Like the flower we bloom with life
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 10v2ly.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Everyone must post at least once, posting again after everyone else has posted is optional. If you want you can have your wolf just show up, listen to Cer then leave, all in one post! I am going to PP ahead a little in my post and just assume you all are good and everyone gathers/posts! Easy enough, yeah? If anyone wants to throw in any IC announcements of their own or introductions in their post, feel free! No posting order. Short posts are fine! Flayra is exempt.

Night would fall soon and Cercelee did not intend to keep the pack for too long, she herself looked forward to going home with Slay soon enough. If all went as planned they would gather and disperse in almost no time at all. The most time would be for those who were further out to travel to the meeting spot. Of course she chose the town square again, already she was at her perch on one of the stone benches when she threw back her head and let out a long, loud howl. Cercelee sat still, listening to her own call echo off the buildings in the pack land and then further until it faded in the vineyards, beaches and forests beyond Dahlia de Mai. Now all there was to do was wait for the wolves to arrive.

One by one they filed in, sometimes in pairs if they just happened to arrive closely together or when family arrived together. One by one Cercelee greeted them all with a smile and nod, mentally keeping count of the wolves as they arrived. The town square was not decked out in lights as it had been for the All Hallow's Eve, this was no special holiday, just merely a quick meeting, yet with their numbers swelling the air was almost festive. Cercelee had never seen her pack assemble together with so many numbers, pride and happiness swelled within her. Despite their hardships, Dahlia de Mai was going strong, and Cercelee saw no reason why she shouldn’t start planning a festival for the pack’s first birthday.

Finally all were settled and seated and Cercelee cleared her throat, looking once to Haku and once to Cwmfen. Both had agreed to the changes in the lead ranks, but Cercelee had not told either of them when she would announce it, but both were bright enough to guess tonight was the night. "Welcome everyone, and thank you for finding time to meet with me." Her voice was warm and genuine, the pack couldn’t possibly understand how much of her own personal happiness they caused. "I have a few quick announcements and then we can all get back to our dens. As you can see, the pack is growing. We are larger now than we have ever been, and if you can take a moment to learn the faces and names of all our new members I would appreciate it. Furthermore with such large numbers, Haku and I felt that an addition to the leader ranks would be beneficial to us all. Cwmfen is our new Adonis." She paused, letting them soak this in, but speaking quickly to get in all she had to say before any congratulations or protests could be voiced. "We can also congratulate Svara on her adult rank, and Firefly and Haku who have brought into Dahlia our very first litter and our youngest members." The new generations were always important to note, when they were born and when they came of age, they were after all the future of the pack.

"On a more personal note, I’ve taken a mate..." She smiled to Slay, not knowing how he’d take the public announcement but it was easier to tell them all now why their Rosea was holed up with a male than answer questions one by one. "Always I’d like to remind you that your fellow member’s well being is your upmost concern, a pack cannot function when we are turned one against another... I ask you all to set aside any grievances or if you cannot, please do not hesitate to bring them up with one of your leaders. Threats, harm and other crimes against fellow pack mates will not be tolerated, I hope that we all understand this." The tensions had been high, and even Cer had forgotten her own rules during the attack upon Haku, but now was as good a time as any for them all to start fresh. And that was that, Cer smiled once more, meeting the eyes of those assembled. "Well then, unless there is more anyone would like to share, I think that’s all for tonight. Thank you for your time and loyalty."

[/html]
[html]

Cwmfen is technically ouched by Hybrid now, but I think that I might foredate that thread just for convenience, ^=^  Just thinking aloud, hah
500+

Cwmfen’s silent paws carried her in silence through the terrain. As she was accustom to doing, the black, woad marked female wandered near the boarders, glossing by to watch for any unwanted intruders. Often, the Russian Nikolai’s disregarding presence far beyond the boarders of the pack came to mind, as well as the presence of the husky dog that she had found with Svara. But these incidences were few and rare. And while they troubled the female and drove her to keep her vigil along that intangible barrier, often she was not concerned with such matters. The warrior, while solitary, had traveled and conversed with many creatures from many packs, and each pack and clan that she had encountered had shown themselves to be honorable and peacekeeping. Even the loners had presented themselves so. It was the distrust—or, more accurately, the inability of deep trust—that kept her eyes and ears open.

That familiar song of the Rosea rose upon the air. And the warrior responded immediately, as if she had been conditioned to move in the direction of the square at the sound of that song. The she-wolf’s pace quickened as she changed her course, and it was not long before the female arrived at the square. She was unwearied by her efforts, and her step remained light and effortless as she approached quietly with only the clicking of her claws against the stone as a warning. As the female greeted the Rosea silently and was greeted in return, she knew why this meeting had been called, and the female shifted upon her feet for a moment before taking a place upon one of the benches nearby. She watched the others as they entered and each time she was glad that the members had remained and endured. Momentarily, she wondered where the male Greyson, whom she had met only once, had gone. But many had disappeared that way. With the strength in numbers, the warrior was content. The white eyes turned to the white Rosea as she began the meeting promptly.

Cwmfen accepted the announcement of her promotion in silence, looking briefly to Cercelee and Haku. Quiet and subdued, the woad warrior seemed to take up that timid demeanor that so juxtaposed her martial passions. Not quite the social butterfly, the female was not sure how to respond. The white eyes lifted to gaze at all the faces of the pack—old and new—and she was ashamed that she had not yet taken the time to meet with them all. And with so many that she had not met, the warrior did not expect to be accepted immediately, but she did expect that she would work hard for them. Such leadership would be new to her, but an army was like a pack.... The white gaze fell finally upon Svara as Cercelee announced her promotion. The black female wondered quietly if that unstable personality would ever learn trust, if that silent agreement would ever be amended. The warrior would watch her, even if only from afar. And she was curious to know if adulthood would become her. A quiet warmth for the girl flickered in her gaze before she turned it to the others. As Cercelee concluded her announcement, she was silent still, for she had nothing to add. But she wondered what the others would have to offer.

[/html]
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... letop2.png);height:109px; margin-bottom:-20px; border:0px; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Word Count: 441

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... rplebg.png);" cellspacing="0">
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... bottom.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; color:#BC94A7; text-size:11px; padding:15px; padding-bottom:70px;">

Mew heard the call, ears turning to pick up the sound clearly, and swiftly rose to her feet, putting down the book she had been occupied with reading, and was on her way. She had been in her den, and it was not far, thus she did not shift for traveling, though she did do so normally. In minutes she was in the town square, and already a few had come. The rosea waited as everyone came, some from further distances, and some from closer, some alone and some carrying pups or coming with friends, siblings or mates. Mew sat down not far from where the rosea was, but still at a distance. There was space next to her on the little bench, and as she had not seen him yet, she hoped Lubomir - when he came - would see where she sat and be seated with her throughout the meeting.

Once everyone had come Cercelee wasted no time, and revealed to them all a certain amount of news. Upon hearing of Cwmfen's promotion Mew smiled genuinely at her, eyes warm. She liked the young woman, and though she was quite mysterious in her ways, their encounter with the piano and everything had made Mew very warmly attuned to her. She was glad to see that it was such a person that rose to fill that high rank, and not someone who did not deserve it - like Firefly, or herself. Mew did not believe herself good enough for these things anyway, and her people skills weren't that great. She would likely fail in such a position, and felt no grudge at all against Cwmfen being raised above the rest. She was a strong femme, and she would fit well. A concern rose in her hear, however - who would now fill the vacancy in the council? Cwmfen had been a good balance for Mew, giving the Ilex an excuse to keep herself in check - so that she did not go all out and gave in to the hatred for her cousin. Not shy in front of everyone (mostly she had met them all at least once anyway, but there were new faces), she voiced this concern to her rosea. Firefly was probably interested in this answer as well. I want to congratulate Cwmfen on her new rank, but who will fill her place in the council? Should it be just the two of us? The last half sentence was uttered somewhat with concern, although those that did not know her wll would fail to recognize it. Cer would understand, however, and she knew very well of the dispute.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Bwah!

Word Count: 377

In Character

She'd been deep in thought when the call had rung out. Kol had been back in Dahlia for over a month now, and this was the first official pack meeting that had taken place in that time. She was glad of it, for there would be new packmates there, packmates she had yet to meet on her own. As that thought crossed her mind, the young girl's heart quickened slightly at the probability of seeing Elliott there as well. She quashed the fleeting thought, however, inwardly chiding herself for the girlish feeling. There were too many more important things going on right now to lose herself in a childish crush. But he had the most alluring eyes...

Shaking the image of the male's face out of her head, she grumbled to herself and set her ebony paws into a fast trot toward the town square. It took little time to get there, and she smiled a gentle greeting to her Rosea, then offered a friendly nod to everyone else gathered. After finding a good spot, the female tucked her haunches beneath her, curling her bushy black tail around her paws as she waited patiently for the meeting to commence.

Warm violet eyes were focused entirely on the alpha as she made her announcements, flicking their gaze once to the oddly-marked female she named as Adonis, once with an accompanying smile to Slay at the mention of Cer's mateship to him, and once again to the chocolate Lilium at the mention of the pups. They strayed back to Cercelee for the remaining words as she absorbed their meaning. Cwmfen was one of the packmates Kol had yet to meet, and the ebony woman intrigued the girl greatly. She must obviously be of great worth and potential for both Cer and Haku to trust her with such responsibility, and the Circee knew also that she had obtained the duty of Head Warrior. It was a position and a duty of honor, and Kol respected the woman already. She'd have to make a point to seek her out and get to know her at some point after the meeting. For now, however, Kol had nothing of import to offer the gathering, and she remained seated as others voiced their opinions.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

Words: 800+ (wow, sorry for rambling!)

At the sound of Cercelee's call, Coli had come; a bit reluctantly, since had she been alone, she probably would have feigned ignorance and apologized later for her conspicuous absence. But of course she was not alone, and the foster family that had so kindly taken her in would certainly not stand for such cowardly disobedience, especially not after learning that Deuce had previously led a pack of her own before coming here. Coli was on all fours now, having shifted down to be on Willow's level; her small cream paws carried her swiftly to the town square, where she chose a position skirting the outside, not wishing to be too close to any members she had not met. Deuce's calm confidence and Willow's fearless ambition were rubbing off on her -- Coli was finally getting some of her nerve back, and it felt good to realize that she was actually improving herself, if only a little. She was still too shy to converse much with Taliesin, and she wasn't relishing seeing her father and his mate again (although if Firefly brought her pups, she would have no choice but to let Coli introduce herself to them, before the eyes of Cercelee). Cercelee...

Coli averted her eyes shyly from the snowy-furred friend she had grown up with, as the speeches began. She still hadn't the guts to approach her friend. She had almost asked to stay with Cer, but the scent of a strange male lingered all around the church that the Rosea had chosen to live in. Now Cercelee had confirmed her suspicions - she had taken a mate. She visibly drooped at the announcement; how cruel of the fates, to bring love to so many wolves around her, but to leave her without a single prospect. Cercelee's mate was big, notably taller than her, with strange husky-like markings. He looked a little threatening, with his light eyes... as did the newly promoted "Adonis", with her blue-daubed pelt and blank stare. Those white eyes - was the tribal wolf blind? She must have some sort of incredible skills, then, to be promoted to such a high level. In fact, most of the higher-ranked wolves carried themselves with such authority, they were impossible to approach... with the exception of her welcoming aunt, Mew. Auntie Mew had blushingly described her new flame; now would be a chance to see him in person. Lubomir, right? Oh, when would it be her turn... She sighed, her baby-blue eyes seeking friendly Alexey in the crowded town square. Their pack was quite large, wasn't it...? She hadn't realized how many wolves she shared this land with. It was like being in Clouded Tears again, only this time she had responsibilities to fulfill as an adult... Her lips curved into a small smile as Svara's adulthood was announced. Surely the lanky she-wolf would miss the carefree days where her foul mouth and equally bad temper were excusable. Even Haku's pet couldn't escape the discipline of everyone in the pack... The two girls didn't get along so well.

"Threats, harm and other crimes against fellow pack mates will not be tolerated..."
Coli glanced up at Cercelee when those words were spoken, light blue eyes meeting dark navy. Had that been for her benefit? Had she found out about the night Haku came for her? She had not told anyone, and it hadn't seemed like Haku wanted anyone to know... She swallowed hard, hoping he would not see fit to reprimand her again. It wasn't like she had been trying to rally pack members against their own Lilium; she had barely told anyone, and the majority of the wolves around her didn't know she existed until now. He had been so upset, though, and passionate enough to defend his sons from her feigned threat. Did the pack know how attached Haku Soul had become...? Maybe all it took was having boys to raise as his own, instead of daughters he could ignore. But that was neither here nor there.

"G... Greetings," Coli murmured shyly, her warm brown ears angled back against her skull. Her thick fluffy tail curled nervously about her small paws, and she cleared her throat, looking down at the snowy ground. "F-fellow pack mates... I thought I should introduce myself. C-Colibri Haki is my name... Call me Coli, if you wish. M-my announcement is that Deuce Rhiannon has seen fit to take me in... I'm now living with her children, Taliesin and Willow." The introverted wolf resisted the urge to turn tail and run, feeling the scrutinizing eyes of others boring into her pitiful soul. This was the most wolves she had been around... ever. And she had spent so much time speaking only to herself, in the deafening silence of the deserted cabin... Her claws clicked against the stone beneath her paws, as she self-consciously shifted her weight. This was the stuff of nightmares...

[/html]
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OoC: ...and more rambling. C:

Slay was settled comfortably alongside Cercelee, lazily watching the wolves in the pack shuffle in. Not everyone had attended their last pack hunt, as exciting as it had been; and this was his first chance meeting a handful of the luperci. Whereas the white-furred Rosea perched atop a bench, adding height to her sleight frame, Slay sprawled out on the stones below her, relaxing on the ground beneath her paws. He felt much more at ease these days, unconcerned with rank and duty. Perhaps it was just another phase of hedonism, but the big arctic male was quite comfortable hanging out at home, puttering about the big church and dreaming up plans for the future that would probably never happen. The flirtatious male was surprisingly happy at being tied down, so to speak. Now it was merely amusing to him to listen to Cercelee play leader, speaking in that false-warm tone she used whenever on "official business". Knowing how impish and playful the girl could be when she was in private somewhat spoiled the illusion she spun as the "responsible adult", but he wouldn't call her out. She might nip him on the ear for that, like she had at Flayra's farewell. His pale eyes sparkled with mischief as he studied the wolves that filed in around them.

As Cercelee's speech continued, she announced their official mateship, pausing for a moment to grin at him. He caught a smirk from Kol, the dark female he had befriended in the orchard, and smiled sheepishly, letting his black-dipped tail thump pleasantly against the cold ground. "It's true, you know. Sorry, ladies! Better luck next time around..." Okay, so he might get an earful from Cer afterwards for being sassy, but hey, she should expect that by now. He didn't have a reason to be awkward at meetings anymore. He felt a small pang of guilt, though - Susquehanna. The meeting with the herbalist had not been that long ago, but he had not mentioned it to his mate. Hanna had admitted that she loved Slay, but of course it was too late for anything to be done about it. He hated that he had broken her heart - him, of all people. Love was such a sticky business... Cer continued smoothly to her next topic, about following the laws and whatnot, and Slay tuned out. He was noticing a few new characters out in the sea of faces that struck him as a bit unfriendly. He didn't know it yet, but they were Svara's mother and Ril'o's brother, two of the less savory pack members. His gaze lingered for a second more, and then the moment was forgotten as his musical friend Mew spoke.

"Lubomir and I are next in line, Mew," Slay rumbled lightly. "If we need another council member, I'm guessing it'll be either of us." That was thought-provoking, actually. Slay had automatically assumed that the position would go to Lubomir, but seeing as how the greyscale male was now mated to Mew, would that be fair to Firefly? Then again, she was mated to the Lilium... and if the council position went to Slay for some god-forsaken reason, he was mated to the Rosea! The powerplay was confusing. It seemed like Cwmfen was the only one without an extra stake in the leadership (little did he know of her affections for Haku). Shaking his ruff, he let his chin settle onto his paws, waiting for someone else to chime in.

The next to speak up was a shy girl who looked startlingly similar to Haku, speak of the devil. At the name "Colibri", his ebony-daubed muzzle lifted, curiously studying this newcomer. He of course had known Colibri Soul, the introverted white wolf who had helped found the pack before abandoning it to Cercelee. This new, younger Colibri had the same uncomfortable demeanor as the former Rosea, as though she did not want to be around others, but there was fear in her actions as well. "Coli", though - that was Cer's friend, the one she thought was lost forever! She looked like a single gust of wind would shatter her - what a fragile little thing. Cer said Haku had wronged her in some way. She certainly looked haunted enough, poor dear. Still, he hoped that the girl's father had the decency to apologize for whatever-it-was... although he knew his own father would rather die than go back on his word, even after locking his own son up from the world, trying to use his sleep disorder to his own twisted advantage. What a bastard. He offered Coli a small smile, a gesture of acceptance. It was good that the girl had found a home so soon.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]
Deuce and Taliesin sat close together, near Coli. Deuce had commented to her son about Coli's seeming improvement of self confidence. The girl needed it after what her father had put her through. Deuce was in her two-legged form now that Willow was wandering more. It gave her greater mobility, and better agility should Willow find herself in a situation that was unpleasant. Deuce's bi-colored eyes wandered, settling onto Firefly. She had heard the woman had finally met her stepdaughter, though Willow wouldn't tell much more than that.

Deuce's eyes glanced around, settling briefly on haku. Now that she knew the truth of him, did she view him differently? he was still Haku, still handsome as ever. But now she saw the darkness underneath, where before she had seen only good. He had warned her, she supposed. After all, their first meeting hadn't exactly been...well, unforced. Her eyes flitted away, returning to the leader, glancing to the wolves of whom she spoke. She gave a congratulatory smile to each, her eyes darting away to seek out the small brown and cream form of her daughter.
Willow dashed in late. She was young and foolish, and had wandered farther than usual. But she arrived, her form bumping into legs and bodies of bigger wolves before reachoing her mother. Cereclee was already speaking, and the girl leaned against her mom. Blue eyes darted around, the girl already aching to be moving again, ready to resume exploring. Her tail wagged as her mom leaned down and nuzzled her.

Coli announced that she was staying with her mom and tal, and Willow piped up. "Yeah! She hunts real good too, like Tal!" She jumped up, pouncing playfully at Coli. She liked Coli, she was her big sister. They had the same dad. She didn't really understand why mom had said she wasn't allowed to be alone with dad. Neither mom nor Coli would explain, and Tal just shrugged when he was asked. She bounded over to her father, jumping playfully at him, licking his cheek.

If there'd been any doubt of her parentage before, there wasn't now.
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i42.tinypic.com/wbfo29.png); width: 450px; height: 431px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #000 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; top:75px; right:90px; width: 213px; height: 315px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

300+

Alexey was on her way back home when a powerful howl echoed through the night. Had it been anyone else calling out to her, she would have probably ignored it. But it wasn’t just any howl; it unmistakably belonged to the white queen of the lands. Whatever her reasons were for reuniting the whole pack, they most likely were good enough. Travelling all the way back to the town square did not exactly please her, but she sucked it up and did what was required of her.

It took quite some time for Lexey to adjust to the large number of wolves present at the meeting. Quite honestly, she felt a little intimidated by all these wolves she barely knew. How many of them had joined during her absence? Half of them were unfamiliar faces! She sought refuge from all these strangers by lying down next to her best friend and keeping her mouth shut. The two-year-old girl felt a little out of place and it showed in her attitude. Alexey planned on keeping quiet unless spoken to, knowing it would spare her the idle chit-chat with others.

Amber eyes travelled to the newly appointed Adonis, definitely a weird looking female: Cwmfen. She did not have any particular thoughts or opinions on the promotion. How could she? The Koios girl had never seen the female before. She simply smiled, hoping her reaction would be interpreted as a “congratulations”. When the Rosea mentioned Svara’s ascension to an adult rank, her smile widened. Finally. The brat would now receive the same treatment as everybody else; which meant her ass would get thrown out of the pack if she kept on pissing people off.

What was next? Haku and Firefly’s puppies. Alexey did not say anything pertaining to the little fur balls. She'd spent quite some time with them already, and she had already congratulated Firefly many times. A frown settled on her face when Cercelee’s mate spoke up, not quite catching on to the underlying joke behind his boastful words. The Lierre did not dwell on him for long because Colibri took the center stage with her announcement. Good girl. Honey-hued eyes twinkled with pride as she noticed the major improvement in the blue-eyed lady’s behavior. She was finally coming out of her cocoon.

What now?

[/html]
Ril'o seems to keep spending time in that field, too much time one might say. He didn't care he liked being there as he ran about the day (whenever he wasn't on patrolling the borders), and watching the stars from the same field. Ril'o might be a nice guy but he did enjoy life, he took in everything that he was able to do. Ril'o still hadn't claimed a home but goes between to sleeping places, one a cabin near the field the other a den close by as well. Sighing his ears pricked when the Cer's howl rang in the air, a pack meeting! This was his first and Ril'o felt excited as he bolted out of the field, golden body ran straight towards the town square as his green eyes lead the way.

Claws clicked the hard ground as he cut a hard turn into the town square, almost skidding to a fall Ril'o came to a stop near the back of the group. Panting he had a smile like always as his ears fanned forward listening to the others news. Everything seemed good and well when he heard Cer's speak of the events, tail thumping behind him maybe Ril'o was just having a good day as he spotted Slay with a grin- nodding Ril'o gave his leader and her mate a unspoken congratulations. He waited as he seen some new faces he had yet to meet, but Cwmfen was there and she was promoted a rank!!

He remembers their talk about co-ranks and how he would become a hunter, never getting a chance to talk to Slay he figured this was the prefect time. Waiting Quietly he listened until each person before him had spoken before he let out his warm and happy voice, "I only have one announcement! I have decided to take a hunter co-rank, now that we have more mouths to feed and all!!" Smiling he looked from Slay then to Cer as he sat quitely.
[html]
700+

Cercelee’s rage was well covered by numerous fresh cuts and bruised. Leroy was the last that had tried to fuck with the cocoa Lilium, but he thought the husky had suffered more damage than he had. His mood had caught hold of him more than once lately, and so the best solution seemed to be violence. He was not worried of what the rest of the pack thought, because they always choose to believe whatever they felt like anyway. He could not really bother to try to be popular within the pack. Cercelee still had him as her next in command, and that was proof enough that he was not a completely lost case. His promises had not been broken. Not officially in any case. Svara had deserved every bit and even more. He had decided not to share the drama with Cercelee. Svara was hanging in a dangerously thin line, and even though he felt he had no valid reason to keep her from trouble, his mouth would be shut. Was he growing soft? Everything that had happened these last weeks would be evidence of the complete opposite, but Haku could be worse than that. So much worse. The cabin held one less person, but it was time for the red child with the adult rank to get her own place. She would be free to fuck whoever she wanted then, without having an angry Lilium interfering.

The male was lost in thoughts and barely noticed the Rosea’s words, but he was aware of most of the facts already. He was particularly happy with Cwmfen’s promotion. It would be good to get a buffer between himself and the white leader. Cer’s temper was bound to be short after Coli had taken a few rounds around in Dahlia wailing about the rape. In a way, it was good to have the truth exposed. Now they knew everything, and so he relaxed. His reputation could not possibly get any worse than it was at the moment, and that was alright with him. He stayed focused and did no harm here, so he had obviously changed. He threw a calm glance to Cwmfen, a satisfied smile was on his face. She was perfect for leadership. That they would have to work close together from now on did not hurt one bit either. He welcomed opportunities with open arms. The man was still attracted to her, though he was perfectly able to cover it up and keep it his dirty little secret. The black warrior answered Mew’s question before Haku and Cercelee could, and so he just nodded at the marked faerie’s words, confirming her words.

He disliked seeing both Coli and Willow together, but that drowned in the quiet evidence that Willow had brought with her just by attending to the meeting. It would have happened at some point anyway, so it was just to get it over with. People would think badly of him for bringing Deuce and Willow into the pack, but he had feared for their lives. A loner with a small child in the middle of winter? Dahlia was the better choice then, although not the ideal one. Whatever they said, his soul was unbreakable. His ears perked with interest when Coli announced that she was living with her little sister. No doubt Deuce knew now too, but he had already told the bi-coloured female that he was a monster, so the horrible fact could hardly come as a surprise. He could handle hate. He had always been alone. It would only be foolish to believe that would change. Someone like him could never be fully accepted, no matter the position in a hierarchy. His eyes wandered from his oldest daughter to the dark, violet eyed female. She knew even more, but her belief in him was still as strong as ever. She knew the truth, and yet she remained his friend.

The male had nothing he wanted to say, and decided to remain silent. It usually seemed to be the best choice. His eyes fell to the ground and stayed there. His body ached and he felt tired. When this was over with he would return to his cabin and escape from this reality. Hopefully the children would shut the fuck up and leave him alone. Or, perhaps he should just find a new home. Firefly was into a new rage because of Willow. It had been a mistake to keep it from her, but the news had drowned in other things that he had considered more important. Troubles with Svara, Firefly’s pregnancy. Things could not be fixed any longer. It had gone too far. Firefly knew it as well. He had not gotten her full explosion in his face as of yet, but he knew his woman. He knew she had something horrible in mind for him. He could not make up excuses anymore.

[/html]
[html]

She watched them. Her yellow eyes casted down upon them she sat outside of the group of wolves. Svara had no intention to join them. She had no intention of aknowledging their happy celebration, they all were smug thinking her adult rank would be the end of her sharp additude, and they were right. Svara was done with even bothering she had been born a loner and she would always be one at heart so she would live here despise these wolves who will welcomly take in her mother and work towards the co-rank of healer.

The wet nose of her brother touched her shoulder. Of course no one could see him, he was dead, he was her apperition. He stood bigger and thicker then most a steel grey with black patched over it, a black phase wolf. Svara didn't turn her yellow eyes to look at Zack, ever since her mother had come he had been her burden, like a constant reminder at why she would have to change her ways. Standing there in her wolf form far off from the rest, almost completly in shadows she just listened. Zack finally spoke. "Don't let the anger poision you lil sister, or they will tear you apart." His deep velevet voice made her eyes look to the side but her head didn't move, she didn't want the whole pack to know or start to figure out about her brother.

Looking back to them she didn't say a word in response. The sting was that he was right. "We will fight Sabeen together Sister, but you must learn what he was trying to teach you." Zack's voice changed when saying the word "he". The red female knew he meant her father, knew he meant patience and to use the cunning he knew she had. Yellow orbs straied to the lilium of the pack. The one who had been so angry with her, who had threw her out of his cabin. It was fine by her, she needed to get out of there anyways. Svara found her eyes straying to Colibri the meek and pitiful girl that was spawn of Haku. The girl was more the irritating, her weakness wasn't cute, to Svara it was just plain irritating.

Eyes averted to Alexy another women she had no taste for. Svara just didn't like the women. Svara felt Zack turn his head looking at one of the members before speaking to her. "The black one with the blue markings, she is wise looking." He said looking to his sister. Svara didn't turn her eyes to him just let yellow ones move to Cwmfen. The women was wise and strong, she liked her alot, not that Svara would admit to it, just like she wouldn't admit to loving Haku and Firefly. It was all just a waste of her time and breathe. After a while the red she wolf just watched them with a stern face. She wasn't a child anymore, and not just because she had an adult rank. Her mother was back, her brother was always with her, and she had plans.

[/html]
[html]

Adelaida had heard the call but she wished she hadn’t. She did not want to see them, the pack. Alexey, Sankor, Haku, Firefly, Svara. Yet she was too obedient to just ignore it, knowing that in a pack when the leader called you came. It was how their society worked and with being the outcast that she already was, she needed no help in becoming more of a deviant. Rising to her feet unhappily she made no hurry to get where she was going. She was one of the last to arrive.

Alexey and Sankor were there of course, but Adelaida pretended not to see them. Ril’o was there, but she pretended not to see him either, for Alexey’s sake. She would have liked to take a seat near the male, but didn’t want her sister to judge her or any of her new friendships. Instead she crept up near Mew, who was safe to be seen with and safe to be around. She had noted Svara lingering outside the general group, thinking what a foolish child she still was. Why be in the pack if not a part of it? Even Ade was here, and she had more reason not to be, or so she thought.

The announcements were of little concern to her. She felt pangs of jealousy at the announcement of Cwmfen’s promotion. Now she had to answer to Sankor’s tattooed female too? Firefly had given birth, despite Adelaida’s angry words and threats to the children. Svara was considered an adult, despite her childish attitude. Everything was backwards and Adelaida shifted, ready to be off already. Yet the members all had their own announcements and suggestions to voice, at least it was a good opportunity to learn of them. Mew wondered about the council and Ade could care less, knowing no Koios would be appointed. Some male was the alpha’s mate, she knew neither though she should, nor some girl nearly as nervous as her who introduced herself. The pup the girl lived with was adorable, but all pups were really. Ril’o was to become a hunter, it went on.

Adelaida shifted nervously on her feet, drinking in the faces, new and old. There were a lot of members she hadn’t met yet, but after today she couldn’t say such was true. Still she was itching to leave, but she stayed. She didn’t want to be seen as the first one leaving.

[/html]
[html]
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5443 ... 6b9oco.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The call of her new leader had driven Sabeen from her sleeping place in Berwick. She was loath to call it a home- it was an empty house, housing her dresses and needles. At nights she would sleep on the hardwood floor, in lupus form, as she was accustomed. She drifted into the circle of wolves on two legs, curvy body wrapped in a black and gold tunic. It was faded and dusty, as were all her clothes. Eyes the colour of wheat examined briefly each new packmate; she had been the last to arrive and so her studies conflicted with the voice of her new Rosea. It was to her she looked first- white, like some angel. The words were boring, but she kept herself looking attentive for publicity's stake. The mention of Svara caught her attention briefly, and she flicked her sharp gaze to her daughter, who was opposite her across the sea of wolves. Split lips curled into a smirk, briefly, and then she was back into the other wolves. There was a sleek, black one with blue markings. Power resonated from her; Sabeen felt a flickering of interest and made a note to find out who she was.

There was another white wolf, high in position, who spoke then. Pack politics had little use to the lady. The husky with intense black markings, who had spoken during the speech -- she noted he was the leader's mate -- replied to the white wolf (Mew, she gathered). A young girl piped up next, introducing herself as Colibri Haki, living with some wolf named Deuce and her two children. The wolf rolled her shoulders absently. Then another wolf announced taking a corank of hunter. Blah, blah, blah. Boredly the woman brushed the dirt off of her dress. She looked around again, waiting to see if anyone else would speak up. Haku was here, she finally noticed, but didn't think on it. He was a coleader, of course he would be here.

Sabeen straightened up, taking a step forward to get into everyone's view. Her hands rested by her hips, a small smile gracing her pretty scarred face. 'I suppose now would be the time to introduce myself?' Her smile didn't reach her eyes. 'My name is Sabeen Thames.' She almost used Verlust, again, but Thames spilled from her lips at the last moment. The lady paused, and then added: 'I am Svara's mother.' Might as well get it out in the open, now.

[/html]
Sankor had been lingering along the bay, wondering just if the waters would ice over again that winter and make it easy for him to gain access to the stark island where the birds called home. He was really just bored and wanted something new to do. He knew he'd promised to take Cercelee there when the season grew warmer but that didn't mean he wasn't allowed to go beforehand. His idle thought that fluttered in his mind wondered if any of the packmates he'd met thus far would actually like to veture over to the rocky shores as well. Sadly, his line of thought was suddenly interupted thought by the call of his Dreamspinner. Sighing to himself he had heaved himself to his paws and went off to join the rest of the pack in seeing what all the news was about.

When he'd settled in a distance from the rest of the pack, not really sure who to sit by he was soon bombarded will all sorts of news, Cercelee spoke of one of the children reaching adulthood and he stole a glace herway for a mere moment, she didn't look too pleased though the rest of the pack had murmured their little waves of excitement. The one news that she had announced that had made him stand taller was when Cwmfen was announced to take the last role of leadership in the pack. His tail thumped against the ground, showing his approval as he let out a call of congratulations and did a little turn on the spot before settling down, realizing that the whole pack was around him. His tongue lulling out of his mouth in a goofy grin he gazed over at Ril'o for a second before shaking his head.

He'd already heard the news of Cercelee's mate and the politics of who would be moving up into the higher ranks didn't bother him, they were filled to the gills already and he knew there was no way he'd ever find a place where he belong in the higher tiers of the pack. It was a sad thought but the male was fine with it, as long as he was seen as a hard working and acceptable packmate he was doing just fine.

He nodded to himself and his thoughts but the drifting words of puppies caught his attention as he wrinkled his nose. He ddin't mind children but it just made him think of the arguement that his siblings and he had had the past moon and the patching up that still needed to be worked out. He sighed to himself and shook his head but was quiet as he listened to the news of others, not really having his own to add in, he doubted that the rest of the pack wanted to hear about how he and Ril'o had sat along the shore and compared the females of the pack against one another and marveled at the beauty of woman in all it's fierce strange ways. Yeah, he'd keep his maw shut just now, besides, it seemed there were a LOT more faces that he would have to get to know.

The mahagony and ebony male sat back idly and looked about, trying to place the figures he already knew and those he didn't. After connecting as many faces as he could he realized the mother and the puppies were missing.. probably keeping them out of the weather just to be safe he thought as he pushed past that and turned his gaze glancing towards his own sibling, hoping that he wouldn't find a flash of anger turned his way.
She didn't know what the coyote had been doing outside the borders of the packlands but neither of the figures had left the fight without some scraps and bruises. The Acer of Dahlia de Mai had used the whole encounter to good use though. The blood that was partly dried upon her pelt and still seeped from other wounds under her fur that she'd pulled loose in all the movement she'd made across the lands thatday had helped as well. She was exhausted but she continued on from the expedition she'd just finished. The small smudges of her own blood and the blood of Conor had been planted inside the cabin before she'd left, the scene wrecked by her own paws, the scent of the stranger on the border lingering. She didn't know if Haku had been back to the cabin yet but in the next few moments when the call had went out across the lands she hoped that he hadn't.

The lady was too far from her packlands to race to be the first to the meeting and today perhaps for once she didn't care. Her slight wounds ached and the fact that her children were in the paws of another was almost too much for her, but Haku had done it, and this had been the final straw. The copper and gold woman had stumbled across the edge of their packlands as she let the blood boil and the anger build, her emotions running wild as she finally let loose and began to race towards the town square. She'd thrown her head back and let out a mournful cry before she'd arrived, but the sight of the woman herself was probably a more shocking sight than the anguish in her song.

She stumbled into the meeting wild eyed, her heckles risen. She'd missed the entire episode with the leader and the announcements. She didn't care, not this time. Her eyes caught sight of Haku as she snarled and launched herself at the male. "Where are they!" she snarled as her fangs snapped in his face, the tears of all the pain he'd put her through coursing down her face as she growled. "You should have been protecting them!" she screamed, "Were you more concerned about your other precious bundle!" Her heart was breaking for all the times he'd done her wrong, but this time it would be him to feel the pain.
[html]

300+

The brute heard the voice of his new leader. He shot up his head, looking around to see where it was coming from. Ah. By her tone and the fact everyone was gathering around her, Dutch assumed that it was a pack meeting. Politics and the wellbeing of others didn't interest him at all. The male considered leaving, but thought better of it. He looked up at the white leader. She was pretty, he gathered, but she had said she had taken a mate. That was out of his range, obviously. Dutch listened to her talk about the pack and its news and information. It bored Dutch, making small yawns escape his lips. Why didn't they talk about exciting things at a pack meeting? Everyone looked so calm. "Oh, ew.." The brute murmured, looking around. Everyone was quiet. That is, until the white wolf finished her speech. Voices of other wolves were heard. He didn't know anyone, but was fine with that. He didn't need to know everyone to have fun. Besides, most of the wolves here didn't look like the kind of wolves he liked to hang out with.

Dutch spotted Ril'o among the crowd. Inching away slowly, the brute tried not to be spotted by his brother. So far, so good. He sighed, allowing all of his stress to flow out of his throat. Looking around, Dutch wondered what he was doing here. None of these wolves knew him, and he didn't want to know any of them. He knew his brother and Cwnfen, the one who had accepted him into the pack a few days before.

The male decided to speak up. It was better than just standing in the crowd, right? Right. "I'm Dutch Biler'a to anyone who is listening..." He rumbled lightly, rolling his eyes. No one was listening to him, as usual.

[/html]

[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OOC: Late to the party, as usual. 798 words

Lubomir Varg was in the Library, fingers skimming pages leisurely, his mind a million miles away. He knew there were puppies in the pack, though he himself had yet to see them. He wondered what they would grow up to be like, with parents like Firefly and Haku, for although he and Mew were their uncle and aunt respectively, things might be done differently here from his old pack. He missed his nieces and nephews, when he had enough time to spare a thought for them. And that, the grey male realised, happened less and less as time went by. His heart sank as he finally understood the great toll he had paid in moving so far away from home; for all that he thought of Frigg daily and kept his love for her as strong as it had ever been, the memories of the Old Country were slowly fading into the abyss of his mind. He could only dimly recall the borders of his pack, the smell of his den, the names of the lower ranking wolves.

As Cercelee's call rang out through the lands, Lubomir put the book back and sighed. Here he was, in his new home, in a good standing in the pack, mate to the most beautiful wolf in the world and still he felt he didn't belong. His heart was heavy and his mind a blur, but still he left the Library and slowly walked towards the meeting grounds. Thankfully, he seemed to have been early enough to catch the last parts of Cercelee's announcement. Silently he stood by Mew's side, his hand resting on her shoulder. The news that Cwmfen would be Adonis did not surprise him as much as it should have. He admired the warrior, for her character and her integrity, but also her genuine interest in the other members. He remembered their talk well enough. To Cercelee he smiled warmly, although Mew's question threw him off. Indeed, who would take place in the council. He looked at Slay, a male he had yet to be properly acquainted with. It certainly posed a difficult question. He himself was mated to Mew, who held a place in the council. Firefly was mated to Haku, who was second in command. Finally, Slay and Cercelee were mates, which meant the other had access to the highest ranking in the pack. He doubted the place would be awarded simply on who bedded whom, but he had to wonder if he could hold such a position of importance.

The grey male listened slowly, for a while saying nothing. But as the other wolves made their comments, he felt he had to say something himself. Stepping forward, he cleared his throat before declaring, "My heartfelt congratulations to Cwmfen on her promotion. She certainly deserves it and I am sure she will do great things for Dahlia. I also want to congratulate Firefly and Haku on their news, though for now it seems only the father is here." That puzzled him slightly. Where exactly was Firefly? Shrugging mentally, he added, "I have two things I would like to share with my fellow pack members. First, I myself have taken a mate, the gorgeous Mew Sadira and a co-rank, awarded by Cercelee. I am now the Ambassador for the pack and I hope I will be able to uphold my position with integrity and objectiveness." Smiling at Mew and inclining his head towards the leader, Lubomir took a deep breath. "The final piece of news relates to Wolfville itself. I have taken it upon myself to reopen our Library. So far the work has been great and varied, and I want to thank those among you who have helped. I anticipate the opening for --" But Lubomir never got to say when the Library would open.

She tore through their meeting like a gale, screaming and going for Haku. Startled, the grey male jumped slightly. She was screaming about them and his mind clicked instantly: puppies. Were they missing? Firefly seemed injured and terrified and for once he pitied her. Haku was not a good mate or father it seemed. With an anguished look towards his mate, Lubomir confidently walked across the square to stand by the woman's side. He dared not touch her, lest she turn on him, but with a calm voice, he said to her, "Firefly, what has happened? Calm down and tell us why you're in such a state. And what happened to the puppies." He hoped he had spoken loud enough for anyone to hear, without startling her further. Lubomir's heart was breaking at the thought of more drama in their lands. The loss of the pups, if it were true, would only hurt Mew more. He could not stand by such a thing.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 10v2ly.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Elliot, feel free to post still, but I am going to go ahead to keep the thread moving. Anyone can feel free to post now if they wish to make a second post, still no order so don’t wait around for anyone else!

Meetings never went as planned, tonight was no exception. Cercelee was beginning to feel at ease, listening to and watching the other members. The newer ones introduced themselves, those newly appointed with mates or ranks announced that and perhaps all this would go smoothly after all. Soon enough they would disperse, all back to their warm dens and homes. It would be a successful evening. And then she came crashing through, the last to arrive. Firefly.

Right in Haku’s face, snarling and raving. Her words made Cercelee’s heart drop. She was sure many of the other members had similar feelings. Lubomir’s voice broke through before even Haku had a chance, and Cercelee had no choice but to mimic his own words. "Indeed, Firefly, please calm down. What happened to you? And to the puppies?" The female’s pelt bore fresh wounds, the puppies were missing, most anything could have happened.

Her eyes went from one pack member to the next. Many would not know of the puppies, the newer ones. Dutch and Sabeen, they had just arrived, not even long enough to know of Dahlia’s youngest members. Perhaps some would not care, she did not know Adelaida or Deuce well enough. Yet she knew the puppies would have more than enough championing for them. Her eyes flitted to Slay, wondering if he felt half as miserable as she did now, and then to Haku, waiting for Lilium and father to take charge.

[/html]
[html]

500+

Cwmfen smiled her silent thanks to the congratulatory remarks she received from the members. And the white orbs lingered on the mahogany form of Sankor, who made funny little turn on the spot. The pack’s psychologist had brought comfort to the woad warrior from the start. She had only seen him several times, however, and she regretted not being able to make her visits with him more frequent. There were others who congratulated her as well. Mew spoke as did Lubomir, and the white orbs regarded the mated pair with a measure of warmth. The warrior had taken a liking to the soft spoken female, and, though she had met him only at the hunt, Lubomir had made a good impression upon her as well.

One by one the members went about, announcing their personal announcements. This was one of the things that Cwmfen particularly enjoyed in the meetings, if only because she could be silent and listen, unburdened by the attention of the others. The woad bound ears pricked forward as the girl Colibri Haki spoke. She was shy, but that was not what caught the warrior’s attention. It was the colour of the girl’s fur, so much like Haku’s that it was undeniable who she could be. And then her eyes went to Willow and to Deuce. And the warrior could not help but allow a small smile to grace her maw. It seemed that Haku had been a bit too free with his desires, but it seemed that there was not much conflict arising from his blood’s presence in the pack—save for Firefly, of course. And now, as the female looked about, she could not find her packmate among the crowd gathered at the square.

The woad bound tail waved once behind her, pleased to hear that he had finally decided which co-rank he would aquire. And she was pleased that he had chosen to be a Hunter, for the pack, especially with their growing numbers and the growing numbers of their pups, would require as much aid as they could. She smiled briefly to the golden male before she turned her gaze to those who had been silent. The only silence that bothered the black fae was that of Adelaida, whom she had met only when greeting her at the Dahlian boarders as she had sought to join. And the warrior wondered now what it was that bothered the timid female. Perhaps she would request to meet her at a future date.

Cwmfen briefly considered Dutch’s greeting before turning her attention to Lubomir’s news of rejuvenating the Wolfville library when Firefly’s entrance interrupted him, as well as the entire mood of the meeting. Her knews shocked the black fae, and the white orbs went from the furious Firefly to Haku. The woad warrior was silent as the others found their voices to speak to the hysterical mother, and she rose slowly to all four paws. “Who took them?” the alto melody asked darkly, quietly, almost speaking to herself, for the other wolves had asked already. Why would there be cause for the pups to disappear? The warrior was still as she waited, like the calm before the storm.

[/html]