small wonders
DaVinci didn't know what to think about the sudden influx of members the pack had gathered though he supposed that it was a good thing. He figured in the dead of winter that the weak and the needy would show at their borders but he hadn't assumed that they would have been lining up begging as it seemed they were. Half the scents he'd caught recently had been foreign and strange. He tried to ignore the matter but it appeared that he was stumbling upon face after face all along the paths. The male had started down the trail towards the farmstead today to find Jefferson and see just how many of the strange scents actually belonged within the packlands and which ones he could go chasing across the fields.

He really didn't want to chase anyone out of the packlands but they didn't need the world to think that they couldn't even protect their borders and that anyone could just storm in uninvited and help themselves to whatever prey just happened to be out in the meadow or deep in their woods. He bared his fangs at the idea of another stealing from their lands and the male picked up his pace as he could see the smoke drifting lazily from the chimney. He smiled and moved into the yard quickly, his pace bringing him up onto the porch as he called out. "Jeffers?" the shortened form that Iskata had sometimes called the now leader, the form DaVinci liked to use to tease and annoy the larger scarred up male.
[html]
ooc

She had been staying with Jefferson for a little while now, and felt like she was fitting in. Back home she'd only ever known her mother and father. She didn't know what it was like to have a whole entire pack there to help her out if she needed it. So far, Jefferson had been taking really good care of her. He got her food and made sure that the bandages on her paws were changed so that they wouldn't start bleeding and hurting again.

She liked the bandages, because they protected her paws from the dirt and germs, but they also made her paws really slippery. When she heard the call from outside the multi-colored pup jumped down from her spot on the bed, heading for the door. She couldn't get it open. Her paws scrabbled on the hardwood as she tried to get some traction up, pulling on the door with her front paw. Ow! No, that was a bad thing to try. She couldn't get it open. The girl sat down, letting out a series of short whines at her failed attempts. Hellllppppp. Help opennnn..

[/html]
DaVinci knew that Jefferson was strange but when he entered the farmstead where the Patriarch had been staying he hadn't expected to find anyone else besides Jefferson there. The soft thump and tiny scurry from another room caught his attention as the hybrid male frowned to himself and quietly made his way towards the bedrooms that were past the library and den. He was rather curious as to what in the hell was running around the farm but it seemed that before he would get a chance to investigate the soft whine of another greeted his ears and was quickly replaced with words.

The male finally stood outside the bedroom door where the voice had drifted from and as he turned the knob he spoke up. "Jefferson.. don't be fucking with me.." he warned. The click of the mechanism echoed through the room as suddenly the door openned and right before DaVinci was the small form of a puppy. He frowned to himself and wished he could take back the words that he'd just spoken.. and wished also that Jefferson had warned him beforehand. What the hell was Jefferson doing with a child in the place he'd claimed as his own. "Hey kid.." DaVi said awkwardly as he stared down at the halfpint, aware of an ache for his own grown children and his little sister who now belonged to the clan.
[html]
ooc

"fuck who?" She asked, frowning into the closed door. Why wasn't it opening yet? She wasn't a very patient individual, and even just those few seconds felt like more to her. She scratched at it a little more until it came open. The creature who met her eyes confused her. It wasn't Jefferson out there, like she had suspected it might have been, but someone else instead. She had thought that the voice sounded different...

"Whatchoo doin' outside mah door?" Addison questioned, frowning. "Dis isn your home" How suspicous, to find someone just standing there like this. She hadn't thought that he might be here to see Jefferson; she hadn't seen anybody come to visit so far.

[/html]
DaVinci couldn't help but groan as he realized that the words that had been meant for his grumpy Patriarch had been granted to the small ears of a child. The girl wasn't his child either so he could only cring and know sooner or later that Jefferson would figure out who's maw the new lingo had been leeched from. He grinned down at the kid and tried to blow past the whole thing. "What's that? I was looking for Jefferson, who else?" he asked. So simple, this was Jefferson's home.

He raised a brow at the bossy little kid as she'd continued on and smirked, thinking to himself if the leader was looking after the runt he sure was getting walked all over. "Well Kiddo, hate to tell you, Jefferson can be an important guy sometimes, so get use to invasions from time to time, m'kay?" The male that normally was brooding and moping over anything and everything in his life so easily could look past his own problems when there were little ones underfoot, how and why.. he wasn't sure.. it made his heart skip a beat as he was reminded again how much he missed his own children.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She hadn't gotten the chance to meet this wolf before so it was good that he had come by, she decided. She needed to meet more wolves. Addison wanted to know every single wolf in the pack, what they were like and what they did throughout the day. Too many of her days had been spent cooped up inside of the cabin...now she was ready to get out there and meet anybody and everybody!

"Jeff is ver important to mee, he gives me food and lets me sleeps with him sometimes!" She could see how the rest of the pack would think that he was important. He brought her home lots of food, and that meant that he was a good hunter. Good hunters were really important in a pack. Addison didn't really understand the concept of leadership, exactly--her mother and father had been her "pack" back home in northern California and Washington.

"Didjoo bring me somefink? Jeff brings me fings. You want to come in?" She inquired, trying to look at his hands to see if he was holding anything.

[/html]
DaVinci just smiled down at the little child as she began to lecture him on how important Jefferson was. He already knew the other male was important and yet he let her rattle on. Suddenly it seemed that she was turning the conversation to him as he was pelted with a million questions. DaVinci just chuckled and shook his head. He was never going to get use to children and how their minds seemed to work.

"I didn't bring you anything because I didn't know you would be here!" he said honestly. "I would like to come in though.." If Jefferson had told him that he was keeping little kids hostage he would have brought the girl something to entertain herself with, or atleast something to eat. He really did have to take the time to try and get into Jefferson's head one day, he was such a strange fellow. "I'm glad that Jefferson brings you things though, what sort of stuff does he bring you?" he asked as he pulled his mane back out of his eyes, hoping that the child would allow him access even without a present.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Her first couple of weeks in the pack she had been pretty ill, so it made sense that she would stay inside. It'd been colder then, too! But now that she was feeling better, Addison wanted to explore more. She had already looked all around the cabin and had tested the strength of several pieces of furniture by bouncing on them. She'd found a couple of toys, or...things that she considered to be toys, a ball and some pencils that she had pushed around on the floor after she'd lost the ball. There were also all sorts of shiny things that she could look at...she really liked the shiny things.

"mmm...ok! I has some food left, you wants some?" It was polite to offer a guest food, right? And if she was real nice to him, he would visit her again maybe. She backed away from the door so that he could come in, blue and gold eyes curious. He looked different than Jefferson did, definitely. And different from her parents. What was it about him? "He brought me some food and some treats. Sometimes burds so I can play with them too" She answered.

[/html]
DaVinci grinned at the girl as he asked, "What have you been up to?" the house looked to be a wreck, he figured that the girl had probably been bored, he tended to be a little destructive when he was bored and he was grown up. Grinning to himself he glanced past Addison and shot another question towards her. "Why haven't I seen you around before?" He wasn't for certain how long Jefferson had had the puppy in the pack but Davinci had been busy with other things and didn't have all the time in the world to keep his eyes on the leader.

When he was asked if he wanted something to eat he just smiled and shook his head slightly. "Nah, that's ok, you keep it, you need to eat all you can to get big and strong.." When the child backed up he followed her into the house and smiled. She seemed to chatter away, she probably didn't have many folks to talk to he figured. He didn't mind though, he missed the chatter that his children use to bring around the lands. "Jeffers brings you birds? Do you like playing with the birds?" he figured that the leader was probably trying to teach her some hunting skills and letting her learn on her own first.

He smiled down at her as he mentioned. "My kids had a lot of little things to play with.. I'll bring them over for you next time I'm here, would you like that?" He figured that she'd love to discover some of the neat toys that his kids had loved. Jefferson would probably have fun playing along side her too, he doubted that the Patriarch could decline the little girls invites to play.
[html]

She hadn't tried to make the house dirty, but sometimes she made messes that were too big for her to clean up all by herself. So when Jefferson came home he usually just cleaned it up for her, while she watched. Once she got bigger she wouldn't make so many messes and the messes that she did make she would be able to clean up by herself.

"I been sick, throwing up all my foods. Jeff keeps me inside so I don't get sick again. But I go outside sometimes, when it's nice out" She nodded enthusiastically at his offer of toys, her eyes brightening. Of course she would like that! She needed more things to play with really bad.

[/html]
Addison gave information on just why he hadn't really seen her he gave a grimace at the idea. Atleast it was Jefferson cleaning up after the sick child and not he. He shook his head and smiled after a moment as he asked. "Are you feeling better now?" He really hoped she wasn't about to heave up the contents of her lunch on his paws, but he'd dealt with it before in the past, if he had to he could deal with it again.. or he could carry her by her scruff to Jefferson and let him deal with the kid, he was the one who'd brought her home after all.

When he offered the toys he could only smile as he saw her eyes brighten suddenly. He chuckled and agreed. "Ok, next time I come up here I'll bring you there old toys." He doubted that his two mostly grown kids would care, if they ever showed back up in Phoenix Valley. He'd just have to make certain not to bring them all out to the little girl. He'd save one or two just incase they wanted some sort of childhood reminder. He smiled at Addison as he thought of his own children, no longer little anymore.