Further confessions
[html]
Set later on the morning of Hanna's confession to Slay. I'm so nervous.

After her heartfelt conversation with Slay, Hanna didn't feel much like talking to anyone. Her eyes ached from the amount of saline she'd wept both before and after her confession, but there was one more person she needed to speak with. As hazardous to her health as it might be, Hanna needed to tell Cercelee how she felt. After all, it was her mate that made Hanna feel the way she was, and it might be better for Cer to hear it from the ebony lady herself as opposed to her piebald man.

Hanna thrust a paw through the thin ice atop Oberon's Spring, lapping halfheartedly at the frigid water. She glared at her reflection, at the tell-tale signs of crying, and then sunk her face into the liquid, shaking her head back and forth. This would have been easier had she been Optime, but she'd not bothered to shift back after delivering her present to Slay. Finally withdrawing her head, she inspected herself. Not much better, but passable. Eh, who was she kidding, Cer would see right through it. Better get this over with.

She tipped her head back, letting a contralto howl release from her muzzle, requesting the presence of Cercelee. "speech!"

[/html]
[html]

ooc buisness

The black and white love of her life had been missing that morning when she awoke from the church and it wasn’t long after she had heard Hanna’s first howl of the day, near to her borders. Any one of her scouts or any wolf nearby could have answered such a call, Cercelee did not imagine it concerned her. Wondering where the male had slipped off to, Cercelee set about her day. Without Slay to distract her she believed she could get some work done, not that there was much work to do. The main church hall needed to be cleaned as she had done for the tiny kitchen and bedroom. That could wait, no one used the vast room, Cer even forget it was the majority of their home most the time. Mostly she wasted her time, thinking of the pack and of Slay. As far as she was concerned it was a typical day.

It was later in the morning, Cercelee was outside wandering aimlessly through the church’s personal vineyards, when the call came for her. From Hanna again. Puzzled the four legged wolf set off, her pace steady. When she arrived she noted first the lingering scent of her own mate on the female, and a stone seemed to drop in her stomach. The scent wouldn’t linger so if they had not had some contact but ignoring her initial jealousy Cercelee took in the sight of the ex-member. Her voice calm, peaceful, she hoped not to seem rude with her question but it was clear Hanna was not having a good day. “Hanna... what’s wrong?” She waited, silently, noting how quickly her heartbeat had suddenly become.
[/html]
[html]
ooc land.

It didn't take long for Cercelee to appear near her position, which was both good and bad. On one hand, Hanna would have liked to have had time to consider what she needed to say. On the other, if she'd had too much time to think about it, the alphess would likely have come upon a sniveling, weeping woman, instead of the zombified femme Hanna appeared to be. Her mismatched eyes were unfocused, seemingly staring at the Spring.

Cercelee asked up front what was wrong. Ah, she'd been right, there was no hiding her feelings. Her mouth flapped a few times, and then she set her jaw and spoke. "Cercelee. I.. have a confession to make to you. It's probably not as bad as you'd think." Her voice was barely audible, but it was providence alone that kept it from breaking. Her paws shuffled, preparing to beat a hasty retreat should Cercelee turn violent.

[/html]
[html]

ooc buisness

Her ears fell back at the words the other spoke, she could feel the adrenaline start pumping into her veins, the unpleasant feeling of impending unhappiness. It was Hanna’s attempt at soothing Cer that made the feelings worse. The Rosea hadn’t thought anything, at least nothing bad about the two. So Slay’s scent was mixed in on Hanna’s fur? They had seen each other the morning, and while it made Cer jealous and she was tempted to remind the male of her fragile feelings in that area she hadn’t really though anything had gone on between the two. Now she wasn’t so sure. Why was Hanna acting as if she had something to apologize for?

“Hanna...” Cercelee paused, considering. Part of her mind flew to the worse possible scenario, and while she knew it was irrational and unreasonable once present she couldn’t chase the idea away. If that were the case, she didn’t even want to know. Would just turn and leave, speaking to neither of them again. Yet she trusted Slay, knew he would never hurt her so. Not so soon into their relationship. And Hanna had assumed this was what Cer was thinking all along, assuring her it was not all so bad. So she had to be rational, and let the words come and chase away her silly fears. Fears she new were unfounded because Slay loved her and only her. “Well, you can tell me, anything. Really.”
[/html]
[html]
If violence is in the future, Hanna's due to get a couple scars. Feel free to land a few bites.

The dark female heaved a sigh and looked up, studying Cercelee's navy eyes. She couldn't decide how best to say it. Well... it needed to come out, and she didn't want to confuse Cer, so maybe it was best to just blurt it out. "Cer... I.. have feelings for Slay. I told him earlier and... He doesn't feel the same way about me.."

Here, her voice did break, and more tears (would they ever stop?) dropped from her eyes. She'd not intended on crying in front of the leader, but there was nothing she could do. Hanna angled her body away from Cer's, raising a paw to her eyes to scrub away the tears. She wasn't worried about her well-being. It really wasn't a big deal anymore.

[/html]
[html]

Unless your name is Haku, Cer is a pacifist

The words came and though Cercelee heard them, they took a moment longer to process. Hanna had what for her mate? Yet she had been prepared for the worst and this was not the worst. A female couldn’t help what she felt, and sometimes even what she did. The woman hadn’t made a move on her mate, not exactly. She had told Slay, and while Cercelee personally felt that was inappropriate it was out now. And Slay had said he did not feel the same. Well he had better not! Had his answer been any different Cercelee could have come up with a hundred and one ways to make the male miserable after pledging himself to her.

“Hanna…” She didn’t really know what to say to the women. Why had she told her this? Why had she confessed to Slay? Any reason Cercelee came up with was selfish. Either to make herself feel better or was it in hopes Slay would change his mind about his mateship? Her stomach twisted, but she tried not to focus on it, but found she couldn’t keep it out of her mind. “Hanna, why are you telling me this?” There. Why indeed?
[/html]
[html]
Lol, okay. Poor Haku.

Her head shook back and forth. She didn't know herself why she was telling Cercelee this, knowing that it could be the end of a friendship. It was something she felt needed to be done, the same as when she'd told Slay in the first place. She couldn't play games like that, not when she was helping the pack out. She couldn't keep up a lie, and she couldn't keep secrets. Hadn't she basically blurted it out in front of Svara? Had she left this alone, eventually it would have come out, in one way or another.

She turned to face the white lady again, taking a deep breath. "You know.. I'm not exactly sure myself, other than that I thought you should know. It.. seemed only right that I tell you." And, better, perhaps that she hear it from the ebony lady than to hear it from Slay later tonight. She could imagine that: Oh, m'dovely, Hanna came by today. She says she loves me. ...She says WHAT?!?!?!

She gave a half-hearted smile to herself, but not because of what had just run through her mind. "I wouldn't have taken him, anyway, even if he did feel the same way. It wouldn't be right. I just needed to let him know, needed it off my chest."

[/html]
[html]

“He would have told me.” The words were blunt, but Cercelee did not like others making assumptions about her relationship. Cercelee had no doubt she would go home to Slay and he would tell her that he had encountered Hanna and just what the sable female had to say. Cercelee would thank him for his honesty and then they would smile at each other and curl up with each other, lulled into sleep by the other’s warmth. Cercelee wouldn’t have gotten angry hearing the words from the male, for she knew he wouldn’t keep anything to himself if it meant that it might jeopardize their mateship. She trusted him. She trusted them. They were perfect.

Cercelee ears flickered at Hanna’s response, not knowing if she truly believed them but nodding consent anyway. If Slay had feelings for Hanna, well... when one was in love they did not always think with their head. Cercelee knew often that even when it meant betraying another, when two wished to be together there was little stopping them. Yet Slay didn’t have feelings for Hanna, at one point perhaps they could have developed, but what was between the Rosea and her mate had been growing for a long time, almost since they had met. It would be a hard thing indeed to rival that. “Thank you for sharing with me Hanna.” Her voice was kind, confident, but she didn’t really know what to say to any of this, so she merely waited for the older female to say something, anything.
[/html]
Apologies!

[html]
Lol, okay. Poor Haku.

Cercelee was quick to defend the fact that Slay would have divulged what Hanna had told him to the white femme. Hanna smiled a little wider, cleared her throat a little, and then put more inflection into what she was saying. Monotones really didn't make for easy conversation, and this was something she wanted Cer to understand. "Oh, no doubt he would have told you. I never doubted that would happen. But, tell me, please: Would you rather have heard it from him alone than to have heard it from my own lips, as well? Isn't it better that I own up to how I feel to the person who means the most to Slay?"

Her voice never rose above normal, and in fact was slightly less than such, her eyes lowered respectfully though her body faced Cer's. Her body was in a vaguely dominant position, not to display challenge, but to emphasize her words. Hanna's blackened tail was raised slightly, her fur fluffed out a little, but she maintained submission in every other line of her body.

"I didn't really want to tell you, but I didn't see how I could keep up a ruse, especially not with his obvious devotion to you. I was more than a little worried that you'd ban me from the packlands, which would hurt me worse than the gravest physical wounds. Even though I'm not a member anymore, I still love this pack from the bottom of my heart, and I'll always be loyal." Her tail and hackles relaxed, her head dipping toward the ground. Hanna had done what she set out to do, and now was experiencing a weird turn of emotions toward comfort and soothing.

[/html]
[html]

Cercelee wouldn’t have minded hearing it from Slay alone. As far as she was concerned, even if Hanna truly loved her mate, anything pertaining their relationship was just between the two of them. They needed no outside intervention. Including this. Yet Cercelee knew Hanna was only trying to do what she believed was right and so Cercelee said nothing, except smiled as best she could at the female.

Cercelee flicked an ear at Hanna’s words, her fear of being banned. Did they view her so childish and flighty that she would ban another, listening to her heart and not her head? It insulted the Rosea, who strode to always be fair and just. Perhaps she was not the most experienced leader, but neither was she some airheaded women, banning others to keep her male out of sight and mind of others. “I wouldn’t ban you until you break one of our laws, hurt one of our members. However, loyal to me is living and working within the pack, not without. You are not a member Hanna, please remember that. When you cross our borders you should do so only with permission, and when you look upon a Dahlian wolf you should give them the upmost respect while you are in their lands.”

This wasn’t Hanna’s home any longer, though Cercelee wouldn’t have turned Hanna away if she asked to come back. The Rosea was blunt and unapologetic with her words, perhaps she was just weary of the whole conversation. It was time to extract herself from it. “I’m sorry Hanna, but I have to go. I trust you can see yourself out?” Cercleee bowed her head at one of the founding members of Dahlia and then turned her back on her and left.
[/html]