retribution.
[html]

i'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?
favorite line in the comic. "Watchmen are over. What do we do?" "Retribution."// Ethereal Eclipse.

The dense vegetation provided a cool place for the coyote boy to sleep. He slumped against a tree, unmindful of the silence or darkness. He yawned and through an arm over his eyes, in luperci form as usual. The broken arm was cradled to his chest. His sleep would not last long, however. A form appeared in the darkness, scent carried away by the unfortunate winds, impossible to see in the darkness, unheard in Giggle's dreams. A low guffaw escaped the invisible canine's throat, delighted by his findings. The Scorpius was awoken by the rough hand of the wolf on his shoulder, jerking him backwards. He let out a loud yelp in surprise, indigo eyes trying to find what was holding him. The wolf said something inadible. Giggle blinked. 'Er, what do you want?' He asked, rather mildly considering the circumstances. Fear coiled in his gut; he didn't want to die now, in his prime. But death wasn't what the stranger had in mind, apparently. Confusion arose in him as he felt a hand on his stomach, going lower. 'Oh, fuck,' He said, suddenly thinking it was that drunken coyote back to finish the job. But the form was too large and too strong to be that coyote. Unfortunately, his curse was taken as a suggestion and he was pulled closer to the dark form, despite his struggling. He heard a shush in his ears and he hissed loudly, too panicked to scream properly.

[/html]
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2hrctw6.png); width: 519px; height: 437px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 5px; position: relative; left: 100px; top: 55px; width: 280px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

I'm a fan of "I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me." Not going to play out the whole fight in this one post so you can have Gig jump in to help/cower/stare what have you XD

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

So far his further investigation of the murder scene had brought up nothing. It frustrated the coyote to no end. If only he had found the scene a few days earlier. He could have caught a scent, found their blood, some hair, something. He heaved a sigh as he once again left the decaying bodies to their own devices. So far he had heard no word of any other murders. But they were out there somewhere. Figuring out their next victims. He needed to find them before that could happen though. Before anymore innocent blood was spilled.

For no particular reason he had returned to the densely forested Ethereal Eclipse. Silently he moved among the heights of the trees, as deft as any squirrel. The man stopped on one of the sturdier branches, one hand resting against the body of the tree. Veiled eyes looked up through a small hole in the canopy. Many scents wafted through the air, though none that particularly interested him. As he sat there, crouched in the limbs, a yelp split the silence of the forest. Could it be the murderer? Onus launched himself in the direction of the startled call. Whether it was the villain he was searching for or not, he had work to do.

It took less than a second to survey the scene and determine what was going on. This was no murder, though it wasn't much better. Clawed hands flexed as he stared at the back of the scum's head. Then as quickly as a swooping bird of prey he was on the ground behind the deviant. One hand shot out and he dug his claws into the wolf's shoulder and using all of his strength flung him against one of the trees behind them. The larger canine was stunned, but soon a snarl curled on his lips and he ran at the masked man. Onus ducked out of the way and punched the other where his kidney would be. The criminal howled as the coyote bowled into his back, knocking him forward onto the ground. He pinned one of the wolf's arm behind his back and leaned in close to his ear. "Last mistake you'll ever make," he whispered.

The wolf managed to torque his head enough that he could snap at the coyote. Onus quickly pulled his head back but the fiend managed to grab part of his scarf between his teeth. His free hand shot out to punch his enemy in the side of his head, hoping the jar would make him release his grip.

[/html]
[html]

Yes, that too. Also, scene with psychiatrist: "What do you see?" "....some pretty flowers." Eep, size. Sorry.

How unbelievable, this situation. What, was he a magnet for gay rapists? The coyote struggled further in the powerful grip, and was about to resign himself to his fate when out of nowhere, his attacker's grip disappeared. He felt rather than saw the movement behind him and spun around, eyes widening. There was another coyote, eyes wrapped in a cloth, fully dressed, midfight with the wolf. Giggle was too stunned to move, and looked dumbly at the other coyote and back to his arm, which throbbed where it had been agitated.

He cursed himself for not moving to help his savior, but what use would the oversized coyote have? His arm was broken and he had no fighting ability. Plus, the coyote seemed to have a good grip on the fight, the way he handled the monstrous beast so skillfully despite his size. Giggle backed away, out of reach, pulling his legs up to his chest. Coward, coward, coward. He opened his mouth and closed it, still slightly in shock from the quickness of the scene unfolding.

[/html]
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2hrctw6.png); width: 519px; height: 437px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 5px; position: relative; left: 100px; top: 55px; width: 280px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

Lol yeah! And no worries. So sorry for the wait D:

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

As his fist connected with the wolf's skull he felt the teeth release from his scarf. The sudden impact to the head had really jarred the canine. It was time to end this. Onus got to his feet and kicked the garbage onto his back and quickly descended upon him again, hands wrapping around his throat. His enemy's eyes widened as he realized what was about to happen and the creature started thrashing under him. But the vigilante was used to the thrashing of those he punished. So well accustomed to it that it didn't hinder him at all. His thumbs pressed down onto the man's esophagus as his other fingers squeezed all around the rest of his neck. The other tried to make a sound, but none came. His hands grabbed at the coyote's arms but it wasn't long before their grip slackened. Minutes ticked by as Onus stared at the criminal and waited until the last light of life left his eyes.

The wolf's tongue was lolled out of his mouth and his eyes stared dully at the sky. It was done. The masked man got to his feet and his gaze turned to the victim. A young coyote who looked like he had had his arm broken in some other encounter recently. Aside from that and looking scared he seemed to be alright though. "You alright kid?" raspy monotone voice questioned. Those he saved always reacted in different ways. Some were just as afraid of him as they had been of their attacker. Some were thankful and the entire gambit in between. How would this youth respond?

[/html]
[html]

Have you seen this? My friend showed me it and I can't stop laughing. Some guy made it like it's an saturday morning cartoon thing of Watchmen.

And like that, in the cloak of darkness, the battle was over, his savior victorious. Giggle forced himself to rise up, offer any dignity he had left, as the cloaked man turned to him. For all the coyote could see, this vigilante might as well have had a ring of light around his head, and it would not have surprised him. 'Yeah,' was what he managed to get out, holding his hand out in a thank-you gesture. 'I thought-- well, uh. Thank you,' he added, rubbing his neck. The initial fear had already bubbled out of him, shock faded. Now he simply wanted to throw himself on the smaller man and ask him a million questions, his name, for starters, and express his gratitude a hundred times over.

Instead he looked away, trying to appear nonchalant. Surely the man had places to go, things to do. He seemed important. A moment passed and finally a question bubbled up from him, indigo eyes refocusing on him in the darkness that they finally began to adjust to. 'What's your name?' Thank you, Giggle readded mentally.

[/html]
[html]

Haha, omg yes! It's so bad XD Watchmen is so not kid friendly. I think my favorite was the Ozy/Bubastis as Shaggy and Scooby though.

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

Onus was glad that he had reached the scene before any real damage had been done to the younger coyote. Rape was a heinous thing and he pitied anyone that had to endure it. This one had been prevented though, and the would-be perpetrator would never attempt such a thing again. A victory for justice. "Good." For a moment hidden eyes stared at the outstretched hand. A friendly gesture, but Onus was not one for such things. Still he took it for a second and brusquely shook it before letting it go. "Don't worry about it. He won't hurt anyone again." His gaze returned to the lifeless form of the criminal.

It wasn't often that the ones he saved from villains were so amiable and full of gratitude. Perhaps that was why he was willing to stick around and exchange words with the youth. "Onus." Whether or not the other realized it, it wasn't everyone that got to learn his name. It was hard to say exactly what made the vigilante want to share his name with some and not with others. Just a gut feeling. "You're from Inferni." The scent of the clan was unmistakable.

[/html]
[html]

The gesture was returned after a pause, and Giggle felt a light tingle go up his spine. Perhaps he was over exaggerating the qualities of the vigilante. But he had saved the young coyote from a bad, bad thing and he didn't know of people that went around saving people, except in those vintage comic books he had saved from the mansion. Maybe this coyote was one of those, then? Except he wasn't wearing spandex or flying. His eyes moved over to the corpse of his attacker, nodding grimly. He felt nothing towards the dead animal. Wolves were sick, so what was one more dead?

Onus. He nodded again, this time his expression light. 'I'm Giggle,' he said in turn, and then paused when Onus spoke again. 'Yes,' the coyote offered, slowly, wondering what was relevant about that. The smell of the clan was absent from his savior, as was any pack scent, thus lending to the conclusion that Onus was a loner. 'They're good to me,' it was more of an afterthought, half-muttered, without any real connection to the conversation at hand. He felt a surge of pride when he thought of his home, regardless of their past sins. They did what they had to do to survive.

[/html]
[html]

Short! Sorry D:

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

Giggle? What an odd name. Then again, his own name wasn't exactly common. Either of them. Though he only ever referred to himself by Onus, not by his given first name. "Giggle," he repeated. More to himself than to the younger male. Yes, Onus had no doubt that Inferni was good to him. His concern had never been if they looked after their own. That was quite clear. It was how the members treated the other inhabitants of the lands that interested him. If they really were the victims they wanted everyone to believe. He already knew that at least one of the clan members was hostile for no particular reason.

"One of your clanmates has red eyes. Know who he is?" While the mass murderer was still his main concern, when he had told Cwmfen that he would look for the coyote that had attacked her he meant it. The vigilante didn't throw around empty words and promises. If this kid was so keen on talking to him then maybe he would be able to get some useful information out of him.

[/html]
[html]

dont worry about it, i post ridiculously short xD

He worried if he had said something wrong, but he couldn't think of what. No, Onus probably just had something else on his mind. The vigilante asked him a question then, a question that almost made Giggle laugh. A packmate with red eyes? Well, he had noticed plenty of Inferni members with red eyes. He paused for a moment, and then replied, trying not to come off as oblivious. 'Red eyes... that's sort of a common occurrence. Are you looking for someone?' For a moment, he thought of Talitha. She wasn't in trouble, was she? No, Gabriel probably would have announced something by now if anything had happened to his daughter. Had she done something to warrant attention? Again, the young male doubted it. Tal may have been a loose cannon but she was nice, and friendly, and he just couldn't see her committing any sort of serious crime. He turned his thoughts to other packmembers.

The only other coyote with red eyes Giggle had personally met had been that strange, drunken man he'd hit with a shovel. Maybe that was the man he was looking for. It seemed likely; the guy had been off-balance. The Scorpius remembered the meeting almost amusedly, but feared running into the homosexual (apparantly) drunk again. Giggle had escaped because it had been dark and the other had been wasted. If they met again in broad daylight in sober states, there was a chance that he'd be a victim of rape for real. Or something like that. He looked back at Onus, from who his eyes had drifted, hoping he could help the other somehow. It was the least he could do.

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

Hmmm, interesting. Of all the places he had been there had never been any where red eyes were a commonality. Perhaps finding this madman would be a bit more difficult than first expected. No matter. The clan couldn't possibly be that big. He would be able to track the man down sooner or later. Who knew, maybe he even had something to do with the murders. Conri Church may have been his main suspect but he knew better than to rule out the possibility of others. From Cwmfen's description it was clear that this coyote had no problem inflicting pain on random strangers. For him to commit a mass homicide was hardly far fetched.

"Yes. A coyote. Male. Attacked a female wolf from Dahlia de Mai unprovoked and when she was weakened." As far as he was concerned the past between the wolf pack and the clan was irrelevant in this matter. If it was now a time of supposed peace, which he head been lead to believe, then such actions were unwarranted. What kind of creatures was the clan keeping if they had no problems with such a man running loose. Did they want another war? While Onus didn't trouble himself with such matters most of the time he knew well enough where an incident such as that could lead.

[/html]
[html]

Attacked another wolf from Dahlia de Mai. He felt a sort of secret thrill run through him, a momentary spark of schadenfreude. Payback. But then, Dahlian or not, an unprovoked attack was a serious offense. After having been in that position himself, Giggle could empathize. He rubbed his muzzle and willed to mind the fuzzy memory of the drunk man. 'There's one coyote it could be.' He said, quietly. It was almost lucky the coyote didn't know very much, or he would have been trapped in a sticky place- torn between helping his savior and being loyal to his clan. 'He came after me one night, he was drunk. I can't offer much, it was very dark. He did have red eyes, though. He was, uh, somewhat smaller than me. Sort of brown furred. He didn't give a name. Actually, I think he was propositioning me.' Because clearly, the purple meant that Giggle was gay and an easy target. He shook his head slightly, frowning. 'I'm sorry, I can't help you out much more than that.' He shifted his broken arm uncomfortably, wincing at the accompanying burst of pain. Had to keep it straight, slinged and wrapped, so it wouldn't make him useless. He couldn't be a hunter with a limp.

[/html]
[html]

I <3 Watchmen score

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

Someone who would assault their own clanmates? It certainly sounded like the one who had attacked Cwmfen. If he didn't worry about starting another war then he probably wouldn't have any problem attacking those within the clan itself. Still, that raised the question as to why he was kept around. What leader would have such an animal among its ranks. With the description of brown fur Onus was almost certain it had to be the same coyote. Typical coyote description or no, the behavior was enough to convince him. This creature had a carelessness for life and well being. "Yet you feel safe there." If his rough voice was capable of laughter it might have come then. But of course it didn't. "Did you tell your leader this?" He still had no idea whom the clan leader was, but he had an inkling it was the hybrid he had met on his second night here.

He saw the kid wince as he moved his arm. Hidden eyes scanned over the injured limb and then settled back on the stained face of the coyote. "Broken arm? How did that happen?" Little did the vigilante know that this whole place was just one vicious circle of violence between the packs and clans.

[/html]
[html]

'Yes,' he reaffirmed, not quite grasping Onus' point. It wasn't really a true assault, after all, more of a pass that would have become violent. Giggle had never really considered the clanmate on clanmate angle. The coyote glanced away sheepishly at the next question. 'No, I didn't..' Why hadn't he, why hadn't Giggle sought out Gabriel - or maybe even Corona who he felt more comfortable around - and said, hey look, you've got a big jerk in your clan? A gay one, at that? It hadn't struck him as necessary. After all, it had been dark and oh, let's just tell the truth? He had been afraid of looking pathetic, or stupid, after all he had just been attacked by a pair of Dahlians (a fact that was more crucial than he liked to think) and had shown his inability to fend for himself, when he had been trying so hard to prove himself.

And speaking of Dahlians, the next question came, unsurprisingly. He had subconsciously shifted the conversation by drawing attention to his arm, after all. 'I was.. attacked by a pair of Dahlian wolves. Something about infringing on a truce, because I was too close to their territory, or maybe even a little bit inside of it, I'm not sure.' He forced himself to look back. He wondered what his saviour would think of the circle of violence between his home and his attackers'.

[/html]
[html]

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

Onus was used to violence. Used to having people come after him. It hadn't happened here, but in the city, it happened often. Petty criminals that thought they could take him. Thought they could remove the scourge of the underworld. Fools. Fools that had left with broken bones, missing something important, or not at all. Still, he understood one of the points of being in a pack or clan was protection. If one wasn't even safe from the other members then what was the point? "Hurm." Didn't make any sense to him. "Perhaps should. Unless becoming a victim part of your plan." He was sympathetic towards victims to an extent, but those that had the means to protect themselves and decided not to were moronic. It that case it might very well be their own damn fault.

The answer to his question made his lip twitch. What the fuck was wrong with these people. Someone attacked someone and then they retaliated and so on and so forth. Just one giant goddamn blood feud. Didn't they realize that was a good path to extinction? Hidden eyes stared directly at the youth. "What is wrong with you people? All aggressors yet all want to play the victim. None of you will survive long living like that." It was disgusting really.

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i40.tinypic.com/2m7w9p4.png); width: 375px; height: 466px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; left: 3px; top:10px; width: 350px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

!! out of character.

the public don’t dwell on my transmission

He rubbed his neck uncomfortably. 'Well, I guess.' He never would, but agreeing with Onus seemed the safest way to get out of this line of conversation. He was feeling pressured, interrogated, but didn't want to break away from the vigilante either, driven by curiosity and slight adoration. He tried to imagine telling Gabriel what had happened, but no matter what, he came off as a tattletale- the mean ol' drunk coyote came after me, daddy! Not the image he was working very hard to present.

The air changed; Giggle could sense that the vigilante wasn't pleased, probably because of what he'd said. Great. The stream of words that came startled him, but didn't make him feel guilty. He was clean, his hands blood-free. The hybrid had never been involved, would have never been involved if it weren't for the attack. He forced himself to look into Onus' cloth, where he imagined the eyes to be. 'I didn't particularly plan on being sucked into whatever problems exist between my clan and Dahlia. I don't have anything... well, I didn't have anything against Dahlia de Mai.' He sounded petulant, but it wasn't fair that he was getting lumped into the history of Inferni when he was new and freshfaced. Of course it was a cycle they could never escape but he was ever the optimist. 'I don't even really understand why-- why everyone is always fighting. I just don't know. I guess you could ask them, or Gabriel.'

[/html]
[html]

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

Why was this kid so nervous and uncomfortable talking about standing up for himself? Telling a leader about an incident such as that wasn't being a tattle tale, it was simply looking out for yourself and your own sense of safety. If Onus were a leader he would want to know such a thing. Of course that would be some kind of alternate universe where he enjoyed the company of others and wanted to feel responsible for them. As he was all he felt responsible for was fulfilling his cause. Of putting criminals to their punishment as he just had. That was his life.

The vigilante stood stone still as the dyed maw whined about his tirade. That is all it was, whining. Sure, maybe he hadn't been involved in the war and all that went on before joining the clan. But he was part of the clan now. Not wholly responsible for their sins, no, but he needed to learn that joining a group brought a certain weight to his shoulders. Even if the judgment wasn't coming from Onus, it would come from others. At the name Gabriel his ears twitched. "What does this Gabriel look like?" The man assumed that whoever he was, he was the clan's leader.

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i40.tinypic.com/2m7w9p4.png); width: 375px; height: 466px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; left: 3px; top:10px; width: 350px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

Ugh! Sorry for the wait bby<3 and the crappy short post.

the public don’t dwell on my transmission

He was acutely aware that he had made a terrible impression. The hybrid wished he had a do-over, where he could appear cool and collected. Of course, that was impossible, and he couldn't repair his status now. It was alright though; Giggle was pathetic, after all, he might as well be honest. Onus asked what Gabriel looked like and he collected himself. 'He's large, looks like a German Shepherd. He's got gold eyes and some scars on his face.' Gabriel and Talitha were easily the most identifiable of Inferni, thanks to their hybrid nature.

Even though he looked the fool, the clanmate didn't want to flee. He absently messed with the wrapping on his broken arm. The crepuscular vigilante (or, as was his impression of him) still fascinated him. He couldn't hold his judgment against him, because it was all true. Maybe he could learn from Onus. 'Thanks, again.' He murmured, hesitating before finally asking: 'How did you come about to being, well, what you are?' He was trying to avoid bluntness, he didn't want to seem prying. But it was a rare sight, this masked man, and he wanted to know how. And maybe, he'd find out how to fix himself.

[/html]
[html]

I think Onus is going to run off now XD He doesn't like talking about his past. But if you wanted another thread you could have Gig corner him in the city while he's healing!

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

At the description of the clan's leader Onus' hands flexed. Gabriel was indeed the man that he had met on his first visit to Inferni's borders. He didn't trust the hybrid. He was trying to hide something. What he was hiding he still didn't know, but it was something. There was some sort of madness to that male. A latent one, but it was there all the same and the vigilante could sense it. It seemed that none of the underlings knew anything of great importance. They weren't hiding anything either, at least the ones he had talked to. He could always tell when someone was hiding something from him. He knew how to get the information out of them too.

Onus' absentmindedly nodded in response to the kid's repeated thanks. He was just doing what he was meant to do. It had been one of his easier kills too. Apparently that wolf hadn't been in too many fights before. Though when the younger yote questioned him about his past he had to suppress a lip twitch. He shared that information with almost no one. There had only been a handful of occasions where he had told anyone anything about who he was and where he came from. "None of your business kid." There was no anger or annoyance in his voice though. Just the same rough monotone.

This conversation was getting too personal for his liking and he had better things to do. Such as investigating a mass murder. Without another word he climbed up the nearest tree and made his exit through the high up limbs, heading towards the south.

[/html]