the flashback's starting
[html]
Character Name: Anatola
Character Birthdate (including year): January 1st 2008
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Species: 100% Canis lupus ortus
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). PM
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Sporks (Allegro Aston) referred me.
Initial post:

She was bored. She had been wandering aimlessly for days now. The young wolf was tired, hungry and technically miserable. She had decided to find a new pack after her past mate had passed trying to defend her. She had convinced him she didn't need protection. She thought she was strong and capable of being indepedant. As a result of her mindless thinking, Anatola was left without the one she loved and with practically hundreds of scars covering her whole body.

Anatola was a young wolf. She was clueless. She had no knowledge of the real world. She made it seem like she did, yet she didn't. At all. The young wolf had a dark brown coat with one blue eye and one brown eye. Now, she had scars. Big, deep, thick scars. Not just any scars but scars that reminded her of the battle where she lost him. Anatola had tried her hardest to forget him but it wasn't working. She had came to the Phoenix Valley borders to start over and live a better life. She wasn't leaving much behind.

Anatola paced back and forth near the borders. It was dawn and the sunrays of the early morning were creeping up from the distance. The air was cool and crisp; a light breeze was batting against Anatola's fur. It was refreshing and let her mind rest. She was in a daze; completely whole and at peace. She didn't think anything could break her thoughts. For the first time in a while, Anatola felt like she had when her mate was alive. Perhaps even better.
[/html]

The silvery steele hybrid had been making his rounds on the borders when he'd caught the scent of another, it was strange and yet it wasn't one of the newer packmates he'd yet to grow use to. He'd seen their faces once to twice but hadn't really made any move to learn more about them, he hadn't made much attempt to kept up with anything since the knews of his mother's death had hit home. The Savant wasn't for certain what he was doing anymore. He went through his everyday routine and yet nothing seemed to change, it was like he expected the silver and gold woman to appear out of the woods and bark some sassy command for him to straighten up and stop looking so gloomy and serious. He sighed, his breath crisp in the air as he came back to reality and shook his head at the wish to see the Matriarch who would never return back to them.

He turned his eyes back towards the stranger who was waiting for something, not really wanting to spend time in the company of a nosy neighbor or someone looking for a bed and breakfast but he was responsible for the pack and he knew that Jefferson would probably have his ears in tatters to rival what his own mother had once been graced with. He bared his fangs at the thought and trampsed through the snow on long coyote limbs towards the scent of the woman who didn't seem to even notice him in the rising rays of the winter sun.

Stopping before the woman DaVinci spoke up suddenly as he realized how scarred up her pelt seemed to be. "Hey kid, you alright.." he asked, his stormy orbs glancing over her form, looking for fresh wounds or blood as he scented the air. His ears flickered slightly as he tried to catch the sound of another, perhaps a stranger following the young girl as he realized after a moment that they were infact alone... or so he hoped.
[html]
Anatola heard a voice, shattering her thoughts. She instantly remembered reality, the death of her mate and her blood-stained, scar covered body. She shivered. Anatola looked around rapidly, still in her daydream. She then saw him. It was a male, obviously, by the scent he was giving off. She looked at him and blinked. It took her a few seconds to realize what the brute had said. He had asked if she was alright. Anatola wondered why he would ask that. She was completely and utterly fine.

"Uhm... yeah. I'm fine. Perfectly. Completely," Anatola replied, nodding swiftly. She looked more nervous then she ever thought possible. Anatola felt like crawling in a corner and staying there. On the open borders of Phoenix Valley she felt too open and exposed to the world. It was a feeling that made her feel defeated. Anatola sighed briefly, shaking her fur slightly. She thought the blood would come off her coat, yet she had no luck.
[/html]

ooc: Welcome to Souls. Big Grin Sorry if I tend to post fast and they seem filled with blah. Wink Don't feel like you have to make long posts if I start rambling.

DaVinci wasn't for certain if he beleived the kid when she finally spoke, the light hitting her pelt gave off the show of old blood and he could tell she'd been through something rough. He sat back on his haunches and raised a brow at the girl as he stared at her hard. He'd seen that shell shocked look before on others but it had been a long time when it hasn't been someone related to him and strangers in distress weren't exactly something he was good with. The sub-leader's eyes grew sharp as he said pointedly. "If you're going to lie I'd come up with something a little more realistic 'hon.." His words might be blunt but they weren't harsh. He didn't want to run the frightened woman off, even though he didn't like to deal with the world he wasn't a complete brute and he had had his share of troubles too.

He tilted his head to the side as he studied her, quiet for a moment as he wondered just what her story was. He doubted she was a mass murderer with a mile long list of skeletons in her closet but by the looks she might atleast have a tale or two. He cleared his throat as his tone lightened. "You've found Phoenix Valley territory. We're not the largest pack around but we're devoted." To what she could make her own call. He'd like to believe that they were devoted to eachother, loyal to the pack and to each member but with the growing numbers of strangers at the door it was hard to say, but there was devotion and they were still growing and able to run as one. That was good enough for him until they could straighten out everything and everyone after the death of their eldest and fonding member.

The hybrid flicked his ears to the side idly as he asked. "You look like you could use some help atleast.." his eyes strolled her body and the scars that seemed to be forming as he continued on. "Either you're the clumsiest woman I've met.. or you had some help getting in the state you're in." he said. He didn't know if she'd actually give him an honest answer on how she'd received her wounds but he was offering her some help to get cleaned up and straightened up if she'd accept it.

"Where did you come from?" he asked as he reached into his pack for some jerky, something their pack had begun to grow use to carrying about to keep off the hunger pains and need to hunt all the time. When they did hunt generally half would be dried and dispersed to those who didn't mind the jerky. Not everyone took it but it didn't bother the Savant, they knew where to find it if they wished it. He offered the woman the slices of aromic dried meats as he leaned back against an old pine tree and waited.
[html]
Thanks. ;D It's been really interesting so far.

Anatola mumbled to herself, looking down at the ground. She had to agree with the hybrid; she wasn't the best lier around. But she never had to use those skills before. Her life before this was so easy-going and simple; she could predict what would happen each day. Anatola looked up into the rising sun, squinting her eyes. She was practically holding back tears. But Anatola was promising herself that from now on she would be strong. She wasn't going to cry in front of a strange. No, certainly not.

He had asked to help her? Anatola said she hadn't wanted help... but her body was in so much agony she had to accept. "Yes, yes. Help would be nice,"Anatola murmured softly. She looked down back at her paws, imagining what it would be like if this wolf hadn't shown up. Would she have died? Anatola scolded herself. She didn't want to think such thoughts. All that she knew was that she was lucky to be alive.

Anatola didn't want to tell him where she had came from. But, deep down, she knew that it would be best to tell him. "Well, I was caught between some wolves. They... they attacked me and my mate came. He tried to rescue me but he was still in pain from a past battle. H-he d-died. I ran away and showed up here. I want to join your pack and start over," Anatola replied softly. She whispered the last part, remembering the pain she had while she watched everything fold in front of her.

Beef jerky? He had offered her beef jerky? Anatola took a piece and held it tightly. She wasn't going to eat it just yet, even if she was starving. She would wait until the wolf had answered. Then, perhaps, Anatola would begin to nom on the dried meat.

[/html]

ooc: We can continue this thread but now you're free to post and ask for other threads with everyone else at Souls. Wink

DaVinci normally wasn't a sentimental fool, except when it came to one girl and she'd broken his heart into a million pieces he was still trying to put back together. The problem was, DaVinci wasn't good with jigsaw puzzles and he'd found his world turned into one very complex one now. His normally stony exterior did melt away though when he realize the girl(who was not much older than his own daughter) was trying hard to put up a brave face. Patiently he sat back quietly and let her gain control over her own emotions while his thoughts were turned to the girls in his own life who caused him so much worry and distress.

After a few moments of lingering silence the small voice of the woman found it's way into the world again as DaVinci offered her a slight smile. "There now, it's not so hard to ask.." he said softly, knowing that at times that infact it could be the hardest thing in the world to do. He believed that now might be one of those times and within the next few moments as she began to explain things it became all too clear why the young lady had seemed so shell shocked and mistified upon the edge of their lands. He wondered how far she'd ranged before finding herself at the edge of the territories. From the dirrection she'd been coming there were no other packs stationed out there and the land was a long stretch of miles. He wasn't even sure where the next pack's territory was over the mountains and the burned out hull of the old world he once knew.

He shook his head silently at her story as she spoke up. The mannerism and emotion that played in the woman showed that atleast she was speaking the truth, or she'd magically turned into the world's best liar he'd ever seen. He moved closer to the woman and asked, "Do you think you could walk a ways.. My mother's cabin is well enough into the packlands and we can get you cleaned up there, I could get a fire going and everything for you.." His voice kindof trailed off as he smiled a tiny smile, unsure of how she would take if he tried to examine the wounds right here and now. He knew that making her walk farther could do more damage but if she was well enough to take the extra time then he could do a better job with some light and she would probably like to have some warmth and comfort of a secure place.

"You can stay as long as you'd like to kid, as long as I can atleast get your name.." he teased, hoping that she would accept his invitation, not knowing how much it stung and ached to think of someone other than his family in the small cottage by the sea.
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]
Thank you! ;D
Sorry for the crappy post; I'm tired. D:

Anatola nodded swiftly, eager to do anything that would get her wounds cleaned and properly fixed. She swallowed slightly, hoping to head back to the wolf's cottage soon. A nice, warm fire and some beef jerky sounded good to her, followed by a rest. She hadn't slept in days and it was showing; her eyes were drooping and her bones were aching and stiff.

Her raspy, strained voice broke the silence and she spoke up. "Y-yes, I can travel. For a little bit at least. I can try, though," Anatola said quietly, followed by a cough. She hated feeling so weak and dependant on everyone. She felt so defeated, almost like she was better off dead. Normally, Anatola was social, outgoing and sweet, but now she was a total train wreck. She wondered if her old personality would ever come back.

"Oh, oh. I'm A-Anatola. Who're you?" Anatola replied, a hint of humor deep in her voice. Her agony and nervousness almost washed it away, but deep underneath all of her feelings, the old Anatola was there.

[/html]

ooc: this is crappy too, don't worry, I'm tired as well.. Big Grin

DaVinci smiled at the girl when she agreed to follow him, he turned about and began a slow pace down the red dirt road, which now with the snow and rain had become more of a muddy track down the center of the packlands. He was glad it was there though, it served as a good guide and rule of thumb on where things were about the lands. He kept casting his eyes back to the girl to make certain she was doing okay as the came closer to the cabin. "It's not that much further.." he coaxed her on as they came over the hill and around the bend, the old farmstead sitting on the hillside with the cattle grazing in the pasture and on the other the path down to the cottage on the beach. Smiling back at the girl he turned towards the cottage path, explaining. "That's the farm, I'll explain more about it when you've rested up... or you can explore it yourself when you feel better." he offered, not wanting her to think she was stuck with the male as her nurse forever.

Pushing open the door to the cabin the Savant gestured for the girl to make herself comfortable, the cottage had a collection of places for lounging, a couch, loveseat, recliners and even a nest of blankets and pillows. DaVinci set to work getting a fire going quickly, turning to smile at the girl as the warmth began to radiate from the fire. "That's better?" He dusted off his hands and gave Anatola the pouch of jerky before heading into the backroom to look for some clean clothes and something to cleanse her wounds with.

Returning with a large bowl of water and some rags he kneeled beside her and asked, "Which wounds are the worse?" as he slowly began to wipe away at some of the dried blood on her face, trying to uncover the young lady that lay beneith. He spoke suddenly, testing her name. "Anatola.. I'm DaVinci, the Savant of this pack. I'm sortof the beta, as it would have been in the pack I once belonged to long ago. I help our Patriarch tend to the pack and keep everything running like a family should.." he said softly as he glanced at her bi-colored eyes, his own stormy ones for once kind and inviting, instead of brooding and bitter.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... atable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Anatola limped after the male, slowly making her way toward him. The pain in her back leg was killing her and wished for nothing but a nice warm bed where she could sleep. But Anatola get never get there without taking the time, and even pain, to get there. She nodded after hearing his soothing words. She was instantly a lot calmer. It was odd to her, considering a stranger she had just barely met was so comforting and open. It looked as if he wasn't usually like this.

Anatola smiled weakly as she reached the farm. It was a beautiful place and perhaps when she felt better she would explore. She saw the man open the door into the cottage. She sighed happily and limped into the spacious room. Anatola felt the warmth of the fire after the man had started it. "Much better," Anatola replied softly. She felt much better now that she was sitting down near the warmth of a fire.

"I'd have to say the ones on my face and my back legs are worse," Anatola murmured softly. The rag was covering her face and she didn't want to speak too loudly. She closed her eyes tightly, not moving so the blood could easily come off. "It's nice to meet you, DaVinci. I appreciate your kindness," Anatola was glad DaVinci had came, and it wasn't a rude, unhelpful wolf who would of turned her away.

[/html]
They had settled into the cabin and the male was working slowly and gently as though the lady's face was a priceless peice of art and the removal of blood was like that of dust that had settled over time. Soon enough he'd cleared away the worse of the damage and could actually see the wound beneith. While the wound looked bad the blood had clotted and didn't seem deep enough to need to be stitched up, as well as the fact that he didn't want to be stitching on the poor girl who'd just arrived. What a welcome greeting that would have been.

He moved on to looking at her hindlegs and working on the matted fur and blood there as she spoke of her appreciation for what he was doing for her. He glanced up with a slight smile as he commented. "Jefferson and I might be hard, but we're not heartless.." both males that ran the pack weren't exactly the best of characters but they did work well off eachother and the pack was growing in numbers. The male dipped the rag in the crimson stain waters once again and finished cleaning off her legs before he wrapped them in gauze.

DaVinci knew enough about wounds to know she'd need to keep them clean and out of the elements for now. He studied his work a moment before deciding that the bandages would hold and that the lady would live. Looking up to her he asked, "Would you like to get some sleep now, you've been through a lot.." He dropped the soaked rag in the waters as he continued. "I'll stay here tonight if you'd like.. but tomorrow I'm afraid you'll have to begin your life in Phoenix Valley and just see what the rest of the pack is like." He smiled slightly at the woman, knowing that the packmates probably wouldn't give her a hard time, they weren't that bad, the females were nice and after her tramatic experiance would probably want to coddle and sooth the young lass.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... atable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Anatola nodded slowly, carefully trying not to move too fast that she would make DaVinci struggle while cleaning away her face. The young woman felt a tad bit embarassed that she was so dependant on everyone around her. She was strong. She always had been. She always would be. Anatola felt, however, right then that having help wasn't that bad.

"If Jefferson is anything like you, than I'm positive I'll like this pack, DaVanci," Anatola murmured, trying out his name. The words the young lass spoke of were true; if this Jefferson, the Patriarch of the pack, was anything like DaVinci than this pack would be close to perfect. Suddenly looking forward to meeting the other pack members, Anatola smiled at DaVinci.

Sleep, DaVinci had spoken of. Her eyes were drooping and were aching for sleep, but she didn't want to give in just yet. But, as Anatola thought of what she was going to say, she decided sleeping woul be for the best. Giving her head a nod, the woman spoke up. "Sleeping would be nice. You... you would stay here?" She was confused. She had assumed that DaVinci would just leave after settling her in. But, afterall, it was his cabin. "Thank you. I'll like it here. As for tomorrow, I-I was wondering where I would stay. Do I have to build a home? Find a den?" Anatola said, curiousity filling her eyes. She had so many questions about pack life, but wanted to wait.

[/html]
The Savant couldn't help but grin when the lady spoke of Jefferson. He stopped what he was doing and just shook his head. "Jefferson.. can be a bit forward and blunt, but he means well. If he seems gruff just take what he says with a grain of salt and don't think too much on it. He cares about the whole pack.." he said, as though he was reminding himself. He hadn't really known how much Jefferson had cared about the pack until everything that had resently happened. Though the woman before him probably didn't need to know it was better not to give her false hopes that the Patriarch was going to be an angel sent from heaven. He chuckled as he went on. "Don't worry though, the pack members are very open and welcoming. Some might be a bit nosy, but we are like a family.. you'll really see that in time." And like a family they did tend to get on one anothers nerves from time to time.. but they still cared for one another in their own strange ways.

DaVinci watched at the woman seemed to be falling asleep on her feet but fighting so hard against it. She reminded him of Skylar, so often he'd been sitting there telling her to go to bed and right in the middle of her protests she'd fall asleep. When she spoke he couldn't help but give her the promise. "I'll stay here. This was once my mother's home, often I was here in the past.. it's stood empty this past moon though." He sighed softly, still not really ready to accept that she was gone.

After he'd finished dressing her wounds and was granted with a thank you he smiled slightly and shook his head. "No need.. and you can stay here as long as you like.. until you find a place to better suit your needs. There's a lot of cottages deeper into the packlands and there's quite a few places where you can find natural dens and caves.." He smiled at the curiousity in her eyes as he tried to assure her that everything would be fine. "You don't have to try and do everything in one day.. take your time." Standing up DaVinci brought the girl a blanket and smiled down at her before settling into one of the recliners in the den. "Now get some sleep.. you'll feel a little bit better in the morning." He knew that her world wouldn't ever be the same but a new day would dawn bright and clear atleast.
[html]

When Anatola had brought up Jefferson, DaVinci seemed a bit... entertained. When he spoke of the Patriarch, the young woman blushed. She had gotton it all wrong; he wasn't what she had been expecting. In fact, he was quite the opposite. But that pleased Anatola all the same. Change was good, right? Right. Jefferson was probably a good pack leader, even if he did come off as gruff, tough and rough. "A family is good, yes..." The female murmured, nodding to herself. She never had a family before, except for her deceased mate, but even he wasn't what she would call a family. He had been too pushy and forward toward Anatola.

"Once? Your mother is... dead?" Anatola began, her eyes soft and flickering. She continued, not waiting for an answer. "I'm sorry. I know how you feel," The young woman hadn't realized until that moment that her parents and siblings were probably dead. The same evil rogues that had killed her mate had probably went after her 'family'. It was sad, yes, but she would never mourn for her parents. They had never treated Anatola like a daughter, but more like an enemy.

It seemed DaVinci had finished cleaning and tending to her wounds. Anatola smiled again and stood up. Ooh, a cottage? The young woman had always wanted her own home, but she had anywhere to call her own: her old mate had liked sleeping in the middle of no where. When she recovered, she was planning on looking for a cabin of her own. The anticipation of living on her own and adjusting to pack life was amazing. She would have no limits. Technically, at least. Anatola had no desire to be evil or break the pack rules, so considered herself lucky.

"Thank you," Anatola replied, taking the blanket from him. She pushed her hair back so it hung loosely on her shoulders. She sat on the ground against the wall, and covered the blanket over her knees. She sat there, looking around. The woman felt young and unexperienced compared to everything else in the cabin. Letting out a sigh, Anatola looked at DaVinci settling in a recliner. "Night..." She murmured.

[/html]