where does your path take you?
[html]
He had promised his sister that he would pass on her message with haste, and that had been a failure and a half. With his leg, his mentality, and his bitter ache for Jasper and things lost, Laurent Nakado had not done anything with haste. He had tried, and failed, and tried again, and failed some more! to make himself even a sliver of the man he had been when he had left - so proud! so determined! And now? He was a washed up failure who couldn't even keep himself afloat. He limped along, taking several moments of rest before the shores of Inferni welcomed him.

He paused, seating himself with his cane beyond his arm's quick reach, aware that this moment could easily be his last if the wrong Coyote found him.
[/html]
[html]

The warning from Marlowe had been vague at the least. He had said that a brown wolf with blue eyes was on the border, and Gabriel had assumed the worst. Four legs tore across the fields, towards the shore, and he was very much prepared for war when the scent finally hit him. The remarkable familiarity of it stopped his tidal-wave of fury and the Aquila came to an almost instant halt, fur and tail still held high.

He pursued the scent slowly, and then found the man seated. It was not Haku, as he had dreaded, but someone that resembled Fatin just enough to help set him at ease. Slowly he approached, gold-yellow eyes still burning with the adrenaline that had come from the rage and the run.
[/html]
[html]
He winced as he watched the male arrive, making sure that he didn't give off any impressions of aggression - he knew what Gabriel was capable of. Fatin had told him more than enough. As the male came to a stand still not to far away from him, Laurent took note of the look in his eyes - it was like Fatin had described him, and he knew his sister was good with words but he was still caught up in the brilliance of those golden eyes. "I wont keep you Gabriel, I come baring a message from a friend of yours." He said softly. "My name is Laurent Nakado, younger brother of Fatin Kali. I traveled to our tribe to find her, and find a cure for the disease my mate was suffering from...I was trampled during a hunt, and the use of my leg is shotty at best, so please do excuse the cane. I promise it is no weapon." He attempted dry humor, but the mirth that he used in his voice did not come close to those lithium eyes.

"Fatin wanted me to pass word on to you that she is well and is at ease. She hopes to come home someday, but is aware that she has more enemies than friends beyond your shores. She wanted....." he smiled softly before continuing, because it did touch him that his sister found such easy bonds with those who were not so easily reached. "She wanted to send her love to you and to your children. She misses you all dearly, but as the eldest child she has taken up much of the running of the tribe. If needed, she'll come at any moment though for her family." In short, Fatin was attempting to put those delicate titles and solidify them to the de le Poer. She did not claim him as a son, but she loved him as one - perhaps more than she had her own blood children. He fell silent, waiting to see how her message was received.
[/html]
[html]

So, as he had begun to suspect, the stranger was a relative of Fatin’s. Gabriel’s mouth opened and he allowed himself to breathe, to pant as he sat and listened. He cared little for what happened with the males—Laurent’s—leg, and offered no sympathy. Rather, the stoic face and body language, while it was relaxed, only managed to break and show concern as Fatin’s plight was revealed.
     Finally, all concluded, the Aquila shifted his weight and sighed. “Thank you,” he began, his eyes remaining locked on the blue. It was a remarkable shade, truly. “I don’t expect her to abandon her duties. She served my family as far as I expected and for that I owe her. Both her and her brother,” he added, thinking of the stories his son had shared with him. “It’s not much, but if you need a place to stay for the night I can offer you one here. While Inferni is no friend to wolves, I doubt we could expect much from…” A cripple? “…Fatin’s family.”
[/html]