lord knows i can change
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

private for aurèle; rabbit lake.
bear with my french when we get to it. I'm not fluent. ^^;

Even if the trees were far past the start of their healing process, there was no doubt that some sort of fire had ravaged through their home sometime in the past. In the dead of winter when the trees shook naked in the cold, they could not have begged the sun enough for the warmth to keep their leaves alive. No, every autumn, the trees witnessed the death of their own children, falling away from them one by one before being swept away by the breeze and taken on zephyrs to magical lands that a single tree could not uproot herself to see. Why Gaël felt that tinge of compassion he did not know, especially since the trees themselves were not able to experience such emotions anyway. He wasted too much thought on such menial things.

They had arrived and split up just a few days before. He could thrive just fine on his own, being the independent thing he was, but there was a constant worry in the back of his mind for his younger siblings that wandered the unfamiliar grounds elsewhere. Like one massive search party, the three of them had split up and planned to meet up again simply whenever they did. Was he an irresponsible brother for letting his brother and sister go off on their own? No. They were triplets, after all. Their first birthday was still a few months away, but Heath and Miriette were still two small, crying pups in his eyes. Regardless, the three were now split up, and Gaël trekked slowly over the lakeside, whose body appeared to have frozen over. He'd remained in his faster, smaller Secui form, feeling no need to draw attention to himself standing on two feet. He never knew how strangers would react to that--not all wolves they'd come across had been Luperci--and thus he melted into the background the best he could. He couldn't be killed, after all. How would Heath and Miriette find out?

For a long while he turned and stared down at his reflection in the lake's thick coating of ice. A rest was appropriate, he found. "C'est désespéré," he mumbled to himself, rolling his shoulders and hardly stifling the grand yawn that erupted.

[/html]
[html]
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7681/aurelepz7.png); background-position: center bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

I planned on cheating in this thread and just assuming they're speaking French. Tongue

She had been watching the boy for a few minutes now, having spotted him as she made her way by the lake. He was a peculiar looking if only for his face, and the half-circles that dropped below his eyes. For Aurèle, whom bore no outstanding markings outside of the faint traces of blonde in her coat, she found these unique patterns interesting. It was not until the wind turned and carried his voice that she became truly interested; though she could not hear all he had said, she heard enough.
     Trotting forward, her long legs carried her quickly towards him. His size did not bother her; Aurèle was larger then even her sister, though their weight had reversed since she had been living on the road. “[I wouldn’t recommend sleeping out in the open,]” she said, offering a faint and almost condescending smile. Still, she was interested, and for that reason alone she would hold his company.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Understood! I'm a French student though and I'd like to use this as practice; I'll have the english translation available if you hover over the french words, if that's okay. ^^;

The sound of another voice was a bit of a surprise for him, especially considering that he hadn't detected a soul out in the winter wasteland he'd stopped to rest in. Turquoise eyes flashed over his shoulder at the approaching voice and he immediately stepped up to his feet and turned around, the hybrid boy always on the defensive when it came to strangers. Her smile was condescending and the energy that surrounded her sent him strange, mixed symbols; Gaël remained standing and watching her cautiously as she drew closer, though she appeared to be of no present threat. A wandering girl with unrequested advice, it seemed.

"Vous parlez français," he said gruffly, raising his head in a slight and mild interest. He hadn't expected to find another who spoke his language so comfortably, but then again, he still did not know the ways of the land he was walking on. For a moment he paused, tail swaying slowly from side to side in a cautious discomfort. The boy's tone, however, remained calm and at ease. "Est-ce que c'est dangereux ici? Votre nom... qu'est-ce que c'est?"

[/html]
[html]

She smiled faintly as he spoke, recognizing their dialects were very different and the boy was, more then likely, not from the area she was born. In a small way, this reassured her. Most of the people who had survived the fire she had no business in seeing. One in particular, though, oh she was aching for the day she would find—
     The wind hit her in the face, cold and unforgiving. She blinked, and regarded the boy quietly for a moment more. “[It is as dangerous as any other place. Some of the people here are just more dangerous then others.]” She mentioned no names and gave no further information. What she did know was privileged, and that which was not she would gladly trade. “[Aurèle,]” she offered after a pause. “[You are?]”

[/html]
[html]
She had him on edge somehow, even if he couldn't explain why. It felt as if something lurked beneath the surface of this girl, but Gaël had always tried not to rely on first impressions or gut feelings to understand strangers. She did seem to suppress something he didn't know, however, which meant information. The only reason Gaël ventured such "dangerous" lands was to learn that which he did not already know; his quest, like his siblings, was to find and sort answers. Piece the pieces together that would send them to their next destination. Suppressed information, whatever it was, both intrigued and perplexed him.

"Gaël," he said quietly, nodding his head in a somewhat 'proper' motion of greeting. his eyes and expression remained serious, perpetually poised and on the alert for reasons unknown. "S'il vous plaît, dites-moi. Y a-t-il quelque chose que je devrais être au courant de cet endroit?" A bit demanding, perhaps, but the boy requested nonetheless. "Je cherche pour des réponses à quelque chose... n'importe quelles réponses."

[/html]
[html]

The boy struck her as peculiar, though not in the way that Bane had done so. No, this young man (and very young at that) was here with some dire purpose. She smiled, but her eyes remained like stone—she would be friendly enough, but had no patience for mouthy children. “[All you need to know is that the people here are remarkably violent. Even children your age,]” she added, flicking an ear.
     “[What are you looking for, exactly?]”

[/html]
[html]

The boy found himself mildly surprised at her response. Gaël had enough fighting experience to save him in the short run, but at his age, his skills were not weaned into proper use. He was gentle and smart enough to avoid claimed packlands that could've gotten him in trouble with protective or otherwise testy pack members. His head lowered at her comment; instincts told him he was unsafe all of a sudden, but yet the duel-blooded boy did not move. "Ma soeur, mon frère, et moi, nous cherchons... pour notre père." His expression stiffened; he himself did not approve of the idea. He hardly wanted to find the disgusting creature who had raped and later killed their mother, let alone find out that he was even still alive anymore. Heath and Miriette were more focused on scavenging the grounds, picking out pack locations and other land formations that they could use to their advantage or piece together for answers later. Gaël, however, stuck more to the point whenever he could... he just wanted to get their silly, hopeless search mission over with and go home. "Il y a une grande cicatrice sur son oeil gauche ... et il est couvert avec les cicatrices partout d'autre, aussi. L'avez-vous vu?" The boy didn't even know his father's name.
[/html]
[html]

Fail post is of fail.

The woman studied her companion with the patience of a hunting cat. She smiled calmly, listening to the explanation that was offered, studying the way the boy’s facial features changed. Flicking one ear almost lazily, she shrugged. “[I have not seen any man that looks like that here,]” she answered, and tilted her head slightly to observe the boy further. His eyes were remarkable, and nearly as unique as the rings around them. “[You might want to ask the pack wolves—someone might have seen him.]”

[/html]
[html]
This is old, so I think I'll get it closed. @_@

Ultimately, she was right. Gaël had wanted to avoid traipsing around on packlands if at all possible, wary of any negative results or short-tempered defenders that would be at his heels. The hybrid himself could fight, but despite his big bones and rather unusually large frame, he was more of a gentle giant and a philosopher more than anything else. Then again, he had his own history with a short temper, and he'd had his share of fights and quarrels... even if most of them were with Heath.

He was a little discouraged at her words, but the boy nodded and smiled his turquoise eyes at her instead. "Je l'essaierai, alors... merci." He paused, nodded his head in some sort of appropriate farewell: "Il était agréable de vous rencontrer." That said, he turned on his heels rather quickly, anxious to leave, and skidaddled in any convenient direction that wasn't here.

[/html]