turn off your mind, relax and float downstream
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... tomvi0.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
forward dated to the night of March 11 in the Shiloh Hills. Don't feel you have to match this length at all XD
500+

The young Aatte male had been restless all day long. Nothing was able to distract or satisfy him. He would start one activity only to get fed up with it and give up. It was strange and so not like him. His usual happy demeanor was gone and he had avoided the company of others all day. Anyone he came across he knew that he would be annoyed with them and he didn't want to make any of his friends or family upset with his foul mood. The worst part was that he had no idea why he felt this way. There had been some tension lately. Both of his mothers had been gone a lot and he could barely remember the last time he had seen them together. It gave him an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. That had been bothering him a lot, but there was more than just that today.

Finally when the sun set Haven decided that if he stayed inside the borders of the pack any longer he was going to lose his mind. The well muscled youth ran into the woods of Shiloh Hills, leaving the border of Crimson Dreams far behind him. He didn't stop running until he was almost ready to fall down. Sitting down in a small clearing his pink tongue lolled out of his mouth while he panted heavily. What in the world was going on with him? The burnt orange kid whined softly to himself. He didn't like feeling this way! He wanted to be happy and content again.

The cloud cover parted and the light of the moon shined down over the youth. Jade eyes looked to the bright night orb. It was perfectly round. He didn't know if he had ever seen it look so big and bright before. Then suddenly an urge came over one. It felt similar to the instinct to hunt, yet it was completely different at the same time. Eyes closed and he laid down on the forest floor. Pain shot through him and he could feel his bones and muscles grow and move around. Despite how uncomfortable this was, Haven didn't want to stop. Somehow he knew that he needed to do this. That he wanted this.

It took about fifteen minutes and then it all stopped. The pain and his shifting body. The boy's eyes opened back up and he pushed himself back up into a sitting position. Something was...different though. He felt strange. Then he looked down at what had moments ago been his front paws and saw that now they were hands. Bringing the strange appendages up to his face he examined them, a smile growing on his lips. He had shifted! White hair hung down over his eyes and he could feel the mane brush against the back of his neck and the top of his shoulders when he moved his head. He couldn't believe this, it was amazing! He just continued to sit there in awe, unsure what to do next.

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i42.tinypic.com/wbfo29.png); width: 450px; height: 431px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #000 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; top:75px; right:90px; width: 213px; height: 315px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

300+ Lexey's in reg. lupus form. xD

Alexey was out and wandering again, refusing to give up hope on finding Emwe and Conor. There was no way in hell she was going to, not until they turned up. Someone had been foolish enough to take those kids away and that person was going to suffer for it. The more she thought about it, the guiltier she felt. Was this how Salem’s family would’ve felt if she would have succeeded in taking him back to Dahlia de Mai? It was a horrible feeling and she was sorry for even trying. Her search had brought her all the way to Shiloh Hills; the place where she’d first met the snowy-pawed youngster.

The Dahlian femme had pondered seeking him out for a brief moment but she finally decided against it. It was better not to, just in case he had told his parents about their little encounter. Shame washed over her as she thought about it all. Alexey hadn’t gotten a single night’s sleep ever since Firefly’s pups had gone missing. They weren’t her children but she had grown attached to the little fur balls, especially Conor. She had taken it upon herself to raise those kids properly since it was clear their parents weren’t capable of doing so. Those puppies were like her little brothers and she wasn’t going to abandon them.

“Conor! Emwe!” It was probably no use calling out their names, but she did so anyway; just in case. An orange fur ball appeared not too far away from where she stood. Alexey would’ve left him alone under normal circumstances but she could not afford to overlook anyone who might’ve seen the pups. Honey-hued eyes widened with surprise as she made her way toward the youngster, suddenly realizing what had just occurred. The kid had shifted for the first time; it was easy to see from the look on his face. The same thing had happened to her not too long ago and she remembered it vividly.

“Have you tried standing up yet?” she questioned once close enough, allowing an awkward smile to adorn her maw.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... tomvi0.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
300+

He was finding it hard to even wrap his mind around what had just happened. For the longest time he had been so excited to be able to start shifting that he hadn't even noticed that he had just turned six months old the other day. The constant tension building at home had been enough to make him forget that this big even was just around the corner. Besides, no one had told him what it would be like. That he would have the urge to just do it and his body would have the instinctual knowledge of what to do. Now here he sat, fully shifted into optime form. He wondered what he looked like.

Haven was so caught up in the moment that he didn't hear the voice calling out names in the distance. Even if it had been a familiar voice calling out his own name he doubted that it would have reached his bi-toned ears. The boy just continued to sit there, staring at his hands, flexing them and moving his fingers. Now he would be able to do all those things he had always wanted to. Like to play the piano and hold books. Maybe he could even go back to the castle and bring home a sword and some more armor! He could train like a real life knight!

Suddenly the voice that had gone unnoticed before was closer and apparently addressing him. Jade eyes turned to take in a tan wolfess. It took a few moments for her words to register and he shook his head as if to clear it. "Sorry, I was ah...little caught up in my head," he said with a sheepish grin. "No, I haven't tried to stand up yet. Is it gonna be hard?" It probably would be he imagined. His whole life he had walked on four legs, walking on two would be very strange. "My name's Haven, by the way." She seemed like a very nice lady, almost reminded him of his aunt Savina in a way.

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i42.tinypic.com/wbfo29.png); width: 450px; height: 431px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #000 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; top:75px; right:90px; width: 213px; height: 315px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

300+

Alexey couldn’t take her eyes away from the youngster, quite taken in by his obvious fascination for shifting. She did not remember feeling proud or particularly overjoyed when she’d first shifted. The tawny femme wasn’t a born with Luperci genes, and thus was never meant to become one in the first place. The shock that came with the sudden change of her body was beyond imagination. It was not until much later, after she’d thought things through that Lexey realized where she’d picked up the ability to walk on two legs. She did not immediately embrace such an opportunity, seeing it more like a curse than anything else. But now that the Dahlian lady was getting the hang of it, she was finally starting to accept the whole thing.

Something about this little guy lightened her mood. Maybe because he reminded her that being a luperci wasn’t so bad. She needed to know that more than ever; especially since her last argument with Adelaida. When the young man apologized for being distracted, she allowed a light-hearted chuckle to escape her lips. “No need to apologize. You’re handling it like a champ from what I can see,” she said, tilting her head to examine him a little better. Alexey did not consider shifted wolves to be good-looking, but this boy had particularly nice features. He would grow up to be a handsome man, no doubt about it.

“Getting used to walking on two legs was the biggest challenge for me,” she explained, moving a little closer so that he could hold on to her if need be. “Try it,” Lexey then nudged his arm with the tip of her nose, urging him to give it a try. If he didn’t get the hang of it now, his return home would be quite difficult. “I’m Alexey,” she stated amiably, waiting patiently for the boy to take his first steps in Optime form.

[/html]
[html]
300+

The pup had grown up watching all the adults around him be able to shift and saw all of the amazing things they could do in that form. His momma Anu could plant flowers and other plants. Momma Nani used herbs and medicines to help other wolves and creatures get better if they were hurt or sick. Jazper could play the piano and other instruments. Geneva could hold books and read them aloud. Mati had told him of the miniature mansion that Ehno had constructed out of wood. None of those things you could do without hands. The thing he was looking forward to the most was the piano though. He had started at the big black instrument with envy ever since Jazz had showed him it. Now he would finally have the ability to play it correctly.

Haven could feel his face warm up at her compliment. Usually he wasn't so bashful, but being in this new form had taken away some of his exuberant confidence. "Heh, thanks. I spent so much time asking when I'd be able to I forgot to ask what to expect when I could." Perhaps a big oversight on his part, but he'd learn nevertheless. He'd just have to stumble through it instead of having previous knowledge. All of his long travels had given his muscles good tone and structure. While he couldn't see it, it had transferred well to his optime form as well. His arms were all lean, athletic muscle and his abs were well defined. He definitely had the build of a runner.

It had been expected, but hearing that learning to walk was the most difficult thing to learn made him swallow hard. He didn't want to look like a bumbling idiot. But somehow the demeanor of the lady reminded him a lot of his mothers and that put his nerves at ease. He smirked at her as she nudged his arm. "Okay. You gotta promise not to laugh though!" Honestly he wouldn't mind if she did. If she ridiculed him that would be a different story (though he really doubted she had that in her), but no one could help a good laugh at a funny situation. Putting his hands on the ground he shakily moved into a squatting position. "It's nice to meet you Alexey. Are you from Dahlia de Mai?" She smelled similar to the wolf he had met when he visited there. Slowly he started to rise to his full height, grinning as he was able to stand up alright. He then took one small step forward, and then another. But after the second he stumbled and fell against a tree, grabbing the trunk to keep himself upright. "Haha, well, I guess it could have been worse," he joked, smiling at her.

[/html]
[html]

300+

“I’ll try not to but I can’t guarantee anything,” she teased, attempting to alleviate the stressful atmosphere. The youngster wouldn’t get it on the first try: failure was inevitable in this case. However, Alexey was willing to bet that he’d get the hang of it faster than she had. He was a persistent little bugger, it was easy to see. The Koios girl watched intently as the boy got into a squatting position, anticipating the moment where he would actually stand up. Her own body was tense, caught up in all of the excitement.

Her ears flicked forward as Haven suddenly changed the subject of conversation. “Yup, been there before?” she asked curiously, wondering just how the boy knew about Dahlia de Mai. Alexey could only hope that Salem hadn’t told his pack all about her and how she had tried to become his third mom. It didn’t seem like it since Haven had not reacted negatively upon hearing her name. But the Dahlian female did her best not to dwell on what-ifs, preferring to focus on the orange-tinted adolescent who just had succeeded in standing upright.

Look at that. Alexey felt a little embarrassed as she watched him stand up as if it was the easiest thing in the world. It had taken her three attempts to do what he had just done. Her eyes were following his every step with great admiration until he stumbled forward, just as expected. She did her best to stifle a childish giggle when Haven made a comment about how it could’ve been worse. “Yeah, you could’ve landed on your face like I did the first time,” she said, feeling comfortable enough to share her experience with her new acquaintance. This was the most fun she’d had in a while and Lexey did her best to enjoy every moment.

[/html]
[html]
300+

He grinned at her. "Ah, alright. I won't get upset if you do. That I can promise." If he were in her place he was sure he would laugh. It was just a natural part of life. Just cause someone laughed at someone didn't necessarily mean they were making fun of them, it just meant that whatever it was was funny. The boy was mentally preparing himself that he was about to look very funny. Knowing that he wasn't going to succeed right of the bat only made him prepared to be more persistent. It wouldn't be as much of a disappointment when he failed that way. He would get it eventually. He always did.

Good! It seemed his nose has finally matured enough to recognize pack scents. That was a good accomplishment in his mind. Having a good nose would help him not get lost on all his little travels. "Yeah, once. Met a guy up there named Ril'o, he was nice. I've only been to two of the other packs so far. I'm hoping to visit them all before I'm a year old." It might have seemed a hefty goal to some, but not for the adventurous Aatte child. The wanderlust was strong in his blood. Staying in one place all the time would never satisfy him. He loved his home and would always return there, but he wanted to see what else was out there too.

Clutching to the tree like a lifeline he smiled broadly at Alexey. "Ha! Well, I would've fallen on my face if not for this tree here," he said patting the trunk. "Maybe everyone should learn how to do this in a forest. Keep from hurting their faces." The kid chuckled as he pushed against the tree to stand up straight again. Moving slower this time, he took one step at a time, holding his arms out to help balance himself. "Have you ever been to Crimson Dreams before?"

[/html]
[html]

300+

Ril'o. Where had she heard that name before? It definitely did not belong to someone she'd met personally, at least not yet. Closing her eyes, Alexey thought of the last pack meeting. She remembered Firefly storming in and announcing that Emwe and Conor had been kidnapped, but she tried to forget about that part for the time being. It took her a little while to associate the name with a specific face but she eventually managed to do so. Ah yes, he was the one with the overzealous attitude. That's about all she could remember. "I think I've seen him once. Never really spoke to the man," she admitted, a little ashamed that Haven knew more than she did about one of her pack mates. Perhaps once the pups were recovered, Alexey could take the time to seek him out and introduce herself properly.

The Dahlian girl couldn't help but smile as the youngster shared his goal with her. Teenagers were always so full of ambitions, watching them grow up was so uplifting at times. This one had quite the personality, Lexey was drawn to him like a magnet. A soft smile crossed her lips as he got right back up and tried walking again, something she hadn't expected him to do so soon after failing the first time. Persistent little bugger! "Nope, can't say I've been there before. One of my friends is the Lieutenant General there though, do you know Savina Marino?" she questioned curiously, tilting her head to the side. Friend. The word had rolled off her tongue so naturally. Yes, Savina was a friend; one of the only wolves she had befriended outside of Dahlia de Mai. It felt nice to think of her that way.

How was the italian wolfess anyway? Last time they'd seen each other was during her heated argument with Adelaida. Oh, how Lexey wished Savina hadn't seen any of it.

[/html]
[html]
Ugh, sorry for the length and quality D:

His visit to Dahlia had been pleasant, but not incredibly exciting. They had had a nice chat, but after hearing about all the different places inside the borders he had wanted to go see them. But instead all they had done was sit just at the borders. Haven never turned down a good conversation but exploring things while talking was always better. "He was nice, but he didn't offer to show me around or anything. I would have liked to see all the lands he described. Like the town and stuff." Admittedly he hadn't seen much of Inferni when he visited either, but when he visited the clan it was more for the company than the sights. Ever since he had met Heath and learned a little bit more about the "adult" parts of life he thought about Siobhan more and more.

However, right now the main concern on the young man's mind was not toppling over again. For a second he stumbled but his arms waved around and he was able to right himself before falling to the ground. "That was a close one," he joked. "This feels so weird. Walking like this. The ground is so far away." Going from having his nose never far from the ground to this was quite the perspective change. It was pretty disorienting. "You should come see it sometime! I could show you around!" He loved showing outsiders around the Crimson Dreams territory. "Aunt Savina? Oh yeah, she's great! She helps my momma Nani out a lot. How do you know her?"

[/html]
[html]

300+ Oh stop it, your posts are always full of awesomeness.

The Koios girl could only imagine how incredibly disappointed Haven must’ve felt when he didn’t get to see all of the beautiful places within Dahlia de Mai, especially Wolfville. Poor kid! A soft smile crept onto her lips; she couldn’t help but sympathize with him. It was every adolescent’s goal to explore as much as possible and apparently Haven was no different. “You should’ve asked him to show you around then, silly goose! Just stop by whenever you feel like it and I’ll give you a tour, except... I don’t think now’s the right time,“ she said reluctantly, realizing just how much she’d been neglecting her current mission. That’s right; she had two puppies to find.

When it looked as if the teenager was about to topple over, the Dahlian wolfess instinctively took a step forward to help him out. However, he quickly regained his balance on his own and continued talking as if nothing had happened. Alexey nodded briefly when he mentioned how weird it felt to walk on two legs. She could definitely relate to that statement. Then came his kind offer to show her around his pack lands, lands that she knew so well already. Not because she’d visited them recently, but because she’d once lived where his pack now stood.

“Maybe I’ll take you up on that offer, thank you so much Haven.” she said softly, truly flattered that he’d want to show her around his home. “I’ve known your aunt for a little while. Cercelee, my leader, once got injured really badly and Twilight Vale took good care of her. Savina’s the one who helped her return safely to Dahlia de Mai once the war was over. I think that’s when I first met her.” She did not get into too many details, assuming Haven already knew about the whole Inferni versus Dahlia de Mai war.

[/html]
[html]
You are too kind <3
300+

Now that she said it, it was rather silly that he hadn't simply asked to be shown around. That was so unlike him! He usually asked whatever he wanted whenever he wanted (with respect, of course). Ril'o surely would have been happy to show him around. Maybe he had been tired from his journey? Nah, that was hardly ever a problem. The Aatte child's energy wasn't boundless but he had a deep well to draw from. "Heh, I guess you're right. Oh well!" He tried his best not to dwell on the past too much. "That'd be great!" He stopped moving for a moment, arms still balancing the rest of him when she said it wasn't a good time. "Why's that?" he asked, voice laced with a thin layer of concern.

He noticed her step towards him as he had faltered. Thankfully he hadn't needed her help (he didn't want to crush her)! But it was the gesture and the thought that made him smile. Alexey really did remind him a lot of his mothers and of Savina as well. Always so nice and thoughtful and fun. Haven was glad that she had been the one to find him in this state. It was making the whole process go much easier. "No problem. Just consider it payback for being so nice," he said shooting her a handsome grin.

The boy had never heard the name Twilight Vale before. That pack had disbanded and Crimson Dreams had formed by the time he had been born. No one ever referred to the place by its old name. At least he had never heard anyone say it. "Twilight Vale? Where's that? I didn't know that Savvy had been in another pack. Mom never said anything about that." Little did he know his snowy mother had good reason to want to forget the old pack. "And there was a war? Between who? What happened?" He vaguely knew what a war was from the stories of kings and knights and kingdoms, but he had no idea that they still went on.

[/html]
[html]

300+

Haven’s obvious concern was what made her tell him about the recent drama that had occurred within Dahlia de Mai. Confiding in him couldn’t hurt, even if he was just a teenager. He seemed genuinely interested and perhaps he could help her find them. The Koios girl liked that idea. They could even look for the pups together; the youngster would get to explore ‘Souls at the same time and Lexey would gain a companion in return. That sounded like a fair trade. “Two of our puppies have gone missing. We’ve been looking for them all over the place but we still haven’t found anything that could lead us to them. Have you seen them? They’re both really young, almost three months old. Both of them look just the same, except Emwe has a little bit of white on his nose.” she explained, hoping her description would be accurate enough. The Dahlian femme did not get her hopes up though. It was unlikely that Haven had seen them, she knew that much. But at least she wasn’t giving up.

It wasn’t until the orange-toned boy started throwing what seemed like a million questions her way that she realized how unfamiliar he was with his pack’s history. She blinked a few times as her mind tried to assimilate all of the inquiries Haven needed an answer to. “Twilight Vale and another pack named Shadowed Suns merged together to form Crimson Dreams a little before you were born, I believe,” she revealed carefully, as to not give him any false information.

She had no problem telling him who had been involved in the war, but specific details as to why it had started were better left unsaid. Alexey doubted Savina would want her telling Haven about rape and murder. “Between Dahlia de Mai and Inferni.” She left it at that. Maybe if she avoided his last question, he’d eventually forget about it.

[/html]
[html]
300+

The news was shocking. Even to someone his age. The only logical conclusion was that someone or something had taken them. Even being the adventurous pup he had been he hadn't gone far at that age. Even if he had he knew that the pack would have been able to find him easily. Little legs couldn't go that far and adults could easily sniff them out. The fact that an entire pack was looking for them and having no luck was scary. Bi-colored ears drooped as he looked at Alexey. "That's no good. Poor little guys must be scared. That's so weird that they'd just disappear like that..." The only pup smaller than him he'd seen lately was Valkyrie the last time he had been to Inferni. "I'm sorry, I haven't. I'm sure that if anyone at home had found them they would have brought them to you." He wished he could be more helpful.

Wow, he hadn't known that Crimson Dreams had been made out of two different packs. It had always just been Crimson Dreams to him. Though maybe if he had asked questions about it he would have known. But he had never thought to question it. It was home and it was the way it was. "Huh, that's interesting. I never knew that. Well, obviously, that was silly to say." Haven really needed to stop vocalizing everything that went through his head. It had been fine when he was little but he was growing up now. He needed to put more of a filter between his brain and his mouth.

The kid couldn't help but let his face look a little shocked at the fact it had been Inferni that Dahlia had been in a war with. Even though he knew it must have happened before Siobhan lived there. "But...there's no war now, right? Everything's fine?" He swallowed, a little harder than usual. "It's just I...I have a friend who lives there." The last thing he wanted was to hear that Siobhan's home was battling with one of the other packs. He wanted her to be safe! The thought of her in such danger made his stomach feel tight.

[/html]
[html]

Just as she’d thought: poor Haven wasn’t much help. She hadn’t expected him to go “Oh yeah, I saw them walk by just 5 minutes ago” or anything. It was a little disappointing to learn that he didn’t hold any useful information, but it definitely didn’t come as a surprise either. “Don’t worry about it, we’ll find them,” she stated firmly. Dahlia de Mai had potential; they were bound to find a clue that would lead them to the pups. Alexey had no intention of giving up and neither did the rest of her pack mates.

The Dahlian girl made no other comment pertaining to Crimson Dreams’ creation. It was a good thing the youngster didn’t seem all that intrigued because she had no additional information to give him. His main focus was on the war and his little friend residing with the coyote clan. Lexey did her best not to let her feelings show. While she generally had no problem with coyote – wolf relationships, she did have a problem with Inferni. It was safe to assume that his friend was around his age and thus harmless. But the rest of the clan wasn’t.

Concern pierced through her nonchalant façade. Did Haven realize that their friendship probably wouldn’t last? “There’s no war going on right now. Don’t worry about it,” she started, hoping to somewhat soothe the adolescent’s worries. Should she have mentioned that the peace treaty had recently been breached when a coyote attacked Firefly? No, it was best not to. Last time she’d tried to be completely honest with a pup, things hadn’t gone too well. “But Haven, some people in Inferni aren’t very nice. I’d be careful if I were you.”

[/html]
[html]
Maybe start to wrap this up?

The Aatte boy let a sigh of relief escape his lungs at the news that there was no war at the current point in time. Thank goodness! He didn't want Siobhan to be in a dangerous situation. If there had been a war he might have tried to get her to come stay with him in Crimson Dreams until it was over. He couldn't stand the thought of her getting hurt. "That's good. I hope it stays that way. She's a really good friend and I don't want her to be scared." As of this point in his life he had never come across the deep rooted prejudices that ran between coyotes and wolves. He didn't view Siobhan or any other coyote or someone with coyote blood any differently than any wolf. He was unaware of it, but even he had some coyote blood flowing through his veins.

So at Alexey's sudden concern about the subject he looked at her with a puzzled face. He had been to the clan twice now and had never been treated poorly or had anyone be mean to him. He had only met three of their members including Siobhan, but they all had been really nice. And Siobhan always talked about the two adults that looked after her and he just assumed they were nice too. "What do you mean? I've been there twice and everyone I've met is really nice. They weren't any different from anyone else I've met." Haven was blind to the differences between the two species and how deep the hate ran in some people.

[/html]
[html]

We can archive this after your reply! Big Grin 300+

So his friend was female. His undeniable attachment to the coyote girl brought a smile to her lips. It was cute. Cute and… dangerous. Why was it that all puppies from Crimson Dreams stood out from the norm? First Salem with his two mothers and now Haven with his unconditional love for a coyote. Did it have to do with the way they were brought up or was it a mere coincidence? On the flip side, they were well-educated and extremely polite. However, that was to be expected from Savina’s pack mates. Lexey had yet to meet a wolf from Crimson Dreams that she disliked.

The Koios girl was a little surprised to learn that Haven had been to Inferni twice already. It was so far away from his pack lands! What was even more impressive was that he’d been treated like a normal kid. Alexey wrinkled her nose in obvious confusion. She definitely hadn’t expected any coyote to behave nicely. “Depends who you run into, I guess. Three of them attacked my sister for no reason. They nearly killed her.” she explained, remembering in how bad of a shape Adelaida had been after her encounter with the bastards. While Ade normally deserved most of what she got, she hadn’t done anything to provoke anyone on that day.

That was just the tip of the iceberg. Hybrid had nearly killed the Rosea. Mew had lost her puppies to a coy femme named Asphyxia. And the list went on. “So you better be careful, bucko!” Her tone of voice was light and nonchalant, despite the worry that now plagued her mind. Their conversation had her thinking about Emwe and Conor again. She could only hope Inferni hadn’t gotten their hands on Dahlia’s children. “Guess I should get going now. I still have some pups to find. Will you be okay on your own?”

[/html]
[html]

Haven had been lucky in his adventures to Inferni. He didn't think of it that way, but he was. No one had warned him about the feelings and habits of the clan, so he didn't view it any differently than any other pack. The only members he had ever met there were Siobhan, Ryan, and Valkyrie and all of them had been incredibly nice and pleasant. If he had run into some of the male members of Inferni he might have been more cautious about going there than he was now. So Alexey's comment about what had happened to her sister was more than a little shocking to the kid. That couldn't be true, could it? Alexey didn't seem like the type to make stuff up though. Maybe he would have to be more careful when visiting there.

"Yeah, I guess so, I didn't know about any of that. I'll be more careful from now on," he said smiling at the tan lady. He was reaching the age when the dark truths about the world were going to become much more apparent to him. Soon his little fantasy world where everyone was nice and things were peaceful was going to be flipped on its head. Still, he tried not to let the new information get to him too much. If he ran into someone who wasn't quiet as welcoming at the clan's border's he'd just explain that he meant no harm and was there to see his friend. Surely that would be all it would take. "Oh yeah, I'll be fine. Thanks for helping me out though! Good luck finding the puppies Alexey." The Aatte male gave her a wave as they parted ways.

[/html]