[If I Can Get Through This//

Cold winds blew across the snowy atmosphere, ruffling up the she-wolf's pelt. She was in her Optime form, having decided she was most comfortable in that form, for the time being, anyway. Asariel was a picky creature, never able to decided just what form she was most comfortable in. Some days it was her lupus form, other days, like today, it was her werewolf form. She plopped herself down in the snow, underneath a large oak tree. Her dark, tousled mane was every which way possible; it was something the young woman could never seem to get under control. She huffed and leaned against the tree's warm, welcoming trunk, teal colored eyes staring out at nothing in particular.

She definitely was a piece of work, that was for sure. So she was told, anyway. She frowned as she wondered if she'd meet any of her new packmates soon - these lands were new and intoxicating and she could definitely use a friend. Unless, friends were few and far between.
[html]
ooc

She didn't care much for the snow, but her determination won over her discomfort. Addison had been staying inside for a while, but now she was finally taking the initiative and exploring Phoenix Valley. She had lived here for a few weeks, but most of that time had been spent inside with Jefferson. He was taking care of her, making sure that her paws healed and that she was fed. He brought her the best foods ever--squirrel, rabbit, deer...and some things that she had never had the chance to taste, like pheasant.

The small, multi-colored pup made her way slowly through the woods. The snow was built up in areas, and she couldn't navigate through the bigger snow drifts...so she went around them, instead. Her blue and yellow eyes took in the sights, searching over the snow for any sign of another. There had to be more wolves out here somewhere, ones other than Jefferson.

[/html]

A golden-tinted ear flicked back at the sounds of approaching paw-steps. They sounded small, like a pup's. She half twisted around, blue-green eyes searching the melting snow. Her keen eyesight picked out a child, who seemed as if she wasn't too terribly font of the immense wet that surrounded them. In truth, she wasn't either. In fact, she despised the wet. But that's what God gave them and that's what they had to deal with, right? Quite. She turned around to face the direction that the youngster was approaching from. "Hello, little one," she said in a quiet, soothing tone, her voice sweet and welcoming. The female herself was a newcomer to the pack; she hadn't been here very long. A few days? Something like that.

A chilly wind knocked water droplets and melting snow off of tree branches, causing her to look at the snow as it fell in a wet, mushy heap beside her. Ugh. Disgusting. With a look of mild distaste she looked back to the young one, wondering what her story was. Everyone had to have a story. A young one such as the pup couldn't have that much of a story, she was just little. Asariel didn't have much of a story, either. But she still had one all the same.

---------

Tell me baby, what's your story, where you come from, where you gonna go this time..
[html]
ooc: D: I am so sorry! I thought that I had answered this one, love. <333 I will be more watchful in the future, I promise!

South, in California, there had been other types of prey. They'd eaten cats, pigeons, bats, and other small mammals that had adjusted to the city life and had dwelled within its limits. Those animals had been pretty scrawny, though, compared to what she found here. Occasionally she had seen a pigeon or two...but Jefferson had told her that they were called something else here. Dooves? Doves? She wasn't sure. In the city they had been pretty annoying, and she'd been glad to eat them.

Addison hadn't had the opportunity to meet any others from the pack yet besides Jefferson. She'd been inside the ranch house for almost two entire weeks--one week she had been too sick and the next week she had been recovering from that sickness. It had been the most horrible sort of illness...everything she'd eaten had come right back up, even the mildest of foods. But Jefferson had been very patient and had made sure that she kept her strength up even with all of his pack duties.

She was surprised to see that someone else was around, but not frightened. Meeting Jefferson had been the best thing that had ever happened to her, and surely the other wolves in this area were like him if he led them and lived here with them! "Hullo!" She called, hopping a little closer. She didn't mind looking silly by hopping--the snow in some areas was too deep for her to walk through.

[/html]
[html]

A smile crossed the she-wolf's mouth as she watched with amused eyes as the pup plundered through the snow. The snow was difficult for herself to walk in let alone a pup. Although when she was in her full Werewolf form it wasn't all that difficult. Walking like a human was easy enough. She gave a small wave. "Hallo, little one," Asariel said cheerfully, smiling in what she hoped was a friendly manner. "My name is Asariel; and yours?" She wasted no time on introductions. Asariel figured that the sooner you got introductions done, the better you would get to know the person afterwards.

Which wasn't always necessarily true. You could have a two hour conversation with someone and not know their name, right?

ooc: It's okay, love. Sorry it's short, as well, I'm rushed.

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

Addison had seen wolves in their big, two legged form before. That was how Jefferson was most of the time and it was how her parents had been. She'd tried walking back on her hind legs before, to see if she could do it...but there was something wrong when she tried. It didn't work! The girl reached down, taking a mouthful of snow and chewing on it. Snow was so good--it melted in her mouth, and she swallowed the water. For some reason, the snow-water didn't quench her thirst, though. She wondered why as she waited for a response from the other.

The pup approached, keeping a few feet away from the bigger female. She had never seen a wolf that looked quite like Asariel. Her face looked really nice to Addison--it didn't have cuts or burns on it or anything. And she had both eyes. She sort of reminded Addison of herself, in a couple of ways. But Addison's eyes were different, one yellow and one blue.

"Addison D'angelo! I comed here from Californuh and I stays wiv Jeff. Where did you come from?" She looked up at Asariel curiously.

[/html]
[html]

An amused smile crossed Asariel's smile as the little pup began speaking in true child fashion. It took her a couple minutes to understand the little one's words. Addison, was her name. "Well hello there, Addison. Very pleased to meet you," She spoke in a sweet tone, one sweeter than her usual voice. Sickeningly sweet, perhaps? Asariel shrugged it off and gazed at Addison. She had pretty eyes; one gold one blue. Asariel hadn't quite seen eyes like Addison's before. They were unique, and therefore Asariel liked them.

She tucked her wavy brunette shaded mane away from her face and mused to herself for a second or six. California - Asariel herself was from California. "California, huh? That's where I'm from as well!" She glowed with happiness and then added, "Nice to meet a fellow Californian," She smiled gently, happy to have started making a friend of sorts.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She didn't know how to talk too well. Jefferson sometimes told her how to pronounce the words right, but normally his lessons went in one ear and out the other. She didn't have very much patience for learning, and had troubles with sitting still and paying attention too. It just wasn't fun to sit inside a stuffy house all day, not when she could be out exploring!

Addison couldn't believe that someone else had heard of California. She hadn't met anyone yet who was from there or who even knew about it at all! "When I was there, with my mom and my dad, we ate lots of cats! In the big city. Did you do that?" She wondered if her family was indeed odd...or if everyone in California did that. Jefferson had told her that no one here ate them. The pup had many questions, but she put them on pause as she waited for an answer from the older wolf.

[/html]
[html]

Asariels teal eyes widened momentarily with surprise as she mentioned eating cats. Asariel wasn't sure what to think about that. Sure there was the whole dogs vs. cats thing, but she didn't see that as a reason to eat the things. "Um, well...I've never eaten a cat before," she said, then added, "I've never liked cats. Silly creatures." Still, she'd never thought about eating one. She wondered what a cat must taste like...then she blanched away from the idea. She liked rabbit, personally. Tender and stringy, it was to die for. She brought herself out of her mindless musings and looked at the pup.

She wondered what had happened to the baby's parents. Were they dead? Did they abandon her? She refrained from voicing her curiosity. Not many enjoyed talking about their families, it seemed...

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

"I dun like em either!" She agreed, nodding her head emphatically.
"You lived in the city? What was it like?"Asariel's city was probably different from the one that she had lived in. She couldn't remember the name any more, no matter how hard she tried. Dierdre had tried to make her remember the name too, in case she ever got lost, but she wasn't able to get a good grip on the memory. All that she knew was that it was somewhere in Northern California.

The youngster's tail wagged as she thought about home. These packlands had become home, now, but she did sometimes miss the city. There were houses here, things that reminded her of California, but they weren't the same. If Jefferson hadn't found her she probably wouldn't have made it, though...and she wanted to stay here with him because of it. He was a really good wolf. He was kind of like her dad, with the way he took care of her and watched over her.

That thought sparked a question, and she asked it just as soon as it came into her head. "Does your dad live here? Or mom?"

[/html]