Into the Fire (J)
1. Character Name: Legion
2. Character Birthdate (including year): June 6, 2006
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
4. Gender: Male
5. A secondary form of contact – YIM - autiefluff
6. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Jasanni XD LOVES ON HER!
7. Initial post: (OOC - Sorry for brevity...I'm terrible at intro posts XD)

Silent footsteps barely disturbed the earth beneath white-furred paws. The sunlight was beginning to fail as dusk approached, warmth along the horizon cooling into deep blues in the sky above. Legion’s dark eyes, set in his coat of purest white, surveyed the land with utmost curiosity and intensity as he neared the borders of Crimson Dreams. He knew pack lands before he was on them, the scents were like flags upon the air. His tail wagged ever slightly as he reached the boundaries, wondering what forms of creatures he would discover there. Perhaps what creatures he could manipulate there, if one could slip into the mindset of the twisted young male and read his thoughts.

Slowly, his lithe body slipped across the line that declared he was now within Crimson Dreams, the lush vegetation surrounding him ablaze with firey light as the sun bowed behind the curtains of the world’s edge, and began perusing the area while in wait for a reception.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Hello Smile Welcome to Souls Smile

pushitinSoran's day had been fairly productive she thought, she had done her pack duty, taking stock of their supplies and going out hunting for more, she felt that she had been useful for once. Now the ebony grandmother was trying to unwind, she was still in her four-legged form as she wandered through the lands, now that the cold of night was rolling in across the lands her forleg was aching slightly more, not enough to impair her walking, but enough so that the obsidian fae noticed it as she walked through the lands. She stretched out, her tail wagging slightly at the sound of the remaining snow crunching beneath her paws. The sun was falling down towards the horizon now, the lady raised her dark head to the sky and watched the changing colours for a moment, the silver hoops in her left ear catching the sunlight and glinting brightly. As she walked she mused, mused over her grandchildren, her packmates, her pups, the former subjects were cheerful ones, the young pups were all so delightful and growing quickly, they were the ebony lady's pride and joy, and her packmates, they were such a nice bunch of wolves, they seemed like a strong pack, they had lasted well through the winter, she was sure they withstand most things. Her own children were a less happy subject though, they were all lost and broken, she had no idea where to even start looking for them, that knowledge worried the ebony female more than she coudl describe.

pushitinSoran was soon snapped from her reverie though by the sight of a snowy coloured wolf just up ahead, inside the lands. A zephyr that blew through the lands brought his scent with it, he was not a new member of the pack that she had not met yet then, his scent was too different from theirs, he was a stranger. The jade eyed lady sped up her walking pace, trotting quickly towards where this new wolf was pacing. As she reached him she slowed down to a halt, standing just a few metres away from him. A small part of the dark fae's mind was annoyed, he had simply wandered onto the lands without much regard for their borders, but then again she ahd done the same before with other packs, perhaps he had made a mistake, or perhaps he was lost? Either way she had no problem being polite to the snow-furred male that stood before her.
"Hello there, are you lost?” Soran asked politely, a welcoming smile playing on her lips.
[/html]
Eeee thank you! :3

He had not gotten very far, his typical lupine form (the most unimposing, he figured, was best for introductions) seeming to blend with the fading snow, before a dark blot made itself known as an older female. He grinned to show pearly ivories, thinking to himself that the pack's security was good. Already, he was impressed.

His midnight eyes appraised the wolf before him, dying sunlight winking from her silver hoops and just slightly illuminating her jade-colored eyes. She was impressive for an older female, and looked like one deserving of respect. He dipped his muzzle languidly in deference, ragged-edged ears bending back against his skull in submission, and replied to the kindly question in his silky baritone voice, "Not lost, lady...at least when one doesn't have a place to call their own." He pulled his haunches forward and flopped onto his rear, one hindleg underneath him, the other splayed out to the side, in a seemingly casual seat on the frigid earth. One might think the gesture that of a defiant teenager, but this was simply Legion's way. "Which is precisely what I came here seeking, if any amount of space might be filled by a young stranger as myself." Obviously he wasn't one to wait, and rather got straight to the point instead of dancing around it.

Again, a smile splayed itself across his lithe features as he waited patiently for the jet-pelted female to speak. "My name is Legion, and it is a pleasure."
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
You're welcome Smile

pushitinThe male impressed Soran already, by dropping his head as a sign of submission. The obsidian fae was not one for grand formal greetings as a general rule, she supposed that was because she had always seen the pack as a family, they were all friends and although rank mattered it was not the be all and end all of their existance here. But this snowy male did not know that, and Soran was pleased that he greeted her with respect, regardless of knowing who she was. The dark female tipped her head for a moment in acknowledgement of his polite greeting, before raising her head once again and viewing him with a smile. Once he had sat down the grandmother decided that it was safe for her to do as well, he seemed warm and friendly enough, she doubted that she would have to drag him out of the lands by the scruff of his neck, and the way that he had sat down suggested that he was not here to make trouble at all. And so Soran sat down as well, sitting more neatly than he did though, her front paws crossed over, her right foreleg over her left, hiding the old scar on her left leg. Velvet ears shifted over her dark skull as the male spoke, twisting to catch the sound of his voice. So he was not lost? Ahhh, he had come here seeking a place to live, well that was fair enough, Crimson Dreams was a fine pack, the best in Soran's eyes, and she was always glad to see a newcomer wanting to come and boost their numbers further.

pushitinThe male spoke again and introduced himself, Legion, a name that she had not encountered upon a wolf before, though the word was one that she recognised, she was sure she had read in one of her many books back in the Manor. So this Legion wanted to join the pack, well that was marvellous, though she knew now that even if she asked him questions it was not up to her to chose whether or not he was allowed to stay, it was a shame, the lady remembered the old Bleeding Souls lands, where she had been a Gamma wolf and would have been able to question Legion all that she wanted and then accept him without having to call for anyone else. Not that the dark lady minded her current rank, she had been away for a great deal of time before she joined the pack and she had not expected to be given any special treatment, plus she felt she slotted in nicely to the ranks just where she was. The only time that she missed being a very high ranking wolf was when it came to moments like this, when she was faced with a newcomer.
"It is very nice to meet you Legion. My name is Soran Aatte and I am a Sergeant around these parts.” The lady replied warmly, this male seemed most pleasant, and she was happy to talk to him, quiz him a little before she called for her Master Sergeant or one of the leaders.
"So you want to join Crimson Dreams do you? Oh that's the name of the pack." The lady added the last part in an explanitory tone, realising that simply dropping a name might not always help a newcomer work out where they were. "So what do you feel you can offer our pack? Do you have any skills that could be of use to us Legion?" The lady asked, still smiling warmly.
[/html]
The fact that the elder decided to seat herself made Legion feel much more at ease. It meant that she didn't feel threatened, and was comfortable with him. All the better, for all his height, he was not the most intimidating of sorts, being very lean and lankier in build. He noticed her very eloquent poise, something born of good breeding and dignity. In his upbringing, such things were strictly enforced, for it was a thing of correctness and pride, but he often purposefully railed against the rules, which earned him his fair share of punishment. Among other things. Though most of his scars were hidden in his lush fur, those on his face, where the fur was sparse, easily showed themselves. Not to mention his ears, both of which sported tears from cleverly placed fangs.

But his thoughts were far from that as the ebony wolf named herself. "Soran..." he repeated, letting the word roll off his tongue. He liked it, and while his typical custom was to give those he met a nickname, he did not know her well, nor did he want to come off as disrespectful, so he reined in that particular behavior. A sergeant...so, she could not allow him acceptance, but still, he could get himself acquainted with his possible future packmate. "...a lovely name, and the pack's as well." Legion was an excellent flatterer. And as he mulled the pack name over in his mind, he felt it satisfactory. Like dreams of blood, hunting...but his thoughts were not allowed to roam far before she began to interrogate him, as was tradition. After all, what use would he be to the pack without skills?

"Aye, good lady, I have a few humble skills to put to use!" Ebony lips smiled almost flirtatiously with another bow. "I can't say I am the most skilled of hunters, but I think my greatest asset lies here." He lifted his right forepaw to gesture to his cranium. "I was taught to read in youth, and am quite knowledgeable, a fair strategist, and an eager learner...not to mention easily adaptable. Not a half bad fighter, either, should the skill be required." He winked genially, though he'd been rather modest when it came to mentioning his fighting skill. Where he'd come from, that had been part of his training since youth, as the beliefs of his former mates were...less than savory to most. But it was true about his thirst for knowledge, as he'd spent much of his time to himself poring over books on various subjects from leftover human literature. Some packs thought that a useless trait, but it was those tomes that held so much about survival within. He'd hoped his few good traits would be enough to gain him favor in Crimson Dreams, and looked hopefully into the jade eyes peacfully watching him.
[html]

pushitinSoran allowed her gaze to fall over the male again as he spoke, his ears were tattered, and he was scarred in places, that wasn't an unusual trait around these lands, many wolves bore the scars of their past, even if not physically then emotionally and in their personality. The ebony lady herself bore scars of her life both away from these lands and within them, her face was lined with a scar that ran from her right ear, down past her right eye and across her muzzle, a present from her father and her pierced ear, well the piercings had been devices to hold it together at one point, it had been practically torn off in a fight and she had had to stitch it all back together at least twice, luckily those scars had faded and were mostly hidden underneath her fur now. So Legion's appearence did not worry or startled the dark fae at all, she saw his scars as a mark of a life that had been lived, even if it was not a potentially nice life. It seemed that Legion was a skilled flatterer, complimenting her name and then the pack's, she had never really considered her name to be anything special, it was simply something she had been given by her mother, in her five long years of life she had never really given it much thought, though she supposed that it wasn't a bad name. Crimson Dreams was a name that she could agree that she liked though, she was proud of her almost-daughter for choosing such a nice name, the pack had been named Twilight Vale when Soran had left, but she hadn't expected Naniko to keep it that way once her son had left, and the new name suited it nicely.
"Why thankyou, I think that your name is interesting as well, Legion.” Soran replied, leaning forwards slightly now, relaxing her stance more, she was quite comfortable chatting with this snowy-pelted male.
pushitinSoran was glad to hear that the male was skilled in some ways, hunters were always needed in a pack this size, they needed to eat after all, the ebony lady would be glad of a hunting partner once the Spring rolled around, there would be plenty of prey, too much for individual wolves to catch alone, working in a team would be most useful. Then the male spoke again and the ebony fae found herself instantly delighted by what he said, he could read! Oh wonderful, he would fit right in, well at least with a bookworm like herself.
"Oh how wonderful, you read? Reading is one of my passions as well, I do find that having that level of intellegence comes in handy when living in packs. And as for being easily adaptable I would say that was a helpful skill to have, it's often that I have had to have many roles within a pack, helping out with pups, hunting, fishing and mapping the lands and the like." The lady declared warmly, her excitement at finding a fellow reader glittering in her green eyes as she spoke. It seemed like this male would be of use here, perhaps that was just her biased mind supporting a nice male making her judgements for her though.
pushitinHe was a fighter as well was he? Well that explained his scars, perhaps he had been in many fights throughout his younger life. It wasn't surprising though, judging by his size, he was a large enough wolf to be an imposing figure, in her mind Soran was already musing over how well he'd do as a border guard, she wondered if the large male would be a deterrant to any unwanted wolves getting too close to Crimson Dreams.
"Well you do indeed have some skills to offer us, personally I think it's a fine lot, but in all honesty it wont be my descision in the end, something that I am sorry for. Soran said, and she genuinely was sorry that she could not just accept the male right away and have done with it, he seemed a charming fellow.
"Do you mind me asking a little more about you? Where are you from Legion? Have you lived near these lands?" Soran asked, her curiosity about the charming male peaking.
[/html]
His inner self jumped happily at the fact that the dark lady found his skills to be of good use. The fact that she also was a reader was a definite plus. He had an admiration of those who not only could read, but actually enjoyed doing so. It elevated a wolf in his regard, and he couldn't help keeping his pleased tail from wagging ever slightly.

The wind lightly rustled his snowy pelt as even the sun's light was almost gone now, a few stars making themselves known in the endless expanse of sky. "And you find my name of interest, hhmmmn? As a reader you might have come across it in the Good Book." He remarked, and made another wry smile as if it was ironic. "Legion was the title given to a man possessed of 1000 demons, as it were." He shrugged his shoulders and dismissed the oddity of such a name, moving on as she expressed her regret for being unable to offer him acceptance. Though his smiles tended to be very sly, this time a genuine one graced his features as, for he wasn't at all deterred by that fact. "Worry not, fine Sergeant! I only hope that the eventual outcome will be acceptance as you seem to have accepted me." and went on to answer her next query, though it was obvious he was a bit hesitant of nervous about giving up his origins.

"Aye, I am not overly far from these lands...from a group known as the Dawnrunners." Any wolf who knew anything of the Dawnrunners knew they were a faction who believed in "cleansing the evil" from the world. They were more often than not considered overly zealous and completely mad, trying to weed the world of wolves who didn't follow their practices and beliefs, finding most others sinful in their ways. Should Soran have heard of them he feared immediate judgment, but perhaps luck would find him today, and he would be judged for himself and not his former pack. "I must admit though, the lands here are quite a bit less hostile than ones I have known." He mentioned, his eyes strayed from her to survey the land beyond, scattered with vacant houses as well as forested land in the distance.
[html]

pushitinThe ebony lady's own dark tail began to wag slightly as Legion spoke of his name, the simple fact that he mentioned a book was enough to please the lady. Indeed his name was unusual, it was from the "good book", the lady assumed that he meant the bible by this, she had never read it herself, having never found a copy of it that had been tarnished to the point of being unreadable, well with the exception of the old tome that had been in the large abandoned church in the old lands, but that had been much too heavy to carry back to her packlands, and she had been less than inclined to read it at the time, having been half mad with greif. It had always interested her though, the bible, she wanted to see what was so powerful about it, what was so amazing that it had convinced so many humans to follow its word, she had read of it many times, even read some quotes from it in other books, and now that the snowy male had mentioned it she was most interested in reading it again. For a moment she thought about going to get it from that old church, going to fetch it back now, but the sudden startling reminder that it would be nothing more than a pile of ashes within the charred church now stopped her thoughts short, so many things had been lost in that fire, wonders that they could not get back.
"Oh is it from that book, I must say that I have never had the chance to read it myself, though I know of it well, I was hoping to find a copy of it to read through sometime. Your name is indeed most interesting.” Soran replied, her tail still wagging slightly as she spoke.
pushitinThe jade-eyed lady could not help but chuckle as Legion called her a fine Sergeant, it amused her to be called by that title, it was not something that she was used to.
"I hope that they accept you as well, you seem to be a fine fellow." She could not help but say that, he was indeed a nice male, she would be glad to have him as a packmate. The white male seemed to be nervous about revealing where he was from, that was not surprising to Soran, she herself was reluctant to talk about her life before she had come to these lands, a tale about a small black pup born into a pack where black wolves were so feared that they were killed on sight was not a nice one, neither was the life of running from her father and seeing those closest to herself die by his claws that followed it, she didn't like telling her story, after all it wasn't nice to instantly depress others. But then the male spoke and she did not see why his life seemed to be so problamatic, perhaps he was omitting plenty of his life, but there did not seem to be anything bad about his pack name, it was one that she was unfamiliar with and so she didn't recognise it as a threat or as anything particularly bad. She agreed with him though, about the lands being much less hostile than the ones surrounding it, she had seen that as well.
"I know what you mean about these lands being less hostile, we have occasional spats but nothing like I had ever witnessed outside of these lands, the pack that I had come from was hardly friendly either. But this place, this place is most welcoming, I have found that to be the general rule around here." Soran replied, feeling silly for having downplayed the fierce war that the Inferni had started in the old lands and had brought to these new ones as a spat, but it was all over now as far as she knew, and she didn't want to put Legion off living here.
"So tell me, why do you want to live here? What has brought you to these lands?" Soran asked, still holding a lot of curiosity for this pale male who sat upon her borders.
[/html]
He listened intently to the obsidian female’s every word, relieved at least that she didn’t outright throw him from the doorstep of Crimson Dreams thanks to his heritage. In fact, she seemed rather understanding of his predicament…her past seemed to hold its own haunting memories, and he was certainly not one to pry into such personal demons as those.

“Good to know that there is peace…” he remarked, though in the back of his thoughts that usually meant war was not far. There was war, and the lulls between wars, but in his experience, those lulls never lasted over-long. His train of thought was interrupted by her next question, and he looked to her once more, left ear twitching to catch her words.

And another coy smile broke his features as he replied, “I guess you could call my reasoning…adventure. The unknown. I like a little bit of spontaneity in my life, and learning about the ways and cultures of other lands and packs. I get restless, I suppose…” he grinned, bringing up a hindleg to scratch an itch behind his ear before returning said leg to the ground. “…not that I don’t wish to find a permanent home eventually, whenever that may happen.” He mused. “What of you? Have these lands been home to you long?”
[html]
Sorry, I started rambling XD and pop a "leader needed" into the title of the thread, if you don't know how to do that you click on edit on your first post and it will give you the option to edit your title Smile

pushitinThe ebony fae smiled coyly and nodded as the male spoke, talking about how it was good that there was peace within the lands. It was true for the most part, there was indeed peace here at the moment, but there had been a time when the lands had been marked with blood and anguish, a time when the Inferni coyotes had sought to claim all of the lands and Dhalia De mai had been more than happy to oppose them. As far as she knew Crimson Dreams had always been fairly peaceable, being far away enough from the battle grounds to stay out of the fighting, and that suited Soran fine, she would fight if she needed to, but after the last battle with the coyotes that she had been in she would rather stay out of them until she was forced to be involved. Though she was sure that the pack could fight more than effectively if they needed to, she had herself witnessed Jazz's skills and from what she had heard Savina was fierce when she was thrown into a battle situation. However, if the truth be told she had stayed out of any affairs with the Inferni for as long as she could, for all she knew they were mounting another attack, but the dark grandmother did not feel that it was any of her business, when the Inferni were at her door, then she would fight, but at the moment she was happy moving along at her own pace, playing her flute and helping her grandchildren to learn to hunt and read.

pushitinSoran's jade eyes glittered as the male revealed his true intentions, that he was an adventurer looking for a home as he wandered, she admired that greatly, to have adventured through one's life. She supposed that she had done that in her youth as well, before she had come to these lands, her and Iikka had seen many things, explored many lands, experienced a lot in their youth, but the constant looming shadow of her cruel father chasing them through each of these events had made the dark lady see it as less of an adventure and more of an elongated hunt. She would have loved to be able to adventure more in her young life, with her dearest, and only childhood friend, but those were years that she couldn't get back now, and she had too many responsibilities here to simply drop them all to go off adventuring, no she had abandoned her family too many times to do it to them again.
pushitinThe dark lady cocked her head to one side girlishly as the male asked about her own life, she smiled slightly as she remembered the fateful day, so long ago when she had stumbled into the Bleeding Soul's lands, bleeding profusely... and she had found more than just a home there, she had witnessed so much kindness, so much family spirit, love, devotion, and more life than she had ever had before she had arrived here.
"Well an adventurer eh? That must have been an exciting life to had, I suppose when I was younger I had had adventures of sorts as well, I travelled a long way when I think about it properly.” She replied, a small flirtacious smile playing across her lips. The ebony lady soon caught herself though, realising that she was talking to a newcomer on the lands, a newcomer that was several years her junior, she couldn't sit here and flirt with him, no matter how charming he seemed to be. The smile on her face remained warm though as she spoke.
"As for me, well I have been here for a long while now, though not always at these lands, see we used to live to the North of here, but there was a fire that destroyed... well everything in the end. We moved here to escape it and start afresh. But yes, I arrived here around 3 autumns ago, a pack that has long since disbanded took me in and made me part of the family quickly. And I loved it so much that I could not help but stay, I have many wonderful memories of this place. I do hope that you find yourself in love with these lands as well and decide to stay here for a while Legion, it would be nice to have you around." The lady replied, still smiling at the male. She meant it, she hoped that he would stay around, she hoped to get to know the alabaster male better, he seemed most interesting, a potentially wonderful new friend.
pushitinFinally the ebony lady decided that she would need to call someone here, she had asked all that she could think of of the male, well things that were on the appropriate topic, hopefully if he was accepted into the pack they would have plenty of time to swap stories of their lives and discuss the literature that they enjoyed. And so she raised her head to the sky slowly, and opened her maw, calling someone of higher rank to this meeting spot, to access the newcomer for themselves, she hoped that they would arrive quickly, so that she would be able to show Legion around the lands.
"I hope that you don't mind, but I have just called someone to come and decide whether or not you are accepted into the pack. I do hope they accept you Legion, you seem like you'd be a fine asset to the pack. And I meant what I said... I hope that you choose to stick around for a fair while, it would be nice to have someone else around here with an enthusiasm for reading." Soran said, realising that she should probably explain her actions to the male, after all suddenly raising one's head to the sky and howling wasn't the politest thing to do in the middle of a conversation.
"So, tell me while we wait, what is your favourite book?" The lady asked, tilting her head slightly to one side again, this time in rapt interest at what his answer would be though, she realised that she was now veering wildly off the set questions that one was to ask newcomers, but she could not think of anything else that she needed to ask, and she decided that the pair could not simply sit in silence until someone arrived.
[/html]
Eeehehe thank you! Done and done! Big Grin

"My regrets on your behalf about the fire." He said, face seeming to display a range of sympathy as well as thoughtfulness as though lost in time past, after hearing just one little piece of her obviously fruitful life. She had more years than he and had probably experienced much in that time. Even in his short, almost 3 year, life on this earth much had happened to him, and he knew how one's life could change in but an instant. "But I am thankful that you were spared, and led here." He grinned, and then stopped short as she released a howl onto the breeze, ears perking at the lovely melody of sound.

She wasted no time in explaining her reasoning, and so he figured he'd enjoy passing the time while in wait for another pack representative to judge his fitness for Crimson Dreams. "I hope to as well, my good lady! And to learn more about this place and its inhabitants, of course." Another debonaire smile crossed his lips. "...and books!" Ohhh the thought of new books was always tantalizing. "My favorite?" His brows creased and eyes rolled upward in thought. "I like a great many, but one of my favorites it To Kill a Mockingbird. Have you ever read it?" He asked, enjoying the light conversation.
[html]
I apologize if this post sucks. I've got a lot of stuff weighing on my mind right now x.x

Dark lids drooped over her emerald eyes. It had been a rough day. Her morning sickness had been worse than usual and it left her feeling completely drained. The fey was laying in the nest of blankets that made up her mate's and her bed. He wasn't there at the moment, so it was just her, barely able to keep her eyes open. Just as she thought she was about to drift off to sleep a howl rang through the air. Unfortunately this was a call she couldn't just ignore. Lazily she rose to her feet and and left the mansion, making her way towards the borders.

She had recognized the call as Soran's, so she was not surprised to see the near mirror-image of herself. The other wolf was a stranger, a male with an ivory pelt. It seemed that they had had an influx of prospective members lately. The Lt. General took that as a good sign. The stronger they were the better. Tail and ears were held high as she joined the two. She gave a smile to Soran and nodded at the newcomer. "Good to see you Soran. Who do we have here?" she asked lightly. Hopefully this would be a quick encounter and she could go back to resting her tired bones.

[/html]
[html]
SmileSmile

pushitinThe male seemed most sincere when he spoke about his being sorry about the fire, she did not know why he was apologising, after all he was not there, he had not caused it, he had nothing to be sorry for, but she also knew that it was a custom to apologise when one heard about a tragedy that had occured, and she didn't mind him apologising in that way. A smile touched the fae's lips as he spoke about being that that she had been spared and brought here, she felt her cheeks warm up, had she been human she would have been blushing brightly, and she thanked the gods that she had dark fur to hide any tell-tale signs that she was indeed blushing.
"And I am most glad that your wanderings have brought you to these lands Legion. Soran replied, the smile still playing across her lips. She was honestly glad that he had come to these lands, he seemed a fine fellow and she could imagine nothing nicer than having someone who she could sit and read with, swap books with, she was hoping to train her grandchildren up to enjoy reading, but real passion was something one could not teach, she would just have to point them at books and hope that they caught reading fever as she had.

pushitinSoran leant forwards with anticipation as the male seemed to lose himself in thought for a moment, thinking of his favourite book. She was genuinely interested to know what it was, she wondered if she had read it, if she had enjoyed it, if they had a similar taste in books as well as a shared love of reading. When the snowy male finally spoke the name of his favourite book, the ebony lady could not wipe away the wide smile that graced her face. Yes, she had indeed read the book, and she had adored it, and up until this moment she had not met anyone else who had read it, how wonderful, someone to discuss one of her favourite books with.
"Oh yes,” she began enthusiastically, the smile still bright on her face, "I have indeed read it, it's wonderful isn't it? I am sure I have a copy of it in the house if you'd care to borrow it sometime?" The lady was more than willing to lend the book to the pallid male, whether he was accepted into the pack or not, there were no rules against someone lending books to others outside of the pack. "I have a few books that I think you'll like, if you enjoyed to kill a mockingbird that is, I shall search them out for you later if you wish?" Soran offered her book collection to Legion readily, she trusted that he would look after her books if she leant them to him.
pushitinThe ebony lady barely had time to think of anything else to say to the charming male before a familiar shape appeared close by, her mirror image walked into view, the lady could not help but smile when she saw the jade eyed fae. As she approached Soran returned her smile with a soft smile of her own and a gentle bowing of her head, showing respect to her in front of the newcomer, had it just been the pair of them then Soran would have more than likely just greeted her brightly and asked how she was doing, but this was official business and as family-like as the pack was, the ebony lady still felt that the charming male should know that Savina was a wolf of high rank and therefore needed respect.
"Good evening Savina, this is Legion, he wishes to join our pack, he seems to be a nice fellow, he says he is a strategist and can hunt and fight if he needs to." Soran said, throwing a warm smile at Legion briefly. And he's a reader, isn't that wonderful? Soran added in her head, deciding that throwing her enthusiasm at having another reader in the house was perhaps not the most on-topic thing.
"Oh Legion, this is Savina, she's our LT. General." The lady said, before turning back to Savina and watching her face, hoping for Legion's sake to see some signs of acceptance etched on her face.
[/html]
He couldn't help but enjoy this shadowy femme's almost puppyish excitement. He had to admit he wasn't exactly used to it. Such behavior in his former pack, and in general, such an overabuncance of joy was unusual to him. While a little confusing to see it, he supposed it was something he would get used to in time. Many of his expressions often seemed harsh or of bad intention, because, well, that wasn't always too far from the truth. Not all of his spirit was so calloused and malintended though...he had his good points and could be truly kind and loving, should the right soul be able to crack his outer mask. But as of yet, true love had never become part of his vocabulary, much as he'd read about it.

"I would be very pleased to borrow some books if you are so willing!" he said, also pleased to discover she'd read one of his favorite fictional books, despite that it's roots were founded in factual human history. And while his maw opened to speak further, the words never spilled from it as another dark form plodded into view, looking a tad weary for all that she was graceful. He once again returned to his feet, to be respectful and honor the newcomer, and again bowed his head in deference. "My greetings, Lt. General!" he said, using Savina's rank for he felt that was more proper, after Soran gave a name to the ebony face. "Soran speaks truth, should you be willing to have me."
[html]
Feel free to keep the thread going after this, just going to post the official "welcome" message. Smile
300+

It was true, the pack was quite informal when it came to showing respect, but Savina agreed with Soran in this matter. It was only at the borders that she required respect, but it was important to have it there. If a wolf couldn't muster such displays then they had no place in this pack. While things were not strict once accepted and she preferred to have things on more friendly terms, it was still important that they realized that there was a chain of command here. If it were disrespected there would be consequences. Eyes watched Soran as she relayed the information pertaining to the male, Legion. She trusted the older femme to be a good judge of character. She wouldn't want any unsavory figures near her grandchildren.

The wolfess noted Legion's show of respect and nodded back towards him. "Thank you Legion, you may take a seat. And you may just call me Savina," accented voice said kindly. No one ever referred to her by her rank, it sounded strange to her ears. Easily she reclined to her own haunches. "Hunting is always a good skill to be proficient at. We have many mouths to feed." And more on the way. "You must know this though. We are on good terms with all the other packs here. The coyote clan can be prickly, but as long as we leave them alone they should do the same. I want things to stay that way, so please only use your fighting skills when necessary. Though if we ever have a need for defense I will be glad to have you." She did not want fighting in or out of the pack, it would only lead to more trouble.

"But as long as you agree to that I trust Soran's judgment. Welcome to Crimson Dreams." The smile tugged the corners of her mouth higher. Usually she would take the task of showing the new members around herself, but she was not up for the task today. "Soran, would you mind showing Legion around? I'm afraid I'm quite tired today." Hopefully the woman would understand.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

Wooo thank you much!! *EXCITED!*

Soran hadn't been kidding...in general, it seemed like this pack was fairly at ease in the realm of decorum. He sat back on his haunches as offered by the seeming twin of Soran, contented with the fact that he had just found himself a place to stay. "I will serve as best I can, Savina." he grinned boyishly, "And my thanks." It still felt a bit odd to address a wolf by name. Those who knew Legion well, as assuredly they would get to know him in time, knew his tendency to use ranks or a fashioned nickname for others; a trait that some were content with and others couldn't stand.

Upon closer inspection of Savina, he realized the fae was tired for a very good reason, as a distended belly full of pups hung between her elegant legs. Well and good, he thought, for pups were the future of any pack, and beloved by all. Very few things warmed Legion's cold heart quite like little ones, not that he would admit such a thing. But he brought his attention back to Soran as her name was mentioned, and gave the jade eyed sergeant an anticipatory look.
[html]
Ahhh! So sorry for the wait on this... I hadn't realised that it had been replied to by Savina. Welcome to the pack Smile

pushitinSoran sat and watched the exchange between Savina and Legion quietly, noting that her mirror-image seemed rather tired today, in fact there seemed to be something different about her in general, a scent that was familiar to the Sergeant, something that she had scented on herself twice now, could the younger fae be pregnant? The older fae was suspicious now, curious to know if the higher ranked lady was indeed carrying pups, but she decided to stay quiet on the subject, she would wait until the pair were alone to ask her, after all Legion was a prospective member of the pack and would surely be involved in the workings of Crimson Dreams, keeping an eye on the pups included in that, but still he was a relative stranger, and this sort of conversation was private, it could wait.
pushitinThe ebony fae grinned from ear to ear at Savina's words, that she trusted her judgement, that was a large compliment to the dark lady, she was usually a good judge of character, having only been wrong once in the past, with Hollow, but that male had been the king of deception it had seemed and she supposed that without her own lack of good judgement she would not have her red son, and despite all that he had done she loved him dearly and would not trade him for the world, with the knowledge she had now she would not have gone back to that moment and changed it. It was an honour to the ebony grandmother to be considered a good judge of character, then again she supposed that Savina was using her logic, after all the most important thing to Soran were her grandchildren, there was no way that she would put them in danger by allowing someone that she did not think she could trust with them to join the pack, she would not have that for a moment, she would die to protect her family, not only that she would kill for them, something far more difficult to do, dying was easy, but living with the knowledge that one had killed someone could be unbearable. But the ebony lady felt that she could trust Legion, he seemed to be charming and intellegent, he would fit in fine here.
pushitinThe dark lady beamed when Savina welcomed Legion to the pack, that was wonderful, she had someone to share her love of books with now, hopefully he would have a list of his own favourite titles with books on it that she had never heard of, perhaps she could show him some of the long forgotten gems of the literary world that she had gathered over the years. She turned to the snowy male and flashed him a bright smile,
"Welcome," she said softly, still smiling, she was delighted to have the male in the pack, she was hoping that they would be great friends, at the very least she had gained a packmate with a love of books that matched hers and a potential hunting partner.
pushitinThe dark lady turned back to Savina, who did indeed seem drained of all energy this evening, Soran had the urge to help her back to her room and encourage her to sleep, she seemed exhausted and the ebony lady wanted to make sure that she was alright, after all she was her packmate, her friend. In reply to Savina's request, Soran simply dipped her head in a quick nod,
"I'd be happy to show Legion around Savina," she turned back to Legion and smiled again, "I'll let you get back to the house and rest, you look exhausted." She added to her jade eyed leader, before standing and stretching out her lithe limbs. She padded over to where Legion sat, bumping his shoulder with hers playfully.
"Shall we go then? Where would you like to see first? We can start at the borders or I could give you a tour of the house if you'd like?" The ebony lady said, moving to stand a little way away, ready to go.

[/html]
[html]
exeunt leaderbutt XD and super short x.x

Savina offered Legion a warm smile as she saw the excitement in his eyes. "I am glad to hear that Legion, and you are welcome." Gingerly she stood back up, happy to hear that Soran would escort him around the lands. "Thank you. Yes, I plan on going and taking a nice long rest. I'll see both of you around. Once again, welcome. Nodding to both of the wolves she made her way back to the warmth and comfort of the house and her bed.

[/html]