now my feet won't touch the ground
[html]
Dated to Feb. 17 :3
300+

As she ran back to the mansion it felt like her feet weren't even hitting the snow-covered ground. She didn't even hear the wind whizzing past her ears. It was like cotton had been stuffed in them and all she could hear was her heart pounding. Her mouth was open in a wide smile as she ran inside the door and bolted up the stairs. "Kansas!" she called excitedly as she skidded to a stop inside of their room. Emerald eyes darted around but there was no sign of him. He must have woken up and gone somewhere else. Moving back out to the hallway she sniffed the ground and caught his scent. She followed it down the stairs and out the front door.

The raven femme realized he must have gone out to do border duties or something. A happy bark emitted from her throat as she jumped from the porch to the ground. In her head she silently scolded herself. She was carrying puppies now, such little stunts were far too dangerous. It was hard to help it though, her joy was uncontainable. Once again her long legs tore off in the direction of her mate's scent. She wouldn't stop until she found him and was able to tell him the amazing news.

As she came to the boundaries of their land she followed his smell right along the edge of it. The shell necklace he had given her clinked merrily on it's chain as it was jostled around from her quick pace. Her feet had carried her close to the lake when finally she spotted him just up ahead. Bushy tail began to wag furiously as she used the rest of her energy to cut him off. "Kansas!" When she reached him she showered his face in licks and kisses. Her whole body was glowing with joyous energy.

[/html]
[html]

That's a pretty table. Smile 300+

After spending the morning at the mansion, looking through a scrap of newspaper he'd found in an old wooden box, Kansas had decided to take care of his duties so he'd have the afternoon free. The midmorning sun did little to warm him, and he'd forgotten to put on the scarf Savina had given him. Not wearing it always made him feel slightly guilty. He felt he didn't do much to show his appreciation for her, and having the scarf around his neck was just one of those subtle things he liked doing for her. And, regrettably, he was cold without it.

He'd patrolled the northwestern portion of Crimson Dreams for about an hour. Nothing was amiss there, not that he'd expected it to be. Since Conri's departure, things had seemed calm and much happier. But that was just his perception. Satisfied with the area he was watching, the Sadira boy jogged toward the lake. There was always a chance of stragglers near water.

He reached the lake in no time; Kansas had mapped out the territory in his mind and new all its shortcuts. Ice had collected around the lake's banks, but its center had thawed. Spring would be here soon. He sat a few feet back from the shore, watching the water ripple in the wind. A familiar scent caught his attention suddenly; he wheeled around to see Savina racing toward him. His eyes lit up as they always did, but he worried that perhaps something was wrong because of her rapid pace. All doubts were erased when she called his name and showered him with excited kisses. Grinning, he licked her cheek a few times and touched his chin to her shoulder in a short embrace, his tail waving slowly at his heels. "Savina... What is it?" Something told him that whatever it was, it was very good.

[/html]
[html]
Thanks! Jenny/Ehno made it for meh :3 short D:

As her beloved mate returned her kisses with his own she let out a happy little whine. As he let his chin touch her shoulder she briefly nuzzled against his neck, breathing in his scent. She knew it almost better than her own now, but that didn't mean that she loved it any less. Then as he asked her what it was her eyes were full of light as she looked into his. Sitting down was out of the question for her, she was far too happy and excited. Her tail would probably only bounce her back up if she tried. "I just found out, Kansas I'm pregnant!"

Her heart swelled in her chest. Savina couldn't wait to see his face, to see the subtle emotions play on his handsome visage. She knew that he had his concerns about his ability to be a parent, but he would be happy, she knew he would be. "We're going to be parents my love!" A bit redundant perhaps, but the raven fey just couldn't contain herself. Never before had she had so much energy surging through her. Energy that was impossible to hide even if she had wanted to.

[/html]
[html]

This totally made me think of Knocked Up, even though it's totally different.
"I'm pregnant."
"Fuck off!" xP

Though he didn't yet know what caused it, her excitement was contagious. He felt an electric warmth in his belly that traveled through to his chest and face. The energy of it made him want to jump around, but instead he shifted his weight from one front paw to the other, leaning back and fourth. He imagined her eyes closing as they touched... it felt so good to be loved like this. She pulled away, and he knew now was the time she would tell him what was on her mind.

And then the words left her velvet lips. The baby blue pools widened, his waving tail slowing to a stop. "Savina, you're..." he said slowly. Then it sunk in. She was pregnant. With his children. Shit! The reality hit him like a speeding semi, and he felt as if the energy inside him had burst like a bomb. His eyes were alight with joy and surprise. They'd been diligent about trying for puppies, but he hadn't expected feeling this way when it happened. He rushed into her slender body for yet another embrace, showering her neck with gentle licks. "I-I'm so happy. So happy for you. For us." He smiled into her soft, dark fur. This was a happiness so different... it felt wonderful. And he didn't even feel afraid. "How long.. how far along do you think you are?"

[/html]
[html]
Hahahaha! God I love that movie XD
300+

She could feel her energy transferring over to him. Perhaps it was only natural, but she wanted to think it was because of how closely they were linked. That such feelings could be so easily transferred from one to the other without the use of words. As his feet shifted she just let herself rock with him for a few seconds, just loving being close to him. But even that contentment couldn't pull her away from the high voltage feelings coursing through her.

The shocked look on his face didn't surprise her in the least. She had experienced what he was feeling right now just a few moments before. When Geneva had asked her if she was pregnant, that reality sinking in had caused the same reaction in her. Though in mere seconds she had had tears of joy rolling down her cheeks, almost unable to believe that they had been that lucky. Once Kansas' mind was able to recover from the news she saw that same joy in him. When he rushed towards her and licked her neck she leaned into him, burying her nose in his cream fur. "I'm so happy too. So, so happy." They were going to be parents. Her dream was really coming true. She was going to have children with the man she loved more than anything else in the world.

"I don't think I'm very far along at all. The past few days I've been really hungry, and then when Geneva and I took down a doe this morning I got sick before I could eat. She was the one who realized it and told me." Even though she would have found out sooner or later, she was glad to have had Geneva to notice the signs so quickly. It would give them more time to plan and be prepared. Savina sat back onto her haunches, looking at her as of now still flat stomach. "I wonder what they'll look like," she mused aloud to her mate. "I'll have to teach you some Italian, because I'm going to make sure they know." She smiled broadly at her handsome white knight. She had wanted to teach him and now she had the perfect excuse.

[/html]
[html]

Any time she cried, a place in him chilled. Even when the tears were born of happiness. But seeing the joyful tears stream down her face also made him very happy. He felt... special, for maybe he was the only one who saw her cry of happiness. Her emerald eyes swam with her emotion; if he was shifted he would have wiped her tears away. She pushed her small nose into his coat, her words muffled—but he heard her. And he believed her.

He pulled away to listen as she told him the story of how she'd found out. And briefly, his eyes flickered with doubt. Could she be certain, then? After a short few seconds, he scolded himself. Of course she was sure. She wouldn't have come to him with such excitement if she wasn't sure; she knew herself. Reassured, the Sadira smiled genuinely, his eyes alight.

He knew she would be a wonderful mother. He saw it in the way she cared for the pack. In the little ways she cared for him. "I want them to look just like you." Kansas laughed. Her desire to keep her native language alive in their children was... admirable. He was touched when she offered to teach him, too. "Yeah, of course. I'd love to learn." A few moments passed before he looked at her more seriously, his gaze unwavering. "I'll... take care of them, Savina. I won't let anything happen to them. I promise."

[/html]
[html]
Maybe start to wrap this one up soon and then have the thread where he teaches her more reading stuff and she starts to teach him Italian? Big Grin
300+

Maybe it had been a little brash, to come to him so quickly. After all she was probably only a week or two pregnant at this point. But no, she knew. She knew that hunger and nausea were some of the side effects of being pregnant. Not only that but Geneva said that she had been sure as well. Deep down inside of her she knew that she was with child. It was a feeling that couldn't be explained, couldn't be pinpointed. But it was there and she was certain that their children were there, growing inside of her. The shadow of doubt in her mind was completely washed away. As long as she was careful and everything went right, in only a couple moons' time they would be caring for their newborn pups.

Her eyes glittered as she looked at him and gave his cheek another quick lick. "All of them completely dark? Now that would be boring. I hope they have some variety. It would be a shame for your handsome coloring to be lost." When it came to looks she could be just as modest as he was. When he told her she was beautiful she did feel it, and she believed him. Still, she didn't think she was anything special. Only he made her so. "Oh good! You're so smart I'm sure you'll catch on in no time, love." He was so talented at reading and writing that learning a new language would probably be no problem at all.

Her mate's sudden seriousness was matched with some of her own. It warmed her heart as he said those words to her. Savina had never doubted that he would protect their children, but to hear him say it with such confidence. He would do anything for them. The girl rubbed her nose against his. "I know my love. Thank you. We'll both do everything to keep them safe and happy." They would meet this new part of their life together and she had ever confidence they would do fantastically. "I'm so happy that you are the father of my pups Kansas." He was her one and only.

[/html]
[html]

Sounds chill dawg, and this is short.

He looked at his feet, grinning, as her tongue brushed against his cheek. He was just kidding, of course, but he wouldn't have minded his children being identical to Savina. The boy chuckled softly; he didn't think he was particularly stunning, but he didn't worry about it. She thought he was handsome, and whether others did or not was of no consequence to him. "They'll... be beautiful," he said with another smile. He really was sure of that.

He was excited about the prospect of learning something new, as always. Perhaps that was slightly pathetic. But Kansas also saw it as a way to bring himself closer to Savina, and to their future family. Maybe. His snowy tail began to wave at his heels as he stood, nudging her soft, thin cheek. "I'm happy I am too. I didn't... ever think I'd be a father. It didn't seem right for me." He paused briefly. "But with you... it is right." And he wasn't lying. He wasn't simply trying to appease her.

[/html]
[html]
Okie! Since the due date is fast approaching I'm just going to fade to black in this post. :3
300+

She wasn't sure how good a teacher she was still. Though she had taught Apollo and he had become quite the fluent speaker. Though that could have been just as much from his brightness as her instructing. But Kansas was very bright as well. Maybe she was just going to be gifted to have such great students. She also saw it as an opportunity to bring them closer together. It would give him a sense of her history and give him yet another part of her. It would undoubtedly bring their family closer together as well.

Savina's tail began to wave happily again at his words. As always she could see and hear the truth and confidence in his words. Deep down she knew that he would never try to deceive her either. They had built their relationship on openness and honesty. They knew each other's pasts and their faults. Sure, they might stumbled every now and then as she had, but they would make it through no matter what. The mother-to-be felt she had no words to respond to him so she simply gave his neck a loving nibble and let out a happy whine.

All of a sudden she could feel the adrenaline leaking out of her system and felt a sleepiness descend over her body. Delicate muzzle opened in a small yawn. Blinking with heavy lids at her mate she nuzzled her nose against his. "Let's go back to the room. I think I should lay down. Don't want to overexert myself." From now on she would have to not work as hard, take things easy. She doubted she would have a problem doing that, her unborn children were more important than anything. Turning back in the direction of the mansion she walked side by side with her mate back to their home.

[/html]