this pain feels so good
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... blebot.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
I said I'd bug ya with a thread so here I am! (Big-.-')

Finally, Catherine was healing. The broken arm and ribs were nearly healed, but they still ached. Every breath she took, she felt a little pain in the left side of her chest. It was getting milder as the time passed, but it was annoying anyway. Both her arms swang besides her as she walked, the left covered with white cloth, but she wasn't worried about it. What was bugging her was her right eye, hidden with a red bandana that she found in the deep of her bag. It didn't matter either it was covered or not: it wouldn't see anyhow. In the fight she had with Cwmfen after she had fallen off a tree, she got bitten in the eye, which got deeply harmed. So much that it was now blind, with a pinky scar in it. She could only half open it, and not more than that, unfortunately.

Snarling in anger, she grabbed the red cloth off her head, showing the white, milky eye for no one. Her steps were making a sultred puff sound because of the wet, cold, earthy ground. She was having a hard time trying to see. The forest was soo dense and thick that there were any light inside it. All she had left was her ears and nose. But there was no sound to be heard - except by her breathing and the sounds of her walk - and no smell to be sensed. She was blinded there. Touching around, she found a tree and supported her back on it. Sighing, she sat on the tree's large roots, wondering what kind of tree it was, and why she would end up here.

She had left the tribe's boundaries for a while, and wait to came back with full health. She didn't allow herself to be seen with those injuries. She never did, even now that herand Leland had been so close. No way. She wasn't going to show that she hadn't been strong enough to contain the beast inside her. The beast that came along with her uncontrolable father and passed it to her. She growled angrily, hoping she did not have to leave this place and no one ever find her. She wanted to keep this monster rooten inside this dark, cold place, though she was the hoster of it. No, she didn't care. She would die with it here if necessary.

She looked up, her nose pointing toward the hidden sky, and cursed herself for what she did and for what she was now.

[/html]
[html]

cake hi! :]

cakeA blanket of white surrounded him, cloaking the trees and the sky above. The forest was thick enough to block out a good amount of light, and Bane -- half-blind as he was -- kept his other senses, the ones that worked flawlessly, perfectly alert with each step. This wasn't difficult. Watching and learning was something he had done his entire life; subtlety never escaped his sharp observational skills. He was currently returning from the coast, having visited to finish mapping out the area in his head. Nova Scotia wasn't much like what he was accustomed to, and he found these things interesting; it was too bad the lands over the mountain had been destroyed so thoroughly.

cakeHe felt the instinct nagging him in the back of his mind. With each step it got louder until he could smell her. Turning his head, watching, listening, he slowed until he could tell she was nearby; the smell brought Ember to mind, and he knew it must be a packmate of Miss Phoenix. It was the growl that caught him somewhat off-guard and he stepped easily over a fallen, rotting log towards the lady. She was visible now, through the trees, an odd assortment of dark and light grays striped over her fur, red hair hanging in her eyes. She looked upset. And rather obviously injured, on top of that. The burly black wolf stopped, watching her with an entirely neutral expression. "Hello," he said in an unobtrusive tone. His curiosity was a suffocating thing, and it reacted badly when he didn't tend to it. "Is something upsetting you?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... blebot.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Hello^^

Catherine was with a clear mind because of the karma, no thoughts in it, except her instincts that kept poking her inside that she wasn't alone there. It was beggining to get irritating untill her nose detected the smell of somebody else. Her ears sensed the sound of steps and later, the sound of a voice. With difficulty, she saw the other canine next to her. Its black pelt was hard to see in the darkness. She noticed him mostly because of his blue eyes. His voice had a curious tone in the deep, but it was still present. She looked at it, trying not to show her right eye.

"Uh, hello..." she said, with a dead, rough voice. She didn't know what to say to him, because her feelings and sensations were undescribable, so all she could say was: "I don't know..." And she silented, feeling that he wasn't going to let it end with just that. She tried to find the right way to explain it, but it failed.

[/html]
[html]

cakeThe events of the past month had left Bane's thought process a little scattered; it was rare for the dark wolf to experience anything remotely like confusion, much less for such a long period of time, but these things were to be expected when the world had proven itself to be vastly different than what you thought it was. No, not just thought -- knew. He wasn't fazed, really, just planning his next move, and how he should go about carrying it out. It was all irrelevant, though, all of it, and he continued to remind himself of this. He would learn what would happen when it was meant to happen; these things all came in time.

cake"The world works in mysterious ways, ma'am," Bane told her, watching her with his signature gaze, piercing and intent as if nothing in the world was quite so interesting as whoever he was looking at. He knew she was avoiding his question; she had been injured, and any decent doctor would've noticed it immediately. "Whatever happens was meant to, and we move on and wait for our time, because we are the chosen ones." Almost lazily, the ever-polite black wolf tilted his head, watching her still. His body was otherwise so still he may as well have been a statue. "I'm Bane Kiles. May I ask your name?"

[/html]
[html]
--

Catherine was speechless at the black wolf's words. They deepened inside her like an arrow, half breking her bitterness, but only a small part of it. She looked at the male's blue eyes, feeling the intensiveness of it. Turning her face to look better at him, her right side shown up, her deep, recent scar appearing. She scratched it lightly, the pinky mark aching a little. She mostly did it in a inquisitive way. 'Was it what he meant at "whatever happens was meant to"?' she thought, curious. Her thoughts were vanished at his question.

"Catherine. Catherine Joily. Nice to meet you." she replied simply at once. At first, she didn't undertand why she answered so quickly. It may be the habit. She is always so polite, and is usualyy the first one to introduce herself. Now, she wasn't caring much. She wished she had met such a polite wolf with a better mood than now she was. Sighing, she looked away, turning to the tree besides him.

[/html]
[html]

cakeSteadfast in his gaze and stance, at ease with the situation, Bane allowed himself to focus fully on the woman, the curiosity typical in his mannerisms. She was injured, that much was obvious. He could almost smell the blood, but he could in any given situation when he focused, whether it was there or not. But Bane was an observant man with eyes that saw much more than the physical, and this made it easy to tell that her physical injuries were the least of her worries.

cakeShe was polite, even in her mildly distressed state, and he smiled at her words, an expression that twisted his lips but didn’t quite reach his eyes; they were scrutinizing as always. He respected those who had manners, because they had respect as well. "Do you mind if I ask what’s bothering you?" The question was light, and the doctor found himself thinking of his working days, when queries such as the one he had just given her had been the basis of many long conversations. He was a curious creature, and it was, as always, genuine.

[/html]
[html]
--

Catherine was still feeling the male's gaze at her, she she wondered what was so interesting on her. He may would be staring on her injuries, trying to figure out what happened, or simply analysing her strange fur pattern. Whichever was the reason, she is wasn't caring. His stare was deeping inside her, like a X-Ray. It was scary, and weird.

"Well... " she started, but wasn't sure how to continue. It took a few minutes for her to think about it. She decided to be honest. "I guess it is mostly because of my mood problem... I usually lose my temper and I... attack the others. And I hate it. I literlly lose my mind, myself and do things I would never do." she explained, hoping that it was enough to explaine her wounds and temper. Anyway, she hoped it would not scare the black male. He looked to be a good guy.

[/html]
[html]

cakeWith the curiosity there in his steady blue eyes, the dark wolf listened and watched. Though a medical doctor, he found many things beyond medicine intriguing, things having to do with the sentient mind, things that were both morbid and disturbing but fascinating in his eyes. He had seen many things while on the island of snow, and had learned many things of men and the way they worked. When she told him her problem, he smiled in an interested way.

cake"Sounds as though that may be more than a mood problem, Miss Joily,” he told her. As he spoke, he tucked his hands in his pockets, head tilted slightly as he looked at her, the injured lady before him with the odd grey stripes. ”Where I come from, there is a sort of warrior known as a berserker. They wear the skins of bears they have killed as armour and fight with spears and polearms. When in battle, they go into a rage-fuelled trance and exist for nothing but for blood, for the kill. They are honoured,” he added, glancing up at the sky as he spoke, "as warriors when alive, and as martyrs when dead.” It was a thing he hadn’t thought of in some time. He had never treated many berserkers; more often than not, they ended up in the morgue. When they didn’t, they would refuse his assistance. "What you describe brings them to mind. Those I knew could control their fury to only release it in battle. Anything can be learned.”

[/html]
[html]
--

Catherine changed her position as the black male spoke. Those bersekers were somehow interesting, but frightening at the same time. As her case made the blue-eyed male think about those warroirs, them recalled her about her father, which reminded her about her mood problem. It was confusing, but made her wonder. Where her father one berseker? If so, would he pass this madness in battle to her? If he did, does that meant she could control it? If she could, so she wasn't going to harm anyone else. That trail of thought kept rolling until she had covered all the possibilities. The grayish female's eyes fell to the ground as she grunted, thinking about it out loud. A few seconds passed and she finally looked back to the male, her eyes glittering, even in the dark.

"Tell me more." she pleaded, wondering if his comments would help her to know how did those warriors controled that rage. Any information was welcome, and she knew he knew more, as he had known some of them. Her eyes sparkled, as they normally did when she was interested in something or someone, when she was about to learn something.

[/html]
[html]

cake"More?" Bane replied, smiling as he thought of these things. It had been a long time since he had seen their pure, unadulterated frenzy of fury in battle; when he had first arrived to serve his sentence, he had been bitter and had been wary of them. Since then he had learned that the most frightening thing about a berserker was their complete lack of concern for themselves. Nothing mattered so little in the heat of the battle. He no longer found them frightening. "I once watched a man lose an arm to a sword and continue to fight as though nothing had happened. He later died," the dark wolf added idly, looking up at what he could see of the sky through the trees. Blood loss was a common cause of death among these fabled warriors.

cake"They channel the spirit of the dead animal, the bear they wear on their backs. In order to become a berserker, a true one, they must first find that animal and kill it. Most die in the attempt; those who are successful are bestowed with the title in a later ceremony, where the heart and brain of the animal are eaten raw." Blue eyes focused back on the lady, Bane tilted his head slowly at her. "This interests you?" Curious.

[/html]
[html]
*lamp turns on above head* I've got a new plot! You'll get it reading my reply!

Catherine's eyes glittered in the dark with her interest with the rest of the information about those "bersekers", but made a face when he mentionated about one that lost the arm and kept fighting. She wondered a little, and knew it was it. Her father had relucted as she strangled him with her powerful jaws, one of his inherits to her. Like that mad state. Also, when she enbushed him, he was at ease, as if he hadn't killed Selly, Catherine's mother, like that simply never happened. But, when she attacked him, he got completely enraged. Those warriors really reminded her of him.

The grayish female straightned up, the sudden ovement making her ribs ache a little. His quesion busted her. She needed to make up an answer quickly, and a good one. "Oh. Well, I-I...I just think that it is important because... well, because... It's important to know more about other cultures and... because it remembers of my... father." she hardly couls finish, embarassed to admit that she might be daughter to one of those warriors. "My... father... in the short time I passed with him was enough for me to notice that he kind of acted like those warriors you are telling me about. I... I think he might be one of them." she finally let out her thoughts, acidentally too quickly. If she was right, all the information she could get woud be profit for her.

[/html]
[html]

cake Lol, we could always use more crazed bloodthirsty wolves at souls XD

cakeAs his question sunk in, the woman suddenly seemed overwhelmed, but her awkward reply nonetheless seemed genuine. Bane imagined berserkers weren't necessarily limited to the culture he had extracted himself from within the past year; they were likely more widespread, and known under many different names. He had always believed it to be a form of mental illness used, in cultures that idolised warriors, as an advantage. He didn't particularly care.

cake"It's possible," he mused in response. "I'm sure many have the potential, but never realise it. If you wish to control it, Miss Joily, you'll need to start practicing." As he spoke, he studied her face, as he had when he had first seen her; the injuries were blatant as they had been then, and he could no longer resist asking. "I assume you got those injuries from losing your temper, if you don't mind my asking?" Vaguely he wondered how much they hurt. If she could still walk and talk, it couldn't have been horrible; then again, he had seen soldiers walk off the battlefield in worse shape than some corpses he had tended to. Adrenaline could do amazing things.

[/html]
[html]

Ooc: Lol, sure ^3^

The grayish female couldn't help but to think how would she actually control that...feeling, state, whatever it was. It had been only once, and in that single time, it felt so out of conttrol, so unstoppable, so... deadly. If it really was what happened to her father, than it was certain it was deadly. No, she wasn't going to let it happen to her again. She would do whatever she had to do to control that... beast inside her mind. The main question was simple, but still intrigating: How? she questionated, with a pitch curious tone.

She was again got in short when he asked how did she get the wounds. 'Oh...', she thought. Yeah. Well, actually only the one in my eye. I lost control when I fell from a tree... I got very mad with myself and I wind up realizing it in someone who had nothing to do with that... It was hard to say that. She was completely ashamed of what she did, more than just feeling guilty, but she couldn't find a word that fitted that feeling. And she wouldn't try to find it right now, she had better and more important things to do. Do you now Cwnfem? Cwnfem nic Graine? she asked, thinking of the funny looking female. Her blue markings in the black main pelt, and the completely white eyes... 'Freaky' she thought, the super wave of guilty messing up her thoughts again.

[/html]
[html]

cake"I cannot tell you your path," Bane replied idly, as if wholly unconcerned with this. Figuring out control was her journey; the most he could do was listen. He believed that the strong would survive, and this applied to all aspects of life; if she truly wanted to learn to control herself, then she would. If she was meant to learn to control herself, she would. It was written, and nothing he said would matter in the end. She would walk there, where she had been guided.

cakeListening with interest to the woman's explanation, Bane absorbed in the name of the individual that had scarred up Catherine's eye. He didn't recognize it. There were few he met whose names he didn't collect for his mental records. It didn't occur to him to think of the blackbird he had met outside the hospital that night, when the snow had still coated the ground. "No," Bane replied, "I've never met anyone who goes by that name. Can you see out of it?"

[/html]
[html]

Ooc: Sorry the late ^^' Shall we finish the thread up?

The grayish woman felt her heart heavy because of the black male's words. Well, that was a pity. If she had an advise, just a small one, it would easy up all that thing. At least in her point of view. For her, that had suffered lots of things since her parent's death and had got help from the others, not receiving an advice was rather weird.

Oh, well, that's a bummer. she confessed, a little down. Are you sure. I must say, she kind of stand out, you know. she said, remembering of the weird blue marinkings in the fae's pitch black pelt, and the completely white eyes. Yes, the female really stand out, like herself. And no, it got blinded. She bit my eye. the woman spoke, scratching her enjuried eye lightly, somehow irritated with that. Besides, she was still trying to get used with only one working eye.

[/html]