not that different, never the same
Zana had grown very little in the past two months and the little girl was not happy about it. Even the snowy puff ball that followed Zeke around seemed to have grown bigger. She couldn't understand why she hadn't, was there something wrong with her. The little Lykoi girl sat on the sandy shore and glared halfheartedly at the gulls that lazily circled and settled, circled and settled along the shore where she rested and pouted. She'd begun to slim out slightly but aside from that the small framed child had done little else. Her lilac orbs glared at the waves that lapped at the shore as she thought over and over again how unfair this was.

Suddenly her little paw flashed out and slapped a shell across the sands as she sat there huffing and puffing, trying not to cry. She was a big girl now and big girls didn't cry over silly little things. Her oversized ears sank back as she thought suddenly, who was she kidding, she cried over many silly things, from how short she was right down to the lack of fur on her tail beneith the pretty little ribbons that the adults helped doll her up with. She was a very self concious child and life just didn't seem to want to give her a helping hand ever.
[html]

"A..are you okay?" He called out quietly, voice as nervous as ever, from quite a few feet down the shore. It wasn't like Jasper to be so vocal with a stranger, to even approach a child as small as his foot, but she seemed to be angry and sad all at once. Jasper remember that look well, remembered those feelings well, and it was because of those reasons that he decided he couldn't just ignore her and move on. He'd been an unhappy child for quite a long time and, in some aspects, he still was. He knew how much it hurt, how it could be for someone who appeared to be so young, and he didn't like to see it happen all over again.

Of course, it hadn't occurred to him that he may have to say more, may have to try and offer advice on problems or anything of that nature, in the case that she actually bothered to answer him. He didn't have much life experience, sheltered away by himself and only himself, afraid of the world around him. He'd never belonged anywhere. Not with his family, not with the packs that had come and gone (despite the fact that he had felt so comfortable in Esper Hollow), and now there he was. A wolf in the middle of a pack of coyotes, growing less and less careful with keeping himself hidden each day. It would surely be the death of him, one day.

[/html]
[html]

OOC- Word count- 200+

Since joining, Vexx really hadn't decided when to try socializing. His amnesia caused him to not want to be in any sort of contact with others. It was kind of pathetic. Socializing may get him where he wants in finding his memory again. He sighed, walking along the beach. It was very calming, walking along the shores. It helped him find a state of relaxation. He couldn't remember any other time when he felt like this, but he was sure he had at one time.

He strolled for a while, until he saw a couple. Well, they couldn't have been a couple, since one was full grown, and the other just a pup. He cautiously walked over, hoping they weren't too hostile, the full grown or the pup. "Hello? Am I interrupting anything?"

[/html]
Zana hadn't really expected someone to suddenly appear out of nowhere and if she'd been paying attention she would have realized that he hadn't appeared out of nowhere as it seemed, but when the voice cut through her whimpers and tears she couldn't help but jump. Her wide lavender eyes turned over to look to the mismatched ones of the male as she didn't even bother to make certain he was someone she knew or even could trust. The little Lykoi child dove at his feet and wrapped a little paw around on ankle as she shook her head and wailed. "I's so little.. and it's not fair!" she sobbed, her little tears falling and soaking through the pretty ribbons and bow on her tail as she lowered her head. Her paw wrapped so tightly around Jasper's foot she was afraid he'd run away now, or atleast that she'd lose the small bit of comfort she'd found in an adult.

Suddenly it seemed once more the world was shattered as someone else suddenly appeared. She whined softly in her throat as her eyes turned to this new stranger with the odd markings on his face. That little paw that had been tightly curled around Jaspwer's foot was joined by the other one as she tried to speak up but could only manage to bury her face into the poor wolf's leg as a muffled reply came out. "He's bigger too! Not fairrr.." She hadn't even stopped to realize that though small in comparison to some, Jasper was bigger as well, and obviously he was bigger than her, but perhaps his demeaner gave him the edge to be approachable, even though he didn't even look like he belonged in their clan.
[html]

His immediate reaction as the young girl moved for him, attached to him, was to run. Jasper didn't though, he supposed there wasn't much harm that something so small could do, and she seemed more upset than anything else. It was awkward though, and for a moment all that Jasper could do was stand there with a rather dumb expression on his face. He wasn't sure how to react, what to do, but he had been the one to approach her and ask her if she was okay. Finally, after a few moments, Jasper lowered himself to the ground, making sure to take care of the girl's position and not step on or push her. "I..it's okay.." He said quietly, frowning to himself for lacking something more encouraging to say.

It was only then, as he got himself settled on the ground, that the words of the other male hit his ears. His arrival immediately made Jasper paranoid, moreso than he had been before, and his ears pushed back against his head. "No.." The young man told the other male quietly, despite being unsure of anything all of a sudden. Instead of dwelling on the fact that he was surrounded by more beings than he would have liked to be, Jasper turned his attention back to the girl. "It's okay. I'm smaller than anyone else that I know, who isn't a pup." In some ways, he could understand, but he didn't exactly know that she was going to be small forever.
[/html]
Vexx didn't know what to say. The pup seemed so upset about being so small. If anything, she had some advantages to being tiny. However, he figured that the child still might not see it the same way he did. Still, he tried his best to console her. Hey there, even though you are so small you still have skills most others may not have. Besides, you're probably better off than I am... His voice trailed off, knowing he was probably right. Losing his memory caused him to lose many other things too. His memory shaped many things about him. Now that it was lost, he lost his shape. He felt like nobody.
Zana nuzzled up to the clan mate as he tried to rearrange himself, the tears in her eyes blinding her as she felt him begin to move, leaning in closer she made certain that she was pressed against the poor fellow the whole time he moved, not wanting to lose the comfort she found in having a warm body present. She had avoided so many of the adults and since she'd abandoned her home in Phoenix Valley she had learned what it was like to not have someone to come home to. She sniffled and buried her face in Jasper's chest as she whined softly. "I just wanted to find my daddy.." So the whole adventured had began with looking for the lost soul in her life but it had ended with finding herself in a whole new world. She tried to wipe the tears from her eyes as she heard the other male speak up finally.

Her eyes clear for a moment Zana turned towards the strangely marked fellow and sniffled, the last of the worm out emotions coming to a close as she tried still to stay as close to Jasper as she could, not realizing that her actions made the boy nervous. Her bottom lip trembled slightly as she shook her head and whispered sadly. "I'm just a little girl, I can't do anything right.." And it was true. She was too small to hunt, unable to shift, and if an enemy got to close there was little she could do to help if another was in trouble. "I'm worthless.." she said as she lowered her head.