girl's eyes, butterflies
[html]
set to March 13
300+

Ever since the night he had first shifted he hadn't returned to the comfort of his home. This new skill was so invigorating he didn't want to risk ruining the happiness of it by returning to the uncertainty and tension back in Crimson Dreams. He was running away from his problems, at least for the time being. He had figured out how to change back into his regular form thankfully and he headed up north. While he was excited about being able to finally change into his optime form, he was still unsteady on his feet in it. Moving on four legs was much easier and faster than on two. He had come across an area he hadn't been before, a strip of land that was surrounded on water by both sides yet still connected to the rest of the land. When night had fallen he had fallen asleep to the crashing of the waves.

As morning broke the burnt orange kid's mouth opened wide in a yawn, jade eyes blinking against the bright sun. The ocean took his breath away. He had never really seen it, at least not like this before. His mother and him had been near it when they visited the big dark castle, but at the time he hadn't paid it any attention. It was so pretty though. The blue of the water reminded him of his momma Anu's eyes. Haven's gaze searched around to see if there was anything in particular worth exploring. It didn't take long. Jaw dropped as he took in the sight of some huge thing in the distance. "Wow!" He didn't know what it was, but whatever it was it was huge!

The boy closed the distance between him and the structure quickly. Once he was there he closed his eyes and concentrated on shifting. Jeez, it hurt! Would it always feel that bad? Or would he get used to it? Once it was over he unsteadily got to his feet. One hand ran over the cold, hard surface. He had never heard of such a thing before.
[/html]
[html]

The shifted female had come to the ship earlier that day, just as the sun was rising up over the horizonline. Siobhan had taken to getting up earlier and earlier in the morning so that she wouldn't have to deal with Zana, the young female who had taken up residence with her, Ezekiel, and Gabriel. She didn't really care for the little girl; to Siobhan, she seemed very whiny. She'd never had to live with another girl before except for her mother...and she hadn't liked that much. Maybe it was just that she didn't get along well with females.

She'd started along the coastline, exploring the beaches that ran along the northwestern portion of the territory. Over the month or so since she had seen Haven she'd changed a little, getting an inch taller and growing into her frame a bit more. She would always be small, and was nearly finished growing. Her dark red eyes searched over the ocean, looking for marine creatures as she went. She saw some every once in a while, animals that lived beneath the surface of the water. She'd seen some sleek black and white ones, furry little ones, and long gray ones before.

A familiar smell took her interest and her head came up. It brought her out of her thoughts. What would Haven be doing over in this area? She started looking for her friend, her heart beginning to beat a little faster. She hadn't seen him in a while--and to have chanced upon his scent, so nearby...it was exciting!

[/html]
[html]

Whatever this thing was, it was metal, that was for sure. He hadn't come across too many metal things. Just the armor in the castle and some tools at the mansion. The boy's head had been filled with stories of the medieval era, not the one that existed right before the human's extinction. If he had seen a little wooden boat, or even a big wooden pirate ship he would have known what it was. But this, this was something completely different. For one it was gigantic. Standing here he couldn't even see half of it. His free hand ran through his mane and scratched at the back of his head. It wasn't often that he was stumped as to what something was.

The pumpkin colored luperci continued to stand there and stare at the metal invention when he heard footsteps coming his way. Idly he turned his gaze to look at whoever was out here as well. Maybe they would know what the heck this thing was. His heart skipped a beat as he saw that it was Siobhan coming towards him. A wide, toothy smile grew on his muzzle and he waved his hand excitedly at her. "Siobhan! How are you!" he called out. It felt like so long since he had last been to Inferni and seen her. He had gone there more recently, but he had run into Valkyrie and her mother instead of his ivory friend. It was so good to see her and he felt that fuzzy, warm feeling in his stomach. He wondered what that meant. If it had anything to do with what he had heard from Heath that one day. Bah, he didn't want to think about that now. Haven just wanted to spend time with her.
[/html]
[html]

She had been out here a couple of times, but had come from a different direction those times. She hadn't known that you could get to this area just by following the coastline from Inferni! It had been a long trip. Siobhan could recognize that the scent was getting stronger and stronger, but she didn't recognize the figure of the wolf up ahead. It was standing on two feet, not on four, and she had to take a second look.

"Haven?" She asked, putting one hand above her eyes to shield the sun. The big metal ship loomed up behind him, and pieces of it blocked out the sun for a few moments. She took her hand down to wave back at him. "You're here! I smelled you and I thought I would come to see...if it was true. I did not know when I would see you again!"

[/html]
[html]

Unsteadily he left the side of the ship to walk towards her. This whole walking on two legs thing was hard to get used to. He stumbled more than a couple times making his way over to her. Just as she had never seen him shifted before, he hadn't seen her either. As they got closer he could see how much taller than her he was. The last time they had played they had still been about the same size. It seemed while he had kept growing she really hadn't much. But as he reached her he leaned down and wrapped his arms around her in a hug.

"Yup, I'm here!" Haven said, standing back up and brushing the white hair out of his face. He felt bad for it having been so long since they had seen each other. "I know, it's been a while. I came to Inferni not too long ago, but I didn't find you. I met a little girl named Valkyrie and her mother Ryan though." While at the time he had really hoped to see Siobhan it had been nice to meet the other two and play a game with them. "Have you been out here before? It's really neat!" Even if she had they could explore the area together, or at least he hoped so.
[/html]
[html]
Maybe Siobhan should start wearing dresses oO She could find a costume closet somewhere xD I think she would be cute in a dress >>

It was so good to see him. Siobhan had been having a hard time lately, between learning how to hunt and trying to stay away from the ever-annoying Zana...this made things a little better. Tonight she would go home happy, which excited her even further. There wasn't a time that she had hung out with Haven that she hadn't had a good time, and even if Zana was being super annoying she felt like she might be able to ignore it a little tonight. She hadn't seen Haven in a while, which was all the more reason to renew everything and catch up on the news.

Siobhan grinned widely when he hugged her, standing up on her tip toes so that she could hug him back. He smelled a little different than the last time that they had seen each other, but his scent still had that underlying smell that was undeniably Haven. She liked it. "You are able to do this now?"She pointed to his body when he released her. "I did too...when I was a little younger. I am not sure how old I am, though. And yes. Many times! I always seen this ship here, but never went inside of it"

[/html]
[html]
she would be adorable in a dress! I need to find Haven some shorts and an army jacket ;D

The boy was so happy to have happened across her out here. He had been missing her, more than he had even thought he had been. Being around her was enough to make all his worries about his two mothers and their relationship fade away. Even if it was just for the time being. Tail swayed contentedly back and forth against his thighs as he stood and looked at her. This change in their size difference made the time between seeing one another seem even longer, at least to him it did. Not matter though. Today they could catch up on their lost time.

"Oh, shift? Yeah. Actually it just happened for the first time the other night. So I'm still getting used to it," he said with a laugh at the end. He must have looked pretty silly stumbling all over himself as he had walked up to her. It was like learning to walk and being an awkward puppy all over again. Haven wasn't discouraged though, at least not yet. "Really? I didn't know you didn't know how old you were. You must be a bit older than me then I think, and I just turned six months." Half-way through his first year of life. It was going slowly and flying by all at the same time. Jade eyes fixed on her, astonished. "That's a ship? Wow, I never knew they could be so big! Or made of metal!" Was there anything the humans hadn't been able to do?

An adventurous glint entered his eyes as he extended one of his hands for Siobhan to take it if she wanted. "Well, no time like the present, right?" He couldn't wait to explore the inside of the giant boat with her.
[/html]
[html]

She didn't have too much to worry about nowadays. Siobhan wandered here and there, going in and out of Inferni as she pleased. She visited Bane and saw Ezekiel a couple of times a day. He was gone about as much as she was, but they tended to run into each other. He was the main member of her family, him and Gabriel, and she liked seeing a lot of him. He was both a brother and father figure to her, a replacement for the mother that she had fled when she was young.

"I like your hair lots. Siobhan's will grow longer I hope--I like the feel of longer hairs."Her speech patterns were still about the same even though she was getting older, but she didn't use her own name as many times as she used to. "Maybe seven months or eight months, then. What is a month, though, I wonder." She frowned. There were still many things that the girl didn't understand, or that hadn't yet been explained to her. "Yes! That is one thing that Siobhan does know about, the ship. She asked Zeke about it, and that is what he told her! I..I does want to explore it. If you can walk okay?" Siobhan had noticed the strange way that he'd been walking. "We walk slow, maybe." She suggested, reaching for the offered hand.

[/html]
[html]

He could feel his face flush as she complimented his hair. "Yeah? Thanks!" he said, running one hand through his mane. "I'm sure your's will grow out. Did you cut it? Is that why it's short right now?" His had been like that the first time he had shifted. Was everyone's that length when they first shifted? Or were they all different lengths? He supposed that either was possible, but it would be interesting if they were all different. It would add more color to the world. "A month? Well...I think it has something to do with the moon. I know it's a bunch of days." Truth be told he had never really wondered much about what exactly a month was, it was just something he had accepted.

Haven smiled at her sheepishly. "Yeah, walking slow would be good. Still getting used to this two legs thing." As she took his hand he felt warmth flood through him. He couldn't help but think of the conversation he had had with Heath not too long ago. She made his heart beat a little faster and louder. The way she made him feel was definitely different from anyone else. Slowly but steadily the pair made their way to the entrance of the boat. It had a door, that was weird. Why would a boat have a door? Wouldn't it let the water in? Maybe that was why it was on the beach and not in the water. Opening the door he held it for Siobhan. "After you!"
[/html]
[html]

She would be really happy when she would be able to braid her hair. Right now it was just below that length...but pretty soon she would be able to start doing it. Maybe two braids, even, one on each side. Would that look silly? She didn't know. "Mmmm...yes. Siobhan...I cutted it after I lefted my mom because I shifted trying to get away from her and she grabbed it one time. It hurted. But Siobhan does not think that there is anyone here who would grab it"

She held onto his hand tightly as he walked, trying to help him keep his balance. When he held the door open she walked through it, tugging on his hand to pull him in after her. For some reason, she was smiling--Haven seemed very proper to her, with the way he walked and the nice way that he held open the door for her. He couldn't walk all that well yet, but she could tell that when he did get it down that it would be perfect.

The inside of the ship was dark, and almost immediately the smell of mold and must hit her nose. How long had it been since the humans had inhabited this ship, exactly? How long had it been anchored here? Siobhan wasn't sure who to ask such questions...Ezekiel had told her that the wolves and coyotes weren't orignally from here, but were from a land over the mountians that burnt down. So nobody would know, she supposed. "It smells bad. Wonder what's making that smell.."

[/html]
[html]
300+

Her unhappy past still boggled his mind. Not only was it so starkly different to his upbringing, but the thought that her own mother would be so cruel to her. It made him angry. She deserved better than that. Luckily she seemed happy in Inferni. They must be taking good care of her there, so he didn't have to worry about anyone being mean to her there. "I'm sorry your mom did that Si. But I don't think there's anyone here who would grab it either. But if there is you just let me know and I'll go beat 'em up for ya," he said with a wink. He wasn't going to let anyone be mean to her. She had had a tough enough time before coming here so she deserved nothing but good from now on.

When she tugged him in after her he couldn't help but grin stupidly. Holding her hand had intensified the warm feeling inside of him. As she had pulled him it had turned into a kind of shock that ran from his arm all the way to his toes. Haven liked that she hadn't laughed or made any comments about his poor walking. All she had done was silently try to help him along the way. It was almost as if, now that he was aware of them, his feelings for her were growing stronger and stronger every moment he was beside her.

His nose crinkled when the musty smell hit it. Jeez, that sure reeked! Jade eyes blinked as they adjusted to the darkness inside of the great vessel. "It sure does. I don't know, but whatever it is can't be pleasant." The Aatte boy doubted it was anything dangerous though. He knew what a bear smelled like, and it was kinda similar, but it definitely wasn't one of the bigger carnivores.

Finally he was able to more or less see. There was some small windows up at the top that let some light filter inside. Something sparkly caught his eye and he tugged Siobhan in its direction. Upon closer inspection he saw that they were jewels, all chained together or something. They reminded him of the jewels in the crown he and his mom had found in the castle, but these were just jewels. With his free hand he delicately picked up one made out of bright red gems. Smiling he showed it to Siobhan. "This would look pretty on you, it matches your eyes."
[/html]
[html]
ooc talk

She knew that Ezekiel would definitely beat up anyone who tried to grab onto her hair. It was nice to know that Haven would, too--she did worry about that a lot. Someone going after her. Adelaida had said that wolves and coyotes weren't meant to get along, and she felt sure that she was going to run into one someday who didn't like her just for that reason. She was a pretty small, even for a coyote...and if someone wanted to, it would be easy for them to defeat her. Her hair was just one weapon that they could have used. She liked feeling safe and protected. Haven made her feel that way each time that she was with him.

"Siobhan has smelled things like this in the city. The humans must have made it smell really bad like this...Siobhan has wondered about that. About the humans." They had left so many things behind for the wolves to use, explore, and play with. She let Haven lead her to one side of the dark room, her mouth forming a small "o" shape at the sight set out before her. "It is...red. That is the right color, yes? I is learning the colors, and shapes and things like that. From human books. It is for me?" She was beginning to learn how to talk better, as wel...but she still lapsed back into her normal way of speaking when she wasn't concentrating on the way that she was talking.

"What about you? Is there something for you here? Or...oh. Boys don't wear these, maybe." She didn't know what sorts of things were different between boys and girls. What boys did and what girls did. As far as she knew, she did around the same things that Ezekiel and Haven did. So what was so different?

[/html]
[html]

Haven still had yet to really visit the city. The only time he had gotten close was when momma Nani, Mati, and him were going to go but had run into their father instead. While he still desperately wanted to go see the city, he also didn't want to see that man who gave him such an uneasy feeling. Everyone said he was sick and they should stay away from him. He had no reason not to believe them, especially considering his own gut feelings. "So it smells like this in the city too? Yuck! Yeah I wonder about them to. They left so many interesting things. There's a musical instrument in the mansion back home that I want to learn to play now that I can shift." It had been the biggest thing he had been looking forward to.

The boy could feel his face warm up as she asked about the necklace. "Yeah, it's red. And yeah it's for you, if you like it!" She seemed like she liked it. He hoped she did. Heath had said that it was good to give a girl you liked gifts that were pretty. He had given her that teddy bear, but that wasn't really "pretty". This was though. "You know, I don't know if boys are supposed to wear these. I think it might be too shiny for me or something. But it will look really nice on you." All those big jewels would probably look pretty silly on a guy. "Do you want me to put it on you?" He saw there was a little clasp thing on the back of it and it would be hard for her to put on by herself. Plus he liked being able to do things for her.
[/html]
[html]
Lol. She and Haven should pick up someone else and make a band or something oO

Siobhan felt like she knew Haven pretty well. She knew things about his family and about his past. They were still pretty young, both of them, and neither of them had really lived long enough to have an extended history...so she thought that she knew most of the things about him that were important and that had happened so far. He shared with her sometimes about things that had gone on in his day and with his family, and she liked that. She sometimes wondered what it would be like if she lived in a wolf pack, whether she would be accepted in a place like that. She didn't think that Haven would be accepted into Inferni, with all of the coyotes.

"I has never heard music before...but Siobhan was told about it. You have something that can play it?" A musical instrument, he had called it. What a peculiar thought! That Haven might be able to make music. If he could do it, maybe she would be able to find something too and make music with him!

Siobhan nodded at his inquiry about the necklace, stepping a little closer so that he might be able to get it clasped. She wasn't sure if she ought to face him or turn the other way--she had never had a necklace put on her before. Her curly hair wasn't quite long enough to get caught up in the chain, but someday it would be. She would have to find something to tie it back eventually. "Does it look okay? Siobhan has seen wolves with things like this, but not any coyotes yet"

[/html]
[html]
Hahaha, that'd be hilarious XD She should get a tambourine! :3
300+

Haven counted himself lucky that he knew what music was and had heard it before. He had a feeling it wasn't exactly a common thing in their world. Music like that had been a creation of the humans and the only instrument he knew of was the piano. He didn't know if there were any others or if there were what they looked like or were called. If they made different sounds. "I really like music. I haven't heard much, but what I have I really like. I don't personally...but back in the mansion there is. You remember the mansion right? Well in one of the big rooms there's this thing called a piano and you can make music from it. You need fingers though," he said, wiggling his own out in front of them.

Smiling broadly he carefully put the necklace around her neck and brought the two ends together in his hands at the back. It took him a few moments to get it clasped together properly, but he finally got it. "There you go!" The taller youth walked in front of her to take in the sight of her with the necklace on. His tail waved at his heels. "It looks more than okay. You look...beautiful." Haven could feel his cheeks get hot underneath his fur. She really did look beautiful. And that was only in the darkness of this ship. She would be stunning out in the sun.

The boy took her hand again and he looked around. The mustiness of this place was starting to get to him, he wanted some fresh air. A little ways ahead of them he spied some stairs that were leading up to what looked like a door that light was coming through. "Hey, let's go up there! Maybe we can get to the top of the ship!" he said pointing. His walking was getting better with every step he took and he confidently started to move them in the direction of the stairs.
[/html]
[html]

She felt giddy, which was odd. Normally Siobhan didn't feel much of anything--happiness came sometimes, or sadness, but other than that she didn't really notice how she was feeling unless she was in some kind of pain. Something about Haven made her really happy, though, and she was unable to keep the smile off of her face! He was really interesting to her. She felt like she did know a lot about him but that there was always more. She wanted to know about his thoughts and his feelings.

She nodded at the mention of the piano, visualizing the inside of the mansion. It had been a while since she had been there, and she would have to come back and see it again really soon so she didn't forget. That made her think of something to ask him. "If I come to see you, do I wait or come inside and find you?" She questioned. Maybe someday she would need to see him. Should she come inside the packlands and risk getting caught and reprimanded, or wait outside for someone to find her? She didn't know what rules their pack had about it.

She cleared her throat when he commented on her with the necklace on. Beautiful? No one had ever called her beautiful before. She didn't know what to say. It was a compliment, though. "Thank you, Haven. I will wear it all the time!" Especially if he liked it.

She followed him up the stairs, up higher onto the topmost area of the ship. She could see brightness up ahead and went towards it, emerging slowly out into the sunlight. "It's nice outside--not smelly like in there. Very pretty waters...I didn't notice them as much from down there."

[/html]
[html]
Smoochies! 300+

He had to think about his answer for a second. He supposed it would be more within protocol if she waited on the borders, but at the same time this was Siobhan! She was his best friend and he knew that if he told the pack about her and she told them who she was they wouldn't mind her coming inside to find him. "You can come in and find me. I'll be sure to tell everyone about you so they'll expect it, but if anyone asks you what you're doing there just tell them you're there to see me. I promise you won't have any trouble, and I'd really like it if you did come to visit," he said, the smile still plastered onto his face. Everyone in his pack was nice, they wouldn't be upset, he was sure.

His ears dipped back for a moment as she said she would wear the necklace all the time. He believed that she would. Silently he wondered if she still had the teddy bear he had given her a while ago. Surely she did. Just because she wasn't carrying it around didn't mean she didn't still have it. He liked giving her gifts and making her feel special. She deserved it. "No need to thank me, I like doing nice things for you." His cheeks got hotter still and he was glad when they began to walk again, hoping she wouldn't see.

As the two of them walked out into the bright sunlight the boy breathed deeply. The fresh air smelled and tasted so wonderful, especially after how dank it had been inside the ship. "Yeah, it is much nicer out here. Oh wow, you're right. I hadn't noticed them either." He walked with her over to the railing of the ship, taking in the sparkling waters beneath them. They really were gorgeous, like thousands and thousands of jewels sparkling as far as they could see. Still, his eyes looked back to her. He had been right, out here in the sun she was breathtaking. More beautiful than any ocean.

Haven wasn't sure what came over him in that moment, but he couldn't hold himself back. He leaned over closer to her, their fingers still locked, and tried to press his lips to her's.
[/html]
[html]

It felt so nice up here, in the fresh air. She hadn't realized how horrible the boat really smelled until she came out into the air. She was really glad to hear that she wouldn't have to wait at the border of Crimson Dreams and that she could come in, too, which brightened her mood even further. She didn't like to wait very much sometimes, but she would have waited for Haven if he had told her to.

The kiss was unexpected, and in the seconds while their mouths were pressed together her mind was racing. What should she do? Where should her hands be? How should she react to him? Siobhan wasn't sure about anything. She didn't know what to do. She liked what he was doing to her, kissing her, but she didn't know what way was the right way to respond. She'd never done this before.

A sudden feeling of unsureness and fear overtook her and she pulled back and away. Why had he done this to her? It made her so confused! She felt tingly and shaky, her limbs like rubber. But there was one thing that she knew, and that was that she had to get out of there. She quickly ducked back down through the tunnel from which they'd climbed up, ran down a few floors and then ran out of the ship completely, dissapearing into the woods.

[/html]