I'm just you, you're just me
[html]
set in the skip caves Big Grin

It was cold today. Again. Haven was just so sick of all this cold and snow! The snow had been fun at first, and now that he was growing it was easier to walk in, but still! He had had just about enough of it now and was ready for warmer weather. He wanted to see how green everything would be. All the adults said that spring was beautiful. Everything blooming and green and the birds would sing. It sounded so wonderful to him and he could imagine it all in his mind even though he had never seen it before.

To avoid getting completely covered in snow while playing today he had taken to exploring the other caves that were near to the family den. Until today he had never really paid too much attention to them but they were pretty neat! All connected and different shapes and sizes. The boy had just assumed they would all be like their den. All of the skulking through caves had his imagination running wild. Today instead of being the valiant knight he was a monstrous dragon. Not a mean one though. Just one that liked shiny things and to fly high up in the sky.

Surprisingly enough something glinted just ahead of him. The pup pounced upon in, catching it underneath his front paws. Slowly he lifted one paw up so he could take a look at what he had found. It was a shiny gold coin! Oh boy! Just what a dragon like him loved! He curled his body around the coin and examined it closer, its color reflecting in his eyes.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Hai, brother :3 300+

Brooklyn was bored. It kept snowing, on and on, until she couldn't tell one tree from another. It had a slightly fairyland quality to it, but she honestly couldn't even muster the excitement any more, not even for the benefit of others. Did it really have to be this cold and white? When was the sun going to come back? Sighing, the pup started exploring the den, although by now she knew it inside and out. It held little surprise for her, but maybe if she found someone to play with, they could pretend to be exploring some other pack. Brightening at the though, the female started trotting around, trying to find someone. The obvious choice would be a sibling, but sometimes the adults were nice too. She liked Savina and Kansas, they always paid attention to her. Today, though, it seemed that neither of them was around.

Putting her nose to the ground, Brooklyn tried to pick up a fresh scent. It took a while, but there is was! Haven. Wagging her tail, she went out of the den and into the snow. Cold. She didn't like this very much. Thankfully, her brother seemed to have been leaving marks in the snow. Trying to match them, the pup tried to hurry to get to him. They'd have so much fun together! He seemed to have been going towards the caves. Was there something that interesting there? Shaking herself, Brooklyn walked slowly inside. His scent was stronger here. She followed it carefully, trying to make as little sound as possible.

There he was! Grinning, Brooklyn hid behind a rock and wagged her tail. He seemed to be looking at something. His attention was wholly fixed on whatever that thing was and an idea came into her head. Grinning, she lowered herself until her chest was level with the floor of the cave and called out in the strongest voice she could muster, Fee fi fu fom, who's this stranger in my home? Brooklyn tried not to giggle. It would just spoil the whole thing!

[/html]
[html]
300+

The gold was very pretty, and so shiny! No wonder dragons liked the stuff so much. He was a dragon now, so of course he liked it. He wanted more though. If one coin was pretty think of how pretty a bunch of coins and other shiny things would be? Then he could lay on top of it and sleep when he wasn't flying around and eating roasted elk and deer. The burnt orange dragonpuppy was so engrossed in his thoughts of coins and gold that he failed to hear someone enter his cave. They were being quite sneaky however, so who knows if he would have even noticed to begin with.

In his head, despite the lowered voice, he knew that it was his sister Brooklyn who had just called out to him. But this was a game, and Haven was great at games. Especially these kind of games. He wasn't the wolf pup Haven but a large menacing dragon. And it wasn't his sister Brooklyn in here, but some intruder. Maybe it was a knight, or some human trying to come and steal his coin. Well, he just couldn't stand for that! Lips curled up to reveal a hundred long sword-like teeth and smoke came from his nostrils. He rose to his feet and put out his chest, looking in the direction of the voice. "You're a stranger in my home. If you know what's good for you, you'll leave! Otherwise I'll have to burn you to a crisp and eat you for dinner!" It was fun being the dragon this time around! Of course his real ambition would always be to be a brave and strong knight, but being the dragon had it's benefits too!

Internally he hoped that Brooklyn didn't actually think that he was angry and going to hurt her. She was smart enough to know that he couldn't burn her to a crisp and eat her, so hopefully she would understand that before her was a big scary dragon. What she had said sounded kinda like an ogre. Maybe that's what she was! He'd never heard of a dragon and ogre fighting before, but that could be neat!

[/html]
[html]

OOC: 300+

Brooklyn wasn't entirely sure if ogres did much else except like on top of beanstalks and eat stupid boys named Jack. They weren't nearly as good as dragons, but now that Haven had taken that role, she couldn't exactly decide she wanted to be one too. She liked playing pretend like this. It was always so much fun, especially when others joined in. She could imagine herself as an ogre, too. She'd be ten times as big as the mansion, and fierce, with a large forehead and dark beady eyes. She'd smell funny from all the human meat she ate and she'd make so much noise walking that the ground would shake. Brooklyn wondered why an ogre would want a dragon, though. Maybe for a pet? Yeah, that would be so cool. She'd get something to keep and all the gold, too!

The white pup peered around the rock and noticed her brother. Except it wasn't her brother, he was a fierce dragon. She knew they were just pretending, but this was what everything was about. They were young enough that no major cares would disturb their peace and games. When Haven opened his mouth, she imagined rows upon rows of daggers which could tear the flesh off anyone. Jumping out from behind her hiding spot, the small white female imagined herself as shaking the ground beneath her feet. There would small rocks crumbling from the walls of the cave and her loud voice would echo to the depths of the earth. You can't defeat me! I am bigger than you and much stronger. You are like a bigger lizard to me! Ho ho ho! This was much better than anything she'd tried before! Brooklyn liked being the bad guy more than the princess. Mati could be the princess if she wanted to.

She hoped that her brother wouldn't just give up. Ogres could be lying, and if he was as smart as she thought him to be, he would realise immediately that she was just lying to get him to give up. That's what an ogre would do for sure! What Brooklyn wanted was a game where they'd fight to the death and see who won the mountain of gold. Even if the ogre was just a white pup, the dragon her orange brother and the mountain of gold a piece of shiny metal, Brooklyn was convinced this was the best kind of fairytale ever.

[/html]
[html]
This is wonderful X3
300+

As the ogre jumped out from behind the rock the whole cave shook, sending little rocks and pebbles everywhere. Some hit him, but his thick scales protected him so well that he barely even felt them. In his mind the cave was humongous, not the tiny little one they were actually standing in. In fact it would be tall enough for him to fly. A glint was in the dragon's green eyes and he smirked at the ogre, smoke rising from his nostrils. Ogres were notorious liars and he knew this. She might have size on him, but he was more well armored. Not only that but he could breath fire and fly. Their size and strength wouldn't count for much against his weapons and advantages.

"Oh, I think I can defeat you. You may be big but I have better powers on my side. Like these." At those words his wings were furled out, making him look fearsome. Then taking a deep breath, a white hot jet of flame came from his mouth. It didn't hit the ogre, but it was close enough that it would be able to feel the heat from it. Closing his mouth so the flame would cease he grinned. "I also have sharp teeth and claws to tear at you with. Your skin is soft but I am covered with thick strong scales! You're nothing but a big stupid oaf to me!" His aim was to hurt the ogre's pride and make her afraid. "So you foolish ogre, going to run home and cry? Or do I have to give you a reason to cry first?" The dragon was not afraid. He was bold and confident. If they really wanted a fight then it is a fight they would get. Wings and claws flexed, ready to take off at the first sign of attack.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: They are completely and utterly adorable <3 300+

The dragon was bigger than she'd thought. But no matter. She was an ogre, with thick skin that smelled bad and with big, strong fists that could crush most animals like straws. Brooklyn knew she wouldn't be able to crush the dragon, but perhaps if she could get her arm around its neck and squeeze, she would cut out the air and kill it. Then she would mount its head on a wall and take back all the gold. What the dragon didn't know was that the filthy cloth hanging around its body hid a couple of large daggers. She grinned, showing teeth yellow and a breath as foul as a million dead bodies.

However, she had not expected the fire attack. While it didn't hit her, Brooklyn knew that when the dragon would do it again, the hair on her head would catch fire. No matter. Perhaps she could get to the dragon before he could hurt her. You think I am afraid, lizard? You show off! There is a limit to how long you can breathe fire for. There is none to my strength. She threw her head back and laughed, a horrible sound, like nails dragged on a blackboard. This pathetic creature, defeat her? She was queen of the ogres! She was the most powerful there ever had been. You don't scare me, dragon. I am stronger than you. Your fire and your pathetic claws are no match against my strength. I will tear you limb from limb! With a deafening roar, Brooklyn charged at the dragon, her large feet bouncing almost nimbly on the ground. She wanted to go for the throat, hoping to make a shot of the chest if nothing else. Pulling out a dagger, she shouted an incoherent battle cry and pelted full-speed at the orange dragon.

[/html]
[html]

So, his insults hadn't worked as well as he had hoped. No matter. The words he had spoken hadn't been empty. He truly wasn't afraid of her. The dragons wasn't underestimating her, but he wasn't worried either. In his mind all of his powers and advantages were better than her's. Besides, this was his gold he was protecting. She may have been trying to get it, but he was the one who was really fighting for something. To dragon's their hoards were very important. They would burn down whole villages if even one piece was pilfered. The ogre would burn before she touched even a single coin.

Eyes flashed as the creature charged towards him. Her charge would be in vain. Before she could reach him he flapped his massive bat-like wings and took into the higher reaches of the large cave. Really, Haven had only run to the side of his sister and jumped onto the rock that she had previously hidden behind, but that's not what either of the pups saw. Once airborne he turned towards the ogre. He took a massive breath and then unleashed fiery hell from his mouth. With all of the flames he was breathing he could see her, but he was aiming in her direction.

[/html]
[html]

The ogre had not expected the aerial attack. A gross miscalculation on her part, for the dragon now had the advantage. She skidded against the rocks in the cave, growling at the lizard. Her large body meant she couldn't turn around so quickly, making her vulnerable to his fire breath. She was an ogre, she should have been able to squash him like a bug! She wanted that gold too. It never really occurred to ogres to share anything. Why should they? They had castles in the sky and a fearsome reputation. Why should the dragons not fear them too? They could fly and spit fire, but ogres were masters of destruction. They could trample whole villages and not flinch. No animal could stand in their path.

To any outsider, the two mighty warriors were just puppies. But to Brooklyn, Haven was a fierce dragon, possessive of his gold and she was a big smelly ogre, ready to fight him to the death for the same prize. Her eyes widened when she saw the massive chest expanding with breath and took a few steps back as the flames roared towards her. She flattened herself against the ground, but with her bulk, the fire singed the top of her hair and burned her back. Her thick skin helped a bit, but it would not last long. Howling with pain, the ogre warrior lunged at the dragon again, her dagger out and ready to draw blood. In reality, Brooklyn was scrabbling at the rock with her claws, pretending not to be able to reach Haven. But that was reality and it was boring. Being an ogre warrior was so much cooler!

[/html]
[html]

Pah! The thought of a dragon being afraid of an ogre was such a silly thought! It would take one cowardly dragon to be afraid of an ogre, and as far as he was concerned that would make them no dragon at all. Dragons were fierce creatures, not afraid of anything (except maybe strong, brave knights). Sure, she had daggers, but they were not swords. She didn't have a shield to protect her. She was too big to be able to get on top of him and stab his back or neck. No, this fight would be nothing like fighting a knight, so he was not afraid.

The howls of pain were music to his ears. That would show that foolish ogre what happened when you messed with fire. If he won she would make quite the tasty dinner. She was so big she might even make two! He could feel his mouth water at the thought, but his focus was still on the battle that was happening right now. The dragon was surprised to see her lunge at him, but it was futile. He just flew higher and she couldn't reach him. But then he swooped down onto her back, clawing at her and biting at her ears with razor sharp talons and teeth.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the wait! 300+

The ogre knew it had lost. The dragon was not that big, but in this cave there was enough space to fly away. And indeed it was exactly what it was doing, just out of reach of her daggers. The burns still hurt and if she ever came out of this alive, there would be scars to remind her of her greed and foolishness. However, when the orange dragon swooped down on her, the ogre knew that her time was up. Her ears bled and she shrieked once more with pain. It all blurred before her eyes, a kaleidoscope of colour, sound and the smell of her own fear. The claws dug into her thick skin and she felt herself tumbling on her back, the grit and rocks of the cavern floor lodging themselves between folds of fat, rubbing away. The ogre was defeated. The agony of the loss was not nearly as bad as the physical pain and mortal danger she was in, but still she felt that she had lost more through defeat than her life. For an ogre, intelligence was not the key: this particular one had lost to its greed and utter stubbornness.

Brooklyn opened her eyes and looked at her brother. Well, there they were, the invincible dragon and the dead ogre. In their pretend world, she knew that she had become dragon food for a good long while. However, here and now, she was with her brother and she felt so much better for it. Smiling at him, she pointed out, I know you won and you get to keep your gold, but get off! You're heavy for a dragon, Haven! The white pup wagged her tail and the light in her eyes clearly indicated she was joking. But it had been such a fun thing to do! Brooklyn could only hope that they would be able to play again together in the future. Right now, she wanted to see how Haven had been doing. She'd really missed talking to her brother.

[/html]
[html]
No worries! :3

As the dragon tasted the ogres blood and heard her screams of pain and fear he knew that victory had been won. Not that he thought the outcome would have been any different. He had chosen this cave as his lair for a very good reason, that it was tall enough that he could fly in it. While he had the aerial advantage no one would ever be able to defeat him and take his precious gold. This ogre queen had been foolish enough to think that her size and strength would help her and now she was paying the price for her greed. The dragon knew he could not lose. Not in his own lair with all the advantages stacked in his favor. The ending had been inevitable.

Then the voice of his sister broke through the fog of their fantasy world. Her white ear was held between his teeth and he was laying on top of her. Releasing her ear he jumped off of Brooklyn and looked down at her, flashing a toothy grin. "I wouldn't have been much of a dragon if I wasn't heavy, now would I?" It had been a lot of fun playing imaginary games with her. He could be more rough and tumble with Brooklyn than either Mati or Salem. Pink tongue gave her nose a loving lick. "So what have you been up to, huh? I haven't seen you in forever!" It really had been a long time since they had played just the two of them. She was like him in that she liked to go off and explore on her own.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: 300+

Brooklyn got off the floor of the cave and shook herself, dust rising from her white coat and making her sneeze. For all they'd been playing around, she didn't feel tired at all. Indeed, she would have continued the fight were it really possible for the ogre queen not to be burned to a crisp. Technically she had died trying to steal the dragon's gold, which only meant that if they decided to start playing again she would have to devise a different scenario. For now, though, she was perfectly content with just talking to Haven. Sitting down, she curled her tail around her legs and smiled at her brother. How much they'd grown. She could not remember much of their early days as pups and indeed she liked it better now, when she could articulate proper sentences to express how she felt. She missed Haven a lot when they weren't together and out of all four of them, he was her favourite. It was pretty obvious, but Brooklyn didn't feel guilty over it. She loved her whole family, she just happened to love her orange brother the most.

Ogres are bigger sometimes, you know. This time I didn't choose that big a danger to you. I'll get your cold next time! When he licked her nose, she wagged her tail and affectionately nudged him back. His question made her pause for a moment to think. What had she been up to, indeed. Well, mostly she'd been bored, if that was what he meant. The winter needed to end already, so she would go swimming in the lake and explore the lands further from Crimson Dreams. It's been a bit boring. I've missed you a lot. I want to go out exploring and see some of the other packs. How about you? Do you have any interesting adventures to tell me about? Brooklyn would have liked to join Haven on his journeys, but he had always been the more reckless of the two. She thought this through, whereas he relied on his bravery to save him. She had to admire that about him. She did admire it, in fact. She liked it quite a lot, it always made her slightly more curious about what was out there.

[/html]
[html]
lol, seems like Haven's everyone's favorite xD
300+

Haven also was far from being tired from their little game. It took much more than that to wear the orange boy out. But it was good to have a chance to just sit down and talk with Brooklyn. He loved talking just as much as he loved to play. Besides, it was his sister and he wanted to make sure her life was going well! He didn't think anything would be wrong. Everything in the pack was fine and everyone was happy, so there wouldn't be any reasons like that for her to not be okay. Regardless, if there ever was anything wrong he would be there for her. While he might think of himself as specifically Mati's protector, he was the protector of his whole family. He wanted to always be the one to make sure they were safe.

His tail swept the floor as he chuckled at her response. "Well, well, we'll just have to see about that! I don't think there's anything that could really defeat a dragon, except a knight. But I'm just as much a knight as a dragon, so I know all the tricks!" He was only ever boastful like this around his siblings. They knew that he wasn't full of himself and he was just goofing around. Bi-colored ears dipped for a moment as she said that she missed him. The Aatte pup had been running around quite a bit as of late. He really should spend more time at home. "I've missed you too. I promise to stick around more, but you should come with me one of these times! I know you'd have fun!" Brooklyn wouldn't be as nervous as Mati would be traveling far, and he didn't like putting their brown sister in uncomfortable situations.

"Me? Well, I went and saw one of the packs up north. It was called...uh...Dahlia de Mai! There was a nice wolf named Ril'o there. And I've been to Inferni a couple times. I have a friend there, her name is Siobhan. She's really, really nice. I also met a little pup that was smaller than us named Valkyrie and her momma. We played the question game." Haven loved talking about all his little trips and adventures. Maybe it would encourage Brooklyn to come with him next time!

[/html]
[html]

OOC: 300+ Closing this.

Between the lot of them, Brooklyn regarded herself and her brother as the ones most likely to do something worthwhile as adults. That was not to say that Mati and Salem were useless, more that she did not consider them adventurous enough. They were always so cautious, especially Mati. She liked her safety zones and while Brooklyn could appreciate something like that, she found it unbelievably dull. Where was the danger? Where was the sense of fear, of running away from mean monsters? Well, it did not matter, whatever happened, she still had Haven and he would always be there for her. That much Brooklyn could be sure of.

Hey, that's not fair and you know it! You can't be two at once, because then you're cheating. I didn't say I was more than an ogre! There was no real anger in the girl's voice. She didn't think that her brother was cheating, not really, but sometimes it was fun teasing her sibling like that. When he gave his word to spend more time with her, the white female smiled and wagged her tail, the dust stirring up again, a movement she thoroughly ignored. The more he explained his travels, the more envious she became. So while she'd been all hidden away in the mansion, exploring little corners and chasing mice around, he had been having such amazing adventures! Well, that wasn't fair at all, now was it?

Wow, Haven, you really have been exploring and no mistake! I can't believe that you've been wondering so far. I really wish I had come with you, you know. You were so much more adventurous than me! Brooklyn got up and shook herself a little longer. The day was still young and Haven needed to tell her all about these packs he'd seen. Come on, let's go, I wanna find out more about your adventures. With a wag of her tail, the white pup was off, leaving her brother to follow if he chose.

[/html]