Round two
[html]

Outside his claimed cabin, Lysander lay against the closed door, brushing off dust and debris from his thick pelt every now and then. Spring was fighting to claim the skies and Ly rooted her on, enjoying the rising temperature and the increased sunlight. Ash colored fur and steel eyes seemed less dull in the rays that beat down, and Lysander, the vain creature he was, much preferred his appearance in the bright sunlight than when the sky was covered in thick rain clouds. Today was just such a day that the sunlight seemed to flatter his coloring, and combined with the light breeze that kept his pelt from falling too flat Lysander was quite sure their wasn’t a more handsome creature in the pack on this day. Of course, as biased as he was, the canine felt that dogs, huskies in particular, always looked better than wolves.

Sighing contentedly, the husky mutt enjoyed the twitches and spasms of his muscles, as they protested at being overworked. The male has spent the better part of the day ripping up floor boards of his empty cabin and digging out storage units underneath. To anyone else, the floor would look normal, just a plain wooden floor. However Lysander knew which boards lifted up, and what items lay under each floor board. He had made a trip to Halifax, the bar where he had met the male who served him drinks, and brought back with him a supply of booze, for his own personal use on night when he could find any better entertainment. In another part of the cabin the floor conceal all the trinkets and items he had brought with him in his sack. Still more floor board units were empty, waiting to be filled with the useless junk Lysander would bring home.

Still his home was devoid of any furniture, he slept on the bare floor. Sometimes shifted, sometimes not, and it made no difference to him. If he needed soft earth he would just lay outside his door, as he was now. With no particular reason to stay awake, Ly allowed himself to slip into a deep sleep.
[/html]
[html]

Whinnie sat down with the dagger she had and a peice of wood and some animal gut dried and pulled into string. The bow was almost finished being carved out, the thing was tall along three and a half feet. Admiring the beautiful peice of work, whinifred moved her hand over the smooth wood with the wolves carved out of it's thick side. Whinifred grinned and leaned back against the tree she had taken the wood from. merci mon ami pour ce don She said to the tree who had given her it's limb.

After petting her new weapon Fred took the dagger and went about carving arrows out of other peices of wood she had. She stopped when the smell of something familiar reached her nose. More like someone familiar. A mischivious grin pulled on the french womens face. Grabbing her bow and the arrows she had finished whinifred slung the bow on her shoulder and held the small amount of arrows. She moved out from the trees and saw him. Lysander sat in the front of his cabin. The french women just stood there short and curvy watching him from beside a tree.

The strawberry blonde girl watched him dust his coat off and look at the sky. She knew he wouldn't notice her over here. The breeze was in her favor, drifting his scent towards her and hers away from him. The last time she had seen him had been at the pack meet and he hadn't really given her much notice. Though Fred hadn't expected much better out of him. After a time she watched him retreat back into his dwelling. Whinifred knew she would have to keep this cabin in mind when it came to Lysander. Pulling her bow up higher on her shoulder Whinnie grinned almost deviously and made her way towards that cabin.

It was a beautiful day. The grass was lush under her feet as she moved. Her blonde hair swaying as she walked, brushing her hips and lower back every time she took a step. Once she made her way to the cabin Fred could smell him even more. Her hand went to the bracelett around her left wrist. She had put it on after the pack meeting. Moving to the cabin she went to the door and thought about knocking but didn't instead she went inside. In the cabin it was empty of furniture making Whinifred raise her eye brow. Why didn't he have......She stopped in her thought process when she saw him sleeping on the floor. It was amazing how vunrable people looked in their sleep.

vous montrez votre vrai visage quand les yeux sont fermés Fred whispered under her breath. Moving towards him she kneeled down to the ground and set her bow and arrows down gently before letting her hand move forwards to his face moving it through his soft fur. He wouldn't like this she was sure. He was a guarded character, one with games and many faces. She knew his type, but he was unique and he intruiged her, and maybe he also turned her on.

[/html]
[html]

Steel eyes opened and instinctively he knew he had not been sleeping for long before his slumber had been interrupted. The skin on his face tingled still where she had caressed him and oddly enough it was that he noticed first rather than her face staring down into hers. When his eyes did focus in on her, he did not show any of the surprise he felt, nor was he upset as one might have imagined. Had he been open he might have laughed out loud, but he only raised his own hand and gently caressed her face, much in the manner she had while he had slept. Smiling up at her, as if finding her spying on him while he slept was the most natural thing in the world, Ly mentally prepared himself.

“Why, hey there love. Hope you brought me somethin’ good for breakfast.” Yawning and pulling himself half upright, one hand found the back of his head to scratch while the other balance him as his brought himself fully into the waking world. Her entrance into his home was his fault, he had after all left the door unlocked and open, even knowing that such snooping and peeping creatures such as Whinifred resided in Phoenix Valley. The memory of her accidental voyeurism came to mind and the only real effect it had on the male was to waken him more, providing a rush of energy and creativity.

Bringing himself up fully into a sitting, he looked about, as if there was anything to look at in his empty cabin. Turning back to Whinifred, he eyed her again, thinking, then shrugged. “You really must get a hobby, were you hoping for another show or somethin’?” Ly found that he wouldn’t have minded if she was, but it was unlikely. She didn’t seem like the type, but she could surprise him. Lysander, after all, loved surprises, both getting them and giving them.
[/html]
[html]

Whinnie hadn't expected him to wake up so quickly. Then again the french women wasn't a deep sleeper either. Fred also hadn't expected him to put his hand up to her face. It didn't seem like something he would do, but then again how well did she know this male? Moving to a sitting posistion instead of kneeling on the hard wood she watched him with her blue and half green eyes. He was so interesting to her. You never knew what you were going to get with him, and it made her excited to see what he would do next. Sitting there with his hand on her face just like she had put her own hand on his, Whinifred felt almost cared for.

His words and groggy actions made the strawberry blonde women smile. "et l'amour, If you want something to eat I guess I would be happy to get you something, but a french women never does nothing for free." She said gently not really meaning anything sexual, but if it came out that way Fred wasn't in any hurry to correct it. Azzur eyes focused on him while he scratched his head. She could admire the man and his ability to captivate her.

After his little stretch and look around his question presented to her made Fred laugh. "You wouldn't expect it of me would you?" She grinned at him fully her eyes twinkeling. "And by the way Monsieur I do have a hobby and it is stalking you." She said with a spunky tone, her french accent thick. "Though I have to say, stalking you is quit a bore Lysander." She teased him with a serious face. If there was anything Fred was good at it was holding a stern face when she wanted to.

[/html]
[html]

Staring at her, one brow raised, he silently pondered her words and then laughed deeply, as if he hadn’t heard anything so funny in a long time. “That’s funny, because a real man doesn’t make such deals with women, not even a french women, Whini. He drew out the syllable of the nickname he had chosen for her, making a point of it. The husky brute was content to forgo breakfast or anything else the lady had to offer if he had to play by her rules. Ly had his own set of rules for each and every game he played, he didn’t enjoy playing by other’s because it meant his chances of winning went down. Perhaps they sometimes made the game more enjoyable, but he could easily adapt his own rules if that was the case.

Her reply made him pause, or at least he chose to pause, as if he were thinking about it. Really he was just staring at her, absorbing every detail of her face. He found that he didn’t mind look at it at all. It was pleasant enough. “Hmm... would I expect that of ya.” He took some more time to “think”, memorizing the color of her eyes. “Well ya seemed to enjoy it the first time, I don’t see why ya wouldn’t come back for more.” A loud sigh escaped him, as if it were all some sort of burden. Her presence, her telling him that indeed her hobby was to stalk him. Pulling himself up and brushing his fur out with his hands, he offered her a hand to pull her up. “You need a new hobby then. Ya won’t be having much more fun with your current one.”

“I’m not who ya think I am, Whini. I’m boring, nothing in my life. Trust me, you’d get sickl of it real fast.” His arm swept the room they were standing in, barren and empty. “This is my whole life? Why’d you want to watch that?” Of course he knew as well as she did that the female spent her time doing other things, he would had known long ago if she had been following him often. Yet Ly never passed up a chance to talk about himself, his life, even if none of it was true.
[/html]
[html]

Fred laughed at him. She couldn't help but laugh. He was boring! The words were beyond untrue, they were hilarious. Fred laughed holding some of it back so not to look like a complete idiot. vous êtes fou d'amour. Parce que vous ne vous êtes ennuyeux personne la plus étrange que j'ai jamais rencontré! Whinifred rambled out between her laughter. When she had finished she took a deep breath and took his offered hand to get off the floor.

"Well Monsieur you should learn to make more deals with french women. We are well known for a bartering skills." Whini said gently. She knew he was way to calculating to be teased so easily. It was still fun to attempt to. Who else would she do it to? Monsieur Jefferson wouldn't appreciate it and the others were of little concern to her. Smirking at him she dropped his hand and made a show of looking around the cabin contemplating her next answer.

"Who said I came back for more you flirteur?" She asked with a suggestive smile. Suddenly the urge to make the first move came into her. Moving so she stood close to him, almost chest to chest she was pitifully short compared to him, but her body wasn't thin and akward she was curvy and well formed. Putting her hand on his soft fur whinnie kept smiling not really wanting a sexual mood but just teasing him. "Lysander amour you are far from boring." She said while shaking her head.

Moving back a few steps she thought about how little he had in this blasted cabin and frowned. Why didn't the male at least had a fur to sleep on? "Amour you think your boring at yet with in minutes of meeting you I was yours. Either you have the powers of a unque being or I'm just a really weak women." She paused knowing he would probably say something smart about that sentance. "And I am not a weak women." She added. Whinifred shook her head, long blonde hair moving along with her movments. She was thinking about cutting the irritating thing, but she hadn't brought herself to do it just yet. "I'm sure I won't be the last in this pack to fall under your charm Amour." Fred added at last not really liking the taste of those words on her tounge.

[/html]
[html]

The french words filtered through his head, he could catch and understand only a handful. What she said mattered little, he already knew that she was caught by him, her face and tone indicated much of the same as she spoke. “Parler anglais, s’il vous plait. Silly me, I don’t understand french, remember?” His tone was dull, his face stotic, as if he was speaking just to keep the conversation running. Yet all the while he was watching her, taking in her facial expression. Learning more and more every minute. His ability to read people went hand and hand with his ability to pretend to be other people. The more one understood about others, the better they acted. One day he could pretend to be Whinifred perfectly, able to fool anyone if not for his bulky husky body and his deep, masculine voice.

“I don’t need to barter, ya goose. I can get what I want without it.” He sighed heavily, as if this conversing back and forth was growing wearisome. Inside, as almost always, he was jovial and giddy, outside he seemed like a wet noodle. No life. The ashen male remained that way as the short female sidled up to him, her hand placed firmly on his chest. He liked the feeling of it there, like to see how gutsy she was knowing what he could and would do. Yet outwardly all he managed to do was smirk. “You’re delusional Whini. I’m not who ya think I am. Not at all.”

Her words of flattery of course boosted his ego, which was already inflated, but he did not mind hearing them. To have someone proclaim that they belonged to you, it was always nice to hear. “Well, won’t that be a pity for them, eh? Running around acting as silly as ya are now.” His charms varied from day to day, depending on what kind of person he wanted to be in the morning, but Whinifred was right, there would probably be another fool or two who fell for his tricks. He wouldn’t be unhappy about it either. “Look miss, did ya come here for something, or not? I have cleaning to do.”
[/html]
[html]

Whinnie couldn't help but smile at him. She really did find him a spark in her day. "Ahhh you'll learn to speak it soon enough." She said waving her hand. Blue eyes never straied to far from him. She watched his actions, calculationed him. "Non? I don't know who you are?" Fred seemed to think about it then nodded. "But why would I be here if I did? I don't get bored with you Monsieur." Whinnie said truthfully. He was like a breath of fresh air that never stopped it just changed it's direction or the scent it carried.

His last response made her eyebrow raise. "Well you know what they say, it's only everyone that's after the first is the idiot." She grinned casually walking towards him ignoring his excuse to clean. "Do you think I'm a fool monsieur? Do you think I don't see your tricks?" Fred made a show of moving closer to him putting her face close to his her nose almost touching his. "Tell me Amour did you like what I gave you last time?" Her eyes were questioning blue searching. She didn't mention him ignoring her at the meeting, why should she? She knew what he was and unlike the smart women who would want nothing to do with him, Fred found the prospects of being near him exilirating, she just knew he was going to find a way for her to regret it.

[/html]
[html]

His question went unanswered and Lysander rolled his eyes as the women continued on her own agenda. She did have some nerve, barging in here and not even telling him why. Did she really like to spend her time this way? Most others, even if they caught onto his games, didn’t want to play and he preferred it that way. The ultimate game was for one player only, this female was starting to cramp his style. She claimed not to know him but insisted she knew his tricks. How could she? He hadn’t even played a proper one of her yet. Did he think she was a fool? Of course she was, anyone who willingly spent time with him was a fool, Ly knew that to be true.

His lifted a brow as she brought her face so close, questioning him on their last encounter. Still stoic and dull he shook his head, surprised she did not remember the details correctly. “Ya mean what I gave you? I don’t remember you doin' any of the work. Besides, I’ve had better.” And he probably had if he chose to think about it, but most coital encounters were forgotten as soon as the sensations in his nether regions wore off. Grabbing her arm he shoved her towards the door with little concern as to her comfort. “Look miss, I really do have a lot of cleanin' to do, so unless you want something, really, I’d like to get to that.” Again he pushed her towards the door forcibly, peering down at her for any last words before he shoved her out of his home.

[/html]
[html]

Whinnie knew when he had had enough of her because he grabbed her arm and was pushing her towards the door. Growling lightly she pulled out of his hold and went back into the cabin to retrieve the bow and arrows she had brought with her. Leaning down to the ground she stopped when she heard the creak and hollow sound of wood beneath her feet. Curious Fred leaned down farther but instead of grabbing her bow she pressed down on the floor board. She wasn't going to prey but it still surprised her, grabbing her bow and the arrows she walked back to his side.

Winifred let her eyes move up to him. Truthfully she wished it hadn't been him that had been her first. He was so complicated in his way of thinking she wasn't ultimately sure how to approach him on the subject. If anything the french women didn't want to be told she hadn't been worth his time, what women wanted to hear that? Expecially from their first! "I'm sorry if I didn't.....give you something in return. I will know what to expect next time." Weather her next time was with him or not wasn't part of her meaning, only that she would know how to react next time she did get a chance. Remembering the bracelet on her wrist Whinnie put her bow on her shoulder and removed the piece. Handing it to him she spoke. "You left it amour." Once he took it she planned on leaving, maybe finding a deer to shoot down.

[/html]
[html]

Lysander was surprised to hear the girl’s reply. He had expected anger from the girl, not this. It was almost as if he had broken her. He could almost feel sorry for her. Sighing as she gathered up her bow and arrows, he noted her taking interest in his floor. The other hidden storage areas didn’t squeak, he’d have to fix that one or fill it back in. Either way, there would be nothing for Whinifred to snoop through if she decided to pull up his floor board when he wasn’t home one day. He watched as she moved to the door, and then stopped.

The bracelet dangled in front of him but Lysander made no move to take it, the vibrant colors casting rainbows in the sunlight. “No miss, it’s for you.” He took her hand much more gently than he had ever handle any part of her body and closed it around the glass beads he had strung together. “Truly, ya just caught me on a bad day. What did ya expect, sneaking into people’s houses? Wakin’ them up from naps? I didn’t mean what I said, if ya took any offense to it. Truly.” Truly.

[/html]
[html]

She had expected him to take the jewelry and get her out of his cabin. Fred hadn't expected his warm hand cover hers shutting the glass beads away beneath her fingers. Her blue eyes looked up at him his words being taken in ith a gentle smile on her face. If he or anyone else called her a fool they were right. Whinnie knew the sex hadn't meant much to him, he who had had it before with many others. Here she was the idiot that wanted maybe a little more then just sex...... a friendship?

"Thank you Monsieur." She had been an idiot to walk into his cabin. Taking the beads she slipped them back on her wrist. Leaning forwards she kissed his cheek in the french tradition as a thank you. "Your right I shouldn't have woken you I was being selfish. I'll make sure to pay you back for your time amour." She meant it. She would make sure she got him something. Though it would probably be just so she could give him something. "I'll leave you now then."

[/html]
[html]

Lysander blinked as the women thanked him, kissed him, and promised him something in return. For a moment he was amazed, how could she take his apology so easily? And then part of him was suddenly sorry, he had treated her poorly, both times and while he wasn’t sorry for that, he was afraid of losing her. He treated many others horribly without feeling a thing, but they weren’t worth keeping around. Maybe she was. After all, she seemed to like him well enough, despite his inconsistencies and ill manners. Perhaps he could even make her an ally of sorts, the idea amused Lysander and he suddenly wasn’t ready to see her go. How fickle his whims were.

“Well wait Whini… just one moment.” The large brutish husky came out of the house now, shutting the door behind them. “I’m already up, and maybe my mood’s even getting’ better.” He took up her hand again in his house, grinning at her. “What’s say you and I, we go for a walk?” Why not? If she said no he knew he’d be upset and it would be the worse for her. He did not like rejection, not one bit.

[/html]
[html]

Strawberry blonde fur was lifted by a light wind as the husky closed the door behind him and stood outside with her speaking. His words made Fred look away holding back a full blown smile. Maybe she was an idiot, but maybe she would get something out of it? Why would he change his mind? He was such a puzzle to her. Whinnie could never figure out what he was going to do next. Shaking her head and looked down as he had grabbed her hand making her hold his tighter.

"Oui Monsieur. I would like to go on a walk with you Amour." The she wolf turned her head around and looked at the woods then back at him. Lifting her other hand to his face she questioned him with her eyes before she spoke. "Let's see if we can make that mood even better." Her eyebrow rose in a spunky way before she turned and pulled him by the hand to the woods.

She dropped his hand knowing he would follow and she set her bow and arrows down by the side of the house before looking and him and shifting to her wolf form. Looking at him now as a short strawberry blonde wolf she spoke again. "Run with me amour?" Her tail started to move back and forth behind her showing her impatience to begin.

[/html]
[html]

The female agreed and Lysander nodded, as if he had expected nothing else. Of course, he normally did get his way one way or another, especially in dealing with women, but there was always the small chance he would have to do some arm twisting. Which he was not opposed to. Yet Whinnie actually seemed enthusiastic about the idea and Lysander smiled, his bushy tail waving behind him. Whether to be happy she did not reject him or to be disappoint it was that easy to convince her, the steel grey male was not sure, but he followed her as she moved anyway.

Eyes watched as the female shifted, watching her body go through the process. Bones growing, changing shape, it was always intriguing to watch another transform. Sighing, for he didn’t really like walking about on four legs anymore (although growing up it had been the only form he had ever used) he allowed his body to shift, closing his eyes through the entire process. Once complete he opened them, annoyed at how short and stocky he was now. That couldn’t be helped, he would humor the girl. Sometimes they got to win the game too. “You lead, Whinnie.”

[/html]
[html]

Whinnie had caught his dejected sigh at having to walk on four legs, but she wasn't going to let him out of this one. A small grin moved onto her maw as she looked at him. "Your almost handsome this way Monsieur."
Fred said with a small laugh in her voice. Starting off she kept a light trot at first. The strawberry blonde women was sure that he could keep up with her. Her speed became more increased as she went. Her short legs moving in quick strides as she doged in and out of trees.

The thrill of running made her heart pound and blood rush through her body. Excitment was all she could feel as she ran. It was like this all the time for her. Finally she slowed down when she reached a big willow tree. Her breath was only a little lost. Her ears were perked her azure eyes watching the male she found so interesting. "I guess we can walk now monsieur." Fred said remembering he had wanted to walk not run.

[/html]