time for apologies. Now was the time she needed a home. Some where she belonged.

"My family and my pack are deeply superstitious, so when I was... changed," raped she thought, but dared not vocalize it. There was no sense in a sob story upon first impressions. "...they disowned me and cast me aside."
[html]
--

So she was thrown out of her pack and abandoned. Made sense to him; he would have asked for an explanation, of course, had she not jumped the gun and gone ahead and showed him. She shifted to the same form as he, two legged and no longer the feral-like burden they were supposed to be. No alarm crossed his face (other than mild surprise that she'd just shifted right in front of him, out of the blue), but his green eye affixed on her a little more gently, sympathizing with that kind of pain. He'd been shunned for his handicaps and such before. He'd never been thrown out of a comfort zone like a pack, though. There was absolutely nothing wrong with her, in his eye(s).

Jefferson recognized something deeper within the surface, especially when she admitted her parents' superstition. He recognized that look in her eyes--something tragic had happened, he could easily assume what--but his reasonings and musing were left unsaid. Elain could admit what she wanted when she needed to, and there was no rush until then. "I understand," he smiled gently, nodding his head. "It's not a curse. Nothing like that. Probably a good thing you ended up here... we're all alike. Use that to your advantage." Don't lose a leg and have to shift out of your four-footed form in order to walk straight, was what he meant internally. Oh well. "There's room for you here. But what can you offer us?"

[/html]
"I understand...we're all alike." No more comforting words could have been spoken to her at that moment. Her drooping tail twitched slightly, unsure if she should wag it at the possibilities. There had been many possibilities before, and with all of them as soon as she had gotten her hopes up, they were crushed under some cruel or sadistic joke.

Again, she didn't believe that was the case here. Jefferson seemed too kind and endearing for tricks of that nature. Not to mention, he gave off an air of authority. Elain knew not if he was of authority, but is seemed engrained in him.

What can I offer? Did he want a trade? A bargain? She had no worldly goods to speak of, as was apparent by her lack of pockets and bags; she wasn't even adorned with jewelry or clothing as she had seen some luperci. Perhaps he meant talents? "If it is talents and trades you mean, I have no trade. While with my pack, I shadowed my mother as she helped care for the pups and my aunt with the healing. I can't say I am adept at healing, but I do seem to have a way with the young pups."

Would being a glorified pupsitter and half-way decent healer help her? He had said there was room, now she just needed luck to be on her side. The tawny lycan threw a quick glance of her eyes to the sky, pleading with a higher power in her thoughts to help her through this interview of sorts. Please.... please...
[html]
Aaaand welcome to PV! <3

She was all right by him. A bit nervous, perhaps, but that could always be worked on. He'd seen big changes in character before--Iskata was a prime example--so who was to say it couldn't happen to this nervous girl? She was honest, kindhearted, misunderstood. Homeless. And she admitted to being good with pups--always a plus, especially because he'd rather have this one dealing with children that that idiot DaVinci. He smiled at her, shrugged his shoulders, and nodded his head. "Our pupsitter's an idiot," and also my subleader, he wanted to add. "But we did lose our healer recently. Anything you could offer is fine by me."

He turned on his heel, holding his hand out as if to present the packlands to her. "If you don't mind working up the ranks, you'll start as a Loas. That's the best I got for you right now, Elain." He grinned. "I think you'll do just fine here."

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.