just a stone in the path
millstone village

Zana was bad, she's snuck out of the clan lands to see what else was outside her little world. It wasn't because she was unhappy with her home but because she had a natural curiousity to fulfil and she had a plan to win the war with the pestersome birds along the shore. Her little legs had trotted her small frame across the snowy woods and to a strange place indeed. She'd never really seen such old buildings, true in both places she'd lived there had been some sort of human home here and there but she hadn't ever seen a whole village before and her normally large eyes were even wider than thought possible. She shook her head in amazement as she walked around the building and peered into the cold empty cavelike structures. She was at a lose for words over what she had found, but they were alllll hers for the moment.

She pranced across the dazzling white surface as her ribbons rippled behind her in the winds, her eyes shining with the dawning that she owned this silent world. She stopped suddenly and stared at some strange stone structure sitting in her way. Her large ears pricked up as she moved closer and closer, finally pulling herself up to the stone well and sniffing about it's edge. She'd never seen an open well before but she was curious as to what in this world she'd discovered. Placing her little paws up on the stone rim she peered down into the hole in the ground and called out. "Helloo?"
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

thanks for starting. <3

Normally, he wouldn't have stopped. Gaël would have just kept walking, pretending the strangers around him didn't exist. He had little use for them, little need to get involved with their daily activities or become familiar with their lives. It wasn't that he didn't care; no, it was just wasted time he would never get back. There were only so many days one would stay alive, wasn't there? That, and he and his siblings had given themselves only so much time to do their exploring before moving onto the next area for searching and rooting around. It was bad enough that his curiosity for the long-lost humans had slowed his footsteps already; this new area they'd stumbled upon was rich in their history, and although he shouldn't have been so interested, he'd found himself poking through buildings and sniffing at faded scents in the dust that he believed to be that of humans only because he wanted them to be.

But when the teal-eyed boy saw the mangy-looking child poking her nose into a well somewhere in mid-village, he paused. She appeared to be alone; Gaël felt a level of compassion, whether or not it was intended or deserved. Her tail was burnt, but a ribbon adorned it as if to make up for the loss. A hopeful effort, he decided, but hardly worth the trouble. What was lost, was lost. He lived by such a philosophy, and yet, denied it in every step he took on that quest.

He stepped a few cautious feet closer, eyes careful for witnesses or threats from any direction. "Tu ne trouveras personne là-bas," he observed quietly. It was then that he realized her age, and thus corrected himself shallowly: "De well is empty."

[/html]
Zana had been so interested in the deep dark hole that she hadn't even heard the male approaching until the strange voice had called out. She'd never heard anyone speak another language and she'd backed away from the stone structure quickly to stare up strangely at the male. Her lilac eyes blinked once, twice before she seemed to realize that he'd spoken again, this time in real words. She flicked her ears back as she asked in a bratty little voice. "How do you know.." How could he know. He'd only just appeared, there could be something lurking down in the bottom of the well and she was rather curious to find out what.

Placing her paws back on the edge of the well she peered down below again for a second before glancing at the stranger who didn't seemed to be going away like she'd hoped. "You look weird.." she said in a haughty voice as she gazed at the funny rings around his eyes. She didn't know that coming from Inferni she should be weary of strangers, especially bigger ones that might actually look or be wolves but it didn't matter to her right now.

She furrowed her brows and figured while she was insulting the male she might as well get it all in outright. "And you speak funny.." So that was that. The little terror of Inferni was on a roll.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

as we can see, Gaël resembles his father.

At her words, turquoise eyes affixed on the loudmouthed little thing rather crudely. There was no fake smile, no "ignore-what-she-said, she's-just-a-kid". "Mais, je ne suis pas celui qui fait bouger un cordon joli près de mon petit cul frit donc je peux être violé." He'd spit a lot of foreign words at her that she evidently could not understand (it was clear to him that she had no grasp of foreign languages other than her own), and the boy really had little patience for ignoramuses. Gaël, stale-faced and nonchalant, gave her a moment to absorb any of his words, even if she could not understand them. He himself knew that he had little experience with kids, and his patience ran a little thin when their curiosities were sent amok. She didn't know better, no, and it wasn't like he was being a bad role model if she couldn't understand a damn word he was saying, either. "Personnellement, je préfère regarder et sembler bizarre qu'être une putain." He didn't mean it.

Gaël took a few quiet steps and approached the well, for a moment propping himself up onto his hind legs to peer down into the vast emptiness it possessed before sending the ignorant child a look of disillusionment. "Dis well has rainwater in de bottom," he mumbled. "Why would someone stand in de water in de bottom of a well?"

[/html]
ooc-Poor Zana.. or poor Gael?

The little girl narrowed her eyes at the strange looking male when he began to speak in the gibberish again. She bared her little fangs at him in disgust and turned her nose up, letting out a little 'hurmf' at how he seemed to think it was fine to continue with his stubborn stupid ways that she could only associate with the fact that it must be a boy thing. Her oversized ears pinned against her head once more as her lip that had been jutting out seemed to push out further as she scowled at him. Even if she didn't understand a word he said it seemed that insticts were imbedded in little girls to know that boys were just trouble. "Yous Sir, has problems." she said in a loftly little voice, her judgement firm as she looked at those turquoise orbs that seemed to dislike her so.

She was rather suprised when suddenly the larger male had come to join her in peering down into the well, soon though he once more was trying to burst her little bubble with those sour words. Shaking her head once more at the fellow she exclaimed. "I don't knows, but how was I to know if anyone was there or nots before asking." She glared at him for a moment before deciding that his line of thought didn't seem to operate to clearly. "Maybe you needs a nap.." she said, this guy sure was a damper on her day, perhaps he hadn't circled enough times before laying down for the night.
[html]

He sighed. Gaël was no father, hardly a parental figure at all, but even he could wonder what it was parents taught their children these days. True, he was still a few months away from his first birthday, but for the most part he'd grown up--and was going to continue as such--without parents. Gaël, Heath, and Miriette had become a team of sorts, a fortress; the three had walled themselves off from the rest of the world, learning to know and trust only each other. Somehow, the three of them had turned out all right. He was the strong, silent type, he knew. There were some disturbances beneath the surface, but that was natural. Heath was a bit more sociable, but a bit less amiable. Miriette, well... she was somewhere in-between, he supposed. There was no "problem child" between them, per se, since all three had there own generally equal levels of trouble. At least they'd all developed together. At least all three of them had the same intentions in mind... even if their dead mother had never wanted them to feel such a way.

The little girl had quite the attitude. It wasn't that Gaël wasn't used to it; no, he had plenty of his own and also knew how to handle it after growing up constantly holding back his short-tempered little brother from whatever violent impulses ran through his mind. She was different, though. The ribbon-tailed child reminded him more of a younger Miriette, who in her very youth had been hardly independent and tended to follow her like-minded, more confident brothers around instead of working on her own emotions. Gaël wasn't sure what it was about that concept that disturbed him, but at the pup's words, his turquoise eyes stared apathetically at her a long while. After a brief silence, he shrugged his shoulders somewhat and pushed himself off the well. "Je n'ai pas le temps pour cela," Gaël mumbled beneath his breath, starting away from her without a second thought. He certainly wasn't going to guide a lost puppy home if she was going to backsass him the whole way... but then again, he didn't really care either way.

[/html]
The Inferni child didn't have very much experience dealing with characters outside her family and clan. Once there had been another family but except for a few faces they'd faded completely from her world. The little girl with the ribbon wrapped tail had faced a strange life already and though the clan seemed to guide over her from a distance the village was very efficient at raising the orphan child. She'd learned a lot since she'd plopped herself on their sands looking for a father who didn't want a child and running from a monster who unknown to her the clan had slain. She owed her life to a people who didn't seem to want to collect the debt, who were just happy to have her in their protective circle.

The innocent girl had been about to ask the male something when he'd started in on that gibberish and once more a scowl crossed her muzzle as she snorted. In the blink of an eye the male had disappeared and was walking purposely away from her. The little princess huffed to herself and exclaimed. "How rruuude!" as she trampsed after the stranger, not thinking of the dangers she could be walking right into as she called out. "Mister, mister.. I was talkings to you!" Her little voice like that of a mesquito, always present in the ear but hard to actually make disappear. Just when you thought you'd snuffed the little life out the drooning zipped on to drive you to the brink of insanity.
[html]

She was definitely like some sort of mosquito. Not only did they pester you with their noise and sheer existence, but if you didn't kill it right off, it would continue to come after you. Gaël's patience was undeniably being tested little by little, but thankfully enough, he'd somehow developed enough patience so far that her unwanted companionship was nothing especially new to him and was thus treated rather calmly. He definitely didn't need an ugly little thing following him around, especially if his quest was to end rather abruptly with all the answers he needed... which, in a general sense, could literally happen any given minute. He didn't know when he was going to finally find what he was looking for... it could be anytime, and he didn't need a little rat princess asking him a thousand questions about it.

He stopped, sighed, and turned halfway to look disapprovingly at her. He scowled somewhere, brows furrowed and turquoise eyes stirred, but the boy was hardly angry enough to frighten the child off. What a shameful thing to do, intimidate strangers to the point of fear by a simple glare or a few silly scars that could easily be overemphasized. He'd seen it before, in more place than one. "You want me to eat your head? Yes?" He frowned. "Okay, I lied. Dere is someone in de well; you go and save dem before dey drown. A'ite?" That said, he turned and continued away.

[/html]
ooc- love the skeeto?

A little spark of excitement seemed to shimmer in the little girl's eyes when she realized that the male actually had listened to her.. sortof. She stopped in her tracks when he turned and looked at her. She knew that look, she'd seen it before but it didn't worry her like it should, what was he gonna do, pick her up and take her back home. She'd just plan her next escape and continue on with the misadventures of childhood. Her little ribbon wrapped tail wagged happily when he was silent a second as she got back up on her paws and took another few steps in his direction.

The words though that flowed out of his maw made the small girl just stop and stare, her eyes the size of saucers as she asked, "Why would you want to eat my head, Mister?" The clan hadn't exactly warned her of how grouchy strangers could be and the dangers that were associated with them, perhaps sooner than later would be a good time to start the child in on lessons of life. It seemed the male wasn't done though as he rambled on again and she just huffed and shook her head at him before letting of a little series of tut-tuts as she pranced closer to him, as though a dimwitted mouse playing underfoot of a plump pussycat. "How cans I save them. I am tiny, you on the otherhand.. could? A'ite?" she said, assuming the word couldn't be bad as she mocked his words, she rather liked the word he'd thrown at her, too bad the sassy brat was a clueless little irritation and though small was still large enough to be a terror all her own.
[html]

I have no idea why I didn't reply sooner.

He stared her down a short while, perplexed turquoise eyes hardly enthralled in the least to be paired with her presence. He supposed it was his own fault, having said something in the first place, but he'd tried to leave her behind several times now and she was not exactly getting the hint. Gaël had already worked out that she wasn't the brightest of dim lightbulbs he'd ever met, not the sharpest of crayons or anything in particular he had any interest in whatsoever. Goodness, she was annoying, though.

"Don't you have something to do, dere?" He cocked his head to the side a moment before his gaze wandered somewhere else, overlooking the long path he still had to travel through. She was only slowing him down. He sighed, turning again, and starting away once more despite how futile it would probably end up. "Please go away." It was almost insulting to experience how unbelievably dense she was in comparison to himself, who himself wasn't even an adult yet.

[/html]
Zana had never really had the opportunity to experience the letdown of realizing that you weren't wanting at the moment. Normally in Inferni it was the adults that called to her and invited her to join them on a stroll or having to rescue her from some sortof backfired adventure. The here and now with this strange fellow that just seem to give her stranger looks was something she'd have to investigate more to understand. Her lavender eyes blinked up at the focused gaze of the male a long moment before she finally gave in, "Who's you? I'm Zana." she figured that no matter how funny he might talk or how weird he looked he was still worth talking to.

When his question finally came to the small girl she smiled up at him proudly and shook her head. "Nope! I'm a puppy, I'm just suppose to explore and has fun!" She stopped for a second in the middle of her snobby headshake as she furrowed her brows together. "Do yous? Ain't you gonna help me?" Had he already forgotten about exploring the bottom of the well? She wasn't too sure about the giant hole but it did sortof remind her of the caves back home..

Any yet once more the male showed his back to her as she let out a squeak of protest and huffed. "Why?" she demanded, noting that though he wanted her to go away he was the one walking off. She really didn't understand this fellow at all! She trotted along side him, forgetting about the well herself as she asked. "You tell me to go away.. but you is going away too?"
[html]

It seemed that somewhere along the line (most notably when she'd run up to trot along beside him), Gaël reached some sort of breaking point with the child. Fortunately, he wasn't the type to lash out in anger one way or another, so as some sort of idiotic alternative, the boy instead stopped in his tracks, sighed, and fell belly-first down onto the ground. Placing jowls on his crossed forepaws, Gaël stared forward irritably, a childish pout adorning his face and a slight, testy twitch at the tip of his tail. She introduced herself, at which his turquoise pupils slid over to her and a single word blurted out of his mouth, blunt: "Gaël." He doubted she couldn't even pronounce it, and once she figured out she couldn't, would proceed to mock him about it one way or another.

For a moment, Gaël wondered if getting eaten by bright-eyed vagrants and his two siblings counted as "fun", and though the concept was actually considered for a time, she continued blabbing and eventually drew his attention away. They were similar, in a way; his first birthday was nearing and his days were summarized easily by the constant scouting and searching both he and his siblings did daybreak to dusk each day. Of course, this wasn't exactly a comforting notion, that he and little Zana were somehow similar. "No, I am staying right here now. I do not want to help you." A snort and aversion of the eyes. "Last time I help, you make fun of me."

[/html]
Zana had been chattering along when all of a sudden the larger male did something that was outrageous. In the middle of their walk he just plopped down in the path and sat there with a funny look spread across his face. She plopped herself down before him and tried to follow his lead, mocking the pouting sad look that was on his face as he offered his name finally. She stumbled over the name a few times before giving up and turning her mind onto other things, like the fact that he was suppose to be helping her.

She had opened her maw once more to ask him what he was going to do when he flat out informed her that he was not moving from the spot he'd thrown himself down upon. She whined and stamped a little paw before his face as she demanded. "Yous needs to help! What happens if one day you needs help." She narrowed her little eyes and warned him. "Bad juju gonna gets you if you not nice!" though it already seemed like he was getting dealt some pretty bad karma having to deal with the pintsized package of fluff and ribbons before him.

Her voice got a little shriller as she asked. "Why you being sooo stwupid!"