thread title missing
[html]<style type="text/css">.febakello b {color:#d6d8d9;} .tempooc {font:8pt Georgia; font-style:italic; color:#d6d8d9;}</style>
http://sixpop.com/files/402/Roleplay/fe ... 20temp.png) top no-repeat #6b7279; color:#252c34; font:8pt Tahoma; line-height:1.2em; padding:1.0em; padding-top:11em; text-align:justify;">

The man had departed the scene without haste, but the moment he was out of their sight his pace picked up. Paxton didn't exactly want to believe what was clearly true — that she had a man already — but he had anticipated as much. His men had told him as much, and that was the frightening part. Akello had always been the logical one but out of all of them, he had been the one who had been so flippant toward the possibility and likelihood that the woman they were rescuing was not some maiden in distress. This was not his story-book romance where the pirate gets the woman.

No, that was left to men of power. He wasn't bitter toward the Inferni patriarch as he could have been — it simply was not his way — but a grim set had met his jaw if only for the moment. Somewhere between the beach and the mansion he now faced he had stopped to shift and now strode on his two toned legs, white shirt (with sleeves ripped off at the shoulders) open (as always since the buttons had been lost) and fluttering with the breeze and his knapsack thrown comfortable over his back.

Knock, knock? he called with a grin into the interminable silence that had met him ever since leaving the beach, not too keen on the idea of pushing open the door, which was slightly ajar anyway, and walking in to find he was very unwelcome there.

[/html]
[html]
She had been sitting in an armchair with one arm to prop her head up half-asleep when the foreign voice had carried into the mansion came. The very sound of it had brought her so sharply back to reality that Corona lashed out at absolutely nothing, swatting into the open air after a figure in a half-lucid dream that only existed behind her eyelids. She hadn't been sleeping well, but hadn't thought anything about it. Afternoon naps in a chair situated directly in a stream of sunlight certainly had a way of putting anyone to sleep, so she was hardly excluded from the process.

Sitting up with a yawn, the tiredness dissolved away and the voice that had brought her to had still been unanswered. “The door's open,” she called out, not really caring who it was down there that wanted in. They had to be a coyote though; there were few ways anyone would have made it all the way into Inferni's depths to find the mansion nestled away in a forested nook of the territory. And on the off-chance they weren't a coyote, or at the very least a hybrid worthy of being there, then she would see to it that they met an end whether they were innocent or not.
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.febakello b {color:#d6d8d9;} .tempooc {font:8pt Georgia; font-style:italic; color:#d6d8d9;}</style>
http://sixpop.com/files/402/Roleplay/fe ... 20temp.png) top no-repeat #6b7279; color:#252c34; font:8pt Tahoma; line-height:1.2em; padding:1.0em; padding-top:11em; text-align:justify;">

The silence yawned onward and for a moment, Akello considered leaving. He wasn't one to simply invite himself onto a scene just because it was supposedly abandoned. He hefted the knapsack further up a shoulder it was beginning to slip from, observing the darkness hidden beyond the door for any sign of life. At about the time he was to turn around and head off toward the caves Gabriel had mentioned, a smooth and sultrily inviting, though deceitfully so in truth, voice answered. A smile small lit his lips as he gently pushed the mansion's door further open and stepped into the cool interior.

He didn't spend much time examining the beauty of the manor, sparing perhaps only a glance to the rich nature preserved within before stepping further into the darker entranceway and turning his head upward. I'm sorry if I disturbed you, he apologised to the nameless, headless voice that had come from above clearly. He set his bag down by his feet, content to simply stand there unless otherwise directed, at least for the moment. I'm new 'round here; didn't know if it was private property or not. Figger, it's best to ask.

[/html]
[html]
Drawing a hand to her temple briefly, Corona rocked up onto her feet and out of the chair tiredly. Though she composed herself before she stepped out to the open hall overlooking the foyer and front door where the stranger stood, part of her longed to rest and part of her longed to keep going. Always pushing the envelope a little further. “No harm done,” she spoke, spying his silvery body from the moment she had ventured out of the room. Setting her elbows on the banister that ran the length of the hall, she studied him sharply with her gaze and offered him a smile. “And the house isn't private property. It's ours, and by ours, I mean Inferni's. You're welcome to any room here that isn't taken already.” He smelled of the sea; airy and of salty wood, a smell she had not encountered in many months.

“I take it that it was my brother who saw to you,” she went on to say as she tucked a stray bang behind her ear. “I'm Corona, the other half of the leadership here.” He didn't strike her as someone who needed to be told the order and structure of things, but it was worth being said just in case. Better safe than sorry, she thought she had been told once by either long gone parent. “And I'd have to say by the looks of you, you're some seafarer. Not that the smell doesn't tip me off, but it's been a while since I've come across a salty dog. What brings you here?” Uniqueness of profession aside, he was unique in appearance as well. Typical build of a coyote, also built for the high tide and rough waters, but she noticed the mismatched eyes and the black blaze.

Interesting genetics in that one, no doubt.
[/html]