We are all the same
[html]

[ooc] -- i thought you'd be there.

Backdated to around Jan 27 or before? Firefly you want to still be pregnant or not? I think it should actually be earlier but up to you guys. It just has to be before Cwmfen’s talk with Cer XD Sorry this is short, but wanted to get it up for you guys. IT also SUCKS!

holding daisies, counting stars. -- [bic]

Once again she had changed the rules. It happened often enough, and no one ever questioned her. The amount of ranks could be increased or decreased to fit their growing or shrinking pack. The number of wolves permitted to hold a rank could be changed on her whim. None of them had ever said a word, none of them had cared, but Cer doubted it would be the case now. Haku knew of the changes, but if he cared what his mate would think or not he had not said a word to the white lady. It was Firefly Cer was most concerned with. Yet she did not want to upset Cwmfen or Mew either, this change was for the best. Surely they would all see the logic the white lady had found. Throwing back her head, pointing it straight to the moon and the shining stars, she let out a howl, calling specifically for the three highest general members of the pack.

Settling back down in the middle of the town square, she thought over the three of them. The council would be a good system, she knew it. They three were the ones Haku and her trusted most, saw most, who took charge most. Slay was most important to the white lady, but he shied from responsibility, from authority, she knew that. They three seem to embrace it, yet all in their separate ways. Firefly was too aggressive with the other members, having Cwmfen and Mew would balance that out. Yet Mew and Cwmfen kept to themselves mostly, while Firefly seemed to know everyone and everything, whether she should or not. Closing her eyes she nodded to herself, waiting for the newly form council to arrive, preparing to inform them of their new duties.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the late reply! And I don’t mind if we backdated superly, ^=^. It all works out for me
500+

Cwmfen wandered silently within her packlands. She had spent her day patrolling the boarders with ears open to calls of alarm or need of aid. But there had been nothing that day. And while the black female recognized that sign to be of an excellent nature, her trained body itched to engage in some marital activity, whether it be a spar or not. And while the female enjoyed the quiet safety of the packlife, her passion resided in warfare. She had been relieved and grateful when Cercelee and Haku had accepted her request to become a warrior of Dahlia de Mai, and she had been given the rank of Head Warrior. And so, while the female knew that the pack was large and had the services of scouts, she felt an obligation to wander along the invisible barriers and help to protect the pack. But, with little activity, and with little activity to be expected in the night, the woad warrior turned her paws in the direction of her den where she would retire until sunrise.

The woad banded ears pricked forward. There was a call that rang clearly in the night air, and she paused to listen. The voice calling was most definitely that of the Rosea Cercelee, and the warrior listened to her song with a light smile upon her face. It was a pleasant sound. But it called to three particular wolves, the highest ranking of Dahlia de Mai beneath the Rosea and Lilium. And so the black fae was about to continue to her den when she remembered who she was—or at least how she had been ranked. Turning rather abruptly, she forced herself upon her hind legs as a rearing horse as she turned about in a quick run to promptly meet the request that had been made of her. And Cwmfen would not disappoint her leader, for she was bred too obediently for such insolence. And so she traveled swiftly, her ears following the dying echoes of the white leader’s voice as her eyes were aware of her surroundings.

She found herself approaching the Town Square. The female remembered as she slowed her pace that she had first encountered the Rosea in this place, and here she had learned that the square was used for formal gatherings. The pack meeting back in October had also been held in this location. And so when she found herself in that place, the black female grew a bit anxious, if only because she wondered at the cause of this meeting. Being socially challenged, the warrior often dreaded situations that called for such gatherings. But she had grown less so after the many months of interacting with friendly wolves once more. While her anxiety was almost indiscernible, she still felt its fingers tickling the insides of her stomach. Shaking the feeling away from her and pushing it into the night air, the female continued slowly, following the now fresh scent of the Rosea.

When the white orbs found the light form, a bright smile flickered across her lips. "Cercelee, I hope that I have not kept you waiting." The alto melody was quiet and light as it danced in the night. With the great respect that she held for the leader of Dahlia de Mai, the Tilia made humble her posture as she approached. The she-wolf’s nails clicked softly upon the stone as she moved.

[/html]
ooc- 27th was the day the puppies were born.. >:E need another day duuudde.

Firefly had been quietly sitting on the steps to Haku's cottage staring at the snow drifting across the sidewalk as the moon shone down above. She flicked her ears back as she wondered how much longer she was stuck waddling and huffing about the lands. Her thoughts were shortly interrupted as the call rang through the night. Her ears quickly pinned back against her skull as she wished that she could just close her eyes and ignore the voice but she knew that if she did the white woman was bound to come find her and demand her attention. Firefly bared her fangs at the bitter air and wished she could just use her heavy burden as an excuse but she doubted that the othes would see it thatway.

Sighing to herself she rose to her paws and began her slow steady pace across the lands to where the voice of her leader had risen from. The bronze and gold woman knew by now where Cercelee's common meeting place was so she took the shorted route that she knew, though she did linger a little on the trail, hoping that she wouldn't be the first one there, and knowing that she really didn't want to be sitting there with the other two woman called either. Firefly didn't have a problem getting her paws into pack business but she would and could easily grow tired of all the idiots she was surrounded with. Right at the moment neither of the other higher ranked females were on her good list.

It didn't take her too long to step out into the town square as she saw the white form of Cercelee, she finished her journey and plopped down near the woman with a nod, "Cercelee.." her eyes glanced to the midnight hue of the other as she briskly greeted the other. "Cwmfen.." her eyes lingered on the other woman a second before starting to groom her wide girth. She had not expected to have to waddle through the snow tonight and she was going to show her dislike for it before finding out what this was all about.
[html]
I'm easy on date Smile Reeeeal easy Wink
Word Count: 500

This is the first day of my life.
I'm glad I didn't die before I met you

White ears twitched one way and the other as they picked up a vague sound that flew on the wind; Cercelee? And she called specifically for Mew herself, and Cwmfen and Firefly. Puzzled, the alabaster woman put down the tools she had wielded to repair a small wooden violin that lay before her on the table. Unfortunately for Cercelee, and the others for that matter, Mew was not in her den right now. If she had been, she could get there very swiftly and easily indeed. However, she was in a vineyard to the southwest of Cer's usual meeting place, and the distance would take some time to traverse. The femme dropped down to stand on her fours, and shifted halfway - the halfling form was speedier than any of the other, and she did not want to keep them waiting. The form was, frankly, far from appealing, and where Mew was normally slender - though naturally muscled - and in her wolf form she was small and light, she now cast a shadow that was bulky, large - it reminded her of Haku. On several occasions she'd seen him in this form, and apparently he preferred it. He was male, thus it was easy enough for him, but she was used to looking at least somewhat feminine, and at this moment she did not in the slightest. Sighing, she walked to and opened the door, traversed some twisted stairs (why hadn't she just waited with the shifting 'till afterward? It would have been so much easier), and finally got out under the sky. After mere seconds her form was in a full sprint, heading steadily towards the center of Wolfville. She would retrieve the violin later - no one would steal it.

The formidable distance to cover in a short amount of time - for she hated to be late - stressed her to go as fast as she could, and surely enough: she reached her destination not even half an hour later. Stealing away before she was fully there she granted herself five minutes and shifted back into a form which she was more comfortable in - the shifted one. The two legs carried her swiftly to the meeting place, and she quickly saw Cwmfen and Firefly already there, and Cercelee waiting. Quite tired now, though you could not see it, she offered them all an apology. Right now she didn't really care about her dispute with Firefly - she cared more about keeping face and making sure Cercelee was not disappointed in her slow appearance. "Sorry for keeping you all, I was over 20 miles away." Bending her neck and diverting her gaze to the ground for a second as she faced her rosea, she gave her a formal greeting; they were friends, but this was (until proven differently by their leader) a formal situation. "Cer" Then, she repeated the gesture towards the other two, and she did so in the order which they were ranked. "Firefly, Cwmfen".

But, now I don't care, I could go anywhere with you
And I'd probably be happy
[/html]
[html]

FINE Backdated to about Jan 20 okay?!? Cer wastes no time getting to the point.

Cwmfen was the first to arrive and Cercelee smiled and returned the respectful smile the female offered her. She was quite pleased that Cwmfen had stayed in their ranks so long, despite Firefly’s and Mew’s seniority in the pack, Cwmfen had shown no resentment in serving Dahlia de Mai. She had quickly made her way up the ranks and Cercelee guessed that it was not impossible for the woad marked female to go even higher. It would require more thought later, for now she was content the female had shown up so swiftly. “Thank you for coming so quickly, I hope you do not mind waiting on the others.” They lapsed into silence, though Firefly quickly arrived and Cercelee smiled, taking in the woman with the wide girth. “Firefly.”

They three continued to wait and when Mew arrived, Cercelee was more than ready to begin, if only because she had kept the other two wondering for so long. “No worries Mew, I just have something to discuss with the three of you.” There was no reason to beat around the bush, she had stated her reasoning for this meeting and so she would just continue on with it. Small talk would be out of place in this assembled group she decided. “I’ve created a council of sorts for Dahlia de Mai, composed of the members Haku and I depend on most, those most devoted to Dahlia. You three are it.” Cercelee pursed her lips, looking from one, to the other, to the last. She knew that at times not all three got along, but they would quickly need to learn to work together. “Your ranks are all equal now, just below the leadership ranks.” What more was there to say?

[/html]
[html]

Heheh, that’s fine with me, ^=^
500+

"I don’t mind," Cwmfen replied with a smile as she moved to sit near the white Rosea. The black female wondered for what reason Cercelee had called upon them. The curious nature of the female bid her to ask the blue eyed fae, but she knew that to do so would be to be premature, so she was silent. And anyway, the female had already expressed that she did not mind waiting. When the other two females arrived, she would learn the intent of the Rosea. And so she remained silent, waiting for her two packmates.

It was not long before Firefly arrived, and the woad warrior took in her pregnant state. The golden female’s greeting was replied to with a simple, "Hell, Firefly," as she dipped her maw to the senior member. When the other’s green gaze lingered upon her, the black fae began to wonder. She wondered if Firefly knew, and perhaps she should have told her. Or perhaps it did not matter. If Haku had not shared that fact with his mate, then perhaps it did not matter. And she had not gotten pregnant from that single night of December. It was a strange thing for the female, for she did not find such activity necessarily wrong. But she knew the beliefs of this society, and she wondered at it. But when the gaze turned away, the black fae let the matter drop in her mind. Perhaps it would be of no significance.

The black tail waved several times behind her when Mew arrived. She merely nodded a greeting in return and offered her a smile. She liked this female. It was not that she disliked Firefly, but the volatile demeanor was not something that paired well with others. She knew, however, that Firefly could be approachable, and she had shared an afternoon a long while before with her packmate. But Mew had invited her into her house, and she had shared her knowledge of music with her. Cheerfully, the warrior remembered the piano and was still amazed by it.

With the three females having gathered, Cercelee began promptly. The woad marked fae was surprised to hear that she had been able to be part of the council, and she was glad that she had been trusted with such a task. The white orbs glanced at Mew and then Firefly as she considered their new status. "I look forward to working with you," the alto melody offered with a light smile. They were equal in rank as Cercelee had said, but the warrior still considered the other two her seniors. Because of this, she hoped that they would accept her, for she had already done the same for them. Briefly, her gaze turned from the Council members and returned to the blue eyed Rosea. "Is there a task with which we must contend?" Her voice was quiet as she asked. And perhaps there was nothing more. Perhaps the Rosea had merely wished to let them know of this change. Or perhaps there would be something that they must now do. Then the white orbs looked to the other wolves, for the question had been directed to them as well.

[/html]
Firefly sat and ignored her packmates beyond what was expected of her. She was in a off mood and just wanted to get this over with, whatever it was the white Rosea had up her sleeve this time. Her emerald eyes glanced from one member to the other as finally Cercelee began to speak. The golden woman's ears pinned back slightly as the news was dropped like a bomb. Instead of holding rank over the two woman she would now be held on an equal level with them. She had worked hard to get where she was and she was proud of the fact. To suddenly be awarded a council position with members that had ranked lower than her was a little bit more than degrading and she knew that there was nothing she could do.

Instead of outright displaying her dislike for the new change, since she knew that this was Cercelee's choice and she wouldn't have any say in it the golden copper lady just sighed and lifted her front paws one by one, her eyes showing the irritation that she was still sitting out in the cold when she could be curled up next to a fire ignoring the rest of the world and trying to sleep. Those stupid rolling masses inside her seemed to add their own protests of her still being out in the cold as Cwmfen spoke up. Firefly narrowed her eyes slightly as the woad marked woman spoke, though Firefly couldn't say the same to the dark fae she merely nodded slowly, her eyes turning to Mew, who she knew would have some sick sort of enjoyment out of this new change.

When she asked of any tasks or duties for them now Firefly bared her fangs lightly as she yawned. "If there's not then I for one would like to get back to more pressing matters.." like she had anything more pressing than rolling over and exposing her round belly to the sparkling flames of the warth of the hearth... but atleast she had somewhere she'd rather be. Firefly knew her rank and she knew her duties, she wondered if they were about to change though.. as Cwmfen's question suggested that they might. She didn't welcome change so quickly and tonight was already filled with enough change to leave a sour taste in her maw.
[html]
This is crap and I apologize.
Word Count: 372

Mew looked intently at Cercelee, doing her best to ignore her pregnant sister-in-law who at the same time was also her cousin. It wasn't that she didn't feel the femme was worthy of her gaze or any foolish thing like that, it was simply because her presence made her uncomfortable. It was Haku's children she carried inside of her, and she cared for them, but for all Mew cared the shell that kept them alive might as well drop dead. She'd also hurt Haku through hurting Firefly, or at least attempting to hurt Firefly, and that was something which she regretted. Cwmfen and Cer, on the other hand, was on her good side by miles, and it was easier to pay them attention. Thus, her green eyes wandered between them, only landing on Firefly when she joined the conversation. So they were a council, huh? The pregnant femme didn't seem to like this fact, and Mew didn't really care to or fro as long as Firefly would behave herself. She relished any idea of working together with Cwmfen, as she saw a potential close friend in the dark female. She, too, was curious whether Cer had a specific task for them, or whether they had simply been called to be informed. Not speaking up, she turned her gaze on their leader, until Firefly spoke, clearly giving away that she'd rather be elsewhere. Mentally, Mew frowned at this; didn't she feel obligation towards their rosea? Their pack? Honestly, she didn't understand why Cer wanted Haku's mate-bitch to be in a high position anyways, as she clearly didn't deserve it, and clearly had no pressing urge to serve to the benefit of them all.

Mew's eyes went to the bulk on her cousin's stomach, and concluded that perhaps it would be better if Firefly went back home. If not for her own sake then for the litter. However, if she spoke up she knew the woman would get the wrong picture, and judging by the amount of self-control she had she would most likely make a scene. Sighing, though inside of herself, Mew looked to the rosea and said nothing, waiting for her response. The question had already been voiced, so why repeat it?

[/html]
[html]

Navy eyes flitted between the three of them as they digested the news. Cwmfen taking the job with pride and dignity, Mew taking it as a matter of course and new opportunities, and Firefly viewed it with distaste, perhaps even as a demotion. Of course it wasn’t, it was only that Cwmfen and Mew had been raised to her level, and they two certainly deserved it. And Firefly needed to be knocked down a notch, Cercelee knew this to be true. Too often she pulled the rank card, acting high and mighty due to being third in line. Well, certainly the position deserved respect, but Firefly had not treated the rank the way Cer had intended. Now perhaps she would think twice before flashing fangs at the lower members, knowing that two others shared her spot.

Ears perked at the question, and she shook her head in answer. “No current task. In the future you three will be sought out when Haku and I have important decisions to be made, concerning the pack. It is your task to balance Haku’s and my own power, as well as balancing each other.” And they would provide a good balance, Cer was sure of it. No longer could any decision be so rushed, and if ever she or Haku wavered in their judgment, the council would be there, a safety net. Turning to Firefly, she smiled warmly, though her words held weight. “What is more pressing than the well being of our pack? Perhaps you three should take a moment to think over what you can best contribute to this council and what flaw is your biggest, where the other two can pick up your slack?” She looked to Cwmfen and Mew, knowing they would be more apt to play along than Firefly.

[/html]
[html]

500+

Cwmfen offered Firefly a light smile. She knew that the other female with the golden toned fur would be reluctant to commit herself to any sort of activity because of the burden she bore within her womb, and she could imagine her own frustration with such a burden, though it may be fore different reasons. But the black fae did not share her packmate’s eagerness to leave. To the contrary, while the female was an introverted creature who did not enjoy social gatherings, the warrior enjoyed the company of the three wolves in whose company she was sharing. All three wolves had been hospitable, and she had had no reason to loath being in their presence. And, aside from Firefly, these females were quiet creatures. But that was not to say that the black fae disliked the golden female. There was just something that the female approved of, and it was not necessarily her volatile demeanor and, though she had only heard rumors, actions. But the remark of the golden fae did not display discipline, which Cwmfen believed was necessary. It was almost disrespectful to the white Rosea, and thus the black fae did not approve. Yet, she remained silent, for, at least for now, the Firefly was still considered her superior.

Cercelee spoke of a balance, to aid in the leaders’ power of decision. The woad warrior nodded silently and considered each of the wolves once more. The black fae already thought of Firefly as angry and unstable, but the golden Acer was not without reason. And her relationship to Haku would allow her insight to the Lilium’s reasoning. However, the warrior did not think that the priestess would allow herself to be swayed by the views of others, including her mate. It was that one thing of which the warrior was certain: that Firefly would stick to her beliefs. Mew was more quiet, perhaps more so than herself. But she was eager to help, as she had demonstrated when the black fae visited the other’s house. The white fae had kindness and compassion, an instinctive need to nurture the pack. She would provide for more rational thought, the female decided. And yet, the black fae felt that she should know these two females better, and if she were to work with them, it would be appropriate to do so.

But what of herself?

“I have yet to conquer my social inabilities,” the alto melody admitted aloud. The white eyes flickered with a smile as a timidity arose within her. She looked first to Firefly, then, finally, to Mew. “As a practitioner of the arts of war,” the female began, speaking as if her profession were some strange religion, “I can see and consider the many sides of things before deciding which may be the best course.” The warrior provided no absolutes in her statements, for she knew that all things were not constant, save for Death. Moreover, though she did not say it, the female believed that her different social ethics would provide for a different approach to many matters, whatever they may be. Yet, this though she felt was unnecessary, as it would simply be redundant. And she trusted that the other two females were just as intelligent as she.

[/html]
Firefly knew that she wasn't going to get out of the meeting anytime soon and when Cercelee granted them with the truth that for tonight there was no task to be completed or to consider she relaxed slightly. She didn't want to think of what works she could be doing alongside Mew or CWmfen, though she could deal with the two on her own time she didn't like the thought of having to place herself next to them and actually tease out answers to issues that the leaders couldn't work out on their own, or atleast that required further input from the counsil. She rolled the thought of the new committee around in her mind, wondering if there really was anything she could put forth that could ever help the pack.

The golden woman wasn't know for her gentle kindness or warm embrace and most of the pack tended to learn quickly to stay out of her path when she was in a mood. When Cercelee asked her what was more pressing at the moment than the pack's wellbeing she grumbled, her own body aching from the assult of the damn bear she'd gathered when trying to save the loudmouth brat of a pup, Svara. "The future pack's wellbeing speaks in ways out of sight.." she said, her eyes glimmering as she felt a kick to her bladder as she growled softly, not to the leader but the children within, though quieter now than they'd ever been they seemed to know when to cause trouble for the woman, and to get her into trouble.

Firefly could and did show Cercelee respect, though generally she didn't like being forced into a conversation with others and her words showed the white female that just now, a soft warning that though she'd move on with the rank change and perform her duties it wouldn't always be with the softest of graces. She would be who she was and they would have to deal with it. Cercelee had made this choice, not her. She was silent as she thought on what the woman had said, she knew her faults, she knew her flaws.. and she knew the games that she played. Her own strengths were a bit harder to see because she didn't judge herself to often. She narrowed her eyes and pawed at the snow below her as she gave in and decided she'd try this new trial by fire Cercelee wanted to put into play.

While Cwmfen seemed eager to play at the question and answer session Firefly was less so, her emerald eyes lifting only when the other was finished as she spoke up, the bitterness still resting in her voice, "I might not be soft spoken and gentle, but I'm not easily swayed." The woman wasn't swayed easily by fear or even the power of another. She respected Cercelee and it was the woman and not the power she held that Firefly saw in the woman. "and I will speak my mind and don't care at what cost.." She'd felt the last of Cercelee before, she'd driven others to the bring of fear and tears. She would say what was on her mind and she would do what was needed. "..but no matter what you may believe I think of you.. I am loyal to this pack." Her eyes turned to Mew as she spoke, there was little kindness between the two after the news that Mew had brought to the doorstep to the newly mated woman. She still didn't like the woman, and she might act like she didn't like any other packmate in the lands at times.. but she'd thrown her life and that of her unborn children's into a battle for the soul of one of their own.

She could have moved on and acted like she'd never known the dangers Svara had been in but she didn't and she knew she wouldn't in the past. Any hardships and Spats between her and another would only be personal, never something between two packmates.. like every family fought from time to time it was bound to happen in the future with Firefly and another face from their growing clan but she wouldn't endanger the life of another if it could be helped. She glanced away when she was finished speaking, waiting to see just what Mew had to speak on.
[html]
Word Count: 369

Cercelee presented them with a question, and Mew quickly saw that it wasn't necessarily the answers her rosea wanted. By doing this she was probably hoping to create a feeling of unity between them, after they have shared their thoughts on themselves. The white femme only hoped sincerely that her pack leader and friend wouldn't turn the question onto others afterwards, making all of them judge each other in turn. It could quickly escalate, and Mew was too tired for a scene. Her green eyes went to the black woman in front of her as she spoke, then to Firefly as she too answered Cer's question. The orbs then changed to look at something beyond this world, seemingly, as she thought about her task. Her strengths? She was determined, resolute, and she clung hard to her morale and principles. In a way, this was already mentioned by Firefly, as one of her strengths - as someone not easily swayed. And Cwmfen had mentioned her social awkwardness, another point which Mew shared. What was left for her to say? Clearing her mind from this, her thoughts went to Haku, and she knew what she could say.

I rely heavily on justice and my principles, and will be able to remain neutral in situations that require it of me, no matter my relation to those involved. The green eyes landed on Firefly as she said this, hoping the light-headed woman had the wits to understand her point. No matter her relationship with Haku, should he act too out of line she would not hesitate to kick him out. However she often chose to be ignorant about people's history, especially her brother's, but that had nothing to do with pack responsibility, but rather personal preference. Should anyone, even the other three femmes here, any friend or foe of hers, do injustice or become a victim of it, Mew would seek just treatment of those involved, even if she hated them, or loved them. Her gaze landed on the blue-marked female, and she spoke again. I - too - have trouble interacting with pack members. I prefer my own company, and is satisfied with this. That is something I should try to change.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the lateness... been busy.

Cercelee gave them her full attention while they spoke, but she did not look directly at them. Instead she stared off into space, mentally checking off boxes as they went through their own attributes and faults. They were already memorized, Cercelee had taken a long time considering each of them before putting them equal in rank. Firefly failed to note that her fiery spirit and impulsive behaviors could at times be a fault, and Mew and Cwmfen did not seem to realize their aloofness could at times be a positive trait. It all depend on where, when and how. They would figure it out though, they would have to. Working together would always be the easiest of tasks, but they would learn how to use each other’s skills to their highest potential.

Cercelee was satisfied though. They all knew what they had to. Hopefully they wouldn’t have to make much use of the council. It would be used in times of war, in deciding to banish a member if the decision was not clear cut, to decide what to do with the pack if there were a famine or fire or any other disaster. The last of their troubles as a pack probably weren’t over, but the longer Cer did not need to call for a meeting of the council, the better. Regarding them all once more, she nodded, as if to confirm they were done. “Any questions then?”

[/html]