sleep on the love seat
[html]

i'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?

ooc|| here ya go!<3 Whisper Beach. Oh, and Gig is optime like usual.

Fear would not hold him back. He would not allow himself to fall into a self-indulging pit simply because he had been kicked around by a couple of bitches. Although he found himself suddenly cautious around borders he might've ignored before, and going out of his way to avoid Dalia's, Giggle knew it would be unhealthy for him to obsess. So the coyote headed off from Inferni, in his possession a copy of a how to speak Italian book and a small journal, with self-made covers. He was comfortable in his skin although still bitterly wished the purple was gone (even if Tal loved it).

A worn sign greeted him on his way to Whisper Beach. He barely glanced at it, but continued forward until he reached the silky sands. Giggle thought his favorite thing about this place (that was, all the packs and the neutral territories combined) were the beaches. The ocean was fine, but he loved the sandy expanses, devoid of trees and bushes. Since his arrival at Inferni, the hybrid had set about making himself more useful and had devoted much of his time to the library he had met Corona in. Fishing was something he had wanted to try, but he had no boat- and with his right arm still out of commission, it was out of the question. For now, he'd have to settle for reading.

[/html]
[html]
Eeee, Beck is awesome. -Quite amused by your set in general.- xD I love the old cars!

----------faster, faster.. the lights are turnin' red

She hadn't quite made it to Halifax yet--she still hadn't found Gabriel. She'd been about to (temporarily) give up and move on when she'd come across Talitha (or vice versa, perhaps). Although not exactly who she was aiming for, by genetics the young girl was about 50% there. For whatever reason this was enough to keep her lingering within Inferni's general vicinity that much longer. It wasn't the best logic and she knew it, but she was becoming increasingly intrigued and perplexed by the doggish male's aloofness, too. Hadn't Corona informed him that there was a small black wolf with strange red markings looking for him? She'd found scent trails of his a couple of times, but as soon as they got too near the marked borders she always turned and went back. One of these times she'd catch him as he was leaving... right?
Perhaps, but today would not be that day. A masculine scent carrying Inferni's trademark odour roused her hopes for an instant, but as the red-eyed girl squinted into the distance she could already tell this was not Gabriel. Clearly, a grey coyote did not equate to a dark-saddled German Shepherd-ish looking fellow. Maserati was about to leave him to his peace (he appeared to be reading), but her interest piqued once more as he tilted his head ever so slightly. A splash of purple marked that side of his muzzle--ah, great! It wasn't every day that the girl found others who sported colours other than the natural greyscale through brown. Her tail began to sway behind her and she called to Charger who was dancing with the waves nearby. She trotted closer lightly before pausing at a distance. Sounding a curious, polite bark, she waited where she stood for permission to come closer, her posture relaxed and friendly.
[/html]
[html]

Hah, yeah. That song in partic makes me thing Gig, but I just love Beck. /addicted to Nicotine&Gravy

The book was open but his eyes weren't scanning the pages. Italian was a rather boring subject, but then again, learning a foreign language was in general difficult. It would improve his selfworth (if only on a psychological level), and for that, he would preserver. But not today. A bark alerted him to another's presence, and he looked up sharply, already folding the book closed. The smell registered a second before the friendly appearance and he shot to his feet, tensing up to flee. The wolf- and it was a wolf, a black female with interesting red markings- didn't seem to be aggressive. She could have been faking it, though, and so although Giggle didn't immediately flee, he tucked his bag into the crook of his good arm and stayed a good way away, indigo eyes nervously trained on her form.

'Who are you? What do you want?' His trust and manners would no longer be openhanded to those of the wolf persuasion. Fool me once, shame on you- fool me twice, shame on me, he figured. Yet she didn't seem to be wanting to attack him. She wasn't moving towards him. The Inferni member allowed himself to relax, but remained lightly defensive just in case. He didn't say anything further; he would hold his peace until she introduced herself.

[/html]
[html]
--

The girl was surprised by his immediate and jarring reaction; often she was met with curiosity or intrigue, occasionally with the "you're weird because you're different than me" thing, but rarely was she met with outright apprehension. Usually being a small female had that effect on folks, and at the moment his behaviour was enough to make her brows crinkle into a small frown. It wasn't disgust or malice; if anything, she was slightly offended. Although he was a coyote, he appeared to be rather large--they seemed to be approximately the same size. Raised in a relatively prejudice free environment, Maserati was unfortunately ignorant to the entire coyote vs. wolf ordeal.
Moving a hair closer so it was less awkward to talk, she offered her introduction promptly. Echk, didn't mean to startle yeh, mate! Oi'm Maserati O'Clavin, or de le Poer, whichev'r. One of these days she would have to decide on her full name; her inclination was to proudly wear the name of the wolf who'd raised her, but being in these lands where Anselm was somewhat known prompted her to add the second title. Either way, saying both was pretty awkward and growing increasingly annoying. For now, she pushed that aside. Here, her ears fell back apologetically and she looked away sheepishly. Oi just wanted to say Oi liked your paint job, she admitted, tapping the side of her snout lightly in the same area as his unique purple mark.
[/html]
[html]

She moved towards him and he tensed again, but relaxed when she spoke. The first thing he noted was her interesting accent- making her the second (possibly lone) wolf he'd come across with such a thick accent. 'De le Poer' was the next thing to catch his attention. 'Oh!' Giggle looked at her, allowing himself to breathe easy. 'That's Gabriel's last name,' he added thoughtfully. This, then, meant- 'Are you related to Gabriel?' It was an easy assumption to make. Although they couldn't be pure blood siblings- they were built too differently. Now that the hybrid's attention had been diverted from 'eek! a wolf', he examined her more closely. Her coat was certainly interesting and more creative than his (she, most likely, had actually put thought into her design).

'Thank you,' Giggle offered uncertainly. There was something certainly off about all these 'Souls canines that they admired his dye job. He glanced away and then back, trying to recover from his earlier douchebaggery. 'I- uh, like yours. Too.' Her 'paint job' was much lovelier than his, at any rate. And she pulled it off. 'My name is Giggle Dracon. Gig works, though.' He paused before adding a sheepish: 'sorry.' Even though he was not fully convinced he was safe, he could at least not be a jerk to this Maserati who didn't seem of foul intentions. Fingering his muzzle with his good hand, the coyote couldn't help but ask, 'really?'

[/html]
[html]
Dude. Giggle is adorable XD -Clings to him.- >>

Urm, well, sorta Oi guess! she said, deliberating how much detail was necessary. In all honesty, her and Gabriel were probably distant enough relatives that they could (hypothetically) breed and produce not-so-fucked-up children. Him 'n me father 're distant cousins of some sort. Oi suppose that makes him some kind of.. uncle? she wondered aloud, her uncertainty clear. She could barely keep track of how Anselm and Gabriel were related--in reality they shared a common great-grandfather. With a limited understanding of how genetics actually worked, it was easy for her to assume that each successive generation shared half the genes of the last. Then, their grandparents had half the same genes. Their parents had a quarter. Then Gabriel and Anselm shared only 12.5%. It was all pretty fuzzy, though, and it made her confused thinking about it. As such, she simply stopped and moved on to better things.
It seemed that the stranger was gradually opening up--Maserati was still working on the assumption that she'd simply caught him off guard. Maybe he was just a little shy, even! Surprisingly little thought had been put into her markings, at any rate--they were predominantly natural. It was just the case that naturally, they'd be a deep reddish-brown that would hardly be visible against her black coat (save maybe in bright sunshine). She'd just highlighted and accentuated what was already there, given she did take a couple creative liberties when it came to the loop on her side especially. The smile broadened as he introduced himself; what a delightful name! It seemed so light-hearted and carefree. Aww, well thanks! Oi've only ever seen a handful of folks that kept their fur dyed or tattooed. Boomer took the icing on the cake; he practically lived through his tattoos. She'd always kind of liked that about him.
'n sure! Oi quite enjoy the contrast; it adds a lot of flare 'n helps draw out the colour of your eyes. As he'd grown more comfortable, she'd decided it was ok to get close enough to talk comfortably. Charger was peering up at the coyote from between her legs and she felt him brush up against one of her shins lightly. Oh roight.. this 's Charger, she said, picking him up as one might a cat and placing him on her shoulder. In the confusion, she'd nearly forgotten to introduce him; the raccoon seemed to enjoy when strangers knew his name, as they seemed much less likely to try to eat him.
[/html]
[html]

in a tense, confused, humorless sort of way? Big Grin /laysonmas

So she was a distant relative. He'd been hoping for something closer, but the coyote could live with it. After all it'd been something akin to five minutes and he was still alive, or not bleeding anyway. Deciding not to think too much about it, Giggle allowed his mind to wander from this obsessive wolf/coyote battle. Indigo eyes fell on her curly, cursive-y red loop. It made her look so wild and eccentric, but talking to her, she was perfectly rational. All his life the hybrid had but one goal: to make himself as invisible as he possibly could. Blending into the crowd and becoming a nobody had been his ambition. There were many things Gig was, but he was not an individual (he would have fit right in with a fascist society) and he never sought to be. But looking at Maserati, he began to wonder if all these years, he'd been too hidebound.

He inclined his head, considering what she'd said. It was true, the tattooed and dyed fell into the minority. That, above all, was what made him uncomfortable- if everyone was dying their fur, he'd do it to fit in as well. 'Ah, yeah,' he agreed, unconsciously stepping back as she moved forward. 'To be honest, I didn't do it,' he blurted out, glancing down for a second. 'It was a prank. My brother. I don't think he was going for contrast,' Giggle adding, in a halfhearted attempt to rise a chuckle. 'But everyone seems to like it, anyway.' Wrapped up in his thoughts, the hybrid hadn't even noticed the little raccoon. The wolf introduced him as Charger. His eyes crinkled although his lips remained unmoved. The raccoon was a cute little animal although he couldn't imagine having one for a pet. 'Well, it's a pleasure, then,' Gig offered, shifting his weight from foot to foot. He moved his eyes from Charger to Mas for a second. 'You're not with a pack,' he half-asked, half-stated. Maybe it wasn't all wolves that were vicious: maybe it was only when they congregated in packs that they lost their minds. (He briefly pondered on whether coyotes had the same effect on each other- but then, he didn't feel any bloodlust to seek out an innocent wolf and break their arm- and dismissed it.)

[/html]
[html]
-FAIL.-

Eccentricity was part of her being; nobody in her birth pack was particularly reserved. They were all lively, opinionated folks who valued freedom of expression and information above all else. They were blatant hedonists; all were quite fond of being drunk and merry or dazed and blissful. Stories around the fire were a regular occurrence, especially once instruction and chores were done for the day. Emotion and concerns were expressed openly, less they fester and poison their spirits. It was basically the exact opposite of what she might have gotten growing up with Anselm (especially in Inferni). Although she didn't realise the extent of this truth, she would cherish her adopted family all the more once she did.
Maz offered a crooked smile as he explained his marking; well that explained why he seemed so self-conscious about it, at least! Aww, she crooned gently, well Oi think yeh ought to keep it! she exclaimed with a giggle, tail swaying behind her. How else will I recognise yeh in the future? Her grin broadened and she shook her head. So how'd yeh get 'im back? she asked with a wink. The pranks between siblings were no mystery to her--although her and Detroit got along just swimmingly, they'd gotten into their fair share of mischief as pups.
Mn, my pack 's quoite a ways off from 'ere; Troika Outpost. Don't think anyone 'round here has heard of it, 's southwest 'n further inland. Oi suppose the scent's fading, but its place in my heart has not, she stated evenly with a small shrug. Oi'm just on vacation, Oi guess. Anselm sent me with some messages for Gabe 'n Ryan, but other than that Oi want to check out the city south of here. This place seemed nice enough so far, but it still wasn't home--not without the family who'd loved her as their own.
[/html]
[html]

The coyote was relaxing, now, although still intent on keeping a reasonable distance between the two bodies. Maz was growing on him; she radiated a friendly air that put him at ease. Maserati had not been the first to say that he should keep the marking, and Giggle could feel his opinion on it swaying. Talitha liked it, now this wolf liked it, maybe he should thank his brother rather than curse him! It gave him a conversation starter, at least. 'Maybe I will, then,' he said, not smiling, but his eyes crinkling, mimicking the happy emotion. The next question made his face go back to being blank. How had he gotten his brother back? By running away. Ha, ha.

'Well, I haven't exactly gotten him back, yet,' The coyote muttered, feeling the fool again. Maybe one day him and Etcetera would meet again, and then he could "get him back", although cleverness was not one of Giggle's personality points, and he wouldn't know how. Maybe there was a "pranking for dummies" book in the library at the mansion somewhere. For the first time in this meeting, he allowed himself to move slightly closer to the black shewolf, as she started to speak again, describing her old home. He admired that she loved her old home so much. 'I guess you miss it, then.' He said quietly, listening to her speak again. She mentioned Gabriel and Ryan. Ryan, he hadn't met yet. He didn't know whom Anselm was, but he guessed it might be her father. She mentioned the city. 'Oh, do you mean Hailfax?' he asked, trying to place on a mental map the territories of 'Souls. Gig had only visited the city once or twice, but it had aroused his curiosity nevertheless.

[/html]
[html]

Maz found her mind wondering as she contemplated what exactly she'd do to Detroit if he had gotten her so badly. Her first thought was to trick him into falling in the mud, but that alone didn't seem adequate. It was too easy to wash off.. hm. Perhaps it was all a matter of timing! She'd plan it in well in advance and wait until the leadership summoned a meeting. Then she'd get him as he was on his way so he'd have to show up all gross and muddy if he wanted to show up on time (which he normally did, sometimes she thought her brother secretly desired a higher position in the pack, even though it really... didn't work that way at the Outpost). Hah. Or she could feed him something that would turn his pee green. Surely such a thing existed?
Mm, well, Oi do 'n Oi don't. Oi can always go back there later, she said simply. In the back of her mind, she reminded herself to be thankful her birth pack was so stable. So did yeh grow up around here or somewhere else? she asked, wondering if he might miss where ever it was he grew up, since he'd asked her about the same issue. Projection and all that. Either way, she'd gotten the impression from Anselm things in 'Souls weren't quite so regular or dependable; indeed, it would be tragic to go back home only to find everyone had jumped ship or something. Still, they had plenty to eat and drink, Ross had his cars, Gale and Kendra had the kids, and nobody really had a reason to leave. The only one who was up in the air was her brother, but in her heart she knew he'd grown even closer to their adopted parents after Anselm's appearance. Something that divided her and shook her up only served to glue him together and make him stand firmer than ever. She had to respect that in the guy.
Ah, yup! That's the one. Have yeh been there? Is there anything awesome? She certainly hoped so, and if there was, she had every intention of finding it.
[/html]
[html]

If he had any sense, he would have gotten Etc back. But how- something mean, something harsh because he was always picked upon by his brother, and he wanted to show him that he could stick up for himself. Maybe something involving a shovel- though what he had in mind was more of an assault than a prank. Ah well, it was all hypothetical anyway. Giggle offered a nod to Maz's reply. He liked her attitude. 'Somewhere else,' he replied with a light shrug. The location as of now was unknown, seeing as his mother couldn't resist moving every few months. She was a nomadic spirit and had always wanted to be a gypsy, but didn't know how.

Briefly he thought of his siblings. Etcetera had always been a momma's boy, and Beau had shared their mother's spirit. Really, the only one with any sense in that family had been his father, and he was too in love to realize his mate was a drifty whore. Of course, Giggle loved his mother, but everyone knew that Beau wasn't his father's kid. Or, at least, they all suspected as such. It was technically never proven.. but the genetics were wrong. Beau looked pure wolf, even though she would be tempered with a little coyote, and the wrong wolf at that- something big, dark, not the red and coyote that made up the rest of the family. His attention was brought back to Maserati and Hailfax when she spoke again. 'Yeah, a couple of times.' The city was a good source of materials for his room. Giggle had become something of a collector, like a magpie, sans the shiny. 'I found this thing, uh, I'm still trying to make it work, but I think it's a type of music-player, if you insert some sort of disc thing.' His old CD player, although he didn't know the name for it. It was fixable, and he had been trying to find something that would fit in the circular imprint where he believed held the music.

[/html]
[html]

His answer was short and sweet; although some part of her was curious about further detail, she reminded herself she probably wouldn't make heads or tails of it, anyway. Gale had impressed upon her a healthy dose of world geography, but as he was Irish, a lot of his lessons involved Europe (and maybe Asia). He didn't seem to know much about Canada other than where he'd lived before (i.e. Bleeding Souls) and where he lived now. Regardless, she wasn't about to pry further; usually folks who wanted to share personal information would do so without much prompting.
Ahh! she exclaimed as she nodded; she indeed knew about the device he referenced. My uncle used to have some of those; Oi know what yeh are talkin' 'bout. But 'is were all in cars, 'e never bothered with a single player. Human music was as interesting as it was bizarre to Maserati; there were so many sounds that weren't natural at all. Still, many times they managed to fit and flow together rather nicely--although she had heard some tunes more cacophonous than two alligators fighting at the base of a waterfall (or something). Why the humans chose to reproduce such grating and chaotic sounds was beyond her; she preferred the gentler, more uplifting tunes.
So why wasn't his device working? Did yeh check the batteries in it? she wondered, trying to be useful. Most of her knowledge of human tools was intuitive; most of her knowledge of human devices came through practised experience shadowing Ross as he worked on cars. A lot of them had some kind of circuitry involved, so she knew enough of the basics about wiring and power. Still, the funny, seemingly microscopic imprints on circuit boards were a muddled mess to the girl... quite possibly, they were even more bizarre than written text (when she was first introduced to it, of course). If yeh have, Oi've got nothin', though, she continued with an apologetic smile.
[/html]
[html]

/fail

He was startled as she spoke, revealing she knew what it was. Giggle hadn't a clue what it was, it had just sparked his attention. She was saying something that they had been in cars, which he knew were human movement devices, and she called it a 'single player'. 'I don't know what it is, actually,' he admitted, looking at it again. 'A 'single player'? So it does play something?' That he had guessed earlier. The hybrid had no prior experience with human music, or any music at all, except on the rare occasion his mom had found some instrument or another and tried to play it.

'Batteries?' Giggle repeated, confusedly. He had never heard of such a thing, or considered that it would need something else. He had seen things plugged in before, lamps and such, to power- it would make sense that there would be some sort of portable power device. 'I don't know, uh, if it does have those batteries or not, I hadn't realized to check for that.' That was the problem with reading books that were mostly pre-modern; they had nothing about electronic devices, although he had heard of TVs and stereos. Now that he knew Maserati could help him with this, he spoke again. 'D'you know what makes it play? Some kind of disc, right?'

[/html]
[html]

Her brows crinkled for a moment as he spoke, and then she laughed apologetically, shaking her head. Nah, nah; 's a music player. Oi meant 'single' in the sense it ain't attached to a car, she explained with a chuckle, although she did feel a little bad for misleading him. She didn't feel too bad, though, since she could easily rectify the situation: by explaining it to him better.
On the back or bottom, there ought t'be a panel that comes off. Yeh might be able to use one nail to release the switch... catch?... whatever. Anyway, inside there should be some small cylinders, usually kinda shiny. They come in different sizes; should say on the side what size it is. It'll probably be something like 'AA,' 'AAA,' or maybe 'C.' She paused here, waiting for him to take it in. If they're 'dead,' they have no more juice 'n yeh need to find new ones that fit. Yeh also need to make sure they line up properly--one side has a plus 'n the other a minus. Just pay attention to how they originally were inside 'n yeh oughtta be fine, she reassured him.
At the mention of the discs, she nodded her head in affirmation. Yeh; the discs are what actually has the music. The music player is just a machine that lets them make sounds. Where the disc goes is probably in the front or top, there should be a button to open where yeh put it in... more obvious than where the batteries are. It was too bad he didn't have it with him; it would be much easier to point and explain things that way. Still, she figured he at least had a direction to shoot in, now... that counted for something, right?
[/html]
[html]

As she began to speak the hybrid reached for his notebook, to copy down her instructions. A music player, so his assumption had been right. Well, maybe not his assumption, but he had guessed it had related to music or something along those lines. He scribbled as Maserati spoke, nodding at her. 'Yeah, I remember that thing.' He hadn't considered taking it off, he had been afraid it had contained something vital or dangerous. He murmured 'AA, AAA, or C' under his breath softly as he wrote, then paused to look back up at her.

This battery thing was confusing. They had to be aligned a certain way, which didn't really make sense to Giggle but he accepted it. 'So... they're little, portable electricity boxes?' He was thinking of the mansion again. 'And they stop working after a while?' He supposed that made some sort of sense, since they couldn't be attached to anything. She explained to him about the discs, next, confirming his ideas. 'Okay,' Gig nodded. 'Wow,' he muttered, a little overwhelmed by the complexities of what had appeared to be a simple plastic cylinder. 'How did humans think up this stuff, I wonder?'

[/html]