baby did a bad bad thing
The surprise she'd been granted in Dahlia de Mai had been the last straw for the woman. For his whore and bastard child to be under the protection of her very pack, for her to not be able to do a thing to the bitch was too much to ask of the woman. She was a highly ranked counsil member and she wasn't about to become the laughing stock of the pack. Haku had made her suffer enough and she was going to teach him a lesson or two just to remind him of how it felt to have one's world ripped away. She'd put up with his foolish games long enough, his little one night playthings and his oopsie daisy mistakes. She couldn't help the anger that was building up and boiling her blood, infact she welcomed it.

The copper and gold woman's pelt was still stick with the blood of the hybrid she'd battled outside the packlands. Her mind had been a buzz with thoughts since she'd found out that Haku had brought his second family into the security of the pack and decided not to even mention it to the Acer. He was their Lilium, but she was his mate and she was tired of being left in the dark til the rest of the world knew what was happening. This time it would be Haku who would be left in the dark and she would show him the pain and shame he'd shown her time and time again while he played his little games.

The woman held the limp form of Conor in her maw as she moved swiftly, tracing different paths through the rain and backtracking and switching up her trail over and over again to keep anyone who might try and follow the scent of the children afterwards. Her own scent had been disguised by rolling in some essence which lacked desire as well as the blood of her enemy. She'd come to the far side of Phoenix Valley, miles away from the lands of Dahlia de Mai, miles away from any pack and anyone who might see her. The lady paced back and forth in the stream, carrying the still form of Conor, the other small body packed away in the satchel that was nestled against her chest. Her heart pounded in her throat as she waited for the male to arrive.
[html]

Patrolling the borders. Nothing sinister, nothing dangerous. Not even silly or childish. Just patrolling the borders. It wasn’t his job, not really. He wasn’t officially a scout of the pack, nor was in any position to accept or reject homeless canines on the borders. Still, Lysander thought to himself with a grin, he could chip in around the pack. They did, after all, give him such warm hospitality. And furthermore, there was nothing fun going on inside the pack borders, he didn’t quite feel like venturing out, so wandering along the Phoenix Valley borders seemed quite natural to the male. Perhaps he would find some fun.

His prediction proved true, for not too long after he had started the patrol he came across her. She smelled of the pack to the north-west, like the male he had drunk with that night, shortly after he had just arrived. Even more interesting was the fact she was not alone. Something, or rather someone, dangled from her jaws and it looked lifeless but coming closer he found it to be a child, alive but so very still. How strange to be moving a child so young around the borders of the pack, Lysander decided he’d better investigate.

Coming up quickly as to not let her change her mind and leave when she saw the brutish husky approach, he cleared his throat audibly. “Excuse me miss, what are ya doin’ here? And with such a wee child too?” Surely whatever it was it wasn’t a good idea.
[/html]
The copper and gold woman shook out her mane of hair as she caught the scent of a passing packmate from Phoenix Valley. She'd hoped that she would have been able to find her brother without causing a scene but an idea ticked away in the back of her head as she drew closer to the strange male. She didn't know the fellow but she knew how her brother was about the pack and his ways on judging others, if he thought there was anything amiss about the fellow he'd probably be somewhere close by monitoring the events that were beginning to play out, or soon enough he'd happen upon the aftermath. When the male spoke up the plan had already hatched in her mind and she settled in the game, it was time.

Her eyes flooded with concern as she whined nerviously and placed Conor on her feet as she caught her breath for a moment. "Sir, I'm looking for DaVinci.." she said once she'd regained her composer, her soft irish voice filling the air as she glanced behind her as though the hounds of hell were on her trail. "I need to find my brother.." she said urgently. She didn't know what games the male before her might play at but she was aware enough of what she was preparing for and that was all she needed. It wasn't like she was abandoning the children, she'd know where they were and she'd make certain that they were cared for and well.
[html]

Lysander regarded the women who was asking for DaVinci, his eyes straying to the child once more. It was uncommon to carrying around pups so young in age, Lysander knew that well enough. And the female seemed rather bothered, scared even. She was polite at least, and Lysander thought that perhaps he should call for the one eyed gimp that ran the pack, because perhaps it was urgent, but Lysander could only shrug helplessly at her. She hadn’t asked for Jefferson, she had asked for her brother and DaVinci was out. “He is not here right now.” His voice was concerned, honest and sincere. As far as he knew, DaVinci was out.

It had been a long time since he had been around children, at least on a personal level. Of course the females of his clan had always been breeding, Lela and Rue were in the process of such when he had set off. Yet his mother had not given him any younger siblings, and he had no sister or true mate (though he might have some children wandering around somewhere out there). Children were curious creatures indeed. Yet skillfully Lysander did not show too much interest in the child, his eyes were focused on the female’s own. “I can give him a message?” Oh, Lysander was as helpful as anyone could hope.

[/html]
Firefly knew that this had to work, she could con her brother into doing anything for her and with the coverup that her Rosea knew of her actions and thought it was the best for the puppies, how could she lose. The emerald eyes of the woman seemed to tear up as the male gave her the news that DaVinci wasn't around. A soft whine played from her lips as she lowered her head down to the small form on her paws and nudged him softly. "He's got to be here.. I have to find him.." Her words began to break up as she lowered her head, her muzzle touching the back of Conor as she played the part of the defeated.

And yet in the moment where she had thought that everything would fall through the male offered her once escape and as she sniffled and tried to whip the tears from her bejeweled orbs she shook her head, trying to explain. "I've got to find a place.. for my puppies." She turned those sad eyes to the husky male as she hesitated, not knowing how much false information she should release to him. "They're not safe in our home anymore.." Those eyes pleased with the male, not knowing if he was lying about DaVinci or if he could even help, but he was a member of Phoenix Valley.. it was a start.
[html]

“I’m sorry, he’s not.” Lysander shook his head sadly, expressing only regret to the women. Oh, what a shame he could not call forth DaVinci, to take away these children and make them safe. How convenient it would be for the Dahlian women. Lysander had an idea though. He could take the puppies. Oh yes, they would be safe and happy with him. While the idea was mostly just amusing, he did like children… at least he thought he did now. The tiny bundle sleeping at the women’s feet as a novelty, he wanted to spend more time with the creature. What better way to learn about puppies than inherit one of your own? Or two? She said she had multiple, but Lysander only saw one. He looked to the sack she had with her, what a way to carry a child!

“I’m not sure when he will be back, miss. Might be a while. A long while.” The husky sighed, helplessly. He would have to play the cards right to make her trust him, to give her a reason to leave the children with him. What happened after that, well she wouldn’t know and neither would DaVinci so it was all fine. “Just what are ya guys runnin’ from? What’s happenin’ outside of the Valley, hmm?” One actor to another, though neither of them knew it. Lysander really did want to know the risks of taking on these pups, but no one would know he would have them. And Firefly did really want them to end up with her brother, though she didn’t know they would. Playing and pretending could be dangerous games.

[/html]
She was growing short on time and with a short temper as the male repeated again that DaVinci wasn't there. Slowly her mind began to click away that perhaps she would have to find another to watch the children until she could find a better place, or atleast until DaVinci arrived. Her emerald eyes glanced to the male as he tried to place a time on when her sibling could or would arrive back in the lands. She just shook her head sadly as she sighed. "Thank you.. atleast.." she said, unsure of what else she could really say, he had atleast tried to be helpful and chewing his head off wouldn't help her situation.

She'd glaced down at Conor, about to picl him up again, intend on finding another way through Phoenix Valley's lands and to her siblings home where she could hide the children along with a note explaining everything, knowing soon she'd be able to return and smooth over the rough edges. She'd been caught up in the revised plan that she almost hadn't heard his words and had to shake her head once more to clear away the buzzing plots.

She glanced away from the male as she tried to act like she was the victim here, which in some ways she was, as she said softly. "Nothing.. just bad choices on my half.." she brushed a paw across Conor's back, trying to make the tiny smears of blood disappear from his pelt but just failing at another as she sighed. "Do.. you know of anywhere they'd be safe until DaVinci gets back. I can't take them home now.." No, there was no way, she'd come this far and she wasn't turning back. She didn't deserve what she'd walked into and now she'd fight back. Her emerald orbs seemed to plead with the strange male for an answer as she waited, hoping she hadn't screwed up.
[html]

His heart beat faster at the female’s words, she was practically placing them in his hands already, but he had to play his cards right. Make the right moves. He didn’t want to be the idiot who passed GO! without collecting two-hundred dollars. Yet he wanted them, wanted them so badly for some reason. He had to slow himself down, just a bit, composed himself. Yet he was the perfect actor, he knew. He had more than enough practice. Looking down at the buddle of fur at his feet, he clicked his tongue, as if thinking. Swallowing hard and looking behind his shoulder, he appeared as if he was hesitant, trying to think of anyone to pass the children off on beside himself. Yet with a great sigh he physically conveyed he had come to the conclusion: himself.

“Well miss, if ya’d like, as a favor to Davinci, I will take them to my cabin, keep them there until he can come and round them up.” His tone conveyed loyalty to his leader, and his words seemed to show he was eager to give them up to their uncle. He only hoped Firefly was desperate enough, silly enough to hand them off to a silly, fool such as himself. But she didn’t know he was a fool, there was no reason to think he would keep anything from Davinci. He was a good little Valley member after all, wasn’t he?

[/html]
Firefly wasn't stupid, she glanced down at her son, Emwe still asleep in the pouch as well as she waited for the male's response. She jerked her head back up at the words that the male granted her. Doubt seemed to fill her eyes as she hesitated. "I couldn't.. " she said before glancing down at her boys. "Could you show me.." she asked. She wanted to see where the small ones would be until DaVinci was found. Not that she didn't trust the male, but she would be returning sometime for the boys and if DaVinci was out of the lands for a long while they might still be with the strangely marked male even then.

She shifted her gaze to the male as she pleaded. "I just.. want to know they're safe. Where they're at.." she didn't want to upset or insult the male but she wanted everything to be in a perfect little row for the plans she had for her kidnapped children. This little snag she hadn't forseen but perhaps it would work in her favor more than having DaVinci involved right off the bat. If she wasn't here when he received the puppies he couldn't bother asking her a million questions.
[html]

At first she refused but Lysander did not lose hope. She was desperate and desperate women were his favorite kind. Could you show me… Lysander smiled cheery and nodded his consent, but the request annoyed him. It was understandable, and he had been expecting something of the sort, but all the same he knew he would be visiting with the mother more often than he would have liked (which was never) in the weeks to follow. “Alright, come along then, this way.” He made no move to pick up the children, knowing instinctively that the women would wish to carry them up to the very last second herself. However, he desperately wanted to hold the little balls of life in his hands, feel their warmth and hearts beating against his skin.

The journey was not too long and Lysander did not hesitate to open the door into the barren cabin. Spotless, he knew it probably looked strange, but no matter, he only turned to the women giving her access into his home. “Just moved in.” It was true, and a simple way to explain the lack of personal belongings, which those who lived in human structures normally acquired. “Ya can come visit them whenever ya’d like.” He didn’t like making the offer, knowing she would take him up, but it would put her at ease, and that was important. They were almost in his grasp. “I'm Lyle. What’s your name miss?” Every friendly face needed a name.

[/html]
She stood there staring at him with the small form of Conor sitting between them. Her emerald eyes watching the male with false pleading in her eyes as she waited. Her heart pounded as the seconds just moved on. Finally it seemed after eons the male finally agreed to show her where he would be with the children and she offered a weak smile as she scooped up Conor again and began to pad after the male. For the first time ever actually taking a look at the lands around her. Any time she'd come to Phoenix Valley in the past she'd never really moved farther past the boundaries or the cabin where the two timing bitch Deuce had tended to her.

It didn't take too long for the male to bring her to the cabin where he stayed. She glanced around the lands a moment more before following him inside the bare home. She paused and realized exactly how bare it was as she placed Conor down on the floor and slipped Emwe out of the pouch he'd been sleeping. Both boys sitting on the floor before her she smiled weakly at the male, "thank you.." she said softly as she tried to groom the mussed up fur on the two boys before she too gave her own name to the male. "I'm Firefly.." she said and with a nudge to the boys she added their own names. "And this is Conor and Emwe.." She glanced back up to the male as she nudged the two boys towards him, hoping that they would go to investigate the stranger without the need of their mother's approval.
[html]

We can close this up yeah?

“Firefly.” Lysander repeated the name, nodded and smiled down at the bundle of puppies as she deposited them on the floor in front of him. One chubby, one skinny. One more outgoing, one more timid. Or so it seemed. Neither seemed very much like their mother except for coloration. “What nice boys you have.” And the bigger one waddled towards him. Gently he lowered his head, meeting face to face with the creature. It made a strange face at him and Lysander fell in love. There was no doubt about it now, stealing puppies had been a good plan after all. This would be good, he just knew it.

[/html]
Firefly watched as the two puppies began to get to know the male that was now to be their guardian. She sighed softly to herself as she glanced towards her packlands before moving over to both her boys and touching noses with them quietly. She shifted her eyes away from them as she spoke gently. "Now you two be good.. I'll try and come when I can to see you." She wished that she didn't have to do this but Haku had to learn somehow.. and if this wouldn't do it then she didn't know what in the hell she would do.

The woman shook her head sadly as she glanced towards Lysander. "Take good care of them for me.." she turned away from her two boys with a weary heart as she stepped through the door to his home where her two children would now reside. "I'll be back soon.." she promised before moving off swiftly. She wanted to get as far away from the lands as she could before she chickened out. She wished it didn't have to be this way.. but it was too late now.