Engaging the Enemy
It wasn't unlike Legion to be exploratory of...well...everything. One might even think him catlike in his curiosity of the world. He was a creature of spontaneity, thriving on the essence of change, imbibing the unusual and thirsting to learn. But it wasn't only that that brought his pristine white paws to the borders of Dahlia De Mai this day. Oh no, not that.

Something else entirely. It was more of a subconscious thing, because a scent had drifted to the black blot of a nose on his white frame, and it tapped a spot in his mind. It was as if there was a memory related to that scent, one that just sat there waiting to be unlocked. And it was frustrating more than anything trying to remember what it was. Something...familiar, known, in his past. But Legion was never known to be a patient soul. So, like any wolf of action, instead of pacing in circles trying to remember what it was his brain was forgetting, he forewent the lingering road in search of the scent's origin.

And had followed it here. The frigid air seemed to still in acknowledgement of hallowed ground, for he was standing betwixt rows and rows of graves. In the distance, a patina'd and aging statue of the Virgin Mary seemed to be staring calmly at him. His brow furrowed with a snort of disgust, human relics always seeming to mock the demonic name of his birth. Well, some good it did them, since their God had decided in favor of their destruction. He lowered his nose to the ground once again to shove aside dirt and detritus in search of the scent, knowing it had recently traipsed here. Still is ever so subtly tickled his mind with forgotten memories, but ever it made his heart beat pick up its pace.
[html]

Out of Character

OMGYAY.

Word Count: 349

In Character

Something wasn't right. Kol Stormbringer was awakened from a fitful sleep by the sudden clattering of decaying shutters against the side of her human dwelling. Several of the glass candle-holders she'd collected from the human ruins were sent crashing to the floor from their usual place on the tall dresser. The black female uncurled her wolfen body with a start at the intrusion of the wind, then froze in place with the realization of what it had brought with it.

Kol's eyes darkened as her hackles rose, a low growl beginning to emanate from her white-touched chest. The scent that had reached her on that cold, sudden wind was too real to be mistaken for anything but what it was. The young Stormbringer had tasted the blood of those who bore that scent too many times to give in to doubt. Snarling with anger, the Dahlian leapt from her mattress and flew out of the little home she shared with Alexey.

It took naught but a few moments to find him. His alabaster fur burned white-hot beneath the clouded half-moon in the midnight sky. To another onlooker, he could be rumored to resemble an angel, a messenger of the gods. But Kol knew better. The beautiful male that stood amongst the ruined tombstones of the graveyard was a demon unlike any other. The girl had no idea if this particular wolf had had any personal run-ins with her before, but it mattered little. Once, before the recent conflict between the families, the Stormbringer girl had been more open-minded; less likely to give in to prejudicial tendencies. But that was before Skripi, before the violence, before the pain and nightmarish nature of the Dawnrunners had been fully revealed to her. Now there was no leeway given to any who bore their blood.

Every hair stood on end as she approached the male stiffly, ears jutting forward as her lips were pulled back into a vicious and unmistakable warning. "You definitely picked the wrong fucking territory to trespass on. Get the hell out of Dahlia, you worthless piece of shit-eating scum!"

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
BWEEEEEE! <3

It didn't take long for the scent to turn into something material, as a shadow ran towards him and revealed exactly what he had been trying to remember. That dark pelt, those deep, violet-tinged orbs so furiously burning into his soul. It screamed "Stormbringer", the Get of Fenris, the ones his kind had raged against in defense of their own beliefs, had worked to purge from this world for as long as memory served.

Still, Legion remained calm as the beautiful portrait of rage threatened him, ivory teeth gleaming amongst that glorious pelt of crimson-tinged black. "Well well, what have we found here?" he grinned, seating himself in front of her and ignoring her question in mockery of her. After all, it was said that as soon as one resorted to shouting, the battle was already won. He didn't know this particular Stormbringer, but didn't blame her for bearing resentment...his birthpack wasn't exactly kind in their dealings with Fenris' children. However, Legion, despite his natural animosity towards the Stormbringer line, had always been one to think about and question the validity of what he was taught. Being an avid reader had helped with that. But among his more feral traits was the desire for glory and acceptance, and ridding the world of another Stormbringer would certainly give him points, even if he was on one of his familiar ventures away from home.

"And since when have your people ever been able to order mine anywhere, hmmmn, Starlet?" He used the name in reference to the small patch of white adorning her chest. "Still jealous because Odin preferred our kin over yours? It isn't MY fault Fenris caused so much trouble." His lilting baritone and teasing manner were only going to light more fires, and he knew it. He wouldn't deny his love for chaos. And he hadn't exactly been truthful in his earlier remark to Soran. He was, indeed, a fairly good fighter, having been trained in the art since birth. However, Legion differed from his clanmates in that he preferred to rape the mind before the body, finding much more pleasure in ripping apart a soul from within than destroying the flesh without. There was no need for that mess, and he didn't exactly have a taste for it, either.

Still, it was the blood-tinged femme's move now, he would wait to see what she would do before moving his next piece.
[html]

Out of Character

LOVE JOOOOOOOO!

Word Count: 390

In Character

The very sight and smell of him disgusted the female. His appearance brought images of her ravaged kin flashing across her mind, her eyes dancing with rage as she saw the mangled carcass of her brother strewn across the ground before her. Suddenly the pristine white coat of the unknown Dawnrunner was splattered with his crimson blood, and the air around Kol tingled with barely-contained wrath. His seeming nickname for the Dahlian only served to enrage her further, as innocent and pretty as it appeared to be. Innocence and beauty were twisted when touched by one of them. "Not your fault? Perhaps not, but then why must my bloodline be constantly judged for our ancestor's actions as well? You Dawnrunners twist and bend the truth to suit your own needs as you see fit. You see filth and sin in everything but yourselves, and yet you are the most disgusting of all!"

The Circee didn't normally let her temper get the better of her, but the appearance of a Dawnrunner inside the boundaries of Dahlia de Mai had flooded her with anger. She'd had no time to control herself before that scent had awakened her from her sleep, and at the moment she hardly desired to force that control into being. The girl had every right to be hostile; the Dawnrunners had slaughtered her kin for time unremembered, resorting to any cowardly and dirty means necessary to do so. On top of that, this particular one had completely disregarded the borderline of a claimed territory, and could be seen as fair game for the Dahlian patrol in anyone's eyes. In many other packs, death was the price one paid for trespassing.

Kol thought of calling Haku, considering that the male's crime was against the whole of Dahlia, but she knew her summons would be seen as an act of cowardice in the midnight blue eyes of her nemesis. She refused to give him anything, including the impression that she could not handle him herself. Besides, Haku would just attack and chase him off, and Kol wanted information, at the very least. "Tell me, Odin's dog, what exactly are you doing here anyway? Your kind are not usually without intelligence, and yet you blatantly trespass into a pack partially lead by a notorious psychopath. Do you weigh your life so worthlessly?"

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
*cling!!*

Her blantant distaste of his presence amused him, excited his blood in ways nothing else could. That his very presence could cause such uproar was a power he didn't mind posessing. At her first burst or outrage, the words pouring like acid from her lips, he mocked hurt feelings, ears lowering and eyebrows tilting up in a pitiful look. "Awww, you've gone and bruised my pride." He mourned, walking around her in a slow circle. But in just a blink of an eye the facade vanished, replaced by his cocky smirk and confident, upright ears.

He wondered what travelled through the dark fae's mind. Her hostility meant she was probably personally effected by one of the Dawnrunners' attacks. They weren't uncommon. Peace between their bloodlines was shaky at best, an ancestral feud that neither side seemed to be able to overcome. While in truth, Legion was still discovering his own personal religion at the moment, such ingrained brainwashing since birth was difficult to untangle. That, and his lust for chaos wasn't exactly a beneficial factor.

"Quite frankly, Starlet, I'm new to this place, and don't know anything of this pack nor it's apparently notorious alpha. I merely came to find out what this memorable scent belonged to...and look what I found!" He sneered, tail wagging in obvious enjoyment. "However, now that I've found it, perhaps I shall take my leave. Now is not the time nor place to deal with with such trifles. I wish for no trouble with your pack, nor with my own." He turned on a heel and began sauntering back towards the border, in essence, making sure the bitch would not win this particular battle. And sitting just over the border indeed meant he had won. He also had thoughts of his new position within Crimson Dreams. Getting into trouble would put that newly won trust in jeopardy, and that was a risk he could not take.
[html]

Out of Character

*noms* I'll ask this to be archived after my post. We'll make this first encounter brief, and then we can have a newer, more recent one! I can start that one up. >Wink

In Character

The Stormbringer's skin crawled beneath her hackles as the white ghost circled teasingly around her. He was baiting her, trying to push her buttons and provoke her into making the first offensive move, but she wouldn't be manipulated so easily. Every fiber of her being wanted to just leap for the white demon and stain his fur with his own crimson blood, but she held herself back. Rage burned in her violet eyes as she kept them locked on his cold blue stare, all the while growling softly.

His words were taunting, but she stood her ground. The growl in her chest grew louder by a hair as he regained his arrogant air, finally turning to saunter away from her. His explanation for avoiding conflict echoed in her ears, and she provided a reply to his turned back as he walked away. "Conflict between us has nothing to do with either of our claimed packs here, and I wish no trouble between them either. However, if we meet on unclaimed lands in the future, I can't guarantee I won't take the chance to rid the world of another fanatical zealot. Watch where you tread, Dawnrunner." With a look of disgust, Kol glared at the retreating ghost until she could no longer make out his glowing form, then tread softly back into the little house where hopefully her roommate was still fast asleep.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]