if tomorrow never comes
DaVinci knew he should have been doing a better job at patrolling the lands and keeping his eyes open for the new packmembers but it seemed he was always a step behind Jefferson and was left feeling a little worthless. He really couldn't understand why the other even appointed him as his Savant, it was all rather stupid in his mind. He was nothing but a halfbreed fuck up who couldn't even keep his lovelife straightened out much less his family. He shook his head at the thought and went to his duties of marking the scent borders and keeping his eyes and ears open for the tell tale signs of other preditors that might be wandering too close to their lands.

He'd grown rather impressed by how his mother had seemed to blossom out of her stupid little coma but he was still pissed with the woman and his heart was tender at how she had been right in some ways. He didn't know what he was to do about his and Ryan's current status so he'd just stayed away. The child had to have been born by now and he was rather curious to see it or them.. he thought, there could have been more than one. He frowned at the thought a moment in the middle of refreshing the markers, his leg cocked at attention a moment too long as he shook his head and finally placed it back down.

The silver and blue hybrid might still be curious but he wasn't going to be the one to say I'm sorry, he had nothing to be sorry for. She had wrecked their already complicated lives.. and yet she'd still wanted him. The subleader just didn't know what the hell to believe anymore so he just sighed and shook his head, without realizing it his own line of sight had turned him toward the direction of Inferni, though miles away it was obviously still on his mind.
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... rsig-3.png); background-position: top left; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
The french women sat shifted and looking at nothing in particular. Her bicolored eye and blue one just shifting over the area around her, while her long blonde hair lay in the snow tied up loosely. Her Her knees were pulled up to her chest and her chin was on her knees. She didn't know what to do at the moment. The feeling of being useless was begining to settle in when she didn't do anything. Fred hummed as she pulled her long blonde hair over her strawberry shoulder brushing her hands through it mindlessly. She had remembered when her brother would do this to her hair and she would sing for him in return.

J'essaie de passer à travers ma vie, à ma manière, il vous
J'essaie d'en faire par le biais de ces mensonges, et c'est tout ce que je ne
Suffit de ne pas le nier,
Ne pas essayer de lutter contre cela, et de traiter avec elle
et ce n'est qu'une partie de celui-ci.

Whinnie continued to hum to her song when she looked up and saw the male marking. He was a mix breed she could see it. Her hands stop brushing through her long hair and she stood up, not tall at all with her small french stature. Walking gracfully she hugged the trees as she got closer, just watching the male from afar. Fred saw the way he stared into the other terreitory. Walking up behind the male she crossed her arms over her ample chest and smiled gentley. "You stray so close to 'ze' border monsieur." Her soft accented voice was directed to the male. "Bonjor, I am Whinifred." She said after her bangs hung uneven around her eyes.

[/html]
DaVinci had been so lost in his thoughts that the first wave of the song that hit him hadn't even registered except for a flicker of his ear to the tone. Finally when the soft voice did register to his mind he turned slowly and watched the strawberry blonde woman making her way through the trees. He frowned slightly when she spoke up in such a sassy all knowing tone before he turned around and spoke frankly. "It's my duty to stray to close to the borders.." He wondered exactly what she had meant by the comment but he decided not to persue it just yet, there was way too much on his mind to try and conquer everything set before him.

When she offered a name he nodded briskly as he answered atomaticly "DaVinci.." there was an awkward silence that seemed to hang between them before the male asked. "Is there anything you need?" What the hell was he suppose to say, she obviously was either a new member or a stranger who was wanting to become a member now. He had work to do and he needed to get about his way, with or without the tag-a-long.
[html]

OOC: if it's okay with you can we have this placed after the pack meeting? >3

Whinnie kept a static face, not finding the need to smile. she hadn't had much time to really get to know DaVinci and maybe it was time to. Sitting down she listened to his manner and nodded gently. He was a lot like Jefferson and his grumpy mood, which made Fred smirk slightly before responding. "Non, monsieur I just wished to know my pack mate." She said it with a slight grin. If anything Whinnie just wanted to understand the two men who ran this pack. She wanted to know what made them so grumpy all the time, and why so few resided in phoenix valley.

Bowing her head gently she remembered the death not so long ago and found this would be the chance to know about it. "I'm Sorry about the death, though who was the women who passed monsieur?" Curiosity was part of her, that and peicing together the story.

[/html]
ooc- that's fine

DaVinci glanced to the woman as she sat down and the small smile played across her features. She spoke of wanting to know her packmates and he couldn't fault her, though getting to know him wasn't exactly an easy thing to do. There were times even he surprised himself still in who he was and the things he did. He just shook his head slightly and glanced back towards the direction of Inferni as he answered frankly. "I'm the brooding bitter child born of rape who's mother didn't love him enough, or maybe too much." DaVinci was bitter about a lot of things and he spent too much time brooding over simple things that were out of his control. He just couldn't drop the matters and so the festered inside his soul.

He'd thought that that was enough for the woman but it seemed that the frech speaking lass was going to dig her nails deep into his wounds today. His stormy orbs flashed dangerously as she asked about Iskata. He growled softly and left his duties to move closer to the woman as he sighed. "She was the founder of this pack, the Matriarch before Jefferson took leadership.. and she was my mother." He didn't know exactly what she wanted to know and he wasn't even for certain that he was even ready to speak of Iskata in the sense of her death. In some way he felt like a child crying out and wanting mother to come make things better.. but the fog was closing in and the bitter truth was all that remained. She's gone.
[html]

Whinnie listened to the male as he moved to sit closer and answer her question. Her azure and ivory eyes didn't leave him as he spoke so harshly on his life. "Je Suis désolé Monsieur. Though maybe you were lucky if you could not tell." Her accent was thick as she spoke. Her small smile had faded and her soft but stern face was dorment as she went to thinking.

The creator of this pack had just passed. It was odd and Fred wished she could have met her before her death. She couldn't simpythize with him any. The strawberry blonde female had caused her own mothers death, and the death of her father and the rest of her tradorious pack. They had all deserved it, and she didn't regret it in the least. "I'm sure she was respectable."

[/html]
He couldn't help but grin at the woman as her cheery disposition seemed to drop suddenly at the words he spoke, instead of going on to comment on her own soft words he shrugged and brushed his muzzle against the side of a tree, leaving a scent marker there as he thought for a moment. "Perhaps the whole pack's lucky not to know the real me. I'm complicated." he said shortly. His life was complicated and it was a strange thing that Jefferson and he should work so well together, though their jests and conversation only hardly ever skimmed the surface on who DaVinci or Jefferson himself really was.. but the dabbles left each just enough to satisfy their curiousity for another time.

DaVinci had been thinking on his own life for a second when her second comment reached him and he turned those stormy eyes back to the girl before sighing. "Right. She was, though no one in this pack would understand anymore.. you're all too new to have know her. She deserved better." The words were thick in his maw as he said them. He knew damn well that she'd deserved better than what she'd been granted, the few who knew her, really knew her couldn't even begin to understand what had happened. Her life had somehow got back on track and in the blink of an eye it had been whisked away from them all.

He closed his eyes for a moment as he tried to push past the trainwreck in his mind. "Don't you have something better to be doing?" he said with a frown as he realized that Whinifred was still there. He really hated others to see him when he was splitting in two and breaking apart and annoyingly this kid here had found him doing just that.
[html]

Whinnie nodded to him, accepting his words. She didn't think he wasn't complicated, besides Jefferson he was one of the more complicated people she had met. "Monsieur I wish to give you company it is better than being alone with the ghosts to haunt us, non? Her faces staied stern and serious. She knew what it was like for ghosts to haunt her. The memories of love had been banished to the darkest corner of her mind. They had betrayed her so she had betrayed them, to save her own life.

"Monsieur might I say your mother must have held you dear to her if she kept you so close." Whinifred added as she watched him mark the wood. Her own mother had died when she was a child leaving her to be taken care of the new mate her father picked. Sighing slightly she shook her head. " No monsieur. I only have you to speak to no one else is here and to be honest monsieur Jefferson doesn't seem to be fond of moi." She snorted lightly. Lysander n'est pas bon pour elle she said mostly to herself.

[/html]
DaVinci couldn't help but snort in disbelieve at the words that the golden woman offered him. Company was one of the last things he needed and he wasn't even for certain just what type of company she was offering. The male gazed at her a moment before he spoke bluntly. "I've lived with ghosts since the day I was born, they don't bother me anymore." If she knew the truth of it, he was a ghost, he'd always been one. A perfect little replica of the male who'd tormented and raped his mother. The walking dead, the living terror. A soft sigh escaped his lips before he gave up on thinking of the ghost.

He took up the pace of his patrol once more, the woman would follow or she would be left behind, he had things to do and if she did wish to keep him company it would be on his own time. Her voice seemed to taunt him as she drew on what she didn't know. DaVinci couldn't help but stop in his tracks as he turned about and said darkly. "She did it for family, not for love. She tried to kill me once. Don't judge what you don't know.." He wished that she hadn't decided to become his companion today but he had little choice in it, as she seemed stubborn enough to follow him anywhere.

He'd taken to tracing his age old path once more, the mumbled accent following him as she spoke of others of the lands and how he seemed to be the only fool she'd been able to find today. His tagged and ringed ears flashed slightly as they ticked back and forth, showing that the male indeed was listening though he wished he didn't have to. "It's no surprise Jefferson didn't take to you.. Then again, sweet Jefferson doesn't take to many." he said with a bit of a chuckle.

The last soft words she spoke in another language didn't go under the radar as DaVinci spoke up. "I heard that.." he said in a rather frumpy tone as he stopped to brush against an old stone fence that was part of their bounderies. Turning to face the girl he raised a brow at her, wondering now just what sort of company she was trying to toss upon him, this whole time he'd been trying to do his best to ignore the woman that had turned into his colorful shadow.
[html]

Whinnie smiled at his words, breaking the stern cast of her face. He was right she didn't know who this women had been or her motives, but with each thing he told her she was starting to. With out bluntly asking about the women she was still getting a reveiw on who she was. Fred had never said she wasn't looking for imformation. Nodding she responded. "Oui monsieur I will not. Now I know." Her smile had faded and she watched him with calculating azure and ivory eyes. Peice by Peice she was putting this story together.

His words could have been found offensive, but Fred nodded her head as she followed him. Monsieur Jefferson hadn't proved the most cheerful or benevolant character she had ever met. Then again there seemed to be more there then just his sour additude. DaVinci seemed to be tiring of her company from the way he walked away from her and spoke. The strawberry french women had no intentions of leaving. She wanted to know somethings about her new pack and she was going to know them. As ambassador she wanted to learn about these people.

When he stopped finally at the border of the Valley he commented on her french and Fred made a face looking in the other direction. "I am sorry if I am bothering you Monsieur. I only thought you wouldn't mind company." She smirked slightly, whistfully. "If you wish for moi to leave I will." Fred paused again as she watched him eye to eye. "I want to understand this pack, and Monsieur Jefferson and me don't seem to be amicable together so I thought to hear it from you."

[/html]
DaVinci wouldn't be one to just tell the woman to leave, though she would learn in time he would walk away and disappear into the packlands without a word when he decided the conversation was to end. He was brooding and moody and it was easy to see. His heart was filled with a vast aray of emotions and the male was still unsure of how to cast the disorder back into a pattern that could be managed. Instead he just let the debri build up over the chaos, unsure when a spark from the fires would set his world afire. He didn't doubt that like the basis of the pack he would rise from the ashes, but it was the fall he was afraid of.

He just nodded as she answered on his mother, there were very few he actually wished to speak of the woman to and she was not one of them. Pausing a moment as he sighed and turned to look at the girl. "Don't get me wrong, but not everything in these lands is open to discussion.." a wise bit of information for the future if the lady was to go prying her nose in business here and there. She'd find there were many doors locked in Phoenix Valley and very few held the keys to open them. There were very few left indeed who held keys to the pack's past even at that.

His stormy eyes fell to glance at the ground a moment before he grumbled again and gave in. "If you're gonna come along then don't linger behind too far.." he said. He really didn't want to see like an aragant bastard making the woman follow behind him as he went about his duties, besides, she'd need to learn the lands anyways. She might as well walk along beside him like she belong to the pack. His eyes searched her's for a moment as he nodded. "Most of this pack is being reborn.. like the name. So many come here from broken pasts and just want to build a future. We might want to know the past but it dies when you become a packmate.. and you're given a chance to make this place something more.." He glanced off into the distance as he finished up. "Something more.. for yourself."
[html]

Whinnie smiled gently at the male. He had a way about him. Catching up to him she walked beside him looking at him every now and then, thinking over the males words. "Monsieur I only wish to understand my pack, and I don't wish to pry but if I must to understand then I will do so." Her voice was strong and sure. Fred wanted to be knowledgable of the past so to help her with the future. Her azure eyes traveled over the surrounding terrain.

His words inspired her making the french women nodd to him. "Only a fool would not see the chance set before him in this pack." Her young but strong face looked ahead of her as she spoke again. "I'm happy to call it home. I only hope that it will stay that way." She said gently as she looked at him.

[/html]
DaVinci glanced at the woman as she joined him in the patrol, glancing blows against shrubs and brush gave a new scent coating to the lands and with the newer packmate in tow would also show her connection to the pack and mingle in the scent. He grunted at her words as she tried to explain why she was nosing so much into the pack's past and his own. His hard stormy orbs stared at her a long moment as he walked around a circle of stones that they used as a marker as he replied. "Perhaps you should pester Pendzez then, he's been around long enough. Our past doesn't make us who we are. This pack is ever changing and will always change." He walked off from the bounderies and towards the red dirt road that was coming up.

Halfway through the circuit and yet she was still trailing along. He had to give her credit for that, his mood wasn't the brightest and the silly girl was still company. Stubborn as hell and nosy to boot, sadly it reminded him of someone he'd rather not think of but he just shook his head, clearing out the memories as well as the logic in it. He smirked and went on. "If you're stupid enough to think that you can stay closed off in the face of change you won't last long here. If something doesn't fit don't be surprised to see it thrown out the door." he glanced back at her before grinning devilishly. "Not meaning packmates of course.." Not yet atleast, he could bet there would be someone along the line that would play a hand and find out the hard way, there always seemed to be.. and he knew there already had been one in their past, though the male had long been gone before he'd arrived on scene.
[html]

Whinifred kept following him. She wanted to understand everything. Maybe she was pestering him and being stuborn, but the french women in her refused to let go of what she wanted to know. "Monsieur I want to understand Monsieur Jefferson better as well. It seems like I can ride hi nerves, not that it bothers me so, but I do want to know what you know about him." Fred had changed her direction in the conversation, not talking about the dead as much as the living.

His words though had caused a well hidden temper to flare as she jumped in front of him to get his full attention. Her beautiful blue and half green eyes were on him with a stuborn look. "Monsieur you insult on my intellagance isn't really welcomed. I understand change will happen, but I'd like not to face i blind like I've had to do before in my life." She huffed turning around and walking on. Fred was kinda irritated by his comment, but who did she not get irritated with?

[/html]
DaVinci stopped suddenly in his tracks and turned to face the woman, his own nerves starting to prick at the annoying pester that the woman was becoming. If she didn't understand that sometimes people didn't want the whole world to know their story she'd better learn soon. This pack wasn't a land of gossiping hens clucking about, he knew that there was a lot about his fellow packmates he didn't know and sometimes he thought that was the best way to keep it. "Maybe it's better you don't know everything about Jefferson." He turned around and moved on, grumbling under his breath. "Not everything is meant to be shared girl.."

And almost in a flash it seemed that he was jolted to a stop, except this time it was on her terms and because of the things he'd muttered. He narrowed his stormy orbs at the lower ranked woman as his heckles began to rise. "Lady, back off before I give you reason to bitch.." The normally mild tempered male was beginning to feel his fur being rubbed the wrong way and like most he didn't like it none to much.

Baring his fangs slightly he glared down at the woman who looked so much like his mother as he stated frankly. "Life's not fair.. just work with the hand life deals you and get over it.."
[html]

She finally knew when he had had enough. His nasty word cutting into her. Narrowing her pretty blue eyes she didn't back down even though she was considerbaly smaller. If he left she would be alone again, and at this point the french women had figured she didn't really care about the others, but she didn't want to be alone. Embarrassment flooded her. Had she been nagging and pestering him this whole time simply because she was lonely? Dejection whispered through her as her once tense body now loosened.

"I'm sorry Monsieur. I-." The french women looked away for a second before looking back. "I'm sorry I have bothered you. I'll remember that everything is not my busness." She said is with respect as she walked past him back towards where she had came. Stopping a few feet behind him she looked over her shoulder and responded to his last statement. "Life is fair, you just have to look past the bad to see it." She continued walking thinking of her own unfairity in life.

[/html]
DaVinci had enough on his plate as it was and dealing with a packmember that wanted to act like a tiny puppy trailing along playing twenty questions was not what he was ready for. His heart raced as his sharp eyes glared at the woman in annoyance. He could see that she'd finally caught the drift of everything as the expression changed across her face. He stood there silently staring at the woman and waiting for her to speak up. She must have realized how taxing it was to have someone giving you the one over trying to tap every bit of information from your skull. He wouldn't have minded if it was over different occasion but all at once was too much.

Finally the woman spoke, the words she said were such a guilt trip and DaVinci sighed, falling right into the whole thing. He was quiet as he listened to what she had to say. His ears dropping slightly as he finally spoke up. "You just don't need to try and absorb everything in one day.." he said before she turned away. He couldn't help it as another sigh escaped the male's lips as she played the pity party as she was making her exit. with the words she left him with he just shook his head and murmured as she walked away. "You can believe your little fantasies all you like miss.."