when we were younger and better
[html]

It had been her voice that pulled him from the forest. At first, Gabriel had doubted his senses. All reason said she was dead, long gone. Faith, on the other hand, forced him to believe. And that was why she was here. There will be water if God wills it. So true those words then, and how appropriate now. The male had all but flown to the shore, and it was here he had seen her. Red, brilliant, as she had always been.
     Hardly one to maintain his composure, Gabriel nearly tackled the female and embraced her in a sloppy, doggish way. His tail was thundering against the air and the sand and his eyes were roaring laughter. For now, it would do well to ignore all that he had done since then. All he had done in her name. A quiet voice reminded him graciously of the stranger, and Gabriel settled, though his heart was like a young bird in a cage. There was an impossible need for words, but he dared not speak for fear of what foolish nonsense he might say.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.febakello b {color:#d6d8d9;} .tempooc {font:8pt Georgia; font-style:italic; color:#d6d8d9;}</style>
http://sixpop.com/files/402/Roleplay/fe ... 20temp.png) top no-repeat #6b7279; color:#252c34; font:8pt Tahoma; line-height:1.0em; padding:1.0em; padding-top:11em; text-align:justify;">
*dances* Muahahah!

Akello had spent his entire life mapping things out in such careful ways that he rarely failed. Now, all his preparation would amount to nothing; he had always lived on a deck, and when not on the deck he was sipping whiskey in a bar on the coast while his men, his companions and family, got drunk. He had never been one for such sport, and even now if offered a bottle he would more than likely turn it down if the circumstance was not just right. His lifestyle had made him confident and comfortable with himself, and it was for this reason he wasn't more disturbed by the appearance of, presumably, the leader of the place she had called Inferni.

And as he looked over her now, and listened carefully to the sounds of feet smacking sand as the dog-seeming coyote thundered onward, a small note of nervousness jolted his brain. Reason told him he should've been more prepared for something like that but Akello could never have readied himself for the feeling that pushed through his breast at the moment Gabriel de le Poer made his first appearance.

Perhaps it was because Akello was a creature who took evidence and applied it to sensibility, and in this case the puzzle pieces could not have fallen more unfortunately. Still, there was a small glimmer of mischief in his two remaining pieces, so alike and perfect that he could not tell which fit; maybe he was just a family member or close friend.

Nonetheless the coyote sat politely on the sand, tail curled around his hindquarters as he watched the over-joyed leader meet with her, reunite with her, while he was all but forgotten. And despite himself a small, thin (but not pinchbeck) smile had found its way onto his lips; even if it so happened that he was not a family member or close friend as he tricked himself into believing more than the other possibility now, he could not quell the feeling of joy he himself cultivated from having successfully returned her to her home.

[/html]
[html]
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 ... Ground.jpg);">

(:

They were nearing her home now and it was all she could do but not suppress that little bounce in her step. She also made a new friend and she was so happy to show him her home. Share it with him and teach him things. He was a man of the sea and she had enjoyed her time, but she needed to come back home. It took a long time, but she was here. The girl was not one-hundred per cent sure what had happened, but she had been washed out to sea. There was a big storm and she was on the beach. The waves were so strong and they pulled her in, swept her off her feet and sent her plummeting down into the water before the waves brought her back up to the surface again. She must have hit her head, because the rest was forgotten. The next moment she remembered being pulled up by a couple of his crew and himself, Akello, her savior.

The next moment, when her eyes flashed up, there was nothing that could have made her happier. Gabriel. He was still there, still waiting for her. Oh, how much pain had she put him through before. She had promised him she would never leave. Apparently, the earth tried to pull them apart, but nothing could separate him from her. Faolin could have been taken to the other side of the earth and it would not have mattered, she would find her way back to him. The girl was pretty much swept off her feet and tackled to the ground and she giggled like a little girl. Gabriel coated her in his kisses and she gladly returned them. The girl was pinned to the ground and could not do anything but return his love. Oh, how she missed him. She wrapped her paws around his neck and covered his ears, face, anything she could reach with her tongue. Sloppy, wet, doggy kisses all for him.

The two broke apart, but were still close and she pressed her body against Gabriel for fear that he might just not have been there. It could have been a dream, but no, this was no dream. She was here, with him. That's all she ever needed and wanted. There sat the male that made this all possible. Her savior. Akello Paxton. She had not forgotten about him in her brief moments of happiness that she shared with her mate and as she thought about it there had been no mention of Gabriel at all to him. It was something she kept in her heart and did not want to bring up for fear that she might never see it again. It was a hard feeling to explain, but she just could not do it. The male seemed... hurt almost. She could not tell, mixed feelings ran through his body and she could read them. A smile graced those pretty lips of her and her red eyes turned back to Gabriel.

"Gabriel. This is the man that saved my life, Akello Paxton," she said to him, her tail thumping hard against his side in her excitement. "He wishes to stay with us in Inferni," she explained happily, turning her smile back towards the gray-hued male.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 ... Footer.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 396px; height: 58px;">
[/html]
[html]

There was a moment in which Gabriel imagined he saw something dark, something that set a heavy weight in the pit of his stomach. A look from the strange male, something he could not fully understand. He had given that look to many a man before, but it was Faolin that tore him away from brooding on the matter. Gabriel let the weight of his wife lean against him, welcoming it.

He smiled, eyeing the stranger—now given the name Akello—placidly. “I cannot thank you enough for rescuing her. You are more then welcome to stay here for however long you would like.” Adjusting his weight, the Aquila turned his head to Faolin. “Talitha and Ezekiel will be thrilled to know you’re back. Ezekiel is staying with me…as are his two wards.”

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.febakello b {color:#d6d8d9;} .tempooc {font:8pt Georgia; font-style:italic; color:#d6d8d9;}</style>
http://sixpop.com/files/402/Roleplay/fe ... 20temp.png) top no-repeat #6b7279; color:#252c34; font:8pt Tahoma; line-height:1.2em; padding:1.0em; padding-top:11em; text-align:justify;">

A knapsack lay close by, not forgotten but ignored, for the moment. In it was hidden away Akello's very life and soul, and he was very protective of it. For now it looked a little like he felt; lost and confused on the rough sand that made up a place very unfamiliar, but not uncomfortable. It seemed forlorn and neglected but was not, much like him in that moment.

When the happy celebration had passed and attention was turned to him, his smile increased somewhat, a more pleasant and eager air lifting into his eyes. Partly it was to please her; mostly it was to placate Gabriel. Of course, his deed didn't go unrewarded and he inclined his head a due amount, having anticipated a similar answer (though it had never been his intention in returning her home). For the time being he let his eyes roam over the thicker build of the de le Poer, judging and re-adjusting his opinion until it fit somewhere in a respect slot; this guy commanded it, and Akello was more than happy to supply a demand.

His name was already stated, so there was really nothing else to say for that. However, he had never been born particularly selfish. Is there anything you would have me do while I'm here in return? he asked gruffly, clearing his throat soon after speaking and watching the leader carefully for any sign of modesty or dismissal from the suggestion. If Akello were to be here he would be useful. He would be put to work or he would make work for himself.

And he would much prefer to know the leader's wishes before choosing either way. Lightly his vision grazed Faolin once more, and he smiled for her, whispering a "thank you" to her for speaking for him. He had never been too good working with pressure, and there was a lot of it when it came to meeting a leader of a prestigious, though infamous clan.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.febfaotemp b {color:#873e34;} .faooneooc {font:8pt Georgia; font-style:italic; color:#873e34;}</style>
http://sixpop.com/files/402/Roleplay/fe ... 20temp.png) bottom no-repeat #dedede; color:#514640; font:8pt Tahoma; line-height:1.2em; padding:1.0em; padding-bottom:17em; text-align:justify;">
I love my new set. <3

Faolin could not help but glow with her happiness of being returned to Inferni, her mate, and her children. Her ears perked up as Gabriel started to speak again and she nuzzled him tenderly. It felt so good to be here again, the place where she belonged. How many times had she stumbled back to these borders? She thought nothing could take her away, but apparently fate had something else in store for her. She laughed inwardly at the idea and turned her attention back to her mate and Akello. Faolin cocked a brow as Gabriel mentioned Ezekiel and his two.. wards. What had her son gotten himself into now? She laughed at the thought of him being pulled apart by two girls. It had been so long since she had seen him.

I can not wait to see them. I've missed you guys so much, she sighed, and her attention quickly turning back to the gray male. Her tail wagged back and forth and she gave her head a shake. We would not put you to work. Relax, you have done enough for the time being. But, if you are really up to it, I'm sure we could put you to work at something or another around here, she laughed, red eyes turning back to her mate. Her tail twitched steadily back and forth behind her as she waited for his response. Right now she just wanted to let out a howl and call everyone here. Her nose twitched again as she searched through all the scent that were in the area. Hybrid, Corona, Ezekiel and Talitha, a couple new ones and a couple old. Everything seemed to be the same as she had left it.

It's so good to be home, she sighed and rested her head on Gabriel's shoulder.

[/html]
[html]

“For now, I would suggest getting used to the area. You can find a place to stay in one of the caves or in the mansion by the woods,” he gestured with his head. The Aquila’s eyes darkened for a moment, focusing subconsciously on a patch of sand which had, until the dusting of snow and saltwater cleaned it, been stained with blood. He would have to tell her soon. A second voice warned him not to.

Rising to his feet, the doggish male nodded towards the south. “Also, avoid Dahlia de Mai. They’re a wolf pack that we’ve previously had problems with—do not expect them to receive you kindly. If Faolin hasn’t warned you yet, Inferni has few friends out here.” Gabriel offered a thin, garish smile.

[/html]
http://sixpop.com/files/402/Roleplay/fe ... 20temp.png) top no-repeat #6b7279; color:#252c34; font:8pt Tahoma; line-height:1.2em; padding:1.0em; padding-top:11em; text-align:justify;">

The coyote grinned at Faolin; of course he expected to be put to work. He would for the time being heed her suggestion, however, and take to relaxing some. It had been a long time since there had been nothing to do but relax, and surely he could do with it. He couldn't help but glance at the shoulder that rested her fair head, but no glimmer of emotion entered his eyes at the sight. Instead, his eyes flicked back up to the burlier leader, picking unconsciously the comfort of a mansion to the comfort of an underground cavern, and he nodded his agreement. It made the most sense for the time being but the moment Akello was comfortable in Inferni, he would likely be looking for something to do once again.

And then another suggestion. He didn't know how in the world he would have the slightest idea who was a Dahlia de Mai wolf and who was not, but he knew to avoid wolves anyway. They were egotistical creatures of warfare and he didn't really want anything to do with them. I will keep that in mind. Thank you, sir. And his smile turned up further at the corners as he looked between the two, saying quietly, She's warned me of such troubles. I won't bring any trouble to the clan with wolves, I assure you.

And then, I hope it doesn't offend if I seek to take my leave of you now. I am forever grateful, sir, and to you, Faolin. I'm sure you two have much catching up to do. Please, excuse me. And he stood by his laid knapsack, awaiting dismissal.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.febfaotemp b {color:#873e34;} .faooneooc {font:8pt Georgia; font-style:italic; color:#873e34;}</style>
http://sixpop.com/files/402/Roleplay/fe ... 20temp.png) bottom no-repeat #dedede; color:#514640; font:8pt Tahoma; line-height:1.2em; padding:1.0em; padding-bottom:17em; text-align:justify;">
So, I will need a separate thread for both of you! Unless, Mel, you would like to just continue on with this one after Akello exits?

Of course, Faolin would take it upon herself to show her new friend the lay of the lands and everything around it and within it, but for now she did need a little time with Gabriel. Tomorrow, after seeing her children and her mate for a bit, she would hunt him down and take him around, and show him her own world. Living on the ocean for a couple months was definitely nice and it had its ups, but really, when it got down to it, she loved the land. The girl had lived beside the ocean ever since she was born. She loved the ocean, but living on it with no land to explore, the thought kind of scared her.

If you need anything, just call! Tomorrow, you better be up early, because I am going to show you as much as I can! she grinned, tail wagging steadily back and forth behind her. Ruby orbs looked back and forth between the two males and she jumped up giving the other male a small nuzzle before sitting down again beside Gabriel. Thank you, friend, she said softly, giving her head a dip with a respectful bow.

[/html]
[html]

We can continue here Manda. I played as if Akello headed ooff. Go post! I know you want to! Tongue

A short nod sent the gray male on his way. Gabriel wasted no time and rose to his feet, grinning as foolishly as a boy on Christmas morning. He wanted to touch her all over, to reassure himself that he had not gone mad as he had often imagined, to prove she was there. She had to be there. That was why he restrained the trembling he felt in his legs and the need to never let her go again.

“I knew you would come back,” he finally said, recalling a promise they had made to each other so long ago.

[/html]
(:
Faolin watched the male disappear into the lands of Inferni and her attention was instantly brought back to her mate that stood by her side. The girl growled playfully and quickly jumped to her feet and leaping at him, attempting to bowl him over. It would have been a feeble attempt if they had really been fighting. He was so much bigger than her and she was so petite in general. Her tail swished side to side as she toppled on top of him and laid across his chest. Instantly her muzzle shot forwards and covered his muzzle with licks and kisses, her own red eyes filled with love for him.

Of course I came back, nothing would stop me from coming back here, she whispered into his ear, tenderly taking it between her teeth and giving him a few affectionate love nibbles.
[/html]
[html]

He let her push him down, let her and the constant pull of the earth pull him to the ground. All the while he was smiling, aware of nothing but the here and now and the fact that his faith had been rewarded. She had returned from the water and the distant lands and it was as if nothing had changed. For now, at least. He knew he had to tell her soon.
     But for now, there was only them. “You’re a miracle,” he whispered, shutting his eyes as the sun peeked out behind gray clouds. Both forelegs wrapped themselves messily around her neck as his tail beat mercilessly against the sand. “You know I’m going to be keeping an eye on you now,” he added, tone shifting jokingly. “No more walks on the beach during storms.”

[/html]
--
The storm was so strong, and even now she could not remember what she was doing out there. It had all come on so fast. She kept having dreams though of a scream of some sorts, but she still could not make entire sense of it. The sea was so beautiful and it called her to it. It was a scary thought, being called into that wild mess of an ocean. The waves went over her head and were able to swallow right into its belly. Somehow it kept her alive though. She could have drowned, but somehow she drifted so far out to sea that she was unable to get back, but it kept her floating. She still did not know how many days because she had been knocked out. She probably hit her head on a rock or something.

None of that mattered now because she was here with him.

Gonna hire some kind of body guard for me now? she teased, a few more licks finding their way around his cheeks. The girl let out a happy sigh of contentment. It was wonderful, everything had gone wrong, but once again she found her way back. She was here with him and that was what mattered. Red eyes looked down into his golden ones a strong feeling of lust filling her. I love you Gabriel de le Poer, and I always will.
[/html]
[html]

I figure we can have them go back and then fade to black with your post?

It was a miracle she had managed to survive at all. When he was a boy, Gabriel had been warned time and time again of the dangers of a stormy ocean. He had imagined being pulled out to it, swallowed in the cold, dark water, and on those nights curled up against his mother for comfort. Sometimes in his dreams those things had happened, but it had been a long time since then. His dreams were all fire and blood.
     He smiled at her, smiled because for once everything was okay, regardless of the dead woman in the ocean or the monsters outside of their singular little moment. For now, it was only the two of them. “I love you too, Faolin,” he murmured. “You ready to come home?”

[/html]
How about another thread? ya? And I will start our thread with Ezekiel tonight! (:

Faolin smiled at his words and nodded. The girl rolled off of him and quickly rose to her feet and shook off her pelt. Allowing her mate to finally get off his back. She grinned at him and gave him a quick lick to his face. Home sounded like such a strange word to her right now. She wondered if it even looked the same. Everything else had, save the snow that blanketed part of it. Red eyes glanced in the direction and the two headed back home, Faolin hardly straying more than a few inches from his side, scared that some strange thing would come and take her from this place again.

[/html]