thread title missing
[html]
Allegro scrambled up to her feet, shaking off the water from her fur. The young woman had gone on a stroll, hoping to find someone to talk to. In the midst of her dreaming, she had fallen in a river. Now she was soaking wet and terribly uncomfortable. Trotting over to a tree, she collapsed at the trunk and sighed. It was tiring to fall in a river and then pull your little self out, Allegro had noticed. Much more tiring than she had bargained for, at least. She was still wondering how she had fallen into the river. It was late winter but all water sources were frozen. The young woman just assumed she had been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The slight, crisp breeze batted against Allegro's coat, a blow of air freezing up the water. She felt as if the tips of fur were tiny splinters of ice, spreading down to her actual body. Giving herself a good shake, a shiver ran down the woman's spine. She wanted more then anything to be back at her den, cuddled under her favorite wool blanket, her head lying down on the chunk of leaves she had found the first few days she had joined Phoenix Valley. Thinking these warm thoughts, Allegro smiled to herself. "Goodness me," The woman murmured, looking up at the evening sky. She planned on staying under that tree for at least a few more minutes. Curled up, soaking wet, in the freezing snow was surely not what Allegro had bargained for when she went on her walk only hours ago.

[/html]

Asariel padded down the length of the river, her head low as she inhaled the scents of the earth. The water was mostly frozen over, except for a hole up a way. Frowning a bit, she quickened her pace from a stroll to a jaunt. She approached the area and slowed herself to a stop, her eyes scanning the area for any signs of life. She caught sight of wolf tracks, her eyes blinking rapidly as she followed them. She saw another woman beneath the protection of a large pine. From her scent she was also from Phoenix Valley as well; no surprise there. She padded over, her appearance submissive as she approached. "Hello," she said, her tone quiet as per usual.

She sat herself down close but far from the other girl, her expression a mixture of curiosity, interest, and confusion. By the looks of her, the other wolf appeared to be the one who had fallen into the river. "Excuse me, I don't mean to pry but, did you fall into the river just now? You look like you did," she murmured, flicking an ear back to listen to the sounds behind her. She knew she really didn't have a right to inquire such things, she didn't even know this other femme's name. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. My name is Asariel Knight; and yours?" Asariel had a strange name. It was a masculine name, but that was the name her mother had chosen.
[html]
Allegro broke her gaze from the sky. She heard a voice, obviously a female by the tone of it. It was a sweet voice, light and quiet. Looking into the pretty woman's eyes, she smiled. It was nice to see other wolves out and about, especially new pack members. It gave her hope that Phoenix Valley would never die. It was her home. She was never going to give up on it. Besides, Pendzez, her beloved mate, was here. She would never leave or stray too far. Shaking her head, Allegro shook the unsought thoughts out of her head. Clearing her throat, the young woman murmured a reply. "Hello there."

She stood up on four legs, tilting her head as if to get a better look of the girl. She was wondering why she was wet? Well, Allegro couldn't blame her; she was a silly sight to see. "Yes, as a matter of fact I did. The ice broke and I fell in," She muttered the last part, smiling sheepishly. What a fool Allegro thought she was! Falling in the ice? She thought of herself completely and utterly desperate. "I'm Allegro Aston. Nice to meet you, Asariel," Allegro replied, changing the sunject quickly. Her light, soprano voice echoed through the trees around them. A grin appeared on the woman's voice, then a curt nod.

[/html]
[html]

Asariel gave the other wolf a strange look; what was she doing standing on the ice in the first place? It seemed kind of foolish on her part, but who was Asariel to judge? She shrugged and let the thought roll away down a hill. She lay down, even though that might perhaps seem like she was planning to stay a while; what if Allegro didn't want company at the moment? It might seem rude if she didn't. Asariel was always a worry wart - she worried about everything, which was stupid in many others opinions. She brought herself back to the present and looked at Allegro; she seemed hopeful suddenly. Hopeful for what? She'd heard rumors spreading around that this wonderful pack that she'd just joined might disband; she hoped not.

Even though she hadn't been here long, she understood the threat. She didn't want her new home to disband, or whatever was going to happen. Though who was she to talk? She really had nothing to speak of here. She had no mate, no friends as of yet, though she was hoping Allegro would be one. Like she'd said before.

Friends were few and far between.

[/html]
[html]
Allegro smiled. She didn't know what else to do, the young woman had to admit. Asariel hadn't spoken a word, so she could not reply to anything. "You don't talk a lot, do you?" Allegro murmured, looking into the female's eyes. They were pretty, especially compared to her dark chocolate brown eyes. Technically, anyone was more pretty than Allegro, but this wolf was quite pretty. Her coat was pretty, too. Allegro realized she was overdoing the word 'pretty' in her thoughts, but made no further note of it.

Not knowing what else to do or say, the woman wondered if the two would ever be friends. She could see a friendship forming in the nearby future, so she had hope. Allegro only had Pendzez, her mate, but no other friends. No female friends, that is. But she wanted a friend who she could confide in and share secrets with. She knew her desires were childish and immature, but she had never had a true friend before. Allegro grinned again, the corners of her mouth curling up into a curt smile.

[/html]
[html]

Asariel looked at Allegro as she spoke. If she could blush, she would. She hadn't meant to come off as rude by not speaking. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I tend to zone out, see, so I often end up missing out on conversations. Really, I'm a chatterbox," she said, a grin crossing her maw. She really was a boisterous, happy werewolf; she was rarely deterred or shot down. Sometimes her happiness could get annoying; in fact, it annoyed many of those around her.

She could be a strange, complex being though, when she wanted to be. Though when you thought about it, she was already complex. So many moods, so little time to portray them all. She gave her right paw a momentary lick, thinking to herself. She hoped she and Allegro would be able to be friends - she didn't have any here as of yet. "Do you want to be my friend?" She asked, a brightness dancing in her greeney blue eyes. There wasn't anything that Asariel liked more than making friends. Except for rain. She loved the rain. The song that went like, rain, rain, go away, come again another day, was never one that she had ever sung. In fact, she'd revised it to, rain, rain, come again, come again another day,. Sure, it wasn't anything special or award-winning, but she had been young and she was proud of it.

[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the short post. I have no muse and I really need to at least post something.

Allegro smiled at the woman's blunt words. Friends? She needed a lot of those, especially with the feelings, the unexplained feelings, she experienced toward Pendzez. A friend to confide in, gossip to and giggle with was certainly on Allegro's to do list. Asariel had made it so much easier. "Hah, not a problem. I'm just very impaitent," Allegro said, smiling toward Asariel.

"Oh, and yes, I'd love to be your friend," The young woman said, smiling. She shivered, a bolt of coldness running through her veins. But the moment couldn't be broken by how cold she was. Oh, certainly not. Allegro forbade it.

[/html]
[html]

It's okay. Sorry I took so long to reply.

A smile broke out on Asariel's lips. Yes! A friend gained! She watched Allegro curiously. She couldn't help but wonder, even though it technically wasn't any of her business, how she'd fallen into the water. It was still winter, and that most definitely couldn't be good. She watched Allegro shiver - she must be cold seeing as she was still wet. Though the point was probably moot, she asked, "Are you cold?" Well, of course she was cold. The poor girl fell in a river in the middle of March.

Asariel shifted her weight to her other side, gazing around her. The snow was melting, but not fast enough for her tastes. She wondered what to talk about; she didn't want to start chatting Allegro's ear off so early in their newfound relationship. "So," she started lamely, "How's your life been?" She asked. Ugh. What a silly question to ask. But, it was a good conversation starter nonetheless.

[/html]