hallowed desires
[html]

The female sat down on Phoenix Valley territory, inside her den. Her den was hallowed out - she had done it by herself one afternoon - and ready for living. Allegro had placed a few things she had collected wandering the land near the back, stored carefully upon a ledge in the wall. Fresh, new blankets Allegro had acquired were on the right side, waiting to be used while she slept. Overall, the young woman was pleased with her progress but still wanted to make it more like home. It was a very natural and simple way to live, especially when she could of bought a cabin or actual home. But Allegro preferred the simple life, away from everyone else, all alone by her mere self. It made her very independant. That was why she had left her parents and so far, it was suceeding.

Allegro flicked her ears, swearing she had heard a twig breaking. Assuming it was just her imagination, the young girl shook her head. It was night time, around nine at night, and a chilly breeze batted against the den door. It made her afraid to be out in the middle of no where by herself, practically waiting for something to jump out at her. Allegro knew she was strong, however, and could fend off almost anything. Or, at least, run away from anything.

She looked around, her eyes straying from one end of the den to the other. Allegro sighed. Her silly, childish imagination was getting in the way again. Padding outside, the Tenes inhaled the night air, instantly feeling more refreshed. Mother Nature's grasp on the world was loose that night. Allegro could feel vibrations, see vivid colors and taste a light, faint mist. "What a beautiful night," The woman murmured to herself, looking around slowly. Her words were true; it was completely and utterly beautiful.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
The usual patrolling had him on his feet as always, limping this way and that as if the art of three-legged movement was some sort of thing he'd mastered. Truth be told, there was no particular reason he hadn't shifted: two legs would have enabled speed and enough agility to finish his walk quickly and take something back to Addison... both of which he was incapable of running around on three legs. Jefferson considered his stride to be some sort of nature walk, some sort of means for relaxation... his nerves will still getting the best of him, and the one-eyed brute had yet to find a single, easy method to calm himself at any given circumstance.

Somewhere along the way, Jefferson not only stepped on a twig and snapped it, but also managed to earn the sharp end of the branch in the base of the pad of his foreleg--at which point the idiot doubled back and swore ten times over. He was sure to crush the offending branch before continuing on, though his stride did not limp much further--a silhouette fell into his view, and the one-eyed brute sighed when it was recognized, affirmed only by the whimsical words that crept out of her mouth.

After last time, he hardly had any intention to stay. "Too damn cold," he muttered beneath his breath, choosing to spare her a greeting... For all he knew, the girl would follow him around again, and that was the last thing he wanted.

[/html]
[html]
The woman noticed the male next to her - Jefferson, if she had remembered correctly. The brute and Allegro had gotten into a small argument about scars, which had eventually turned into a fight. She wanted to start fresh with the brute, if that was ever possible. The cool night breeze batted against her coat, making the small strands of fur sway in the wind. Allegro's ear flicked, her tail thumping against the earth beneath her. Looking into Jefferson's eyes, Allegro felt small and unimportant compared to the Patriarch.

"Hello, Jefferson. Remember me?" The young woman replied, smilling. She chuckled lightly, thinking that the argument the two had gotten in was far from being forrgotten. She creeped out further away from the entrance to her den, standing closer to Jefferson. It felt odd to being have a 'conversation' with the male and not clawing each other's eyes out. It felt odd, somehow, since Allegro had assumed they never would speak again. But the both of them had only said seven words to each other. The woman certainly did not consider that a conversation.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Jefferson supposed it was necessary, one way or another, that he have some sort of relationship with each of his pack members, however tense or unwilling it might be. He and Allegro had met rather inconveniently while the one-eyed brute was still a subleader and still excused from a majority of the duties he had to attend to now. Often, he was much too busy for common conversation--running this way and that with things to do, patrolling borders, or watching over Addison like the awful parent he was--but he had no excuse to run away from her now. Jefferson had simply been passing by; there was no reason to rush off.

Allegro seemed more at peace than their last meeting, but that might have been because his subleader self had scared her to the point of frustration and rebellion, in some way. Clearly he hadn't enjoyed it, and frankly, he was surprised she would acknowledge him at all (since he hadn't planned to do the same, other than a few gentle words to alert her of his passing presence). He stopped, considered this a moment, and turned to look at her, stale-faced as always. He supposed she was probably just being polite, considering he was now their pack leader... even though he'd never really wanted to be. "Oh, yes. How could I forget you?" His words were flooded with bubbling sarcasm, but yet not intended in a foul manner. His face did not break into a smile, but he nodded his head in a gentle greeting and excused himself from the dark and grim demeanor she'd been treated to previously. "You seem comfortable. Where's Pendzez, hmm?" The cyclops's brows raised; somehow leaders always seemed to find out things even as subtle or hidden as they were, but Jefferson's knowledge stemmed only from the looks the two lovebirds had sent each other during the meeting some time back. Reading behavior and body language was his forte; learning how to behave himself wasn't.

[/html]
[html]
Allegro laughed wholeheartedly, her body vibrating lightly. She wanted to be friends with Jefferson, her pack leader, as he future could be determined by him. Besides, he seemed like a good person underneath his gruff exterior. Sort of. Allegro assumed that he was good, from far evil of course, but also far from happy go lucky and sweet. But if Jefferson was sweet and social and bubbly, then she wouldn't have the desire to get to know him better. He would be boring, unlike his mysterious self now. It had Allegro craving for more of the wolf's shady personality.

Ever since their first meeting, the two hadn't seen each other. They, or at least Allegro, had been tense and shaken from the argument and fight. She had wanted to stay as far from Jefferson as possible but only for a few days. Then she became interested in him, wondering about his history and his real personality. It had become so interesting that Allegro began searching for him. Obviously, her mission had suceeded at the most random time. Tilting her head, the woman wondered what was underneath that one green eye.

When Jefferson brought up her new mate, Allegro smiled. It was a smile of happiness, yet nervousness was in there too. She had not wanted her mateship and love to be public, but she assumed that it was out of her reach. Pendzez and Allegro were too much in love, she guessed, that it could not be kept private. It sounded strange, though. Too much of a fairy tale and so unlike real life. But it was true. It was a fairy tale, but it was Allegro's life. It was a good life to say the least. "I don't know," she admitted, breaking the silence. "Off on his own, I pressume. Thought I'd hang around my den for a while." Pride lingered in her tone and a smug grin appeared on Allegro's face.

[/html]
[html]

Jefferson unsurprisingly found himself recalling their prior meeting, the brief encounter that had both introduced and enraged him at the same time. It had quite shaken her up; her attitude seemed somewhat different from before, but the Patriarch didn't judge any direct hesitations from her. She'd been still a stray, puzzled stranger the first time they'd met--whether or not the girl knew anything about packlife had perplexed him the first time around, considering her bluntness and unhindered purpose to annoy and provoke him at the time. He hadn't been Patriarch then--no, he'd been a subleader, and he'd introduced himself as such up front--but their conversation didn't exactly turn out well. What happened between them, he did not consider a fight in the least, hardly even a scuffle. The cyclops could have killed her and still believed it to be nothing, after the countless physical conflicts he'd endured his way through over the years. That small tackle and threat were nothing compared to the living hell he'd been through. No amount of papercuts she could have even tried to give him would have amounted to the gashes of flesh he'd lost to strangers and fiends.

His wandering mind returned to her when she spoke up again, commenting on the absent white male. He noticed how her face brightened, how her mood seemed to shift just slightly at the mentioning of the boy's name. Of course, Jefferson couldn't exactly sympathize with it (it was one of few emotions that he couldn't, in fact), but he nodded and pretended he knew what the hell she was feeling. Truth be told, the one-eyed idiot wasn't exactly expecting to see the two together at all times either way, but he'd expected Pendzez to be somewhat more... clingy, for whatever reason. The thought was dismissed quickly. "Sounds... good," he shrugged. In actuality, he really didn't care, but he wasn't about to appease her either to make up for their last meeting. No, he didn't regret what had happened in the least. "I imagine you're settling in fine, then."

[/html]
[html]
Allegro nodded, obviously distracted. She was thinking about Pendzez, her new den and technically what the future held for her in Phoenix Valley. The future seemed blurry and cloudy, almost like something she could physically not grasp the jist of it. She was now a Tenes, a wolf who had shown potential for scouting. She liked her rank, especially her sub rank as Follis, the jester. Allegro thought that tomorrow, the day after and on until she passed, would be fufulled and well lived if she remained in Phoenix Valley. Thinking of Pendzez and her new den gave Allegro even more confidence and pleasure.

The young woman noticed Jefferson nod as she was thinking of her love for Pendzez. Had he experienced such a thrill before? It do not look like it, but she had learned to expect the unexpected from the Patriarch. "You have experienced love, Jefferson?" Allegro murmured, looking up at him. "Do you know how I feel for my mate, Pendzez? The thrill of thinking of the person? The intense feelings you get upon gazing on the loved one? The happiness that overcomes all other emotions, showering you in a blanket of love and warmth?" She said, gradually getting louder over time. Her thoughts had, indeed, covered her in a blanket were she was not focusing on anything but the way she felt for Pendzez.

[/html]
[html]

Allegro posed to him a rather curious question. Jefferson's reaction was unsurprising: green eye thinned, scowl lengthened, expression hardened. Why would she ask such things? Did she really expect him to be that stupid, to throw away all his sharpened wits for some girl? Did Allegro really expect him to be so whimsical and carefree, even if they hardly still knew each other? Why would he bother with love, anyway? Jefferson was a one-man army; his armor was invincible, his attitude insurmountable. He was the unbreakable leader of Phoenix Valley--there was no way he would let himself go to some girl. Intense feelings? Happiness? He knew no such emotions.

In the midst of his thoughts, his vision fell to the backburner. When prepared to respond, his sense of reality kicked back in--and for a moment, he could have sworn Allegro's eyes were a familiar shade of light green, at which his whole body jumped in alarm and his heart choked and sputter in sheer surprise. A moment of self-collection told him otherwise and he quickly shook his head in frustration. "No! I fucking hate that shit!" His reaction was a bit much, perhaps. Realization of this calmed the storm as quickly as possible. Collecting himself once more, Jefferson rolled his shoulders and looked away. "...Give me a break. Keep all your warmth and happiness shit to yourself."

[/html]
[html]
Allegro scowled, a deep frown appearing on her face. She was no doubt angry. The woman flicked her tail, put her nose in the air and stared Jefferson in the eyes. Her eyes shined with impaitence, ignorance and a hint of pain and panic. She had no idea what the hell she was thinking so hardly about. For a second Allegro considered laughing. Then fighting. Then, once again, laughing. Her, Allegro? Fighting Jefferson? That would be funny after she had broken each measely bone in her body.

The young girl decided to speak, the mildest of options. With a frown still encrusted in her facial expressions, Allegro opened her mouth and spoke. "Jefferson, you are a fool! My 'shit', yes, is certainly shit but one day you'll feel it. Or maybe you already have. Who the fuck would know? You're unbreakable, am I right?" Allegro pushed on, flashing a smug grin. She suddenly didn't feel any anger towards the Patriarch, just interest. He had to feel something for someone. Even his mother, if he was that desperate. Allegro pushed the thought toward the back of her head, but she wondered if Jefferson's words were true and she was utterly wrong.

[/html]
[html]

I hope you realize that Jefferson's anger in situations like this is meant to be humorous. He wasn't trying to piss off anyone. Now that she's reacted as such, though, it won't be the same.

She reacted pretty quickly, temper sent spiraling at just a few seconds' notice. He was not quite taken aback; Jefferson, already having settled from his perplexed little outburst, peered at her indifferently through a stolid, distant green gaze. She tipped her nose to him and went off on some sort of rant herself, though it seemed to him that a very quick wave of varying emotions had swept through her suddenly and settled on one to dispute. The Patriarch was reminded again as to why he wasn't particularly fond of her, and as his underling decided to scold and tempt him, most of her words went reactionless and left to the air.

"You sound like my mother," he said suddenly, a grim cackle rising to his lips. He chuckled sarcastically for a moments' time, then shook his head and limped past her. My own mother wouldn't be able to fix me now, he thought to himself, crooked smile still deep set on his face. He paused momentarily, turning partially to glare his smirking gaze on her again and cunningly hiss right back at her. "So how's his fuck, then? Were you as loud as you are now?"

[/html]
[html]
Yes, yes, I understand. Allegro's just a stubborn, sensitive prick who'll do anything to piss the shit out of anyone. :3

She suddenly felt both upset at herself for the outburst but also amused. Allegro had wanted entertainment that night and certainly had gotten it. Mr. Jefferson Soul just had to stop by. But, even if the young woman didn't really embrace him and his personality, he was amusing and probably a kind soul underneath his cloudy exterior. Hell, he didn't seem like that much of a bad guy. Soon enough, however, Allegro remembered that she was 'mad' at Jefferson. Trying her hardest to play the part, she scowled, a low growl escaping her lips.

"Your mother obviously didn't do much of a good job raising you," Allegro murmured. She said it not out of anger but as if it was a fact. The young woman wasn't trying to be rude or unpleasant in any manner, yet her attitude and bluntness made it seem the opposite. She smiled and chuckled at Jefferson's remark, quickly changing the subject. "Wouldn't you like to know? Getting tips and pointers, eh? Who're ya' gonna practice it on?" Allegro smirked and gave a smug grin.

[/html]
[html]

The second she mentioned his mother, the idiot burst out a single, overexaggerated harrumph of a laugh and he grinned wickedly at her as if she was a cornered comedian out of jokes. Her attitude was something he normally didn't appreciate--and wasn't still, in fact--but her replies were always lacking any real glimmer or shine, just as her personality was (or so he'd observed). Really, she had hardly given him anything to appreciate about her, other than the fact that she was persistent. He could easily sic her on some unsuspecting wanderer and they would never get away.

He didn't make a comment on the mentioning of his mother, though, as it was probably better he didn't anyway. "What, you didn't know?" Jefferson straightened, smirking his one eye at her. "I'm fucking every girl in this pack except you. I thought you would have figured that out already."

[/html]
[html]
LATEBECAUSESPORKSISALOSERANDSUCKSBALLS

Allegro smiled as she heard Jefferson laugh. Although she was intelligent, she wasn't very wise and full of common sense but even she could pick up the dripping sarcasm as the brute spoke. It was irritating that he never took her seriously, but that was the male's personality andshe realized it wasn't just irritating; but exciting, thrilling and mysterious. Allegro never knew what the hell he was going to pull out of his hat.

The young woman wrinkled her nose in disgust. "I'm glad," Allegro murmured. "Because, obviously, I have a mate. And I'm happy. Secondly, because I like my men agressive, unlike you, who just makes petty comebacks and claims to have been with every girl in Phoenix Valley," Allegro smiled and stuck her tongue out at him, being the immature young girl she is.

[/html]
[html]

Jefferson grinned at her, rather amused by their clever little exchange, whether or not he'd actually warmed up to her yet. "You don't think I could do it?" He smirked, shaking his head as if she didn't know him well enough, but thereafter turning his green eye up to the night sky. A pause spanned, allowing the Patriarch to breathe and calm himself somewhat as thoughts began to back up on him and turn mechanisms in his mind. "I'm not looking for love. That shouldn't surprise you." He exhaled a long breath and turned his eye to her once more. "I don't envy you in the least. I don't need things to tie me down." And that was that. What else was love, anyway? Happiness? Like a beast like himself needed happiness. Like he deserved it at all.

[/html]