watch me as I fly away
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... blebot.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

Catherine was hunting. She has been stalking the huge, male elk for a while, waiting for the right time to attack. She was standing in a large, but high branch in a dead tree near them. She was watching it with bright green eyes easily, the full moon shinning through the tree's leaves. It was eating, its herd around it. There was plenty of them there, but she was sure of herself enough to get the biggest. Her hunger begged for it. Her rustic bow and arrow was aimmed to its round chest, right where theheart should be. She pushed the arrow and let it go. The air blowed with a sharp noise in her ears, until the elk stood in two legs and falled down with a loud thud sound. The rest of the herd runned away, but Catherine didn't care. She swang from branch to branch quickly and reached the ground with nearly no sound. Running toward it, she grinned. Finally, something to eat.

She sat beside it and begun eating. She was way too hungry to care about making a fire and cook it, though she had the acessories to. She heard something float and land in her pray's head. It was Seymour, her peregrine falcon. If it wsn't for him, she would never get this meal. Of course she was going to share, so she didn't bother let him bite the elk's neck at will. Eating there, she wasn't paying much attention around her. If someone appears, she wouldn't notice at all, unless it was in her front. She didn't expected someone to appear. There was no smoke to call anyone's attention, and, when someone smell it, she would have finished already. It was very dark now, the moon hidden behind a cloud. Once again, it didn't bug her, and she returned to her food.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hope you don't mind me joining in. ^^; You can hover your mouse over the French text to see their translation.

Needless to say, he'd somehow wandered a bit off the decided trail. Perhaps it was his growling stomach, perhaps it was the moonlight that was leading him nowhere. Generally speaking, Gaël was a "morning person": the activity in his brain seemed to function quite a bit better in the daylight hours, while at night he was like a fish out of water. The boy, unfortunately, had been rather petrified of the dark as a child, always wary that monsters like the one that had killed his mother would appear from the darkness just as bloodthirsty as before. The first few months' worth of nights after his mother's death were spent shuddering in the darkness of the den. Heath and Miriette would fall asleep quickly, but their shameful older brother remained awake for hours on end, wide-eyed and shivering from fear in the furthest corner of their little sanctuary, scared. Many nights had passed, dusk to dawn, and the pup did not move nor sleep. Luckily, somewhere along the way, he'd grown out of the petrifying fear of the darkness... but even as his first birthday approached, the boy continued to remain on edge and far more careful when the night was at its worst.

But lord, was he hungry. Gaël was a fine hunter, but prey seemed to run... thin in these foreign parts. Squirrels were hibernating, and finding anything edible at this hour was usually asleep and hidden away somewhere. He could have followed his nose, but he didn't. The boy wasn't willing to put down his guard on account of hunger. Instead, he trekked two-legged through the snow, stomach growling all the while. He considered sleep, briefly; his quest was hardly any benefit at such a late hour. Of course, that thought was dismissed quickly when some sort of hawk zipped on past his head and off into the distance, after which he kicked up the snow and followed, finally submitting to his hunger. When he came upon a foreign woman munching away on something she'd apparently brought down, his stomach growled and his bright, turquoise eyes beamed hungrily at the fallen beast. The bird, now hardly appetizing in comparison, landed rather contentedly on the dead thing's head. "J'ai... ainsi faim..." he mumbled beneath his breath. He wasn't one to ask, though, so instead he... approached a different way. He walked up behind her cautiously, keeping his distance, and spoke quietly. "Excuse me," the boy said, somewhat seriously. "Where am I right now?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... blebot.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
No worry ^^ Thanks for the hint X3

Catherine was ending to eat one of the deer's legs when her ears pickered up and turned behind, where the sound of paws walking in the snow came. She looked back, noticing that the stranger's scent was unknown to her. All she saw was a young male, with his bright blue eyes in hers. Observing as the kid approached, he seemed to be lost. She turned around, so she could see him better.

"Hello, there." she greeted the pup, lowering her head so she could look closer at him. "Well, you are in the tribelands of AniWaya." she informed, thinking. "Are you lost, kiddo?" she asked innocently. She suddenly remembred of DaVinci, when he went in this lands looking for his sister, and of his despair when he didn't find the kid. There may be someone out there, looking for the young male in front of her. If there was, she would take care of him until this someone appear.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Kiddo? Damn, he wasn't a kid. He wasn't a year old yet, but he wasn't that young. His expression might've hardened a little as a reply, though he quickly released the stress because the girl meant no harm and was no threat. After all, he was trespassing somewhere, one way or another, and the last thing he wanted was to make a scene and be attacked by an entire pack of maniacs. The boy watched her, eyes flashing between the stranger and the carcass at her feet, even if it was already nearly finished. His stomach growled and his face pouted.

"Um, sure," he shrugged. "I'm just looking for someone, but..." His eyes flashed back and forth before he ripped them away, looking somewhere in the distance instead. "I'm really hungry."

[/html]
[html]
--

So, it was him that was looking for someone, not the opposite. 'Odd... she thought. Only now that she noticed she was thinking of it too frequently. 'Odd.' she thought again, replying her own question. His turquoise eyes left hers and moved to the carcass behind her. He was showing too much interest in it... Her guess was right. He said it out loud, so she turned back, tornoff a big bone, filled with meat and left on the ground in front of him. The amount of food was almost of the size of his chest, but she felt it would be enough for him.

"If you want more, feel free." she simply told him. She felt a sudden interest on who was he talking about. "Who are you looking for? Maybe I can help you." she said. There wasn't many wolves she knew, but maybe, if it was from the tribe, she would know at once. If not, well... too bad.

[/html]
[html]

I have no idea why I didn't reply sooner.

Somehow he was still a child inside, even if he denied it so badly. The moment meat and bone was flicked his way, his eyes grew a thousand times and stared at it as if it was some sort of lifeline, like a buoy in the middle of a sea. There was a quick, cautious glance up at her before he started tearing the damn thing up like a starving coyote--of which he was half, anyway--making some obnoxious amount of noise in the process. Goodness, it was delicious! Such flavor, such tenderness--surely this stranger was a great huntress, one of the greatest he'd ever met for having brought down such delicacy!

His starving behavior mellowed very suddenly when her question arose. Gaël grew serious, frowning and taking a moment to swallow the mouthful of deliciousness before even collecting his thoughts to answer. There was a moment of hesitation, a clearing of his throat, and a forged confidence. Strange, how hard it was to be confident and upfront when your stomach was growling so demandingly! "I'm lookin' for my dad. I don't know where he lives but he's covered in scars. One big one over his eye, dere." He squinted his left eye shut and held a claw down over it vertically, matching it only with the darkest scowl he could actually manage. Still in this position, he continued. "You seen him?"

[/html]
[html]

Ooc: Sorry, the huge late DX Too much to do.

It took a while for Catherine to think. No, she hadn't met anyone "covered in scars" like the male described. It was a pity, she couldn't help him out. Well, at least he had a meal and wasn't that hungry anymore. That was better than nothing. She took another bite in the elk's ribs, taking a small part of meat, chunck it and swallow it down her throat before aswering.

Well, I haven't seen anyone like you said. Sorry. she said, apologizing her useless in helping him that time. If he is in a pack, it will be easier to find him. Otherwise, you'll have a hard time at that. she said, being very honest with him. She had already tried to find an old friend that was a loner. Difficult month that was...

[/html]