thread title missing
[html]

Finally it was thawing out. Brooklyn was on the porch, her nose turned to the direction of the wind, hungrily drinking in the promise of spring. Her tail wagged lazily, her eyes closed against the sun's rays. She was how old now, 5 months? Soon she would start shifting. The white pup wondered exactly how all that happened. She wanted to surprise her mothers with her shifting. Would it hurt? Would she do it right the first time? She'd seen most of the wolves in the pack in their shifted forms and she had to admit that they all seemed so graceful. Savina she admired, although Brooklyn did find her too girly sometimes. But for all that, she could already see herself all grown her, her mane tied back in a practical pony tail, dressing up in a prince's clothing and finding princesses to save. A small smile curled on the pup's lips. It was a good dream.

Opening one eye lazily, she thought of going back inside. Today was slow again, although she could always leave the pack lands and explore some more. She had really enjoyed Halifax with Jazper, but it would probably be even better on her own! Stretching, Brooklyn trotted back inside to see if anyone was around. The house was hot, the sun filtering in through the windows. The temptation to go and lie back down in a patch of sunlight was so strong, but still the young pup fought it. She wanted to explore today. Loads of things to see. Or pack members to talk to. With a light bounce in her step, Brooklyn started looking for someone to entertain her, at least for a little while.

[/html]
[html]

The way the sun was warming the mansion today was absolutely divine. Savina was flopped lazily on the couch in the main area of the house with her eyes closed. One of the nearby windows let the light shine in on her, onyx fur drinking up all its heat. A small smile was on her lips as she thought of the little lives that were growing inside of her. She was so happy that her children would get to experience the entirety of spring and summer for their first seasons. The wolfess had also been born during that time (though the seasons back in Italy were a lot less noticeable). Unlike with Naniko's children, she wouldn't have to worry about them getting stuck outside and freezing to death. Though the only scare that way had been Salem, and it had not been the boy's fault.

When the front door was pushed open and closed loudly she raised her head to see who had entered. At first the back of the couch blocked her view but when she rose to her feet she saw the bright alabaster form of Brooklyn. Smile widened on her muzzle and she stepped down from the couch to go greet the young one. "Hello Brooklyn, how are you today?" Her accented voice played softly through the air. The weight of her stomach became more apparent every day. The Marino's slight form was heavier than it ever had been and she knew that she would still grow more.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: 300+

Brooklyn had not been expecting to find anyone here. Indeed, Savina's presence startled her so much she jumped backwards slightly, her eyes widening as she took in the black female's new look. Brooklyn had always like Savina, for her grace and elegance, as well as the fact that she could speak a different language! While she herself could never become as poised as the Lieutenant General, it did not mean that she could not look on admiringly. But today there was something different about the female. The white pup tried to put her paw on it and yet it slipped between her claws. And then it dawned on her. Savina's belly was getting rounder. But... was she just eating more? Brooklyn knew that puppies had to come from somewhere, but it had never really occurred to her to think about where exactly. Maybe they were found on the edge of the pack? But that was a stupid idea, she and Naniko were so alike no one could say she was someone else's child.

Wagging her tail, the female came closer into the room, smiling all the while. Savina. How are you? The question burned on the edge of her tongue. Why the belly? Was she sad and eating more? Brooklyn had seen the black female and Kansas together a few times and they had seemed happy. Had Kansas hurt her? She couldn't allow something like that! If he had, she would go and talk to him and make him apologise. He should never hurt anyone. Least of all Savina. What happened to your belly? It was out before she could stop herself. Quickly the pup realised her mistake. She tucked her tail between her hind legs and looked away. She'd always been taught to be polite and not nose around in other people's business. But... was there something wrong with Savina?

[/html]
[html]
hahaha, she's so cute! X3 300+

It was good to get a chance to talk to one of the pups again. The last time she had gotten to spend any amount of time with any of them it had been that morning that Mati had visited she and Kansas (which, consequently, had lead to her current condition). Savina loved spending time with the little ones. Ah, she had to remind herself that they really were not so little anymore. By her count they were nearly six moons old, half-way through a year. It wouldn't be long before they were full grown and into the adult ranks of the pack. There was no doubt in her mind that they would all thrive in whatever roles they decided to take on.

As it appeared she had startled the girl, her ears dipped and her tail wagged. "I'm sorry dear! I didn't mean to scare you." Brooklyn had probably been lost in her own head. She and Ehno had done so many times when they were growing up, and oftentimes she still did. If it was a trait one possessed they seldom grew out of it. It was far from a bad trait though. "I'm doing quite well, thanks. I love that the sun has finally returned to us." The warmth and light that the bright sphere brought could do wonders for one's mood and spirit.

The question had been inevitable. She knew her belly was obvious and pups were prone to questions. Immediately Brooklyn cowered though, as if she had done something wrong. Closing the distance between them Savina gently licked the youth's head. "It's alright Brooklyn, I'm not upset. It's only natural for you to want to ask." The dark fey took a seat next to the lightly colored pup. "My belly is like this because there's tiny little puppies growing inside. Just like you and your siblings were inside of your mother before you were born." This would be the first pregnancy they would be witness to. She wondered how they would feel about the forthcoming of their cousins.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Delays are the sign of a lazy mind XD 300+

Brooklyn loved the sun and she wagged her tail energetically when Savina pointed out the lovely weather. For all that she was finally growing into herself, she could remember a time when she had been a lot shier. It seemed almost surreal that while Haven was off on his own, having all those cool adventures she had stuck by Naniko's side, afraid of her own shadow. Sure, she could be brave when the adults were around, but soon she would stop being a puppy and become one of them. If she reached a respectable age and yet still followed the adults around, that would get her laughed at. And for good reason, too! So the white pup had taken it upon herself to grow up and deal with the bumps along the way all on her own. It's nicer when it's sunny! I can play outside with Haven and we don't have to hide in the caves any more. It was rather obvious that the pup was excited about the coming spring, the first one in her life.

But right here and right now, what she was even more excited about was seeing Savina's belly closer. She accepted the lick with a smile and a gentle nudge to the black female's legs. However, the explanation made her eyes widen and she found herself staring at the belly in something akin to awe. Tiny puppies? In there? But... how? Where did they come from? How were they eating or breathing in there? Was Savina taking them out and then putting them back in, like in a little den? The thought that she herself might have come from her momma's belly wasn't that strange. She hadn't just fallen out of the sky. But now, faced with actual pregnancy, Brooklyn wasn't entirely sure how to react.

Sure, more puppies meant more games to play, but... when? That's where puppies come from? So... so if I wanted to, I could play with them now? Brooklyn lifted a paw and gently placed it on Savina's belly. Puppies, you can come out now! I wanna play with you! With a grin on her face and her tail wagging madly, the white pup could only hope that they would be allowed to come out and play. She could teach them all the cool games she knew! And show them the good hiding places!

[/html]
[html]
no worries! and your reply made me lawl XD

Savina grinned widely at the light pup when she said she was excited about the weather. In her opinion it would have been awful to have been born right at the end of fall. These poor kids had known nothing but snow and cold! But soon it would become so wonderfully warm again and everything would be better. "I agree. I don't much care for winter, spring and summer are so much nicer. It's almost always sunny and so warm. Where I grew up it was always like that. It never snowed or got anywhere near as cold as it does here." If there was one thing she really missed about Italy it would have to be the weather. Not having to deal with winter had been just fine with her.

The Lt. General watched intently as Brooklyn studied her stomach and the little wheels turn in her head. It was a hard thing to understand at that age, especially when they couldn't know the exact truth behind pups. She was much too young to learn about what happened between females and males, though it wasn't that far off either. She nodded her head at the question. "Yes, all puppies come from their mommy's tummies." The woman chuckled lightly at the D'Angelo child's next antics. "I'm afraid you can't play with them right yet. It won't be too long though. They have some growing to do before they can come out. Right now they're too small. But I imagine they'll come out after the turn of the moon." It warmed her heart that Brooklyn was excited for them though.

"I'm always wondering how many there are and what they'll look like. Do you have any ideas Brooklyn?" Savina figured that way they wouldn't have to leave the topic of puppies but it might help steer the girl's mind away from the technical part of the discussion.

[/html]