night to your day
[html]<style type="text/css">.febglovestemp b {color:#5d564d;} .oneooc {font:8pt Georgia; font-style:italic; color:#5d564d;}</style>
http://sixpop.com/files/402/Roleplay/fe ... 20temp.png) bottom no-repeat #b3b8bd; color:#626f7c; font:8pt Tahoma; line-height:1.0em; padding:1.5em; padding-bottom:11em; text-align:justify;">
OOC Name: Shae
Preferred method of contact: Board PM
Character Name: Caliber Craven
Character Age: Three years old
Character Gender: Female
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Luperci Verti
How did you hear about 'Souls?: Referral

The hot steam of her breaths billowed from her jaws and nostrils, becoming visible at the base of her nose, and the spaces between her jaws; floating up into a transparent smoke and disappearing as quickly as it came. Flurries feathered down from the skies sparsely, sticking to her coat quite firmly, as well as the rest of the environment around her was getting covered by the next round of cold ice to fall from the heavens above.

Currently the skies were grayed with the onslaught of flurries on this late afternoon. Massive black paws crunched down through the cold and wet ground, treading onward into territories unknown. Her paws were really the only sound that vibrated in her ears for quite sometime now, as the land around her lay silent and sleeping through this snowy day. She didn't blame anything or anyone, though, for the fact that while snow was a spectacle she would rather be curled up and snuggling in a warm den. The thought only made her weary paws and limbs ache with the feeling of permanent rest, something that was very foreign to Caliber Craven for many months now.

Grlllrrrg.... grrrlllrrrgrrr... What sounded like some sort of gurgling sound alerted the female, causing her to abruptly stop in her tracks and lift both ears at their highest attention. Slanting her liquid silver eyes, the sound certainly caught her off guard, being there was nobody around. Ready to take on whatever made that sound, Caliber stood rigid for what seemed like a whole minute until the noise made sound again. Instead of emitting a snarl, Caliber instead made a hefty sigh.

Relax. Just your stomach protesting once again.

It wasn't the fact that Caliber couldn't take care of herself without the aid of a pack (she had gone extended times taking on the role of a lone wolf for quite sometime now), it's just that most prey in this season were either hiding from the bitter cold, or blended in extremely well. Mulling around in her Secui form for the past couple of hours, she would transit back to her Lupus form later on in the day just so that her energy could be conserved. Shifting took energy, and most shifts had their benefits. Secui, because of her bulk, kept her the most warm from the heat that radiated off her larger muscles in this form. That wasn't to say that her Lupus form didn't, but it would be better to have that extra body heat now and then for secure convenience. Optime shift was out of the question, that would only require dire situations.

It was now that she settled on her thick haunches, resting her sore limbs and taking a moment to think about where she was heading now. She honestly didn't know, and from what her nose told her, there were very faint traces of other individuals who had passed by. Sighing once again, Caliber casted her silver glance toward the gray silent skies, looking into nothing but seeing plenty of activity going on in her mind. How much longer, really?

She was getting a little fed up by this rogue wolf deal, as a shiver twirled down her spine, reminding her it had just been her against the world out in this cold wilderness, and who knew how much longer that would last for her.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... blebot.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

Why...Oh why does it have to snow?! she thought, irritated. Catherine didn't like cold, though her fur was pretty thick enough for that kind of weather. The snow didn't reach her, but it was still irritated. The cold means that the animals were hidding from the cold, which means that she would starve for a while. She wasn't much of a hunter, and it made it even worser for her. She sighed heavily and enjoyed the view. From the high, large pinetree's branch she was sitting at, she had a good view from the tribe's fences, which marked their boarders. The good things on her Optime form is that she could climb the trees quicker than in her Lupus. She never sifted to her Secui, because she made a promise to never do so. It was on that shape that her father killed her mother. She shivered, but not from the cold. That memory still terrified her. She was waiting for Seymour to come back with some news. The peregrine falcon was used to the cold, so she didn't worry.

Laziness was taking over her, making her yawn. She was nearly sleeping when a piercing, sharp harsh demanded her attention. She opened her eye quick enough to see the bird of prey land on her belly and push her redish-brown mane. The air blowed loudly on her face and she sensed a different smell. She looked down, and saw a black spot in the white snow. The smell was of a female, and there was no distinct trace of a pack. It was a wandered, she presumed. She made a face. To greet the stranger, she would have to go down and face the snow.

She reached to another branch and made her way down. She swang from branch to branch like an acrobat. When she got close enough to the ground, she just jumped to it, the sultred puffsound of her landing in the snow would denunciate her, but she didn't care. She was behind the other female, seeing her back. Crossing her arms on her chest, she grinned.

"Hello, there." she greeted with a warm voice. "How are you? My name is Catherine." she said. She didn't thought why it was here. One more friend, she thought simply.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.febglovestemp b {color:#5d564d;} .oneooc {font:8pt Georgia; font-style:italic; color:#5d564d;}</style>
http://sixpop.com/files/402/Roleplay/fe ... 20temp.png) bottom no-repeat #b3b8bd; color:#626f7c; font:8pt Tahoma; line-height:1.0em; padding:1.5em; padding-bottom:11em; text-align:justify;">

The distant sound of a bird call reverberated through the trees. Glancing back the way she came, seeing as her massive paw prints left before were slowly and surely disappearing from the pour of flurries, the Craven contemplated on turning back and starting over down a new path. Looking forward again, everything around her seemed more of the same. Wouldn't hurt to, right? Shit, I don't even know anymore...

Hearing a thumping sound behind her, she felt the whoosh of air as the assailant from the trees landed behind her. Adrenaline like electricity shot a lethal dose through her veins, sending all senses into a frenzy at the same time, and Caliber couldn't help but admit a choked gasp. Living the life of a loner, this was one part of it that was a necessity and at the same time an annoyance: always keeping your eyes behind your back, for you never knew when someone or something would make an appearance, or an assault. Guess this place didn't seem so deathly abandoned after all. That in itself could be an assurance, but not really. Company that just "dropped in" was always a fifty/fifty encounter for the better or worse.

Spinning on the edge of her paws, fresh snow kicked up around her, her lip curled up at the ready to flash her fangs. A snarl curled in her throat, striking a defensive pose as she fully spun around, ready to take on whatever it was. Muscles tensed, the heat from her lungs steaming from her gaping jaws, her liquid metal gaze piercing and bright. Focused. Tense. Ready for anything. Silver eyes were met with a figure that was rather colorful, with unique patterns, hair that was like fire, eyes that were like emeralds, definitely something that stood out within the white of the area. To Caliber, it seemed as if this pretty female really didn't belong in a cold environment such as this one, more like one that should be tropical, or one where her patterns blended in well with a background.

A soothing voice escaped the femme, calling herself Catherine, and stating that she just "dropped in" to say hello. Taking a moment to breathe, Caliber laughed lightly. Time began to slow down a little for her, it was alright. Although a guard would be initially kept, she could already feel herself calming down from her natural high. "God, you really gave me a scare for a second! Thank the heavens." Caliber said with reassurance in a serious tone. "Well Catherine, nearly had my tail scared off, sore from traveling aimlessly to nowhere, haven't eaten for what seems like weeks now, and been pretty anti-social for I don't even know how long. So, how have you been?" One might think Caliber was being a smart-ass, but far from; there was amusement laced in her voice. Hey, she could only be honest, right? "My name is Caliber, by the way." A small smile spread across the plane of her ivory and ebony jaws. Indeed, it was a long time since there was any interaction from anyone else that Caliber almost began to get a feeling of awkwardness mulling deep inside her.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... blebot.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

Catherine didn't get surprised with the stranger's reaction. It would be a completely normal act when something unknown comes from behind, where you can't see it. She would do the same if it was her. She kept still, the smile in her face, her arms now swinging at her sides.

She laughed lightly. She didn't surprise that she scared the other wolf. She wasn't the first to, but the blunt honesty was very... impressive, she thought. Such a honest creature was very rare, and she knew how to talk that language too. "Well... I've been sleeping in one of the branches of that tree, trying to deal with the scarce prey lately, and the hunger caused by the unsuccessful hunts I had in the whole week, not moving much to keep my energies and scouting from there the boarders of this lands, which belongs to the AniWaya tribe, where you are.. In other words, I'm fine." she said quickly, breathing deeply to be able to say the last part. The harsh that came from above her made she raise her gloved hand to the sky automatically, so the peregrine falcon could land on it. It climbed quickly to her shoulder, tilting its head toward the stranger itself had localized.

"Nice to meet you, Caliber. This is Seymour, my falcon." she said in a polite tone. The name of it was not very common, but it didn't bother her. She presented the bird, and it squacked when it heard its name. "So, may I now what you're doing here? I don't want to bug you, but it is my job to look after a trespasser, since I'm one scout. Sure you can understand it." she murmurated, explaining to Caliber that she had to know what was up to this visit.

[/html]

Feeling the present situation transition into smooth icebreaking, Catherine seemed very cordial, polite, and considerate. It was a nice reassurance that warmed the Craven’s soul, for the fact that pleasant company whilst out on your own was near nil. Just as appreciative of Catherine’s honesty, Caliber tuned in a fine ebony ear to hear what her life consisted of currently. The news of scarce prey and the spiraling number of food was information that sparked a mild frown on the edge of her jaws. Times are tough all around it seems... To add to that thought, she shook her head in pity. “I understand what you mean, I’m sorry to hear that these parts are just as abandoned as others. At least you are doing the smart thing on conserving energy; you never know when the cold of winter could get the upper paw on you.” Offering a meek nod, at least spring solstice was well on its way in a couple of weeks, and perhaps then things could turn around. The hard part currently was just sticking it out.

“AniWaya.” Caliber immediately repeated the word, as if tasting it on her jowls. Sounded like a name of a very culture rich territory. Never heard of it before, but was delighted to hear that at least her travels led her waltzing into a close territory. Bringing attention upon the crimson haired Catherine again, the Secui flicked her tail and offered a larger smile. “And it’s a pleasure to meet you as well, Catherine. More so to know that there’s company out here somewhere in this vast wilderness.” She lightly laughed. Descending from the heavens landed a colorful fowl, watching as it perched upon Catherine’s shoulder. It was interesting how some had kept pets for themselves, and thought about eventually having one of her own one day. “And greetings to you as well, Seymour.” Caliber acknowledged.

Now, down to serious business. Caliber understood that Catherine was only doing her duty, and nodded in understanding. Taking a deep breath that emitted a large cloud from her nose, she collected her thoughts for a moment before explaining her long and perilous journey to this point thus far. “You can say I’m looking for some to run with. I’ve been out on my own for awhile now. I guess you can say I left to find my road of self-discovery, but… it hasn’t felt like it’s been so promising.” A pause. “I wasn’t a Luperci Verti two years ago, and ever since… I’ve been trying to... cope.” Cringing slightly, she didn’t want to make Catherine think that she had a problem with herself or anything, but there was no other way to explain it. “I can say i’ve been managing… I mean, I’ve became pretty good with manipulating tools for all sorts of uses. Hunting, harvesting, general things.” The silver eyed female then fell silent, wondering how the native AniWaya would respond.

[/html]
[html]
--

Surely Catherine was hungry, but she had a great resistence to hunger, which was very fortunate for her in that moment. That talk about food wasn't affecting her as it used to. As much she thought about it, more hungry she would get. But not this time. Lucky her. Nowadays, she was eating the few squirrels and birds she could get in the trees, and it wasn't enough for a wolf her size. "Yeah, sure." she said simply, trying to change the subject and be polite and at the same time, and she couldn't think right with the hunger.

She wondered why the dark female in front of her repeated the name of the tribe with such wonder. She just let it go, feeling somehow uncomfortable near it. Maybe it was the shape it was in. The Secui form always threatened her, since the first one she ever met killed her mother, and the one was her own father. She shivered quietly in that memory. Trying to forget that, she payed attention in what it was saying. She nodded slowly. There was a while she didn't talk with someone of the pack. It was being a very cold and lonely winter, surely. The bird of prey in her shoulder squacked at the greeting. She laughed lightly at it. Seymour seemed to like this new wolf.

She grimaced sadly and sighed, considering the recent life of Caliber. Herself got... lost once, when her father murdered her mother, and she killed him in revenge. In a twisted kind of way, it was Seymour that made her find herself again. She was grateful for it, and he was grate to her because she saved his life.

So, the other female did have skills. They seemed good, if she would join the pack. Unfortunately, this detail wasn't told to her, so she couldn't be sure. She rubbed her chin with one finger, thinking."Ah, so, what do you plan doing here? Any will to stay... permanently around or some?" she said, not trying to be very charismatic, as she sometimes did.

[/html]
Edit to below: Sure will! <3

Feeling the stiffness of the cold start to get to her sinewy haunches that had been in place for sitting for awhile now, Caliber’s Secui physique rose to warm her muscles once again, and to give a quick shake from the flurries that continued to descend from the grayed skies. No more was the feeling of caution in her heart, for Catherine and Seymour had proved to fair very nice and safe company. This gave her a twang of hope inside, that perhaps now, there would be some like Catherine whom Caliber Craven could run with. She had only been so lonely for so long out on her own. Given the first impression of Catherine, it seemed that this AniWaya that Catherine was a part of promised to have similar individuals like herself.

Seeing as how Catherine analyzed her skills, and was now silently thinking to herself, the striped female then asked if there was any chance of permanent stay. This in turn caused Caliber’s heart to mildly leap, and if one paid close attention to the gleam in her silver metallic gaze, a sparkle happened to flicker in them. Fully standing now, the ebony female shuffled her paws around in the snow, shifting her weight. Turned down by those whom she wished to run with before here, the pressure was certainly on for finding somewhere to be accepted, even now while Catherine seemed to be the nicest Caliber has came across thus far. But, if there was an opportunity, Caliber wouldn’t be foolish enough to not take it while it was in front of her. “I hope to get back on track with life. Not just mine, but with others too. Just getting back into the feeling of doing something productive for a change, again.” Speaking in all compassion and honesty, she paused before continuing. “I believe I’m more willing enough to stay somewhere for a permanent time than be out in the wilderness by myself. It was fun while it lasted, but I think now it’s time to settle down… if there is room to accommodate me, of course.” Spoken more lightly now, that was Caliber’s little probing hint to see if perhaps this AniWaya that Catherine and Seymour were a part of were willing to take in outsiders with open paws.

[/html]
[html]
Hi! Ah, would you please put "Leaders Needed" in the topic description?

Catherine was just delighted. She felt well near this outsider, like she always did when near friends. She now knew that the dark female was nice and friendly, like anyone else in the tribe. Everyone was just so kind...

She saw the small glitering on her grayish eyes, and she smiled. It seemed exactly what the black female wanted to hear, and was glad she had said it. Catherine was sure that it was room for one more in the tribe, but she wasn't sure if she would be accepted. It depended on what DaWali or Ayegali would think of it. She had met DaWali when she joined in the tribe and Ayegali in her Journey. Sure they were very warm-hearted, kind guys, so she was betting they would accept the ebony female in front of her.

"Well, I'm sure that the leaders will like you." she said, with a encouraging voice. "I'm pretty sure that you join the tribe soon." she told her. All of a sudden, she throwed her head up, and a sharp, soprano howl filled the air, in a calling. It didn't last long, and she turned back to the other Luperci. "They will be here soon." she announciated and waited for someone to come.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Hallo!

Ayegali had been out tending the horses when the howl filled the air, pulling her attention away from the bag of food that she had brought for her friends. The raven colored woman lifted her head carefully, nose to the sky and ears swiveling in the direction of the call. It was Catherine, the tribe member that she had recently encountered while she met with her spirit guide for the first time. There didn't seem to be any kind of dangerous urgency in the call, it was more casual than it would have been if there was trouble brewing, so the woman decided to finish tending to the horses. She laid out the food, various fruits and vegetables, on a long towel that had been placed there to keep the food clean for their friends.

Finally, with the horses fed, Ayegali moved out from the shelter and off across the lands. It didn't take her long to pinpoint where the call had come from, altering her direction to make her way to the tribe member. Before long she caught the other woman's scent, but even more interesting than that, the scent of a stranger. Ayegali's pace quickened slightly, taking her across the snow with ease, and she finally caught sight of the pair settled at the borders. "Hello." The woman called out as she approached, making her presence known, before finally slowing herself to a stop near the pair. "What is it that I can help you with?"

[/html]
[html]
Hello^^

It didn't take long for Catherine to her the sulrty steps on the snow. Her nose got the smell before her eyes met the black figure of Ayegali, the boss in the pack. She remembered of her when they both first met Saw, her Spirit Guide, the black mamba. She smiled to the black woman that came closer to them.

"Hello there!" she greeted back to the black female. "Well, this is Caliber. She wants to join the tribe." she reported with a warm, sweet voice. "She has skills at gathering. It may be good helping the medics to get herbs for medicines or some, doesn't it? But that depends on what you wants." she said, looking at the ebony female as she finished her speech. It really sounded good if she was a medic. One of them were with her prole, and she didn't meet the other yet. It seemed he was missing or something. Anyhow, it really depended of what the newcomer would want to do.

Her smiled didn't fade while she waited to someone to answer her comment.

[/html]
Hello, hello!

Catherine’s encouraging voice was enough to give her yet another rush of hope inside. Caliber only hoped that the leaders would like her as well. There honestly wasn’t any bad qualities about Caliber that could label her as a threat, nuisance, or useless. There were times that indeed she was confused about her real identity, but beside that, always tried to have the best interest and optimism in every effort put forth. Hoping that Catherine was correct in her acceptance, a light smile flitted upon her muzzle as Catherine let out a call for a leader to arrive shortly. Standing here in the flurries of snow, Caliber debated whether or not she should shift out of her Secui form. Optime would seem a little more formal for an appearance, and Lupus quite typical. As much as it was a tempting thought, perhaps it was just better to remain how she was, due to the fact that even though her Secui form was big, bulky, and adequately muscular, she wasn’t trying to impress anyone.

It didn’t take long before a leader arrived, a darkly coated female who made swift and smooth ways to the pair. Dipping her head in a respectful nod and swaying her tail slightly, the ebony female herself addressed an icebreaker. “Greetings. Caliber Craven.” Was said quite simply and kindly, even though Catherine introduced her already, she threw in her name just for the heck of respect. Caliber quietly stood and listened as Catherine had introduced herself to the leader, and when a mention of her skills was made, she briefly flashed a smile at her skills. “Yes, if the time and space allows it from yourself and the Tribe, I would be honored to join AniWaya. Like Catherine explained, I’m skilled at gathering things to make tools, and I’ve spent enough time out on my own now to identify plenty of plants, animals, and objects to use for practically any use you can think of.” Caliber ended her statement with a nod, and then fell silent, anticipating what the leader and possibly Catherine was going to say. She had to admit, deep down to herself, that the pressure was definitely being felt right now. I think i'm doing a good job of keeping my cool, right? Yeah, I think so... this doesn't seem bad at all. The worst the leader could say was that they weren't accepting at this time. Caliber understood that packs meant quality time and intimate kinship, though, so it would be understandable if outsiders were not frequently invited into pack circles just like that. This certain Tribe, howver, seemed quite appealing to Caliber, and anticipated to hear whether or not her skills would be able to come in use for AniWaya.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

In Ayegali's eyes, Catherine was proving to be more and more of an asset to the tribe. The Spirits had already accepted her, granted her a companion, and now here she was on the borders, greeting potential new members of the tribe. The raven colored woman smiled at this, stored these facts in her head for later use, and offered the stranger a faint nod of her head. Ears tipped forward to meet the words of her tribe mate before finally turning her attention to the stranger, who spoke up soon after Catherine was finished speaking. "Well Caliber." The woman started, testing the name as she went. "We accept most anyone with open arms, everyone deserves a chance, just so long as you can enter this place with an open mind." It might seem odd but Ayegali knew that it may need to be said.

"Spirits lead our lives here, whether they make themselves known or not." That was what they believed, at least. "Some of the things you may see here, while you might not truly believe it, they are real." She would have to find Caliber again at some point, if she chose to stay, and introduce her own companions. "After a time here the spirits grant our members with companions, spirits that have chosen to step into the lives of those in the tribe, to aid them and accompany them through life. These animals are not alive, they even may not show themselves immediately, but they are all over." She explained, her tone serious but her voice soft. "If you can accept the possibility of this then you're free to enter the lands and stay."

[/html]
[html]
--

Catherine smiled as she noticed the encouragement she had gave to the dark Secui and at the introducion to Ayegali to the Spirit Guides. She remembered of her own Guide, Saw. Its been a while that they had first met, but she remember it perfectly. She blinked to focus again at the conversation. She knew the words of the black Optimus were nothing but the truth, and herself had to made that choice once, and now she is part of it, fitting in the tribe like a glove. Of course, they were in different shapes and forms. Hers was a black mamba, while Leland's was a kitty and DaWali's were an eagle. She could only imaginate which animal would be of Caliber, if she decides to join.

She would be so glad to help the probably newcomer of the pack to fit in as well. She bet the ebony Secui would love to see the horses, or meeting the others. They were all very knid to her when she joined, and so it would be to the ebony female near her.

[/html]

Listening attentively with black ears perked forward and at their highest attention, the dark female listened with profound interest as to how spirits helped lead the lives of the AniWaya Tribe in their lands. At first, there was a hint of confusion and mysticism that struck across her features, giving a small questioning yet intrigued glance over to Catherine as the leader continued to speak. This instantly sparked long forgotten memories of puppyhood, going on adventures with other adrenaline seeking pups to discover the secrets of the otherworld. Caliber had always been a little skeptic with spirits and hauntings, but there was a belief that spirits had to be out there. To know that in AniWaya there were invisible guides for each and every member made Caliber come to self realization that perhaps this was the place that was essential for her survival, that this was the answer to her long travels made in search of herself, what happened, how to come to terms of her new life as a Verti. Maybe now all of my insecurities and fears could disappear. Maybe now I can finally be at ease with who I am, because the heavens know I need some sort of calling and direction… All of this suddenly made her more willing to pursue her dusty forgotten dreams and goals within AniWaya, and was merely ecstatic to know that the leader stated how if she was willing to comprehend with these spirits, she could stay.

Without her knowing, her long black tassel behind instantly began to quiver in a wag. The leader had fell silent now, and Caliber had all to do but keep a bursting toothy smile to appear on her jaws. Her smile was wide enough, evident to hear the news that her presence was welcome among their kind. The feeling that was felt inside her was a rush, invigorating, thirsty to both reconcile with those that were like her and also discover more about these spirits that the leader talked about, that had to be the most intriguing part, and her knowledge of wanting to know more about the Tribe. Shifting her weight upon her paws, her smile and wag remained strong as her sparkling silver eyes, now feeling more radiant than before, shone to both Catherine and the leader. “I’ve… never heard of such a thing before with the spirits, but I’m willing to know more. Much more.” Enthusiasm laced through her voice. “Something tells me that maybe I came here for a purpose, perhaps that purpose, for the spirits to guide me. I’ve been lost for so long.” She spoke of honesty, but didn’t want to linger too long on that fact. “I accept that possibility. Thank you.” Nodding to both Catherine and the leader with her smile strong through her words, on this cold day she was excited to start a fresh new beginning.

[/html]
[html]

"You will learn much more in time, then." The raven colored woman assured her with a faint smile, pleased that there were still so many creatures in the world that were so accepting of different things. It put her mind at ease, knowing that there was still acceptance in the world, especially after they had been run from their previous home by closed minded creatures. No one wanted to believe anymore, it had seemed, but those that she had recently met had changed her mind completely, they were giving her hope and renewed faith in the world. "I hope that you are able to find your way." The woman added, knowing in her heart that once someone was in the right place, they would always find their way.

"I should be off now, though." The woman explained, looking rather apologetic of that fact. "The horses need tending to before the cold night sets in." She turned then, toward Catherine, and offered the younger woman a careful smile, shifting to offer the same to the newest member of their tribe. "Feel free to have a look around, wherever you might like, there are no restrictions here. Or, if you might feel more comfortable doing so, any of our members would be glad to show you around." Ayegali was certain that she would fit in, just like the rest of them seemed to. "I hope to see you around." She smiled again, before giving a slow wave and beginning to make her way back to the barn.

[/html]