got a phosphorescent secret
[html]
Set to the 17th
300+

Mid-morning light filtered into the window of the Lt. General and her beloved mate's room. They slept side-by-side under their various furs and blankets, unaware of the winter chill that was just outside the walls of the mansion. His presence could calm her like nothing else and she honestly didn't think that she had ever slept so well as she did with him. The femme's stomach made a loud gurgling noise and her jeweled eyes slowly opened to look at the blue wall before her. Mouth opened wide in a yawn. Quietly she slipped from the blankets and used her teeth to pull them back up over Kansas. She gave him a soft lick on the cheek before exiting the room.

This was the second day she had woken up with her stomach gnawing in on itself. Savina didn't know what was going on. She didn't think she could remember a time where she had been this hungry this often. Groggily she made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen. Nose twitched as she sniffed around to see if there was any food in the room. There didn't appear to be any so she nosed open the door to the cellar. But when she got down there the food cache really didn't hold anything that looked that appetizing to her. Fresh meat sounded much better. Sighing she walked back up to the main level and into the large open living area.

Savina took a seat and wrapped her bushy tail around her feet. The wolfess was perfectly capable of going out and getting something to eat on her own, but she kind of wanted to have some company. She supposed she could go upstairs and ask Kansas to go hunt with her, but she didn't want to disturb his sleep. Or anyone else's for that matter. She would sit here for a few minutes and then if no one came by she would head out on her own.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
The soft winter light coming in through the yellowed lace curtains of her bedroom let Geneva know that it was indeed morning. The small gray wolfess rose from bed with impatient energy. She had lain in the dark for most of the night, an energy humming in her bones. However, the darkness and cold of the winter night had not held any appeal for the wolfess. Instead, she had stayed in her room for the night, trying to read to pass the time. She had tried looking out the window for a time, searching for stars so she could remember their stories. But the ever present cloud cover had thwarted her. Although Geneva had grown accustomed to winter, she could not wait for spring.

She bounded down the stairwell, probably making more noise than necessary. The wooden stairs squeaked and creaked beneath her agile feet. She rounded the stair well and swung herself over the banister instead of taking the last few steps. She looked behind her guiltily to be sure none of the pups had been around to see her. Although Naniko and Anu's brood were growing to maturity, she did not want them copying some of her more questionable stunts. She could easily envision a broken neck from swinging over the banister.

She wondered if anyone else would be awake. Although she itched to get out of the mansion, what she really wanted was some company. She didn't know why, but the night had made her feel just a little lonely. She was ecstatic when she rounded the corner and saw the dark hued Lieutenant General sitting there. "Savina," she said, her voice warm. "How are you this morning?"
[/html]
[html]

As her stomach continued to protest she looked down at it distastefully. Quiet you! I don't know what your problem is. A large sigh escaped her lungs and the tip of her tail twitched impatiently against the ground. She'd probably just have to go out by herself. She hated to wake anyone up if it wasn't necessary. It was funny though. At times you couldn't walk through the mansion without running into a bunch of the members and then there were times like these when it seemed almost uninhabited.

But then her triangular ears twitched as she heard someone coming down the stairs. Emerald eyes waited excitedly to see who it was that was going to come around the corner. Face lit up as she took in the sight of Geneva and her tail thudded against the floorboards. Anyone would have been a welcome companion, but she was very glad it was the greyscale female. They hadn't really been around each other since right after the fight and Savina's mind was in a much better place now. "Hello Geneva!" she said smiling. "I'm doing well, starving though! Would you like to go out and find some food with me?" She hoped so. The femme didn't know if her stomach would wait much longer.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
"I think that's the best idea I've heard in days!" Geneva said enthusiastically. She stopped for a moment, pausing to really look at the Lieutenant General. She seemed different. She walked a small circle around her, smiling sheepishly. She seemed so vibrant, for some reason. She seemed more beautiful than the wolfess could remember. She shrugged and explained her actions. "Is there something different about you?"

The wolfess decided to take this conversation to-go. She gestured toward the back door, shouldering it open and holding it open for the black wolfess to step through. She nudged the girl with her shoulder, mischief evident in the depths of her lime green eyes.

"Beat you to the valley," she said. The wolfess didn't pause to see if the woman would take her up the challenge, positive that she would. She took off toward the valley, not looking behind her or to the side, not sure if Savina was beating her. She had longer legs in her favor, and all Geneva had was focus. Panting, she skidded to a stop to find out the outcome of the 'race.'
[/html]
[html]
300+

Savina grinned happily at Geneva's reply. Hunting was always more fun with someone else by your side and she loved the company regardless. Maybe with the two of them they might even be able to take down something substantial. At the moment she felt like she could eat half a deer by herself. Her face took on a more puzzled look as her friend walked around her, inspecting her. The question made her head tilt to the side. Different? She had no idea why she would look any different than usual. "I...don't think so. Do I look different?" The smaller wolfess wasn't someone to say something like that for no reason.

She shook it off though as they walked towards the back door of the mansion. "Thanks!" she said as Geneva held the door open. With the shoulder-shove she looked and saw the look in the other's lighter green eyes and a smirk caught on her face. Oh, so it was a race she wanted? Well, she was always more than happy to show someone how fast she was. "As long as you don't mind loosing," she teased. As the gray femme took off Savina sprang from the doorway and hit the ground running. It took mere seconds for he to catch up and she shot past her packmate as she skidded to a halt.

Stopping she looked back to Stockholm with a cocky smile on her muzzle. But then the wind blew a tantalizing smell past her nose. Sniffing the air it was clear that an older doe was not far from them. Almost as if on cue her stomach rumbled greedily. Nodding her head in the direction of the deer she started to stalk towards it, thankfully they were downwind. Emerald eyes took in the sight of animal, she was alone and weak, a perfect target for the two. The Lt. General looked back to Geneva for a second before taking off to one side of their prey. Her appearance was like the black shadow of death to the elderly doe and she was too afraid to even run, paralyzed in place.

[/html]
[html]
Geneva shot a somewhat tired grin in the black wolfess' direction. It figured that the Lieutenant General would win. She nodded, accepting her defeat gracefully. It was nice, refreshing to soar across the packland without any care. Having Savina at her side was a definite plus. It was heartening to see that the woman was in a better place since the last time they had spoken.

She noticed when her attention seemed to sharpen. Lime green eyes followed jade ones, and found the form of a doe. Geneva nodded, increasing the distance between the two of them as Savina began the deadly dance of hunting. She approached slowly, mirroring Savina's movements.

The deer's head leapt up as it finally sensed the two predators. Its liquid eyes were wide with panic as it took off. Geneva wasted no time, leaping after it. It was a short distance, even for her. Geneva had managed to get a grip on the doe's haunch. She dug her teeth in deep.

She felt a weight on the other side of the doe. Savina certainly was fast! It was a matter of seconds. Between their combined weight, they had brought the doe down. Geneva made quick work of snapping the struggling doe's neck. Blood dripped down her chin as she grinned at the Lieutenant General from over the inert form. Quite a catch.
[/html]
[html]

They had really been lucky with such a find. The deer was quite old and while that meant that there wasn't as much meat on her, it did mean a quick and easy kill. It was less than a matter of seconds before they had brought their prey down and Geneva dutifully put the creature out of its misery. Panting Savina looked back up at her friend from over their kill. "Great job! Just what my stomach was begging for." The Italian wolf licked her blood-stained lips, the metallic taste sweet upon her tongue.

She motioned for Geneva to come join her near the abdomen of their prize. Razor sharp fangs tore into the animal's soft underside, but as the blood flooded her mouth and she felt the meat between her jaws her stomach lurched. Ever since she woke her insides had been crying for food, but now that she was about to quell that need she felt woozy. Somewhat unstably moving away from the kill she moved over and leaned against the nearby tree. Unwillingly (whatever contents it held) were heaved up through her throat and poured onto the ground.

Where in the world had that come from? She leaned over to take up a mouthful of snow and spat it out, hoping to wash the unpleasant taste of bile from her tongue. The fey looked back towards her friend. "I'm...sorry. I don't know why that just happened..." Was she getting sick?

[/html]
[html]
Geneva stepped back, allowing Savina to inspect and take the first helpings of food. The reason was twofold. One, Savina was higher up in the chain of command. And two, she seemed hungrier than Geneva herself. The wolfess was content to sit back and let Savina take her fill first. She moved around the body of the fallen kill to sit behind the wolfess.

Everything seemed perfectly fine, but Savina got up suddenly and lurched away. Geneva was on her feet in an instant, striding toward the wolfess. She was ill. She was worried for a moment, and looked into those bright green jade eyes.

Then something clicked. The glow around her, the shine of her fur...her vomit. It all made sense. "Savina...are you pregnant?"
[/html]
[html]
"The glow around her, the shine of her fur...her vomit." Hahaha, so wonderful! XD

The word hit her like a rock to the head. Pregnant. Her eyes grew wide and she just stared at her friend completely dumbfounded. Mouth opened and closed stupidly, unable to make any sound come from it. Could she be? Had it really happened that quickly? That day that she and Kansas had talked about having children they had made love, but she really hadn't expected it to be all it took. Mentally and emotionally she had prepared herself for the probability that it would take a few times before they were blessed with puppies.

Unbidden, tears welled up in her orbs, but a smile was creeping onto her face. She had to sit down because she thought that her legs might give out from under her. "I...it's possible..." Her words were all jumbled up in her head. She didn't know what to say. What she should say. Tear-soaked eyes locked into Stockholm's, filled with hope. "You...you really think I'm pregnant?" In her heart she was already praying that it was true. Praying that she and her mate would be that lucky.

[/html]
[html]
The joy on her face made her look radiant. Geneva looked at her and felt an answering smile on her face. She was so happy for her friend. She considered the "symptoms" for a moment, not wanting to disappoint the ebon female.
Nodding slowly, Geneva started to speak, "Even the scent of food would set my stomach off when I was with child." Not her favorite memory to pull up, but there it was. "I think that you are. Actually, I know." She winked at the woman. "I'm certain you've been trying with Kansas. Do you think he knows?"
[/html]
[html]

A tinge of pain shot through her when her friend mentioned what it was like when she had been pregnant. Savina knew all too well how that had ended for Geneva and knew it must still be painful to talk about. As selfish as it may have been, that feeling faded very quickly back to the excitement and joy that was now flooding through her. When the slate female said that she was sure the tears flowed freely from her and she let out a sort of happy sob. She was pregnant. Her dream was coming true, growing inside of her at this very instant.

"We just started trying last week. I didn't think that it would happen so soon, but..." The Lt. General beamed at Geneva. The name of her love resounded through her head. She needed to go find him, to tell him. "I'm sure he doesn't know. I'm sorry to run off so quickly, but I have to go tell him." The fey walked over to her friend and wrapped her neck around her in an armless hug. "Thank you," she whispered to her before heading off to find Kansas.

[/html]