In search of a den.
ooc: I'm guessing that this'll be when Rath finds the town. He has to find a house, so anyone who wants to come meet the newbie is welcome to do so. ^_^

500+
bic: The ruddy, brown male trotted up to the edge of Wolfville, or...at least that was what he thought Slay had called it. In perfect honesty, he had been so enthused with being accepted into the pack, that he had hardly paid attention to what the piebald male had told him. The shaggy wolf's ears tipped back slightly as he scolded himself for being so easily distracted by his own emotions. He shook his head making it seem as though he were exasperated with himself, which indeed he was to a point.
His gleaming green eyes once again settled on the large town before him. For one who had spent much of his life living in a single story, ranch-style cabin the various styles and sizes of the structures seemed mildly intimidating. Stamping his large pads in the muddy earth beneath his feet, he debated whether or not to seek assistance in searching for a suitable den for himself. No...that would make him appear weak and indecisive, which was not at all appealing to even someone as reserved as he was, especially since he had just joined this pack. The last thing he needed was to portray himself as weak to the other pack members. As such, Henratha basically forced his remaining choice upon himself. He simply had to disregard his apprehensions and go forward. Yes, that seemed like the only source of action for him.
So, having decided upon his course of action, Rath began to shift into his hybrid form, feeling that he would be better able to explore the town if he was able to use his hands. He stood calmly, closing his green eyes and focusing on what he wanted his body to do. As a result, he quickly changed forms. He now stood to his full height of 7'3" and his relatively short, shaggy hair hung all over his place. The white flecks he had in his reddish brown coat were a bit more pronounced in the kinky, unruly hair he had atop his head. Many of the longer hairs had white tips to them, giving the impression that he had faint, natural highlights. His eyes were almost covered by his messy hair. Momentarily, he thanked the powers that be that his hair was hanging downward for the most part instead of sticking up all over the place like a bush, but he still looked like a mess. "I suppose I'll have to find something to cut this with. Or at least some sort of string to tie it back out of my face," he mumbled to himself as he did his best to temporarily part his hair away from his face so that he wouldn't look like so unkempt. His efforts were mostly in vain, however, as his unruly hair kept falling down just below his eyebrows. He could still see, but he imagined he must have looked ridiculous.
Now that he was shifted to his hybrid form, Rath again turned in the direction of Wolfville, striding forward in the hopes that those he met would be even half as accepting as the large, black and white wolf that had greeted and welcomed him into Dahlia de Mai.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hi~! I’ll probably be a little slow at replying; I feel like I have so many threads, ^=^;; And is Rath in his secui or optime form? 7’3” implies optime, but ‘hybrid’ implies secui. I just want to make sure. Cwmfen is in her optime form. OuO
500+

Time was ambiguous in the darkness, but the silent ticking continued nevertheless, ignorant of life and the earth it so surely eroded to Death. The dreary weather sang quietly in its darkened glory. The soft sound of the drizzle whispered the secrets of the earth. And when it rained the whispers vanished for the noise, replaced by a rhythmic beating of the life that flourished within the Dahlian boarders. And then, when there was nothing—silence. A soft silence that made deaf the ears with downy feathers. The world was calm and perfect even as it changed, perfect as it always was and would be. The songbirds sang along with that glorious grey melody, but fell silent often, as if they too recognized the natural beauty of which they were a part. And the wind sighed and the earth sighed. And the sun above the obscured heavens lay dormant mercifully as his rays slowly warmed the earth that turned from winter to spring.

Cwmfen listened to the song, standing amidst the trees and grasses of the Dahlian world. The warrior’s eyes were closed as she listened, and her maw was pointed to the darkened heavens, and her breathing was deep as if in a slumber. As if she Dreamed. Above her, the Raven, watching her with his single eye, wheeled with locked shoulders. And as she stood there, lithic and gripping her Raven Spear, it was as if the woad warrior had come out of the stories of old.

But the wind brought her a scent. It was unfamiliar, but already the mark of the pack was upon it. He must be a newcomer, and so the warrior, where she would have neglected to go if only to resist the urge to move her healing wounds, or perhaps to stay and listen longer to the tales of the auld earth. But this male whom she did not know required her attention, and so the white orbs opened, shining their own light in the ambiguous dark and light of the day. As she willed herself to move, the deep, slowly healing scars held tight, threatening as always to re-open. But she was slow as she threw her body in to motion, and the wounds silently relented, the ever failing pain falling back within her mind. And her traveling movements were quicker now, but she could not yet run nor trot, but keep that leisurely pace. But the warrior could be patient, and as she passed from the natural world into the slowly dying world of the remnants of man, she was able to observe, her quick, white eyes alert as if on the eve of battle.

The woad warrior did not frequent Wolfville often, and so the details were almost novel to her. But the warrior avoided the use of many human things (save for her weapons, of course) when she could. But the beauty of this place was present, for she saw the slow reclamation of the place by nature. And, of course, these human edifices were useful to the pack’s wolves if they sought to escape the rain. And it was when the female was observing such things that the scent became strong and finally the form came into view. She approached from behind, and her silent feet did not betray her. He was speaking, almost mumbling to himself, and the Adonis could not help but allow a light smile to grace her maw.

“If you desire to reduce the length, I can offer my assistance,” the alto melody sang with silver tones dancing upon the cool, damp air. She extended her arm, offering the blade of her spear to the male as the pied Raven crawed above them. Personally, the female did not mind his shaggy coat, preferring the unrefined styles of nature to anything else. “I am Cwmfen nic Graine,” the female introduced herself. She bowed, but the movement was cut short by the restrictions of that long scar upon her back.

[/html]
ooc: See...I knew I should have just relaxed. I was so tense about not messing up that I messed myself up anyway. He's in his optime form. I guess I'm still unfamiliar with Souls terminology. I'll figure it out eventually, though ^_^

bic: His pointed ears perked atop his shaggy-haired skull at the sound of feminine voice behind him. Turning himself around, his gooseberry green gaze locked onto the spear point being held out to him. Had he not heard female's words, offering him her weapon to cut his hair, he would have flinched at the sight of the sharp fighting implement. His gaze quickly travelled upwards to gaze upon the woman's face only to notice her white, pupil-less eyes. What an unusual and yet mystifying feature to possess. He was quickly snapped out of his thoughtful state when his sensitive ears hearkened to the sound of her voice yet again. He heard her introduce herself and immediately repeated her name several times in his head, so that he would not forget it.
Returning her bow with a bow of his own, Rath responded in his warm, tenor's voice, "It is a pleasure to meet you, Cwmfen nic Graine, I am Henratha Gyrkin. You may call me Rath if you wish, although I will certainly answer to both." Returning to his full height, the shaggy wolf once again turned his gaze to Cwmfen's spear, which she had offered to him to cut his hair with. "With regards to your offer, I thank you very much for your generosity, but I am afraid I must decline. I would not dare to use such a fine weapon for such a lowly task as cutting this shaggy mess I have for hair. Plus, without a mirror, or something to see my reflection in, I might end up cutting off too much or too little and simply end up worsening my predicament than solving it." He chuckled at the endless possibilities of what he might do to his own hair without being able to see it. His hands were used to carving and shaping wood, not cutting hair, and as such his chances of making his hair look even slightly presentable were slim to none if he could not see what he was doing.
"Pardon my asking so, but are you very familiar with this town? I am in search of a place to claim as my home, but unfortunately I have just recently arrived here and I'm quite unfamiliar with the area," his tone was civil, and respectful and his posture, while still straight and upright, held an air of submission to this obviously higher ranking wolfess. He was interested greatly in gaining any information about his new homeland, and the Dahlia de Mai pack he had just joined. Hopefully he would not annoy Cwmfen with his questions.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hahah, don’t worry about it! It’s nothing to stress about, ^=^ And I was going to have this up earlier, but my internet wasn’t working, which hindered my ability to complete homework promptly, TT___TT Sorry if it’s crap; I’m having a rough day.
500+

The woad warrior’s blue bound maw flickered with a light smile. His show of respect impressed the female if only because she had seen very little to such an extent. That was not to say, of course, that the member of Dahlia had shown disrespect, for that was not the case at all. It was merely that the warrior, in her strange half cultures and foreign disciplines, appreciated the occasional acknowledging of ranks and the use of formalities, especially when making new acquaintances. It came from both her Caledonian and Korean culture, but it also came from the roots of her being, from the creature that was the wolf. And the ritual posturing that was completed by the ruddy hued male seemed to strike the proper tones within the warrior woman. "Henratha Gyrkin," the light lilt of her melody repeated, upholding the use of his full name in her unfamiliarity, "Welcome to Dahlia de Mai." She smiled warmly at the new male as her careful, calculating gaze was held easily upon the green eyes across her.

Then the female laughed quietly, a golden melody that bubbled in the dark air about them. "You show respect for my weapon as well, Rath," the warrior remarked as she withdrew the weapon. "It would be arrogance to assume that the blade would be higher than another, but disrespectful as well to use it for any other means than it has been destined." The woad marked woman nodded in agreement as she momentarily turned away. There was a tree nearby that had grown through the human laid stones and houses of Wolfville, and she approached the tree. For a moment, the white eyes seemed to consider the hibernating plant, as if silently communicating, before she took the spear and carefully shaved a long, thin strip. Then she returned to the green eyed male, presenting it to him. "You can use this for now, if you wish," the Adonis offered.

"I’m afraid that I do not frequent these human constructs often—a personal preference," the female explained as she gazed briefly about the setting. "Of course, that is not to say that I have not explored these areas often." The martial creature had made it a point to know and understand the land upon which she may one day fight and defend. The warrior looked back to Rath. She liked him immediately with his show of respect, and she thought that he would fit well among the other members of the pack. With a slight gesture of the spear, Cwmfen motioned him to follow. "All of these edifices are open for the use of members. Perhaps one of the sturdier ones will suit your needs." With a slight grunt, the healing female pushed her unwilling body into motion, ignoring the discomforts that every movement brought. She approached one nearby, waiting upon the threshold as she opened the door. "Are you looking for anything specific?"

[/html]
ooc: Your post was great ^_^. Sorry you had a rough day. I've been quite busy myself, lately. My computer, despite the fact that I just fixed it two days ago, is also having occasional fits. It likes to turn off by itself when I'm doing important things. lol
500+

The gleaming green gaze of the ruddy hued male watched curiosly as the warrior walked over to a nearby tree, which grew in the midst of what appeared to be a deteriorating road of some sort. For a moment, the tall wolf smiled as he pondered the tenacity of nature, never ceasing to reclaim that which it once owned. His moment of thoughtfulness was short-lived as his gooseberry hued gaze was once again drawn back to Cwmfen. He watched as the blue marked woman shaved a long strip from the tree before presenting it to him. The tips of his pearly white fangs were momentarily visible as his lips curved in a thankful smile. "Thank you, m'lady Cwmfen. That will work perfectly until I am able to cut my hair to a more suitable length," the warm tones of his crooner's voice displayed his evident thankfulness as he took the thin, ribbon-like strip of bark from the female, quickly pulling his kinky hair back into a low set pony-tail, which he rapped several times with the wooden strip before tying it tightly.
Noting that Cwmfen now beckoned for him to follow her, the ruddy hued brute nodded and quickened his leisurely pace until he was comfortably walking behind the female. He followed her to the door of the nearest house, his eyes instinctively scanning and observing the architecture of the structure. His white tufted ears flicked as he turned them once again to the sound of her soft voice. Was he looking for anything specific? His brow furrowed as he pondered what he might need were he to continue in his hobby of woodworking and instrument crafting.
"If at all possible I would prefer a place relatively close to the forest, with enough room to set up some sort of work shop, separate from the sleeping area so that I wouldn't get wood dust or other such materials on the area I slept in. You see, I'm a woodworker and a musician of sorts. I've been taught how to make all manner of instruments out of wood, mostly small instruments although I was fortunate enough to learn how to make a wonderful stringed instrument at one point which was relatively large. I believe it was called a guitar..."
Rath trailed off as he realized his old habit of rambling had reared its ugly head once more. "I apologize for drawing out my answer to such a length. What I should have said was simply, yes I'm looking for something specific, preferably a building with at least two rooms, one to sleep in, the other to work in," the ruddy hued, white flecked wolf corrected himself in a mildly embarrassed tone of voice. He had always possessed a habit of rambling on about subjects that he found interesting. He had found however, that it was a most unpleasant habit to have, one that often led to the annoyance of those around him. As such, he made great efforts to keep himself from droning on when he spoke, but occasionally he would forget to catch himself. He would not allow himself to be so forgetful again, at least not while he was speaking with Cwmfen. He needed not taint his good impression with his bad habits.
[html]

500+

The woad marked fae turned slowly to listen to the male’s words. It seemed as if he did have something specific in mind. And as he spoke, the black fae came to understand his domestic needs as well as his interests. And so the female listened quietly but carefully, politely waiting for him to finish. The introverted female enjoyed listening more than she enjoyed speaking, and so this digression of the male did not bother her. To the contrary, the female welcomed it. She welcomed the insight into the other’s character, and she was intent on becoming familiar with this new member of Dahlia de Mai in addition to the other members already of the pack. She admitted that she did not know some of them as well as she should, and that it should be made a point to change this ignorance, if only because she was Adonis now and would need to understand the members of the pack she was going to help lead. And so, when she became familiar with a small part of the male’s life, the female was at ease, content.

"Do not apologize for the quality of your character," the female countered with a smile. Cwmfen wanted the male to be comfortable with himself when about her. She paused then, considering his request. "Perhaps we should travel south then—to Berwick." Berwick, the female had noticed, was an area similar to Wolfville in that there were building, but the buildings there seemed to hold a different purpose. The woad warrior was uncertain as to many of human constructs and their uses, but she was able to discern that the buildings of Berwick were for living more than those of Wolfville. "There is also a forest boarding the south of Berwick," the female added with a smile. She herself had made her abode within the woods there, a bit to the east of the pool of Oberon’s Spring. "It may be a bit of a walk from here," the female explained, "But it will be better for you to acquaint yourself with the lands."

Turning, the female pushed herself into motion once more. This time, it was easier, for her muscles were warmed from her previous movement. With the silent step of a warrior and the fluidity of the shadows, the black she-wolf navigated through the winding paths of Wolfville. The white orbs regarded the heavens for a brief moment as the Raven called. "If you enjoy making instruments," the alto melody rose in the silence, "Perhaps you should seek out our Musician, Mew." Rath’s use of the word ‘guitar’ had made the Adonis remember her musically talented friend, and she thought of he white female as her alto melody faded in the silence. Once Cwmfen had taken them a considerable distance, she asked the male again, and her curiosity was genuine as the woad bound ears pricked forward. "What other things can you make?"

[/html]
ooc: Somehow I can't help but feel that I rambled a bit in this post. Oh well ^_^, hopefully it still reads just fine.
600+
Rath nodded and smiled back at Cwmfen, feeling quite relieved that even his negative personal traits, or so he called them, were accepted by the regal wolfess. Rath found the female's mannerisms quite fascinating. His lack of experience in social society led him to analyze those he came in contact with mostly out of a desire to learn from those around him, but a part of him simply found other individuals fascinating. He was snapped out of his analytical thought process by Cwmfen's suggestion that they should head south.
"Berwick? Yes, I seem to remember Slay mentioning the was the name of the other town within these lands," he thought out loud, his brow furrowing as he quickly sifted through the memories of his conversation with the much larger, black and white wolf. When he heard the wolfess mention a forest, his ears perked up in interest. Having a forest nearby would be wonderful for gathering the materials he needed for his work. However, he would have to find some tools first.
"I do not mind travelling. I have spent the past six months travelling north from my former home until I reached these lands. It wasn't always pleasant, but I gained an increasing appreciation for nature," Rath couldn't help but chuckle quietly to himself as he remembered the many times he had become so amazed with something he had never seen before, only to later realize that that particular something was incredibly common and he had just not taken the time to notice it before.
He continued on silently until he heard the black wolfess' alto voice suggest to him that he seek out the pack's resident musician, Mew. "Her name is Mew Sadira, am I correct? I heard about her from Slay. He said I should meet her and see if she had any tools I could borrow until I find some of my own," Rath replied, recounting a minute detail of his conversation with the male who had first welcomed him to the lands of Dahlia de Mai. The tall, reddish brown brute followed Cwmfen silently for was seemed like several minutes before the black, blue marked she-wolf inquired as to the extent of his woodworking abilities.
He pondered for a moment, all of the things his father had taught him before uttering his reply. "It depends upon what tools I have available to me, but I can make furniture of certain varieties. Nothing to elaborate, but enough to serve the purpose they are desired for. My father even built the house that we lived in. He knew far more than I do, and I regret to say that he passed away before he could teach me everything he knew," he replied, somewhat saddened that he had not yet practiced how to make many of the truly useful things one could craft out of wood. He had spent most of his time making the instruments he so loved to play. The rest of what his father had taught him had simply been the basic construction of furniture. He wished he knew how to repair homes, that way he might truly be useful to this pack. His gaze countenance grew sad momentarily before the brute returned his attention to the wolfess he was following.
"I'll need to find some tools before I can make anything, however. That's my next order of business after finding a suitable home," he laughed half-heartedly. "By the way, I don't remember thanking you for leading me to Berwick. I really am quite grateful. Thank you very much, Cwmfen." He hoped that thanking the warrior wolfess would divert the subject from him temporarily, enough for him to gather his thoughts and regain his composure. He had been foolish to bring up the subject of his parents for the subject saddened him so. Hopefully, that would be one area of his life that he could avoid talking about for a short while at least.
[html]

700+

"Was Slay the one who accepted you at the boarders?" The woad bound ears pricked forward at the name of her packmate. "He is one of the friendlier personalities of Dahlia." The warrior had liked the diamond marked male from the moment she had met him. The black fae reminisced upon those many moons ago when she had sought the Head Hunter. It had been before she had obtained a rank that would allow her to accept a co-rank, and she had been considering a Hunter’s position. Of course, the passion for war had pulled her back, but she had nevertheless learned much from that experience. Slay had been the one to show her how to hunt with another, to use the innate ability of a wolf to work as a unit with others. The black fae had put Slay’s lesson to the test at the first Pack Hunt of the year, and it had been a successful run. "He’s a skilled hunter and offers pleasurable company."

"But it is the danger that makes the journey worthwhile," the alto melody replied quietly with dancing silver tones. Her own journey to this land had been difficult, but she had gained much experience from those early years of her life. And she had come down, having traveled up onto the northern icecaps and down again to find her way to the Dahlian boarders. Her body had grown accustom to the cold, and she found nothing more beautiful than the slowly falling snow of the winter twilight. It did not snow within ‘Souls or even Caledonia as it did upon that northern ice, but then the summers and lush greens of the forest were as no where else. "What was it like," the curious female asked suddenly. "Where you come from, I mean." The white orbs regarded the ruddy male almost tentatively, hoping that her curiosity did not delve too deep within memories unwelcomed. But she wondered where he would have come from that such an appreciation for nature would come only upon the journey from such a place.

"Yes," the female replied with a knowing smile. "I’m glad that Slay has already suggested her. She is quiet among newcomers, but she will not chase you away." Mew was similar to herself in that way. But the black warrior had slowly grown accustom to pack life after those years alone, having fled the crow wolf that had sought her mother and now sought her. But he was a distant memory now, and she felt a safety within the Dahlian boarders.

Silently, the woad marked fae listened the male speak. She had heard the word ‘furniture’ many times, and she thought that she had perhaps seen one. But the female was not quite sure what it was that he was building. Perhaps it was like a house, she thought, and his words of his father’s skill made her believe so (and, noting his saddened tone, the female did not press the matter). Perhaps she would be able to see what it was that the male could do in the near future, after he had settled. "I’m not sure what ‘furniture’ is," the female admitted openly, undisturbed by her lack of knowledge; she was reminded of the word ‘ladder’ that Lubomir had had to explain to her. "But I’m sure that there will be those in need of such things." There were, after all, those who lived in some of the human edifices. "If Mew does not have the tools you require, ask Lubomir, her mate. He might know."

The female smiled when the male spoke, looking to him as she slowed her pace upon entering into the unique setting of Berwick. "It’s my pleasure, Rath, and no trouble at all." Then she turned to allow her own white gaze to flicker across the strange—or what she thought was strange—landscape of Berwick. "These are more accommodating to your needs, I think," the alto melody continued. "The forest is only a little farther south." The black fae paused in her movements as she wondered whether he would chose to look here first or look at the others closer to the forest’s edge.

[/html]
ooc: Wow...I didn't realize how much dialogue I put into this post. I guess Rath really likes to talk, XD.
600+
"Yes, Slay accepted me at the boarders. He certainly is quite friendly," Rath replied, his tail picking up a happy wag for a few moments as he remembered the large, piebald male who had come charging up to him when he first announced his presence at the boarders to the Dahlia de Mai pack lands. "To be honest I was quite intimidated by his large size when I first met him, although it quickly became apparent that my assumption of his personality had been wildly inaccurate. It makes sense that he would be a hunter in this pack, even more sense that he would be the head hunter.." The ruddy male loosed an amused laugh at the thought of how unnerved he was by the larger male at first. Rath, for someone as tall as he was, was not extraordinarily strong. His figure was relatively lean and while he did possess moderate strength, his presence was no where near as imposing as a large wolf like Slay. When Cwmfen inquired about the nature of his former homeland, Rath furrowed his brow and cocked his head slightly sideways, crossing his arms as in thought.
“It was quite the lovely place to grow up. I and my family inhabited a cabin on the northwestern end of a mountain range. I believe the name of the mountain range was the Appalachians. It was fairly cold and thickly forested. A good distance down the mountain from my home was an old human town, far smaller than Wolfville. It only had four of five structures in it. My father and mother would travel there on occasion to find replacements for the various human items that they liked to use. Every tool my father owned, he found down in that settlement. If it hadn’t been for the presence of that town, I never would have learned to make instruments or anything else.” He nodded to emphasize his words before he continued, “Most of the year, it was cloudy, but when the drier seasons came, the mountains would, in the span of just a few days, be covered with every color of wildflower you could imagine. I’ll never forget the first time I saw that happen. It absolutely took my breath away. In the entire time I was travelling I never saw anything that even came close to comparing to the beauty of my old homeland in spring. I’m afraid those are all the extraordinary details I can remember,” Rath smiled at the black wolfess, nodding in conclusion to his description. Hopefully his answer had been sufficient for her.
As he continued to follow Cwmfen, he listened to her brief description of Mew Sadira, the pack musician and how he should possibly seek out her mate as well if he was unable to borrow the proper tools from her. With every portion of advice Cwmfen gave him, Rath did his best to log it away in his mind in hopes he would be able to recall them when he needed them.
It was not much longer before they reached the borders of Berwick. Upon observing the various dwellings, Rath couldn’t help but nod in satisfaction. This area was perfect. “I whole-heartedly agree with you, Cwmfen. I’ve barely set foot in this place and I already like it.” He paused to hear the woad warrior indicating that the forest he had been so eager to find a dwelling near to was a little further south. “I think that I would like to search closer to this forest you mentioned. The closer I live to the forest, the shorter the distance I’ll have to carry the raw materials I need to make things with,” Rath replied, smiling as he resumed walking, pausing a few paces away to see if Cwmfen would continue onward with him. She had already sacrificed her time to lead him this far. He certainly would understand if she wished to go, but on the other hand he certainly didn’t mind her company either.
[html]

Sorry for the wait! OnO
500+

“And Slay is a good hunter,” the female agreed. “When I first came to Dahlia, I was ignorant of the ways of pack life.... He taught me how to hunt with another.” The warrior smiled warmly as she shared a small illuminating moment in her life. And there were many such moments for those who were open to learn, for those who would leave behind pride and arrogance and adopt humility and courtesy. She thought of Lubomir’s offer to teach her how to read, and the female wondered if she should. But there was really no reason for the warrior to take up such a practice, having concentrated the entirety of her focus upon the martial arts. Yet, she wondered if there was something more to being able to read and write. And then she wondered if the ruddy hued male, Rath, could read. There seemed to be an equal number of creatures who could and could not. And there were so many languages, it made the warrior wonder if such a thing were worth while.

As Rath described his homeland, the female tried to picture it. From his description, the land of mountains and forests did not seem so foreign to this land in which she lived. She wondered what the trees said there, what the wind sounded like. When the black fae had been abroad in the lands, she had heard the many songs of the wind and the trees, of the water and even of fire. But every song was different, and their allure to her was different. She had found none more beautiful than that of her own homeland, but the songs of ‘Souls had come near to such beauty. That was what bid her stay. And now loyalty bound her too. “It must have been beautiful,” the alto melody murmured as Rath told her of the flowers. It must have smelled wonderful as well. And then the female, who loved winter most of all, was eager for the spring seasons. She wanted to know the songs of spring in Dahlia de Mai. “Those details were wonderful—thank you for sharing them with me.” And the warrior smiled.

“I’m glad that you are comfortable in these lands.” And Dahlia had many and unique terrains that were accommodating to the many tastes and needs of the members. As Rath walked ahead, the female followed. She would at least see him to his new home before she departed. It would be the least she could do. And it was not long before the cool scent of the forest was dancing upon the air about them, alive with the many organisms that inhabited the land. The forest was lush with the lives of the trees and plants, deer and hares. “Living near the forest will be beneficial in more ways than that,” the female replied.

“What co-rank would you be interested in taking when the time comes,” the female asked suddenly. There were many things that the male seemed to be skilled in, all of which would be helpful to the pack.

[/html]
ooc: No worries ^_^
600+
Rath nodded in silent thanks to the black wolfess for her compliment. He had loved his former home very much, and enjoyed talking about it. Hearing her compliment his description of it made him happy, as though he had somehow repaid the land he hailed from by sharing its beauty with another. Turning once again to Cwmfen, he nodded before responding to her words.
"I really am quite comfortable here, and not just because of the land itself. Being welcomed to these lands by Slay and then you, Cwmfen, has made me feel comfortable as well. I can only hope that the rest of my fellow pack mates will be as hospitable to my quirky personality." Rath smiled as they neared the homes that resided close to the forest. He heard Cwmfen mention that there were more good reasons than the one he had mentioned about living near the forest. His brow furrowed momentarily as he attempted to think of one of those other reasons, but he quickly dismissed the thought, deciding it was better for him to focus on finding a home.
Now that they were close enough to the forest's edge, Rath headed towards the first home that caught his eye. It was a small, single story structure that appeared from the outside to have at least two rooms. He would have to see what it looked like on the inside. However, the tall male stopped in his tracks as Cwmfen asked him yet another question. What co-rank was he interested in? He thought for a second, both trying to formulate an answer and decide what a co-rank was at the same time.
"By co-rank do you mean a sort of job? If that is what you mean, then I supposed I would be a carpenter. Carpenters are individuals who make things out of wood, like me. At least, that is what I have been told." Rath smiled once more and shook his head, chiding himself for his uncertainty. "However, as you said, it will likely be some time before I am able to attain a Co-Rank. I may not know much about pack-life, but I do know enough that new members like me start at the low end of the social hierarchy." After finishing his response, Rath continued toward the home he was about to investigate.

A deteriorated, wooden gate, hung across the overgrown path that led to the front porch. No unfamiliar scents filled the area surrounding the structure, signaling Rath that this home was most likely uninhabited. His gleaming green gaze searched the front door before landing upon the rusty metal knob on the front. With his stronger left hand, Rath grabbed the door knob and gave the rusty mechanism a brisk turn, opening the front door. The scent of dust and stale air greeted the reddish brown male as he stepped through the door. His initial assessment from the outside had proven correct. The small dwelling had not two, but three rooms. One large room, about ten feet by twenty feet, was the first room that Rath wandered into. It contained only two items which signified its former use as a human abode, a large, wooden table in the center of the room, and an aged brick hearth whose chimney Rath had observed from outside. The other two rooms contained nothing, except the one which contained an old, dusty, and slightly moth-eaten mattress.

After surveying the house, Rath turned and exited the structure, turning to Cwmfen as he did. "I think this place will do just fine. No one else seems to live here, so I think it’s safe to say I've found a home." The ruddy male smiled and nodded in affirmation of his own words. "What do you think of it?" He turned and looked at the house before once again resting his gooseberry green gaze on the warrior. She had asked him so many questions that he felt it was his turn to seek her opinion on his choice of a home. After all, if the higher ranking wolfess gave it her approval, then he would feel even more assured of his choice.
[html]

Are you wanting to wrap this thread up soon or no? ^=^500+

Cwmfen laughed that quiet, golden laugh. "I’m glad that we’ve made you feel so at ease. Most of the Dahlians are welcoming creatures—there are only a few with whom you will need to be careful and understanding. And you will know when you meet them.” It was better for Rath to know about such matters now. But Cwmfen would not name specifics—after all, while there were a few that did not take well to anyone, each individual proved to be looked upon differently. But it was not something with which to be overly concerned; it was, after all, expected that all members were to respect and bring no harm to one another, to protect each other whether in peace or in war. And the Adonis believed that Rath would fit in well, especially with the males who had equally attractive personalities such as Sankor, Ril’o, and Slay. "But you won’t have to worry much,” the female assured the male with a soft smile. "You will gain the trust of the others quickly. And your personality will fit in just fine.”

Cwmfen’s white orbs looked out into the woods as he spoke of co-ranks. The female seemed to always question her new acquaintances of Dahlia with such an inquiry, but it made her curious. And she could learn the nature of their personality through even the decision or thought process. And if she could gain nothing of their personality, at least she could better understand their character. The Adonis did not often meet with the other members of the pack, being the solitary creature that she was, and she sought to learn as much as she could so that she may understand better the members of the pack that she now helped to lead. She was about to ask what a carpenter was when he explained it to her, and she nodded in understanding. It seemed that this male was as passionate about his trade of creating things with wood as she was with her martial art. "When you obtain the rank of Circèe, you may decide to choose a co-rank if you wish. Talk to the other members too; they will help you with anything you need.”

When the male took apparent interest in a particular edifice, the woad warrior followed him. But when the male entered to explore, the warrior remained without, allowing him the space his mind may need. Only the clear, white gaze followed him in, peering into the darkness of the ancient, human remain. It was just like any other building to the female, but she thought that the male would know better than she what it was that he desired. The black fae leaned slightly upon the spear as she adjusted her weight, careful to avoid the sharp movements that would invoke the sharper pains. When the male returned, she smiled to him. "I think that it will suite your purposes well.” While she did not know much of human things, it had the room and proximity to the forest that he desired. “You may claim this place as your own, if you so desire.”

[/html]
ooc: Sure, we can wrap this up if you want. I think that this thread has served it's purpose. This post might have been a tad rushed, but I think it should end the thread sufficiently.
300+

bic: Rath nodded in a thankful gesture to the woad warrior. Her encouraging words had done much to quiet his apprehensions of meeting the other members of Dahlia de Mai. "I thank you once again for your advice, and encouragement, Cwmfen. I'll definitely make sure to remember everything you've told me." His tenor voice spoke with the most sincere tone he could possibly manage, his gleaming green eyes also doing their part of conveying his thankfulness to the white eyed female.
He turned back over his shoulder to look at the inside of what was to be his new home. The crude pony tail he had tied his kinky hair in blew in the chilly breeze that swept across the porch of the structure. He once again turned to look at the black, woad marked wolfess. He nodded in response to her comment about his choice. "Again, I most definitely agree with you. Everything about this house seems to suit my needs perfectly. Had you not led me to Berwick, I doubt I would have found this place. I look forward to working in this place. Thank you yet again, m'lady." With his final words of thanks, Rath allowed himself to bend slightly at his torso in a bow of both respect and thanks to the Adonis. "I will have to come find you again, someday after I have set up the various pieces of equipment I need. Who knows, perhaps I'll eventually learn to make weapons, and you could come test them out," Rath chuckled, before turning to enter his newly acquired home. Just before he entered, however, he turned and waved farewell to the wolfess, a friendly smile etched upon his visage.
After he had bid Cwmfen farewell, Rath stepped inside the three roomed house he now called his home. Despite its old, dusty environment, he liked the character of the building. He would certainly have to clean it out, once the warmer spring weather set in, but for now he was simply content to explore every corner of his house, becoming accustomed to every squeak of its floor, or creak of its roof. Every new oddity he discovered only served to satisfy him more that he had made a good choice.