Had about as much as I can take
[html]

For Adelaida. Savina can show up a little later. Whisper Beach.
(Set right after Savina talks to Lexey.)
Even winter’s harshest blizzard was nothing compared to the storm brewing inside the Koios girl’s heart. Her relationship with Adelaida had been hanging by a thread and now that the truth was finally out in the open, Alexey wondered if she could ever forgive her sister’s hypocrisy. The weather matched her feelings perfectly; the day had started out sunny and warm but as time went by, the wind picked up and clouds started rolling in. A snow storm was on its way, but that did not stop the Lierre from closing in on her target. She had taken the time to shift back into regular lupus form, gaining her speed and agility back as she barreled through the town of Wolfville.
Whisper Beach was her destination. It was where Adelaida was hiding, she was sure of it. Not to mention, her scent unmistakably pointed to the neighboring territory. Once again, she would be the one triggering the argument. But this time, the tawny female had every right in the world to rip into her sibling. There was no set plan of action; Alexey did not know what she would say to the traitor. Her actions depended solely on the way Adelaida was going to react to the accusations thrown in her face.
It wasn’t long before she found herself standing behind the masked femme. She was a ghost, silent as ever. She had no intention of saying anything, not right away. So instead, Lexey waited patiently for her sister to turn around and face her.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 1shybq.jpg);background-color:#89D3FF;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position: bottom;padding-bottom:215px;">

The fact her sister had sought her out did not bode well, and the look on the female’s face indicated much of the same. Moment before she had been sitting, still as a statue, watching the waves of the ocean becoming increasingly more violent. A storm was brewing and Adelaida welcomed it, wished to get caught in the snow, have her pelt covered in snow and ice and the wind whip her face. She deserved it all and she knew it. Sankor and Ril’o would not approve, but she had not seen either of them for days and without the emotional support of another the coffee and chocolate female so easily slipped back into her self destructive ways. Adelaida spent just as much time away from the pack as she did within it’s borders, she assumed that the males spent the majority of their time within the borders.

Turning to meet her sister face on, Adelaida swallowed hard, her blue eyes meeting the honey colored ones of her sister. She could only hope that the female was here to apologize, but she knew chances were that it was only the opposite. "Alexey... I..." It was useless, she knew that already. Adeladia wasn’t sure why, but she knew Alexey was going to explode any moment now, the look on her face told her all. Unfortunately Sankor wasn’t here to shelter her from her sister’s bullets and shrapnel. "About last time..." Yet she didn’t know what to say about last time, Alexey had been in the wrong as much as Ade had.

[/html]
[html]

300+
Alexey held her breath as her sister suddenly mustered up the courage to face her problems. They were mere inches away from each other; she could almost feel Adelaida’s rising anxiety just by looking into her radiant blue eyes. Pursing her lips together, the Lierre did nothing but stare directly at the other woman. A billion thoughts jolted through her mind, replacing part of the anger she was feeling by hurt and sadness. Was it too late to mend their relationship? Her heart was being ripped out of her chest, at least that’s what it felt like.
Savina’s words then replayed in the back of her mind, fueling her fury just enough to keep her from breaking down. Lexey dug her claws into the earth as Ade finally spoke up, anticipating some kind of explanation. But Ade gave her nothing. Her sibling had clamped her mouth shut after mumbling only two words. Was that all she could come up with? “You what?” she questioned, her tone of voice unbelievably calm compared to how emotionally wounded she really was. The tawny girl kept her face as impassive as possible, too stubborn to let her feelings show.
Her eyes wandered to the ground for a split second, attempting to catch a glimpse of her chinchilla companion. She knew Pickles had been staying with Adelaida all this time, but now she wanted him back. When Adelaida failed a second time at forming a coherent sentence, Lexey took matters into her own hands. She knew how things worked with her sister; Ade only spoke rationally whenever she was angry, oddly enough. “Last time? Oh, you mean the time you made me feel like shit when I admitted to being a Luperci. Yeah, I remember,” she paused, examining her sibling’s reaction before continuing her little speech. ”I bet you can imagine my surprise when I found out you were one of them too,”
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 1shybq.jpg);background-color:#89D3FF;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position: bottom;padding-bottom:215px;">

Alexey wasn’t going to be playing nice, that was clear enough. Ears fell back and eyes narrowed at the woman before her spoke. Yes, she remembered last time, the words she had flung at Alexey when she admitted to being a Luperci. Yet did Alexey forget who had started that bout of arguing? The Koios female had sought her sister out only to accuse her, question her on why she had joined the pack, only to make Adelaida regret that choice even more. And now this? Why couldn’t Alexey just leave her alone if she was so unhappy with her sister? Adelaida opened her mouth to speak but the next words stopped instantly.

Her heart race and a surge of sickness swept through her. How had she heard that? "I... I’m not." Adelaida almost believed her own words too, she had spent so much time denying it to herself, hiding her dirty little secret, the words seemed natural now. She had never shifted, only felt the urges she had heard about, only knew instinctively she could shift now. Only knew that the coyotes had done it on purpose to her. "I’m sorry what I said last time, okay? Let’s just forget it." Just forget all of it and never talk of it again, Adelaida would have liked that.

[/html]
[html]

Denial. Always denial. Alexey hadn't expected her sister to openly admit it, she wasn't naive enough to think such a thing. Part of her still wanted to believe that Adelaida wasn't capable of lying to her own family but that was only wishful thinking. This was bad. How would they ever mend their broken relationship if they couldn't even be honest with each other? Whether she realized it or not, Ade was making things worse by avoiding the subject at hand. Alexey had never lied to her siblings before: deceiving people took too much effort. She preferred confrontation to all of this hypocritical bullshit. Evidently, Adelaida did not agree with this philosophy.
Alexey suddenly took a step back, quite sickened by her sister's deceitful words. No physical pain was comparable to what she was feeling right now. This was betrayal. Adelaida had taken a knife and stabbed her in the back with it. "I wonder who's lying," she started, shaking her head and and taking a deep breath before continuing. "You or Savina?" She could only hope the italian wolfess would forgive her for not keeping her name a secret. It was necessary. "When did you become a liar, Adelaida? What would dad say?" Her tone of voice was softer now, almost concerned.
Her sister's request went in through one ear and out the other. No, they couldn't forget about it. Ade couldn't wiggle her way out of this one. Without Sankor there to interfere, the masked female could not hide from her problems anymore.
[/html]
[html]

Savina. Adelaida’s mind searched for the woman who matched the name and found it rather quickly. There were only two souls she had ever told her secret to, the sable female she had met briefly and Ril’o. Savina had spoken of Alexey, they had known each other and suddenly Adelaida was very angry with herself. Why had she then blurted out those words to the female, thinking they wouldn’t get back to her sister? But she hadn’t been thinking when she had done so, she had said them only out of desperation. Trying to gain acceptance, forgiveness, just take back the words she had flung at Savina. Yet now she did not regret those words, not one bit. Her sister was a monster at the moment, and Savina, whether here or not was playing on her side, so unfairly. By pure association it made her a monster too.

"Savina." Adelaida shouted out the name in response to Alexey’s question, which had probably not been meant to be answered. It was clear Adelaida was lying, they both knew it, but Adelaida had no control over her mouth. The words just kept coming, no matter how much she wished they wouldn’t. "Who cares what dad would have thought? He’s dead." Adelaida cared, she did. Even now she never wanted to disappoint Fyodor, thought about him all the time. More words she never meant to say came flying from her mouth. "He is dead, dead, dead. Just like I wish you were."

[/html]
[html]

300+
If Adelaida’s goal was to make the tawny girl lose all self-control, she was succeeding. Lexey could handle the endless lies or insults thrown at her, no problem. But being disrespectful toward Fyodor was something she wasn’t going to put up with. Ade hadn’t said anything specific about their sire that could’ve been considered rude; she was simply stating the truth. However, her tone of voice and the way she said it suggested that her only intent was to hurt Alexey. It was working. The tan wolfess simply stared at her sister in utter disbelief, waiting to see if Adelaida was done throwing her little temper tantrum.
She wasn’t. Honey-hued eyes widened in shock as the next few words came flying out of the masked female’s mouth. It took quite some time to digest them and while her brain processed all of the hurtful words thrown in her face, Alexey remained still as a statue. Nothing was said for a few seconds; the silence was deafening. What the hell was she supposed to do? The smart thing to do would’ve been to walk away right then and there, but admitting defeat was not something she wanted. Ade had gone too far.
The Koios girl swallowed hard, adverting her eyes away from her sister as she finally replied to her nonsense. “I see,” was all she said. Her tone of voice was unbelievably calm, nothing about her demeanor could’ve predicted what she was about to do. Alexey suddenly lunged forward, aiming to headbutt her sibling right in the ribs and knock the wind out of her. Anything that would make her shut the hell up. Regret would come at a later time. “You want me dead, Adelaida? Then stop being a coward and kill me!” She was screaming now, all composure gone with the wind.
[/html]
[html]

Ears flattened and Adelaida eyed her sister nervously. I see. Adelaida had expected more cruel words to come flying from Alexey’s mouth, yet it was just very calm, very sedate and utterfly meaningless. This was not it, and Ade knew that. Yet she was not braced for what came next and the air that was gathered in her lungs expelled in a sudden gasp as she stumbled backwards, away from her sister. A low growl came through her clenched teeth once she had stood still enough to regain her breath, but she did not look at her sister, merely flicked her ear at the words she heard. The name, coward, hurt more than the assault had, but Alexey probably knew that. Adelaida knew she was a coward, but hearing it out loud was too much.

It was almost enough to bait the sister into retatliation. But no. She was sure that’s what Alexey wanted, and Adelaida was tired of Alexey always getting what she wanted. Well not anymore. Adelaida knew where Pickles was, and she knew the chinchilla would stay with her until the two made up, unless Ade asked him to leave. Well she wouldn’t, she needed the friend more than Alexey. Ade believed Lexey wanted her to leave the pack, but she wouldn’t, even if her sister’s wish corresponded with her own. And most of all, Ade wouldn’t fight back, no matter what Alexey did or said. Instead she just turned her bright eyes up to her sister and offered her a sneer.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ktable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Rawr!

Savina hadn't really planned on following Alexey after she had left the shop. It hadn't really been any of her business, it was between the two sisters. Still, she had been concerned. Alexey had been so upset, though rightfully so, and she wanted to make sure that she was going to be alright. How she was going to do that the girl wasn't exactly sure, but she hadn't been able to stop herself from silently following the tan wolfess' tracks. The Italian wolf was crouched low in the bushes on the edge of the beach, watching as the exchange took place. Adelaida's response was just what she would have expected from the cowardly female. Denying everything and trying to act so innocent.

Though when she called Savina a liar it was all the femme could do to stop herself from bursting out onto the scene. A low growl rumbled in her chest and emerald eyes flashed with flame. Ebony claws dug into the ground beneath them. How dare she! The little worm. But as she mentally struggled with herself as to hold back Alexey lunged at her sister, knocking her back. It was too much for her to stand by and watch anymore. Even though Adelaida hadn't retaliated. Leaping from behind the bushes she charged at the masked female and aimed to shoulder her right in the side. A snarl was upon her lips as she spat at her. "How dare you call me the liar! You're a pathetic excuse for a sister and a wolf." As fearsome as she might have seemed right now, Savina was holding back. God help the Koios wolf if she angered her any further.

[/html]
[html]

Uh oh! Run Ade, Run!
It was true; Alexey had wanted her sister to retaliate. But when Adelaida failed to do so, the tawny woman found herself a little baffled by her reaction. Why wasn’t she defending herself? The masked female had granted her a sneer, but that was it. A sneer meant nothing to Lexey, not anymore. Their argument had escalated into a fight, or at least it would have if her littermate had returned the hit. Still, no matter how angry or betrayed she felt, attacking her own sister simply did not feel right. Harming one’s own family was inacceptable.
“Oh god, Ade I-“ Before she could even finish her sentence, a flash of ebony lunged at her sister. This was bad. This was really bad. It took Alexey a few seconds to realize what was truly happening; Savina. The Italian wolfess’ words echoed through her ears and she tried to make sense of them through all the confusion. She had no right to ask the Lieutenant General to stop, the dark woman had her own score to settle with Adelaida. But Lexey just couldn't handle seeing her sister get hurt. “Savina, let's go. Please! She's not worth it," Her plea was accompanied by a loud whine. She didn’t know what to say or do. A few seconds ago, she had wanted to scratch her sister’s eyes out. But now, now the Dahlian girl simply wished she hadn’t sought her littermate out to begin with.
No, no, no! This wasn't happening. She was going to get in big trouble for this. If Cercelee or Sankor ever got wind of this incident, she was done for. Beige-colored ears laid flat against her skull and she took a step back, suddenly feeling very nauseous and lightheaded. Fuck.
[/html]
[html]

Her sister softened, and words began to escape from her lips. Perhaps Alexey felt guilt then? Perhaps she hadn’t meant all the words she had said? Adelaida’s heart lunged in her chest, hoping they had hit the peak of their argument then and they could go back to before. Closeness between the two of them, understanding, sympathy… in truth Alexey had always been Adelaida’s best friend, and she had never once thought of replacing her, not even after Alexey had seemingly written off Ade’s existence upon discovering her presence in Dahlia de Mai. Yet reconciliation never even got a chance, for before Ade knew what was what there was another female upon her and at first Ade did not recognize her.

Adelaida stumbled to the ground, she had no words for the female, she was insignificant still. Adelaida knew who the real liar was, but Savina did not matter, she did not have to justify anything to her. And it was that reason she did not mind being called pathetic by her, did not think that wolf had any standing to pass judgment on her. It was Alexey’s words that caused Adelaida’s heart to break into a million pieces. She’s not worth it. Ears fell back against her head, mimicking the hope that suddenly went out, and Adelaida scrambled as quickly as possible to her feet, turning tail and fleeing. It was all she could do to get out of sight before the sobs overcame her, but at least they couldn’t see her, at least they wouldn’t have this to add to their list of reasons she was pathetic.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ktable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Her blood was up to the boiling point. She had suffered enough shit from the little wretch and she wasn't going to stand idly by as Adelaida defamed her and verbally abused Alexey. Someone needed to put the brown femme in her place. Fiery green eyes bore into the toppled over wolf but then shot to the lighter Koios as she spoke. Maybe Alexey was right. Maybe Adelaida wasn't worth it. She surely wasn't worth unleashing the monster that had started to stir inside her chest. Savina took a couple steps back and was unsurprised to see the coward scramble away at a run. Just like she did the last time.

Giving an angry snort in the direction of the fleeing wolfess she turned her attention back to Alexey and her demeanor instantly softened even though her anger still bubbled under the surface. "I'm sorry Alexey, I just followed to make sure you were going to be alright. I wasn't going to get involved but when she said that..." A soft growl rumbled in her throat. Was Adelaida some kind of compulsive liar? Or did she only do it when it benefited her? "Those things she said to you were awful. You don't deserve that kind of treatment from anyone, especially your family." Softly she nuzzled Alexey's face.

"Do you want me to walk you home? Or someplace else?" It was clear that the lighter girl was shook up from all of this. Rightfully so.

[/html]
[html]

D'aw, yay. I'll ask for this to be closed a little later. Erin, we need another thread soon. Big Grin 300+
Alexey swallowed hard as she watched the events unfold before her. It pained her to see the hurt in her sister’s eyes, despite the fact that she deserved everything that was being thrown in her face right now. Lying was not okay. Wishing death upon one’s own flesh and blood was just wrong. The more she thought about it, the more afraid she became. This wasn’t the Adelaida she knew. What had she become? All Lexey could do was watch as her littermate scrambled to her feet and fled the scene. She didn’t say a word; sounds were trapped within the confinements of her throat.
Only she and Savina were left now. Alexey smiled weakly as if doing so would make things any better. Her fake smile might’ve been in vain but the Italian femme’s soothing words really made a world’s difference. Alexey had every intention of saving face by not giving in to the tears that were already starting to cloud her vision, and perhaps she would’ve even succeeded in doing so if only Savina hadn’t snuggled up. Her gentle touch reminded her of Katanka; she could’ve definitely used her dam’s comforting ways right now.
She nodded mutely when Savina offered to accompany her home. While she didn’t exactly feel like returning to Dahlia de Mai, part of her feared that Adelaida would ruin her reputation by telling everyone about their little altercation on the beach. She needed to go home and stand up for herself, just in case things got out of hand. Lexey could’ve made her way back to the pack lands alone but Savina’s companionship was a little more appealing. Truth was, she didn’t want the dark lady to go just yet. The child in her needed to have someone close by, as pathetic as it seemed.
[/html]