The Footing is Treacherous Here
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... fenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

I hope that you don’t mind me starting it out this way—I needed something that would distract her... I wasn’t sure what form Hybrid would be in, but I have her in Lupus form. And she will be wandering down from Halcyon Mountain from her encounter with Ezekiel ^=^ She’s wandering on the on the northern most tip of the lake in Arachnea’s Revenge.
500+

The world of Halcyon Mountain had been incredible. The juxtaposition of the ashes of the dead and the promise of new life beneath it was a strange thing to touch and experience. But the world had been beautiful on that day as well, and the weather had grown cold once more, despite the efforts of the pale sunlight. And she had encountered—or perhaps he had encountered her—a male of Inferni. It was strange, at first, for the warrior to accept that a creature from that clan could be so mild, but perhaps she had been quick to judge. Perhaps the members of Inferni had put the war behind them. She could not, however, shake the feeling that, if any conflict worth mentioning were to arise, the perpetrator—or, at least, participant—would be Inferni. And because of this intuition, whether it was true or not, the female would exercise her caution.

Silently, with the Raven tailing her from a great height, she had descended the mountains and left that strange world behind. Now, she was creating a great circle intending to return to Dahlia after having explored the unclaimed land about it. Briefly, she had considered wandering near that strange, human jungle of Halifax, but she had decided against it. There was no reason to explore that area at the moment, for she had already been there. Or perhaps she had wanted to go there because there was a chance that she would run into that black, blue-eyed male with whom she had shared a night. But he was a lone wolf and prone to traveling about, and there was no guarantee that he would be there today—at least that’s what she told herself. And she had other matters at hand anyway. She needed to understand the land better. It was what a warrior needed to know.

Surfacing from her thoughts, the black fae found herself a lake. Its depths were strange and blue, and she had a feeling that the waters were deep and gelid, welcoming only to the eyes. And the lake’s beauty did not go unnoticed by the woad bound warrior. But the waters were frozen over, and she was curious as to what the lake would tell her.

Her paws tested the ice, and it was firm, so she continued across it. The sound of the shifting ice cracked about her in a strange melody that sang with a warning. And she heard that warning too late. Already, she was out too far, and the warm sun of earlier days had softened the hard shell of winter. The she-wolf let out a bark of alarm as the ice gave way, and her limbs sought to grasp anything solid. The water that enveloped her body was shockingly cold, and it pulled her down. But some luck was with her, for she was brought back to the surface, and her black claws scraped against the ice as her muscles worked to pull her from that icy grave. The air penetrated through the wetness of her coat as she shook herself. Shivering the female quickly and carefully carried herself from the lake, leaving it behind. And once on land, she could not help but feel that she had been careless and stupid.

[/html]
[html]
336. No problem! (: Hybrid is in his Secui form.

I'm not for you, you're not for me;
I'll kill you first, you wait and see

Time was gone. That was not to say that Hybrid was short on time or that he was running late, but rather, that time did not exist. It had never existed and never would, for it was not infinitely existing but infinitely . It was nowhere, the negative infinity to which the world never reached, never saw, never touched, never experienced. It was a void. Negative matter. Negative energy. And it was nothing. Hybrid could feel nothing as his paws met the ground, sense nothing, hear nothing; it was simply gone. Everything.

It was gone.

Hybrid was silent. His eyes sought out forms that were not there, tracing the landscape of Arachnea's Revenge. Trees, snow, ice, blades of grass, breath, nothing. But he could see his breath in front of him, coming out in dry puffs. He exhaled once more, watching as his breath appeared, and then -- nothing. Gone. It was disappeared into the limitless abyss that was the air.

His footsteps were slow. Precise. It was almost as if he was taking his time, choosing to meander slowly through the lands. For whatever reason. He was.

Walking.

Walking.

Walking.

Stopped. He frowned. There was someone. Something? No. Someone. Close by. Nearby. He could smell them. Or could he?

No. He could definitely smell them. He could feel again. The sensation as the blood rushed down his legs, bringing oxygen to his muscles, then racing back to his heart. Racing. Running a race. But Hybrid had no race to run. He smiled. Fangs. Smiling. He approached the wolf, marred with her strange blue and glowing in the snow. She was cold. Wet. Miserable. She would be more miserable. He would not. He would be well. Not good. He would be well. Well off to drink her blood and devour her eyes. Wherever they were.

He leapt at her. There was no warning, no graceful sidestepping or delicate movements. Upon his arrival, he pounced, forelegs outstretched, fangs bared and claws extended. Hurt. She would feel pain.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... fenban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

That’s perfect, ^=^ Also, how much damage did you plan on Hybrid doing to her? I don’t mind either way. Maybe not so many deep scars?
300+

Her body trembled beneath the Cold’s unforgiving touch. The wind stroked her body, and with each stroke she felt as if Death would grow nearer. A soft growl of frustration came from the wolf, for that instinct of survival bid her to move. But the Cold’s touch, however cruel, eased her muscles, froze them into a state of immobility. She wanted to lie down and rest, but she knew that she had to move and find some source of heat. Idiot, she admonished herself, for this would not be the first time that water tempted Death upon her life. Struggling, the female rose from her hunched position, and having done so, she felt it easier to move, as if any movement had shrugged off Death’s hand. The white orbs lifted from the earth. She froze. There was someone there. A male. A coyote.

Inferni.

That was all the warning she had. Suddenly, he was upon her. She was so much smaller in this form. That would not have been a problem. The warrior was trained, and she fought well. But it was as if Death had called upon a demon with mockery, and the Cold and the water made her slow. She snarled as she fell beneath him. His claws pushed into her body as she attempted to turn, and he caught her flank with a ripping, bruising force. Her cry of pain entered the world in a fierce snarl. But he brought warmth with him—she could feel it in the air. Her blood warmed her side as it leaked from those tears, and it made her slow. But it loosened her muscles. As her body hit the earth, the wind knocked out of her and her right shoulder was given to his fangs. But the warrior tore loose, opening her own jaws to tear into his shoulder, his neck—anything. Anything that would get him off. But there was something strange about the secui. Something hot. Something empty. Her lithe body struggled beneath the chaotic, unguided movements of the male. And as her fangs and claws sought his flesh, her body became alive, if only for this crucial moment, with adrenalin. And refined instinct took over.

[/html]
[html]
That's all up to you! Just pick what you want to scar badly, jaa? :3 And she should get some hits in on Hybrid. He doesn't realize it at this point, but she managed to land a hit on him when she was struggling. He's too focused! >_< I'll mention it in my next post.

He took her down. He could feel the movement, as they fell toward the earth, then -- crashed. He took some of her skin and fur and life and her with him. He felt flesh give way to claw and ripped out a chunk of her flank. His fangs found their destination, tearing into her right shoulder. Just as soon as he clamped down, she pulled herself free. Hybrid snarled at the loss of contact, thrashing and trying to keep the girl pinned. She began to move, jaws agape and fangs gleaming in the dim light. Hybrid threw himself onto her, plunging down, down, deeper -- swimming -- with his fangs bared, trying to grab a hold of her neck and rip it out. He tried to distribute his weight across her body and prevent her from thrashing, able to use his weight against her. For the first time in his life, he was larger than someone else in size. Brilliant.

He moved to pin her down, trying to dig his front claws into her shoulder and neck to stabilize her and use his back legs to pin her lower body to the ground. His half-shifted form made him larger in size, yes, but he was slightly more awkward. He was longer than she, and had to try and find parts of her body to hold down, against the ground, lest she find an opportunity and attack. If he could grasp her and hold her still, perhaps he would be afforded enough time to kill her.

[/html]
[html]

A big long gash down her back would be cool... >___> Aside from the other things she’ll get from him, hahah, ^=^
300+

The coyotes stench was overwhelming as he threw himself at her. Deep within, the rational mind of the wolf questioned her attacker’s motives. Swiftly, her mind ran threw the scents that she had stored within the deep recesses of her mind. But this scent was different—foreign. She didn’t know what motive this creature would have. Or perhaps he didn’t have one. Perhaps he had merely taken advantage of her situation, or perhaps he would have attacked regardless of her state. And that made him dangerous. But these thoughts were only a brief flicker in the sea of time, and it was lost deep within that chaos, for reason had no place her. Here, she relied upon instinct alone. Instinct and the fighting in which she had been trained that came forth with ease.

The black fae growled as he ripped into her. The coy’s movements were quick, frantic. The wounds that he had ripped into her flank and shoulder were superficial—deep enough to draw blood but shallow enough to miss even the necessary muscle that propelled her body. But the pain did not register in that wilder, feral mind. Her body continued to struggle against his larger form, her jaws snapping at his shoulder and face, her claws pushing against his chest. She felt his blood on her tongue, could smell it in the air. But soon, with all the spray, the scents of their blood comingled in the air, on the snow, in their fur. And like her, the male did not stop, could not stop, for mere pain. But when his jaws sought her shoulder, her snarl was renewed. Her head whipped about as her hungry jaws sought the ones that held her shoulder. But they found nothing, and he had released her.

Now his struggle was renewed as he sought to pin her down. His heavy paws pressed down upon her neck and shoulder and drew the blood that raced from that wound. The black fae’s snarls were feral, and her control was beginning to slip for the first time in her life. She was wild, her teeth fiercely seeking purchase in his flesh. But she was growing tired, and even the adrenalin could not sustain her rapidly cooling body. But her body moving against his gave her enough room to try and move away, and her body spun under him like the body of a snake as she placed herself back onto her feet. If she was able to get away, she would have turned and thrown herself at him, attacking and seeking his throat where she should have simply run away.

[/html]
[html]
539. Alright! :3

He could hear them now. Their faces, charred with dust, dirt, debris, shrapnel, scarred with anger and revulsion. He could hear their voices. A woman’s voice, now, speaking – eyes sad and distorted from what she had seen – recounting it all while everyone watched, silently. The hate in my heart now is too big to describe to you. I never thought I was capable of hating so much but, day after day, the anger increases. And it did. Day after day, the bloodshed continued, the broken bones and broken hearts added up, counting, counting (always counting) until – now. There was nothing. It was gone. But the hatred remained. A civilization long gone, people long since deceased, but Hybrid could still hold their hatred true in his heart, for he found the very essence of it addictive. It was better than any kind of drug his mother had ever required – his mother? When had he started thinking about her? – and more potent than any kind of pleasure he had ever experienced. It was beauty and gore in its purest form. And it tasted like nothing he had ever tasted before.

Their eyes were heavy now. They required neither hands nor limbs to pull him down, just their eyes, and their gaze. The gazes of people he had never met, of a race of creatures believed to be extinct. But they remained. In the dark recesses of his mind existed a hatred unknown to him. Hybrid always did love a good mystery.

He could feel their weight now, their sheer mass dragging at him. He felt his claws swipe at their being, scratching them, ever so slightly. Merciful. He felt fur give way to skin, cutting rivulets into the looming creature’s flank and shoulder. Mere beauty marks. Because he was so merciful. But his mercy was not well-rewarded. He felt something, a tickling sensation, a burning feeling, of blood seeping from a wound – his wound – from his shoulder. And another, somewhere else – where? – that he had not noticed before. He felt a push against his chest, but did not give up the fight. He struggled madly, the memory of the woman painfully fresh in his mind. He lashed out, movements rapid and quick, striking sharp and recoiling quickly. She began to move toward him, but by the time her jaws were close enough to his neck, he was gone, moving away. Fleeting. Merciful.

He could not stop. He worked to pin her down, moving his head and guiding his jaws to her neck to rip out her throat. She began to lash out, striking Hybrid and momentarily blinding him. He felt her move away, and as she did so, he blindly struck out, trying to feel her with his other senses. He squinted, trying to prevent blood from seeping into his eyes, but his one eye had begun to swell. It was no matter. The bruise could be cut open soon enough and his vision healed, but for the time being, she had escaped and he could only see her out of the corner of his eye. He grinned, and then began to move, circling around her. He ducked, weaving around her, and then lunged, not prepared to let his prey escape.

[/html]
[html]

I’ll call in the rescuer after you post; if Hybrid could work his magic on her back now, that would be awesome~
500+

One mind, any weapon. Civilize the mind but make savage the body. I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me. The martial proverbs echoed in her mind, and her mind was emptied, filled only with the image and actions of the male before her and these words of wisdom. And the pain. The cold dying of her body as the water and wind froze her made brittle her skin, as if now her skin existed for the sharpening of his claws. The Ultimate Warrior leaves no openings - Except in his mind. But the cold had ruined it. The water had ruined it. She had brought ruin upon herself. And now this creature, this coyote from Inferni, took his pleasure, cut her down, and her body could not respond any longer. The adrenalin was beginning to fade, strangled by the gelid stiffness that spread through her body like a sickness. The black fae’s body continued to move, to respond, but it continued to slow with the tempo of her struggling soul and heart. The male, while smaller than most, was swift. His movements quick and frantic, frenzied, efficient. But not unconquerable. The warrior recognized this. But the warrior recognized too her failing strength.

It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees. The female snarled anew, snapping her teeth as she tried to pierce his soft throat. But her hungry jaws snapped shut on empty air. Already, she was turning, but he was quicker, fresher. Hotter. But the heat that she could feel would not penetrate the grip that Death had upon her. And still, the warrior did not relent. She could not relent. It was not part of her to give up, for she knew that the male would not stop. But his jaws and claws cut into her, and he tore her more often then she could tear into him. Frustration drove her. The challenge drove her. Life drove her. But to no end. Even as she struck him, he struck out, barely catching her on her brest, re-opening the wounds that the wolf Brennt, now forgotten in the struggle, had struck upon her. The warrior tried to follow, to attack once more, but he had moved away, out of her reach.

It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees. The black, woad marked fae snarled as she stood still. Her hind legs, her injured hip gave way, collapsing beneath her, but she did not allow her shoulder to lie in defeat. She panted as he watched her, and she quickly struggled to rise again. She succeeded, but too much life flowed from her body, and the hot blood thawed her in tiny rivulets. But it was not enough. The cold wind bit her open wounds, teasing them. And then, even as she had risen, even as he had begun to circle her, he leapt. The warrior tried to leap, but could not gather the strength. Her jaws tried to find him once more, but he ducked and dodged her attempt. And then he was upon her. But she no longer had the strength to push him away. It was too cold.... Too cold. Hypothermia ate at her heart, tore victory from her and gave her defeat. The coyote gave her defeat, forcing it upon her as a rapist would a woman. But still she could not relent. Her body attempted the last feeble struggles against his form, but the earth trapped her.

If we are not victorious let no man come back alive!

[/html]
[html]
Sure thing!

She stumbled, moved, faltered, failed. How opportune. Hybrid could see she was beginning to lose use of one of her legs, could she her struggle to stand as her body refused to cooperate. Where the female's movements were stuttering and shuddering, Hybrid was moving fluidly, striking with the precision of a coiled snake. But Hybrid was no snake. His movements were executed with more force, with a greater simplicity than any snake could ever achieve. They would lie in wait for the opportunity, whereas Hybrid would bring such opportunities to him. He could see the female's back leg was not obeying her commands, so he shifted his attacks to leap onto her back and claw at her legs, intent on rendering her immobile.

His initial strike caught her on the breast, ripping open an old wound. Hybrid grinned, but did not stop. He attacked again, but he was able to evade her attacks. These half-hearted counterattacks had neither the vigor nor strength, and as such, did not follow through. They were useless. Hybrid wondered if she had realized it yet.

His claws sought out the female's back, jaws gaping and teeth ready to strike the back of her neck. He had already wounded her on her chest; perhaps he could attack her from the behind, from where she would not suspect it. After that, he could gnaw her back legs off and leave her for dead.

Hybrid moved with vicious precision, working quickly to tear the fur off her back, dig into her skin and rip out her flesh. He would leave a beautiful bouquet of blood 'round the area, and perhaps take her tail for good luck. It was a curious colour, one he had never seen on a wolf. He desired to possess it.

[/html]
[html]

cakeThe instinct gnawed at him sometimes, some days more than others. Some days Bane awoke with it heavy on his mind, reminding him of days past and of things to come, of the dying jackal with his words of the future. Other days it was distant, like the sun, like the stars. That day it came to him in a rush as he walked. The dark wolf held a paranoia deep within him; it had been a part of him for a long as he could remember, and it afforded him the presence of mind to observe every detail of his surroundings. He was alert like few were, as the dragon spoke to him from his chest, and he watched the world, blue eyes piercing as he moved.

cakeHe was half-shifted then, near bear-sized paws leaving tracks behind him in the snow that would soon melt. Bane held a curiosity about the world, about everything in it, and he breathed in as he walked. Something, something was in the air; he was nearing a body of water, and he could smell the cold as he walked. He could hear something too. The trees broke in front of him, revealing sky, and he saw there, in the distance, an injured black wolf and a coyote in his Secui form, very obviously in the middle of a scrap. He could smell the blood, thick, salty around him. He needn't look long to ascertain who was coming out on top; this came to him before he even realised who they were. The coyote was of Inferni, the wolf the marked blackbird he had known that night when the demons and dragons had waged war within his head. The fireworks were set off inside him, red, angry behind his eyes, and Bane understood then in the split second before he moved that, regardless of consequence, this was not to be permitted to happen. He understood that she could not be allowed to die, though he didn't understand why. It was enough.

cakeA snarl like the devil's own escaped him as he barrelled forwards, feet pounding against the snow as he moved forward, his entire mass -- bulky, broad-shouldered, black fur spiked in his fury -- aimed for the coyote who would dare attack what was his. He had no intent to kill. Regardless of the situation, this was one of Gabriel's men, and therefore must remain alive. But he would leave, and the lady would live. Somehow, this was imperative to his own very survival.

[/html]
[html]

Hahaha, I like that he’d like to take her tail for good luck, ^=^
This one will be short, ^=^ And do we (Cwmfen+Bane) want to continue in this thread or make a separate one or no?
300+

Cwmfen snarled, the bridge of her nose pulled back in vicious aggression, distorting the smooth, blue tracks of woad upon her fur. It was a deep sound, one that was pulled from the pit of her being as she faced her attacker. But she knew that there was nothing but death waiting for her at the end of this. The white orbs caught the flashes of her attacker’s face—his claws and jaws, and the crazed smile of a lunatic. There was something lacking within that character. She snarled again, the sound of her own breathing loud in her ears, drowning out the din of the two combatants as a strange silence entered the black fae’s mind. A strange tranquility, as if Death Himself were coming. Perhaps she would turn to face the attacker, to mark or phase him one last time before she would accept that cold grip and turn to the face of Death.

The red eyes of the brute darted about her as the roar of their movements, of her own snarls, hit her ears in unforgiving waves. The warrior turned swiftly in one last burst of energy, her crimson blood spattering the white snow in hurried strokes, as her jaws parted to reach for the shoulder of the secui brute coming upon her from the rear. The female did not know whether her jaws took anything, whether the cut into that damned flesh, for the sudden pain. White hot, like irons ready for branding, his claws found her back, carving a path into her soft skin. Her jaws released as her back arched, her muscles locked, released, then locked again in a rapid convulsion against it. But no sound of pain was permitted to leave her throat as if to do so would mean true defeat. And in the body’s panic, her muscles and bones were jarred, shifting from lupus to secui then optime in mere seconds. And the energy and strength and endurance finally failed her as she collapsed to the earth unconscious, the white orbs, unafraid, resolved, finding eyes of the blue sea as darkness overcame her.

[/html]
[html]

No. He wanted to shout it, but he could not force any sounds out of his throat. He could not feel anything, no burning rage or poisonous sensation simmering in the pit of his stomach. There was simply nothing. The pure absence of anger surprised him. But it also calmed him. He could feel the female start to pull away, try to counter his attack, lash out, move, and then -- nothing. She collapsed. Hybrid grinned triumphantly. He leaned forward, pausing for a moment to examine her tail. It was blue. Black and blue. A strange colour. He snaked his head down, fangs bared, ready to rip it off and take it home as a souvenir. He paused. He heard a noise off in the distance (closer, now) and as he turned to look, the creature was already upon him. Hybrid snarled silently, stumbling over the unconscious body of the female, falling and hitting the ground. Hard. He wheezed, trying to regain his breath and regain control. He thrashed, lashing out at the monstrous wolf that was upon him. He could feel the creature's breath tickling his face.

It was disgusting.

Hybrid roared, but still, no sound was made. He struck at the other creature wildly, movements quick and sharp, just barely coordinated. He was on the brink of falling, but managed to reign himself in. He could barely feel his cheek and had lost feeling in his left shoulder. He could not feel anything except the wolf's breath on him. Hybrid twisted and turned, trying to wiggle out from under the male, who had managed to half-pin him with his weight. Hybrid tried to strike at the other male's joints, to make his body collapse or at least get him off. Disgusting.

[/html]
[html]

cake Sorry for the wait! My computer was broken but it is fixed now finally Big Grin As for us continuing, we could continue with a separate thread in the city, because Bane's probably going to want to take Cwmfen to his house in Halifax so as to tend to her wounds. Alternately, if you'd rather end this, we could say Bane took her home, cleaned/bandaged her up, and she could've woken and left while he was sleeping or out? And then we could have another thread once this once's over where they meet up and talk. Either way is good with me :]

cakeBane felt anger, he felt rage, but it was never overwhelming. It was something that had always been an essential part of his personality, the ability to maintain such control; he was the opposite of passionate, and emotion was a dull, fleeting thing within him. This creature with the angry red eyes -- and it was nothing more, enraged like a monster and lost in its bloodlust -- was the opposite, Bane could tell. It was convenient the Inferni member was such a good amount smaller than he.

cakeHe felt the berserking creature under him striking madly, snarling and thrashing like a madman, all claws and teeth. Bane felt no need to restrain him for longer than necessary. No need to injure him more than necessary. He had his reasons, both to remain neutral to Inferni and to attend to the injured warrior, and the instinct was roaring like a river within him. Swinging his weight to the side, he released the coyote, teeth still bared in warning as he positioned himself firmly between the creature and the unconscious blackbird behind him. He was likely bleeding here and there where the man had struck him, but he didn't much care, and paid no mind to it. He was doing what needed to be done; this he believed with every single ounce of his being.

cake"Leave before I kill you," Bane stated shortly, teeth still bared, a low growl rising in his throat as his words cut off. Though the black wolf harboured no secret desire for a fight, there was no fear in him should the coyote insist on continuing. He knew he had Fate on his side, and no God would forsake him here.

[/html]
I think we can end it here.

[html]

Without warning, the sensation was gone. The dark wolf was no longer breathing on him or touching him, for he had pulled back and stepped aside. There had been a moment's hesitation, wherein Hybrid had managed to scratch the other male ever so slightly, but not enough for it to even be called a scrape. The wolf had skinned his knee on the ground. That was all Hybrid was to him. That was all Hybrid had done to him. Somehow, this thought allowed him the desire to call upon his anger. Hybrid could feel his desire to fall into a rage growing, but somehow, could not quite accomplish the task. It was there – the want, the need, the drive – but at the same time, he had no wish to fall. Instead, he watched the wolf curiously, breathing heavily. He took these few seconds to catch his breath, inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly.

The wolf stood between Hybrid and the woman. Hybrid frowned. The wolf spoke. Hybrid's frown deepened. This wolf was... something. Hybrid could claim the wolf was stupid – for most wolves were – but this creature was something else. Pompous, perhaps, but somehow believing he deserved to act in this way. Hybrid bared his fangs in reply, eyeing the male for a few moments. "Alright," Hybrid replied, grinning wickedly. "Take her away. I don't care. Do what you wish with the wolf." He glanced at the female, eyeing her blue markings. He would possess her tail someday. For good luck.

[/html]