I see you; you see me. Differently.
[html]
ooc

It was early this morning. She'd thought that she might get a good start on the day's work--a few of the herbs were already appearing as the snow melted from portions of Souls, and she needed to go out and gather them before they died. Certain ones would only appear for a small amount of time, and then they'd be gone...and she didn't want to miss that window of opportunity.

She put her bag on her shoulder, starting out from the den. The glass jars clinked together as she lifted it up, and she was very careful about the way that she moved the bag as she walked. She didn't want to break any of them; she couldn't get any glass into herbs that she was planning on giving to patients.

[/html]
[html]
I really like your new table Big Grin and are we playing that Nani already knows she's pregnant?

Savina opened her mouth in a wide yawn as she laid out on the porch of the manor. Throughout the winter she had almost never chosen the outdoors to the comfort and warmth inside, but it was warming and the fresh air would do her good. She was sprawled out on her side, wanting to keep the pressure off of her stomach. While she was probably still not even a moon into her pregnancy, the baby bump was already quite large. The fact that she was a naturally slender wolf didn't help in that either. No doubt when she was in her last weeks she would be quite the disproportionate sight.

The light clinking of glass made her head and ears perk up. Coal nose sniffed the air to see who was moving about. A wide smile came to her lips as she recognized it as the scent of Naniko. Carefully rolling back onto her feet she walked down to the ground and started in the direction of her dear friend. She really hadn't gotten to sit down and talk to Nani about all this. There were questions she wanted to ask. Her friend's experience would do much to ease her worries. As she caught the sight of the bright snowy wolfess her tail wagged. "Nani! Wait for me!" Savina couldn't move as fast as usual, so catching up could be a troublesome task.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: Yes please =3

She had been to see Davinci in Phoenix Valley earlier in the month, and had brought the pack a bag full of herbs. She had assumed that the members of that pack knew how to read, and had labelled the jars and packets with tape that had the names of the herbs and uses of them written on them in English. Now that she and Anu weren't together any more Naniko was beginning to get back into the mode that she had been in before their relationship and before the pups had been born. A very happy, giving mode.

The Commander took a few more steps before she heard Savina's voice behind her, and she stopped and turned around. "Savina! Well jeez, you slowpoke. Letting those pups slow you down already?" She grinned, reaching down to pat her friend on the shoulder. She knew how hard it was to move around with all of that extra weight. "How have you been? I've been out to see Phoenix Valley--I knew Davinci was out there somewhere...but I wasn't sure exactly where he'd settled down."

[/html]
[html]

As Savina caught up with Nani she couldn't help but chuckle at her friend's joke. "Yeah, I guess so. I think they're the only ones that actually can slow me down." It wasn't until she had stopped doing some of the things she normally did that she had realized how busy she actually was. She had been going full-force for so long that it hadn't even occurred to her. But now that she had a valid excuse to take it easy it was nice. Being able to relax more, spend more time with Kansas. The femme wasn't complaining at all.

"I've been doing pretty well, aside from getting tired so often, but I know that just comes with the territory," she said with a smile. "And you?" Sable ears flicked at the mention of DaVinci. Her meeting with her brother-in-law had been...unpleasant. That was putting it nicely. "Yeah? Have a nice visit?" She didn't really want to say anything about the steel male.

"Nani, I was wondering if you had any tips or advice? About pregnancy. I think I've been doing everything I need to, but since you've been there I wanted to ask you." Savina didn't have her mother to turn to anymore, so she needed to get her help from her friends.

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

Naniko knew how her brother could be sometimes, with his attitudes and remarks, but she was used to that. She had been the one to raise him, partially, with Conri's help...and had been through all of that before. He was an adult now, so he did act differently, a little more mature, but she could still see that wild, free side beneath everything. He had his sarcasm and jokes.

She saw Savina nearly every day, and sometimes more than once a day, but she never got bored with hanging out with her. It was always fun, what they did, even if they were just talking to each other. Naniko needed to work on her Itallian, and sometimes she spoke it to Savina to keep it fresh in her mind. "I found out some news that I hadn't been expecting--that Iskata had died. It's been a few days, now, since I found out...but that day was a very dark one. I stayed there in Phoenix Valley to be close to him for that night. I'm not sure who else knows about it. If Kansas does, or Ember. But...well, I knew that she wasn't doing too good. But I still can't really believe it. It hasn't hit me yet."

Iska had given her some advice during her pregnancy, but it was hard to remember exactly what she had said. Naniko knew some things from experience, and she would share those with Savina. "Stay off of the stairs, if you can help it...and don't hunt for yourself in the last few weeks. You could get kicked in the stomach or if you fell down the stairs you could get injured in a way that would hurt the puppies. And...hmm. I'm not sure. Eat a lot, and drink a lot. Even if it makes you have to go to the bathroom every five minutes."

[/html]
[html]
300+

She was glad that things between her and Naniko had gotten back to normal. For a while she had been afraid it might never return to the way it had been. Especially after they had cleared the air about her reasons for being strange about Savina being in a relationship with Kansas. The way she had acted that day and some of the things she had said had given the Italian woman a very uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. She seriously wondered how she truly felt for her adopted younger brother and feared that perhaps she might try to come between them at some point. But now those fears had mostly gone away and once again she felt close to the ivory Commander again.

The news from Phoenix Valley hit her right in the chest. What? That couldn't be possible, could it? She knew that Iskata had been in that accident which had caused the woman to lose her eyesight, but when she had last seen her she had seemed pretty healthy. The woman would never see her new grandchildren. The fey's head shook from side to side slowly in disbelief. She didn't know about Ember, but she was certain Kansas didn't know. He would have told her. She would have seen the grieving in him. "Nani...I...had no idea. I saw her not long ago and she had been injured but was in good health. Kansas doesn't know. Even if he hadn't told me I would have noticed his sorrow. I'm so sorry...if you want to talk, you know I'm always here for you. I know what it's like to lose a mother..."

It was a bizarre juxtaposition to go from talking about the death of Iskata and go on to tips about how to make sure her pups entered the world alive and healthy. It almost felt wrong, but move on to such a cheery subject so quickly, but she wouldn't have wanted to avoid getting her friend's advice. Much of it she had guessed for herself, but having it confirmed was comforting. "Yes, I've been getting my old room downstairs ready for the pups. Not only did I not want to risk falling on the stairs but I don't want them falling down them once they're big enough to walk around. Thanks for the advice Nani," she said with a smile. "And of course I want you to be there for the birth, if you're able to make it."

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

She knew what was important to her...and dwelling on something was definitely not a healthy thing to be doing. She had to accept what had happened and keep going, so that she might continue to keep the pack running and care for her children. She was sad...but she knew that she couldn't let it take her over. Naniko hadn't been doing too well a few days before, but now she felt better about it and was alright with talking about it. "Thank you. I appreciate it--she was the only mother that I ever knew. Do you want to tell Kansas? Or do you think that I should?" Maybe Ember would. If she knew about it.

Naniko was glad that Savina was taking it easy--that part was really important. Anything could put stress on the pups, even things that the dark lady might not have considered. Diet was important, how much meat the mother ate, and what kinds. "I'm going to be there...definitely. You should have a healer there anyway, so I'll have a double use. I had Iskata and Deuce both there when I had mine, two seasoned females who I trusted a lot. I would be proud to come."

[/html]
[html]

It was never easy losing a parent, adopted or not. It had taken Savina a good long while to get over losing her mother. She had, but it could still be difficult to talk about. At least talking about how she died. That would never be easy she knew. Whenever she had to recount those events she felt every agonizing moment over again. But she could talk about her mother in general now without getting too sad. She would be there for both Naniko and Kansas through this difficult time. "Of course. I want to be there for you." At the question she shook her head. "No, I will tell him. I couldn't keep such news from him, not even for a little while." It might have been easier to shove the duty off on someone else, but she couldn't.

Her smile widened. It would be a very special day, but it would be tough on her she knew. At least physically. She wanted Naniko there as a friend, but having her there as a healer as well would be great comfort. She would be able to help in case anything went wrong. "Thank you Nani. I really appreciate it. Having you there will put many of my worries to ease." Savina had no doubt that the first birthing was the hardest. You didn't know what to expect and no amount of talk would truly prepare you for it. She would make it through though. It would all be more than worth it.

[/html]