too much dust on your soul
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OOC: HAI! 300+

Lubomir Varg was in a bit of a conundrum. He wasn't exactly sure how all this had happened but standing in the doorway of the library, he could feel small waves of despair crashing against the shores of his resolve. Somehow, he'd left the windows opened during the night and rain had washed into the building. He sighed. He should have expected something like this to happen eventually, but he certainly did not think it would be this soon. The grey male hovered on the edge of the door, wary. He could turn around and forget all about this foolish idea, only getting books for himself now and again. Or he could go in and start salvaging what was intact.

Really, there was no option, just a weak excuse. Sighing, he went in and threw his hands up in despair. Water everywhere, and some of the books, placed the night before away from the shelves for stocking, were ruined. He let out a howl of frustration and went to the fireplace. If he could get a fire started, maybe there were some volumes which could still be rescued. The whole process was tiresome and it took a while for the embers to catch again, but soon cheery flames contrasted the wet and gloomy library. Getting up, he went to one of the armchairs, where the water seemed to have come down the most. Lubomir started gathering the wet books. These were beyond any help.

A couple of hours passed and the male had done about half the work. Stretching, he walked to one of the windows and leaned against the windowsill. The sun was shinning again, and he felt annoyed that the weather had wrecked his books like that. Still, no use crying over spilt milk. He'd take a short break, nothing more. Then back to work. For once, he actually needed some help. But really, who could he ask? Mew was the obvious choice, but he knew that her very presence would distract him from work. He would be so enthralled by her scent, her movement, her eyes, that nothing else would matter. With a small smile, he leaned further against the sill and stared at the small town. Wolfville, Dahlia de Mai. Home.

[/html]
[html]

http://i42.tinypic.com/wbfo29.png); width: 450px; height: 431px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #000 solid;">

HAIIIIAIAIE! 300+

She was feeling better now. After taking some time away from the pack lands, Alexey could finally think straight once again. As long as she steered clear of Haku and Adelaida for the time being, her mood would remain untarnished. Part of her wanted to visit the puppies just because she genuinely liked their presence, but she knew better than to invade the Lillium’s privacy (again). She was the caregiver, not their mother. Alexey had to remind herself of that constantly.

The tawny femme had nothing to do. Her best friend was nowhere to be found. It felt like they hadn’t talked in forever, despite the fact that they were living in the same house. She was walking aimlessly through the small town, quite satisfied with how quickly she had grown accustomed to moving around on two legs. She still struggled with it here and there, but there was definitely a major improvement. Wolfville was more fascinating now that she could relate to humans a little better.

There were a few places she hadn’t bothered visiting until now. The library was one of those places. Books just weren’t her thing. She couldn’t read nor write, so what was the point in visiting an old building that held nothing of interest to her? Lexey had planned on avoiding the library and continuing a little further down the road but someone eventually caught her attention. A pack mate, most obviously. Who was he?

It was hard to get a good look at him. The sun was blinding her partially, making it nearly impossible to see him at all. Her only option was to get a little closer, so she deviated from her route and headed in the male’s direction. “ Hey,” she called out softly, hesitating for a moment before continuing toward him. Hopefully he would not mind the sudden intrusion.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OOC: Would you like some fail with your wine? 300+

For all that the sun was blinding him, the grey male felt disinclined to move from where he stood. The rays warmed his fur and he closed his eyes against the comfort of the light. He knew that soon enough he would have to return to his chore, but for now he could lose himself in the solitude and quiet of the village. It reminded him of Europe, the smell of the sea drifting in from across the bay, the breeze tolerable and now, with the sky no longer cloudy, almost like spring. He knew it would not last for long. Many things didn't. But spring would come to these lands and thaw the ice. Like love had thawed the cold around his heart.

With a smile, he turned to go back to his books when a voice caught his attention. He squinted against the light before becoming annoyed and leaving the window sill. He carefully picked his way through the books and went outside to get a better look at his visitor. She was a stunning girl and he found himself admiring her slender form. True, to his heart no one would ever be as beautiful as Mew, but were it not for love and its ability to blind people emotionally, he could say that this female would hold a place in his heart. She seemed somewhat unsteady, though the trend was certainly not visible to anyone giving her a casual glance. He wondered if she had just learned how to shift, or if she had preferred the four-legged form. He would not find it that strange; after all, he himself had only just started to spend his days shifted, a change he was certainly enjoying.

Lubomir bowed to her before smiling widely and replying, "Hello, my beautiful lady. How may I help you?" It was common courtesy to him, though from what he knew of these lands, such chivalry was hard to come by. Still, no harm in being nice to someone he shared the pack with.

[/html]
[html]

http://i42.tinypic.com/wbfo29.png); width: 450px; height: 431px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #000 solid;">

<3 300+

The Koios girl was a little taken aback by the male’s sudden disappearance from the window. For a moment, she wondered if he had only been a figment of her imagination. Alexey had turned her eyes away from the mysterious fellow for a split second and poof; he had vanished. Weird. She was about to turn away when he suddenly emerged from the front door, giving her the impression that he was some kind of illusion; a mirage to be exact. The tan female simply stood there, unsure of what to say. What if it was the sun playing tricks on her? She’d look real stupid if someone happened to walk by while she was speaking to an imaginary friend.

But then he greeted her with a courteous bow, which was all the proof she needed to confirm his existence. Perhaps she wasn’t going crazy after all. His greeting was accompanied by a compliment, causing Alexey to curiously look behind her, hoping to find the beautiful lady he was talking about. No one there. Had the compliment been aimed at her? It sure seemed like it. The caregiver couldn’t help but feel a little self-conscious; she couldn’t remember the last time she’d received praise from someone she did not know.

Such formal greetings were foreign to her but she quickly took a liking to them. An anxious giggle passed her lips as she brought one of her hands up to rub the back of her head, something she often did when faced with unusual situations. “I, uhm,” she paused and tried to think of a decent answer to his question. Did she even need his help? “I just figured I would stop by and introduce myself. I’m Alexey.” The two-year-old femme flicked an ear forward as she not-so subtly tried to peek behind her pack mate. “What were you doing in there?” Curiosity always got the best of her.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: I love how I arbitrarily decide which threads to reply to XDD Many tabs are to be had! 300+

She seemed so sweet, the way she blushed. Lubomir had initially thought that she would take offence at his way of speaking. Perhaps she did not think she deserved the compliment? There were such females about for sure, but he hoped she was not one of them. She was much younger than him, so perhaps she would be more understanding of him than some older girls. The way she giggled made him smile at here again, his warm, charming smile, the one that generally melted hearts and made people happy. He could not imagine what a wondrous creature as her was doing around alone and why males were not pursuing her. Perhaps he really had outdated images of love and courtship. Alexey. Her name rang nicely in his ears. "I am very glad to meet you, my lady Alexey. I am Lubomir, formerly of Shadowed Sun, now a proud member of Dahlia de Mai." It seemed rather redundant to introduce himself this way, but there you go.

Her curious look earned her another smile. He turned around himself, more out of a reflex than a need to confirm that indeed, the library was still there. He knew the work he would have to go back to, but for now he would enjoy some time in the sun and the company of a lovely packmate. "I've taken the unofficial role of Librarian. I'm trying to restore the place to its former glory." Lubomir laughed. "It sounds so pompous. I'm hoping to open the place out for the wolves of Dahlia come spring, but there is still a lot to do. The rain last night got in and I need to soak up all the water unless everyone wants to pick mould off their fur." He turned to look at her again, cocking his head to one side. "Do you read, lady Alexey?"

[/html]
[html]

300+

“ Pleasure is mine.” Although it might’ve sounded like she had only replied out of courtesy, an assumption of the sort would’ve been completely false. She really meant those words. The tawny girl could not remember the last time someone had been so polite to her, aside from the puppy she’d once tried to manipulate into coming home with her: Salem was his name. Conversing with someone like Lubomir had brightened her day thus far.

Shadowed Sun. Alexey had to dig deep into her memory to remember where she’d heard that name before. Ah yes, two packs had merged to form Crimson Dreams; Shadowed Sun being one of them. “How come you’re not a member of Crimson Dreams then?” she questioned, a little intrigued with how he had most obviously chosen Dahlia de Mai over the other pack.

“A librarian,” she repeated softly, listening to the higher-ranked male’s description of his project. Honey-hued eyes peered behind his tall frame once again, attempting to understand why he had described the old building as a once glorious place. It was basically a big house filled with a bunch of old books, nothing special there.

Alexey blinked, absorbing the information that was being given to her. Her face scrunched up into a disgusted grimace when the grey wolf mentioned mold and how Dahlians might have to pick the fungi out of their furs. Oh no, they certainly couldn’t allow that to happen! “Maybe I can help you clean up?” she offered with a small wag of her tail, hoping Lubomir would allow her to help him with the task at hand.

Just because she couldn’t read, it didn’t mean that she couldn’t lend him a hand in restoring the place if it meant so much to him. The two-year-old femme had nothing better to do anyway. Another inquiry came and Lexey simply shook her head as a reply, confirming the fact that she didn’t know how to read.

[/html]