island alone
DaVinci had been walking along the edge of the Quartz Shoreline, gazing out towards the small chain of islands that the pack had decided to claim. He wasn't for certain what exactly was on the last two they'd added to their lands and once it warmed up he figured that he'd take the time to explore them atleast and learn just what they thought was claimable lands that no one would probably ever set foot on besides their own packmates. He grinned slightly at the idea and shook his head. The whole gesture was bittersweet though, Iskata had been the one who had wanted to claim the islands and she was gone now. The way of the pack she'd lead was gone as well in some sense. The two males had shifted the leadership rankings of the pack into something lighter than the Council the members had once known so well. He was glad though that she hadn't been around to see the changes take place.. it probably would have destroyed all the healing that had suddenly blossomed around the woman before her untimely death.

The silvery blue hybrid crouched down in the sands and stared out at the crashing waves on the misty morning. There was little he ever really did along the sandy shores anymore but sitting there today reminded him of his meeting with Val and Ryan and he wondered just how the two of them were doing. He still wasn't for certain what he thought about the meeting that had taken place and he hadn't spoken to Ryan about what had befallen his mother. He knew in time he would have to but for now he just wanted to wash away the pain.. and nothing seemed able to even do just that.
[html]
ooc: hallooo. He could tell her of Iska, perhaps.

She had brought a gift with her today, a medical kit, in the bag that she carried over her shoulder. Naniko had tried to do this for each pack that was out there, whether they had healers or not, but this year she'd had to wait a little longer to see if some of the plants would spring up or not. There were certain herbs that she was running out of, and she couldn't make little kits without a bit of each one. So she had waited until now, when the winter-spring plants had made their appearances. She could restock her supply of them and have enough to give away.

Naniko wasn't sure if there was a medic here or not, but she'd had a lot of free time since her fight with Anu. The children weren't around as much, either, and that had a big effect on her free time. She didn't have to spend hours inside the den feeding them and cleaning them now that they were bigger.

The Commander was near the eastern part of Phoenix Valley, the area where the pack borderline hit water. The beach. She wanted to find out the news, what was going on with the packs in the sourrounding areas, and she was going to start here.

[/html]
[html]

Don't no whether it's evening or midday. My conclusion is midday. BTW, Pendzez is slacking off a bit.

The white wolf stood at the end of the pier, looking out at the chain of islands. The wind blew gently across the northeast. The sound of the water was like lullabies. However, no lulliby would help with the sorrowful hearts over the news of Iskata. The white wolf knew there was something wrong wth her, but he just tell what. He thought she was just a little under the weather, but he didn't think that it would turn out to be this bad. However, it was probably her time to leave and part of nature.

Pendzez sat down on the pier with his feet over the edge. He always knew that when a wolf dies, it doesn't become a ghost. It becomes a part of nature, a spirit that watches over the ones that are alive. He always believed that butterflies aren't just insects that live in this world. They were the spirits that always watch over us. Nature's helpers, another name for them.

Pendzez then had the thought of his sister. Not long ago, something like two or three days after the pack meeting, Pendzez found her again. They were face to face. The white was relieved and glad that she was still alive. Flayra was happy and glad too. However, Flayra said that she didn't want to go back with him to Phoenix Valley. She wanted to live a life separate from his. Pendzez understood her decision. Well, she was growing up. She would be old enough to make her own decisions. She was used to not having him around. Pendzez didn't seem to be happy with her choice, but if that was her wish. As long that she was with wolves that would look after her.

The world was changing. Pendzez could feel it. A new world of 'Souls is dawning. Pendzez hoped that everone and everything is ready of what the future will have.

[/html]
The Savant hadn't really been expecting anyone to be moving along the borderline but the scent of Crimson Dreams made him raise his head slightly from his thoughts as he thought for a moment it was what annoying woman he'd met last time on the edge of their lands. When the scent of Naniko caught at his mind and the image of the woman began to fall into place the male smiled, a rare feat for the subleader as of recently. He hadn't even stopped to think before his paws had started carrying him off in her direction.

"What a rare jewel.." he teased, his voice drifting over the crash of the waves as he grinned towards Naniko. A cocky smile plastered on his maw as he finished the distance between them and settled down along the border to find out just what his long lost sibling was doing in his neck of the woods. "Would you happen to be lost little lady?" he asked, though she was larger than him and the words coming from his mouth didn't fit at all. If only he'd realized that one of his own packmates was close by he would have taken action in a way that was more becoming of his post, but probably not. He was an ass after all.
[html]
ooc

She hadn't been to Phoenix Valley much...only once or twice. She'd never really seen a reason for coming to visit--as far as she had known, there wasn't anyone in this pack that she really knew. But then, she hadn't been around much to see who all was there. Naniko had been lost in her own little world of drama and such...and only now was she beginning to come up out of it. She had a lot to catch up on.

"As fair as the freshly fallen snow" Naniko continued what her brother said with a grin, raising her hand in a greeting. So much had happened since she'd seen him last. She knew that he was around, yes...but not where he had been staying. "Not lost, persay...just looking for a pack that's supposed to be around here." Surely he was a part of this pack--he smelled just like the lands. Or...the lands smelled like him. Naniko did not notice the other packmember, too focused on the sight of Davinci. She reached over to pat him on the shoulder, unsure if a hug would be appropriate now that they were grown. "I come bearing gifts."

[/html]
[html]

ls like I haven't played Souls in years. Missed two weeks of it, but feels like years.

Pendzez didn't seemed bothered by the unexpected company of DaVinci and the familiar female with the Crimson Dreams scent. He seen her when... Iskata was laboring pups. The sight of her seemed alright. She seemed to have changed since then. However, that doesn't changethe fact that Iskata is dead. The only thing, that Pendzez, and the pack, is keep her in their memories as they venture further into life. DaVinci was a good subleader. Though, in some ways, he can be grouchy, he can still look after the pack members while they go about with their business.

He stood up from the end of the pier and began to walk to the sandy land. With each step, he felt the sand on his feet. In some ways, it felt marvelous. That was something, however, that was summer worthy. Coming closer to the two, Pendzez just bowed his head in a brief greeting at the two without stopping. He wasn't in rush to get back home, but just didn't want to make DaVinci more miserable with the White wolf's beliefs. However, Pendzez stopped not too far from them. He had this thought in his head about saying something to DaVinci. What could he say? More effective, what should he say? Wolves don't just die, they become butterflies? They become spirits of nature?

[/html]
DaVinci chuckled as the snow kissed woman greeted him so. He had never really told her that he'd joined their mother in Phoenix Valley and he wasn't even sure if she knew that he had children of his own as well. What a surprise there. He raised a brow as she seemed to tease about the pack that lived in the territory as she reached an arm out, while she seemed content just to pat her little brother on the shoulder DaVinci caught the lady up in a hug and growled playfully. "What, too good to give your brother a hug now?" he joked.

"And gifts? For me?" he teased. Within seconds he dropped the woman back down to her feet with a smile. From the corner of his eye he noticed the approach of another. Turning his head slightly the male blinked, "Pendzez.. this is Naniko, she's the leader of Crimson Dreams." His mind still lingered on the facts of why he'd been sitting on the beach but when his stormy orbs turned back to Naniko he wasn't sure if he even wanted to go that far just yet. No news was always better than bad news..
[html]
ooc

She laughed when he lifted her up off the ground--Davinci was stronger than he looked by far. Naniko was a pretty big wolf! "Yep, that's it. I'm just too good for that now." She said when he released her, hanging on for a few seconds more before stepping back. She had been in Crimson Dreams for too long, perhaps--she'd forgotten what it was like to kick back and have fun in other places. Naniko had always been a self motivated, work-driven individual, so it was hard for her to forget about work and have fun sometimes.

There was another wolf there, a big white male, and she gave him a smile and nod as well. One of the other packmembers of Phoenix Valley. "Hey there, Pendez. Good to see you. I must have gotten lucky, finding two of you here. It's more conversation, though--that's always good. Anything interesting been going on here in the valley?"

She pulled her backpack off of her shoulders, taking out the medical kit. "I brought this for you guys, too. So I don't forget about it and leave with it..." She reached to hand it to the leader. "It's a medicine kit."

[/html]
[html]

Pendzez was hoping to stay silent and not take part in the conversation between the two. He just wanted to go back, spend time with Allegro and just sleep However, his inside says not be rude without atr least saying hi. Though the female was an out of towner, he would need to be respectful when in front of them.

Turning to face the two, he broke the silence that his mouth was filled with. "Hello, miss. Pardon my silence when I walked by. I believe we've met once before. I'm sure we have." Pendzez started off light, but he would pick up when the conversation would progress further between the company of three. However, Pendzez still didn't want to stay very long. He just didn't want to be mocked of his beliefs

[/html]
He couldn't help but grin in spite of the thoughts that had been filtering through his mind before the appearance of his sibling. He shook his head and chuckled as he settled her down. "Well, you always were looking for bigger better things.." he winked at Naniko as he pulled himself back a few paces and got a good look at her, suddenly realizing that she didn't know a thing about his own family and life within the pack. "Did you find everything you were looking for?" he teased as he tried not to think about his family.. their family.

When Pendzez finally made his appearance DaVinci smiled at the two of them as greetings were exchanged. Too soon though Naniko asked that question that always seemed to come up when there was times to be caught up on and gossip to be spread. He frowned slightly at the thought of the news that the pack did have to share but he didn't speak up just yet, instead he took the package that she offered and grinned. "Always worrying about everyone else, though we could use it. Our Shaman left us a few moons past. We've managed fairly well but any help is appreciated." He picked at the edges of the kit as he spoke before glancing over at Pendzez.

"I'm not certain what you'd count as interesting.. I've heard recently that Pendzez here's taken a mate.." He chuckled briefly before shooting a glance at Naniko. "Speaking of family.. you're an Aunt now.. well, you have been for a while.." He knew all this talk was just him tiptoeing around the truth. He didn't want to be the one to tell her that Iskata was gone, that the woman who'd cared for her had disappeared and the pack presumed the worst. How could one just bring that into a conversation lightly..
[html]
ooc

She did remember Pendez a little...but the memory was vague. She wasn't sure where they had met, or what they'd done when they had seen each other. Hmm! Maybe she would see him later on, and talk about it. She'd met many wolves over her time, and sometimes it was hard to keep them all straight. Now that she didn't have the pups around as much, now that they were adults, she would be able to go out and make more friends in neighboring packs.

"Not really, but I'm still not even sure what that is. The thing I'm looking for." She shrugged. He probably knew about her children, but she couldn't be sure of it. Did he know all four? She couldn't believe that he'd had a kid without her even knowing about it at all--normally she was on top of things! And Pendez had a mate of his own, too? "Hey, congratulatinos! To both of you. I'm sorry I missed the birth--which wolf is it? Do I know her? And I had my four pups around winter time--Brooklyn, Salem, Haven, and Mati. Two girls and two boys. How many neices and nephews do I have?"

[/html]
Pendzez stood there and listened to what ever they were chatting about amongst themselves. He didn't want to eavesdrop, so he just started looking around his surroundings, pretending not to hear anything, though he was really. Naniko, however, seemed to be in Pendzez's mind. He remembered something that his sis, Flayra, said. She did say something about Naniko. He couldn't remember, but he definitely remember Flayra saying something about her. He turned back to the two, waiting for the right time to jump in. "Pardon me, but do you happen to have met a young girl by the name of Flayra, Naniko?"

He recieved a congratulatory compliment about taking up a mate. For once, he just gave a little blush. "Thank you." She then said things about having pups not too long ago. Well, the world is already changing. "Well, congratulations to you. I hope they do fine."
DaVinci grinned at his sister as she spoke of her quest for what everyone was looking for. Her congratulations to the two males was just like her but instead if making a big deal of it he just shrugged and shook his head as she was beginning to get carried away. "She's not from around here.." He ran a hand through his hair as he chuckled and tried to figure out just how in the world he was was going to explain this whole mess once more. It wasn't a burden in his eyes but he knew it was hard for some to comprehend.

"Back when Firefly and I went off looking for adventures.. I met someone.." he glanced over at Naniko as he figured she could already guess what was coming. "Oddly enough she tracked me down once I'd returned here.. and I was presented with my two children. Skylar and Tyrone. They've gone back to visit their mother right now though.." He scratched at the back of his head as the images of his children sitting around the cottage with Iskata came into his mind.

Frowning suddenly DaVinci was quiet as Pendzez spoke up, asking Naniko a question. He listened quietly for a moment as the two spoke briefly before he glanced up at his sister and cleared his throat. "Naniko.." He didn't really know how in the hell to say what was coming but there was no escaping it. "Iskata's gone.." saying it outloud didn't make the misery and pain associated with the fact go away.. but he had to tell her.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table4.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
He could also tell her about Zana? She would go see Zana :o

Davinci looked like something was troubling him, from the way that he was moving and acting. What was it, though, she wondered. Was something wrong? Maybe he didn't want to talk about his children. She was interested to meet them. First came Pendez's question, though, and she frowned when she looked at him. Had Flayra gotten into trouble over in this pack? The girl had seemed to be settling into life in Crimson Dreams...but maybe things weren't going as well as Naniko thought. She didn't like troublemakers, really. But she would listen to see why Pendez was so interested in the little girl. "Yes, I have. She lives in my pack. Why?"

It was difficult for her to keep up with both conversations, with all of the interjections, but she focused on Davinci now. Ah, so it wasn't someone from around here...and the pups weren't here either. Her sibling's next words didn't make much sense to her. Iskata was gone? Where had she gone off to this time? "Where's she gone to?"

[/html]
Pendzez heard what Naniko said about the girl. Well, he was happy that she had other wolves to look after her. It wasn't that she was in trouble or anything, he just asked. "Well, I'm her brother that she said she was hoping to find." Understandable, that seemed to the right word to say about this. Pendzez just hoped that the female would take of Flayra for him.

Then he went silent after hearing something that he hoped he didn't want to hear. he stood there, remaining quiet and, inside, with his heart filling with sorrow. He looked at DaVinci, waiting for what he was going to say about the late Iskata. Pendzez himself would say something, but he might muck up and forever be hated to the two that are present before. He just looked away in a formal matter, continuing to wait for Da's reply to the females question.
He stood there quietly letting the two of them speak as he tried to figure out just how to tell her everything that had happened. He'd really kept most of the trouble to himself the past few moons as Jefferson and he had got into the flow of things with the pack. Not that it was really that hard with the small numbers that they kept, but from time to time things were tense, not to mention all the things on his plate that had nothing to do with the pack. He couldn't help it as his ears pinned back when Naniko asked where their mother had gone.

He glanced down at the ground as he kicked at a small shell quietly. "We think.. she's dead.." He sighed and tried to gather himself as he continued. "Zana, the only one that survived out of her last litter.. she ran off and ended up in Inferni.." his stormy orbs lifted to gaze at Naniko again as he admitted. "I think she went to try and get her back.. but she never made it home." He wasn't even for certain if she'd made it to Inferni or if something had happened between here and there. There were just too many possibilities.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table4.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sorry for the wait; close this one soon?

"You've found her and talked to her?" She questioned. How else could Pendez know what Flayra had said to her, unless he had? That she had been hoping to find her brother? She didn't know the girl's whole story, though, so maybe there was more to it. Perhaps they had been looking for each other for a long time.

Naniko hadn't even known that their mother had given birth to another litter--that concerned her. She had siblings that she didn't even know about? She frowned, shaking her head. Had they found a body? Iskata was famous for up and leaving when she pleased, and doing what she wanted. The female couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Did you find a body? I mean...did someone tell you she was dead? I just..."
[/html]
OOC: Me Agree Jamie Smile

Pendzez nodded as the female asked him if Pendzez has seen and talked to the younger female. Pendzez was pleased to see that Flayra was safe and well. He just to make sure about that. He was also glad that there would would be wolves that would treat her well. Also if she wanted to see ehr brother for any reason, he hoped that they would let her, if the Phoenix Valley leaders knew why she was here on the lands too. "Yes. I ask that you look after her. Also, she wants to see me for anything, I only ask that you allow her." It wasn't a command, but a favor from the white male. Pendzez look at the Savant. "As long as the leaders know that she's here." He said as a way of asking Da if she had permission to enter the land as long as she's with or going straight to Pendzez.

Pendzez remained silent after Naniko asked more about Iskata. He wasn't really sure what happened or how. He only heard that she was presumed dead. However, he had his own beliefs that spirits are forever watching us as insects of beauty. "I don't know what happened. I only heard that she died." He himself was sad to hear the mourning news of the late Matriarch. Though he sees her spirit fluttering by from time to time, he wrote a song as a commemoration to her. He would sing, but he didn't bring his guitar. He thought it was time for him to go, but he should stay til everyone was gone home.
(yeah, we can end this here)

DaVinci didn't really want to get into it with Naniko about their mother with Pendzez present but it had already started and before he could even answer her Pendzez gave her a response. DaVinci growled at the packmate a second before he turned his eyes back to Naniko, a helpless look in those orbs as he shook his head. He really didn't need the white male to hear the words he was about to say but it didn't seem like he was going to leave anytime soon. He sighed softly and admitted the truth. "I.. got into an argument with her about Zana. I told her.. she was a worthless mother. She was jut going to let Zana stay in Inferni. She didn't belong there.." He shook his head as he covered his face with his hands. He didn't want to continue this conversation at all.

His shoulders sagged as he dropped his hands, gazing down at the ground a moment before he asked to be excused. "I'm sorry Naniko, I can't do this now.." He didn't even have the heart to look at her as he spoke before he just turned away from the two of them and stumbled across the sands. He needed to get away, he needed to escape. He needed a release that wouldn't remind him of all the wrongs he'd done. The tears started to prick at his eyes as he picked up his pace, the faster he was out of their sight the faster he could began to find a way to forget about the pain.