Watching You b.u.r.n.

1. Character Name: Asariel Knight
2. Character Birthdate (including year): 21 May, 2007
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
4. Species: Gray Wolf
5. Gender: Female
6. A secondary form of contact MSN - tdgchick@hotmail.com
7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: I read about your advertisement on The Secret.
8. Initial post:

Leaves rustled across the dry earth, making soft crackling noises as they rolled and tumbled over one another. Golden-gray paws stepped neatly over the scattered foliage, blue-green eyes giving the territory an inquisitive clean-sweep. They were intelligent, large and set far apart. Teal in color, they were quite unique, in her opinion. She was in her lupus form, figured that was probably the best - it was toned down and not intimidating in the least. It wasn't like she was storming onto a packland and saying, "Accept me now or else!", which most certainly wasn't the case. It would be disrespectful to those who lived in this land, of course. If she got accepted, she got accepted, that was how she saw it. If not, she would try again, maybe somewhere else. Someone had to accept her in, right?

Black nose lowered to the ground, she inhaled the numerous scents, searching for a land boundary. During the process she picked up hundreds of other smells; mice, the occasional rat, birds, other creatures creeping and crawling through the brush. She sat herself down at the back border, debating how she should announce her arrival - a howl might be too bold, but she didn't exactly want to sit around here for a few hours to wait for a border patrol, either. She took a deep breath, deciding to just let some time pass before she made any sounds. Eventually, she grew quite impatient, as she often did - she let out a hasty yelp, grimacing at how the sound echoed off her seemingly dead surroundings. Asariel wondered what the whole pack-acceptance thing would be like. What kinds of questions would she be asked? How would it go, smoothly? Would she be greeted by the pack leader, or a member of his ranks?

She couldn't help but sigh; she hated not knowing. One of her many quirks. She sat there, her patience starting to wear thin as she observed her surroundings, toying with her mind, imagining things.

Other: Please tell me if I've done something wrong, and sorry for the crap post.
[html]

Whinnie lay by a tree licking her paw. It wasn't injured, just pure bordum drove her to do this action. Sighing her blue eye and half green eye looked up over the terrain. She didn't like not having a job. With out her job she felt useless and became bored all the time. Fred had yet to run across Lysander again, and Monsieur Jefferson was probably p.o.ed at her for snapping at him with a rude comment. Whinifred didn't want to take it back. The comment had been what she felt, and the french women always said what she felt.

Getting up from the wet ground she shook her coat romoving the light dew of water. Her strawberry blonde fur was still thick from winter, and would take some time to thin out.Whinifred paused when she heard a yelp, and her ears perked on her head. The short stocky she wolf didn't second guess herself as she moved towards where the sound had come from. Trotting along the land Whinifred kept going until the other came into her sight.

The wolf she spotted was older then her and a grey she wolf. Stopping before the other women Fred smile was a small but welcoming one. "Bonjour Madame" Fred said politley. She didn't feel inferior to others because of her lack of height, but she hoped the other didn't think of her as a joke. "You have come to join this pack?" Whinnie asked curiosly, her french accent thick like it always was. She was sure either Monsieur DaVinci would show, or Monsieur Jefferson. Whinnie hoped like hell it wasn't Monsieur Jefferson.

[/html]

A gentle wind blew up, rustling the she-wolf's golden hued coat. She flicked an ear back, listening for any signs of life behind her. As there were none, she let out a quiet sigh. How long had she been here, again? Not very long, judging by the sun's position; it just felt long to her. Asariel was a very impatient girl, she hated waiting of any sorts. A small crack sounded in the shrubbery up ahead, slightly to her left, however. Her ears pricked and her eyes became intent; all of her interest was now on the approaching animal. She inhaled deeply, the scent telling her that it was another wolf, a female. A grin spread across her maw as the woman stepped out in front of her. She dipped her head in a silent but respectful greeting. Bonjour, Madame, she spoke. French ladies were always nice. "Bonjour," she said, her voice light and soft. Though she was not a fluid French-speaker, she did know bits from here and there. Asariel liked to travel a lot, which was one of the reasons she had had long battles with her mind about settling down. But, she had decided it was indeed time to relax. She didn't do well alone; no wolf did to her knowledge. Wolves were pack animals and they seemed to need a pack to survive.

Blue-green eyes traveled back to look at the other lady. "Oui, I was hoping I could join your home," She murmured, the tip of her tail twitching in eagerness. However, by the femme's behavior she was obviously not an alpha; the welcoming comity perhaps? Asariel shifted her weight, letting her gaze drift across the scenery. Green was an apt word to describe the territory. From the little bit that she had observed, she would enjoy living here indeed, she thought. Then again, if she got in.

Luck of the Irish.
[html]

Whinifred smiled lightly at the girl. Her small amount of french was learned, but not her herritage. It gave the french women pleasure to have some one great her in her native tounge for once. Nodding her head at the girl Whinnie sat down knowing she would be here for a while. "Hmmm bien. I'm sure Monsieur Jefferson will be glad." The strawberry blonde women looked over the new comer. She was a pretty wolf, and seemed like the rouge. Je suis sûr que monsieur Jefferson favorisera vous plus de moi Fred muttered to herself.

She was sure that the leader wasn't to fond of her, but it wasn't anything out of whinnie's hid. "aussi do you have any... ehh, talents?" She asked the women. Curiosity drove her to ask. Really she just wanted to know the female, like everyone Fred met, she wanted to figure them out. She still hadn't been able to figure out Jefferson and Lysander completly, but hard things took time.

[/html]
DaVinci had been lurking in the shadows downwind watching the stranger and one of the newer packmates interacting. He was curious to see how she would handle the intruder at the borders, but the tension that had been building in his mind relaxed slightly when the woman had informed Winifred that she was looking for a home. His stormy orbs narrowed slightly as he studied her, wondering if this was another freeloader who would only settle long enough to get some mortal comforts before moving on to bigger better things, but instead of continue that line of thought he just closed his eyes and sighed. He really knew he needed to learn to give the kids a chance before judging them right off the bat but it was hard, they wouldn't understand and he knew that. Opening his eyes again he kept his ears perked to catch the words of his packmate and this stranger to see if she would find any worth in their pack, if he could find any worth in her.

He wrapped his tail around his paws as he sat in the shade of the hollybushes and thought of how life had been in Ireland and Clouded Tears. Had Phoenix Valley really sortof morphed the two together somehow in his mind. He wasn't as bitter as he'd been in Clouded Tears but he wasn't as free as the man who'd lived in Eire. His oversized coyote ears flicked back as he smirked at the simple ways that Phoenix Valley had falled between heaven and hell in his mind. His childhood could have been happy but he'd been fighting so much that it never got the chance and Eire had been just that, he'd been happy and free, nothing holding him down or tying him to anything.. until whispers of the promise he'd made had dragged him back to these lands.

He sighed to himself as he thought about that promise. Iskata was gone and it felt hollow somehow to think she wouldn't be there to snap at him with some sage wisdom or foolish belief of hers.. He wouldn't admit it to anyone, but he did miss the matriarch of the Sadira clan more than he thought possible. His life wasn't complete anymore, but he was trying.

Asariel smiled at the other woman. Monsieur Jefferson, eh? The corners of her lips twitched in mild amusement. Her ears did not fail to hear the mumblings coming from the other's mouth. Her tone was gentle as she spoke, "
Nah, ma chère. Je suis juste un nouveau venu, qu'est-ce que j'ai à offrir Monsieur Jefferson?"
Indeed, the foreign language was learned to her, but she was quite fluent in it nonetheless. It was then in that moment of silence that it dawned upon Asariel that she knew not the other lady's name. "I'm sorry - my name is Asariel. Yours?" Indeed, it might not be the best time for small talk and she would probably have time to introduce herself later, if she got accepted in. She glanced away momentarily, then looked back at the other lady.

A soft wind blew up and she raised her nose to meet the breeze, tasting the scents that were traveling with its passing. She did pick up the scent of another, however. The alpha, perhaps? Or, did this pack have two alphas? Asariel knew so little about pack life that it would have to be a learning process for her, naturally. She was young, little over two years passing since her birth date. New beginnings were always good though, right?

Unless you made yourself look like a fool.

Ooc: I'm sorry that my post is so short. I just got home a bit ago and I have a headache. Sorry again.
OOOOOPPPSS IGNORE THIS
[html]

Whinifred had smelt DaVinci not far away, but she really didn't make much thought of it. If the male really wanted to present himself she was sure he would. The girl of course was speaking and drew Freds attention back to her. Though meeting a new person was nice. Fred was finding that she wanted to be alone again. First she would have to introduce herself. It wasn't the female that really made her want to leave at that moment, but not liking the feeling of being trapped in conversation. If anything Fred didn't like prattle as much as a disscusion on something that would benifitt her or her pack in some way.

"Non, s'il vous plaît. Stick to english so not just I will understand you" Fred said thinking about DaVinci who maybe be in hearing range and not understanding there conversation. Weather the man knew french or not was something Whinifred didn't know, but it was a good bet he knew english so she would stick to it. "bienvenue Asariel. I am Whinifred." She said her strawberry coat feeling hot in the new found warmth of the day. "I only wish to know a talent you may have. What you might do in this pack if you were to be welcomed. Unless you didn't have anything in mind." Whinifred said the last part with a raised eyebrow and a skeptical look. Was anyone dense enough to come to a pack with out something to offer?

[/html]

Asariel's eyes glanced back at the other wolf, bringing her attention back to the question she had forgotten to answer. She couldn't help but frown - where was her mind these past few days? "Oh, I'm sorry. Well, I have some medical knowledge, though I work mostly with different kinds of herbs." She nodded. "I've been told that I'm great at cheering critters up, though I don't know if that's an actual talent, per se." She mused, wondering how this bit of information would be received. True, she didn't have some incredible, 'oh, my God,' kind of talent, but the way she saw it, it would come in handy. Then again, what did she know?

She couldn't help but wonder when the male was going to make himself seen. She decided not to dwell on it, figuring if he wanted himself to be seen, then...well, he would make himself be seen.

Sorry it's so short ;_;
ooc: continue thread if you guys like.. or whatever.. Big Grin Just trying to finish this up since I don't know when I might lose my net. x.x

DaVinci didn't really even want to deal with the two woman but he just sighed and pulled himself out from under the holly bushes as he stretched his lithe frame. He traced the lady's pawprints through the snow as he came within moments to where the two woman stood. He didn't really know what the young newest stranger on the lands story was and he wasn't about to learn it here or now. He had other things that in his cramped mind were more important and didn't require having to be social to work upon. His stormy orbs glanced at the two woman before his voice came up briskly. "Whinifred, don't even bother.. she can stay."

The male glanced hard at the newest packmate as he spoke plainly. "Asariel, you'll start as a Loas of the pack, if you show you can be trusted and worthy you make choose a co-rank later." He gestured towards the packlands as he frowned. "There's no healer in these lands yet so your skills may be put to use sooner than later." He didn't know what the future would hold for the pack but accidents did happen.

The Savant shook the snow from his pelt and sighed before getting ready to leave again. "I'm DaVinci.. by the way.." he said, his tall lean frame moving past the woman as he left them with a warning that wasn't as threatening as it probably seemed. "I'll be checking up on you all later.." He wouldn't announce when later was, what was the surprise in that, but he would be seeing the newer packmates again, though Winie herself was beginning to be a common sight in the lands he still wasn't ready to throw himself back into the loop socially and this was as close as they'd get for now.
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]

She had expected Monsieur DaVinci to show up. Her head didn't turn as he came to sit among them. Whinifred said nothing to him just sat and let him talk. When his first words came out she nodded her head and finally looked at him smiling. "Oui monsieur." Fred remembered that there had been a death in the pack. She was sure all the pack members who had known the madame had been distraught. Fred didn't know what they felt. She couldn't feel sorrow much anymore, at least not for the dead or wounded. The strawberry french women tried to not think about the lack of pity for others.

"Merci Monsieur." She said after he had spoken then looking to the girl Whinifred bowed her head in respect before getting to her paws. "Au revoir Madame I will see you around." The french women said with a small smile on her other wise emotionless face. Turning away she gave DaVinci one last nodd. She hoped they would not be sad long. Sadness was such a strong emotion, draning, on them and the pack. The blonde women made her way towards where she kept her dagger and bow.

[/html]