Truth Be told
[html]

Whinnie watched closely. An arrow strung to her bow the doe in her line of vision. The bow was taunt with her pulling, a leather cover was on Fred's fingers and she crouched hidden in the thicket. Her long hair was braided for the hunt so it wouldn't move with the sudden breeze. Her bangs shifted as she watched the creature graze. With her ears moving around on her head catching all the noises, waiting for the right moment. Finally the she wolf rose from her hiding spot giving her just the attraction for the doe to look up and for Whinnie to release the arrow.

The female watched as the arrow peirced the animals heart. She fell quickly, death came before her body hit the ground. Moving from the thicket she came over to the doe and kneeled down to her prey her bow slung on her shouler and the arrows also on her back in a holder. Pulling the arrow from the deer she heard a distinct noise from the left. Turning her head quickly Fred thought to see a fellow predator, but the sight of a fawn made her curse. "sanglante enfer" She growled throwing the arrow she had pull from the doe down with a frustration.

Fred abhorred killing a mother it didn't seem fair to her. Getting up slowly she approached the baby. It was shaking in fear eyes wide as she got closer. When she was only five feet away it ran in fear. Whinnie sighed knowing it would probably die now. Returning to the doe she had killed she went about picking it up and taking it back to the temperary den she had made.

A few hours later she had skinned the animal and it's pelt was starting the tanning process. She already had one made up for Lysander. The she wolf thought he could use one and she owed him for waking him up anyways. Grabbing the pelt she had made lysander Whinnie started for his place. She left her bow at her place, the meat from the doe in a place another animal couldn't get to it. Her walk wasn't to long. When she got to his cabin Fred didn't knock, finding the formality a waste of time at this point.

Walking in she shut the door and was shocked at what she saw. Not much surprised the small french women, but seeing Lysander on the floor with two pups was enough to make her almost stagger. Had he been telling her the truth that day then? Confusion pounded in her head as she watched him roll a ball between then letting the small ones play. "Monsieur......Je ne savais pas......I mean where did they come from." Fred said her french accent thicker then usual due to her shock.

[/html]
[html]

They were good children after all. He had lucked out, taking children from a stranger. He could have ended up with hellions, but no, they were nearly angels. They ate what he fed them, and truly he fed them the best parts of any game he brought home. They made no protests about sleeping beneath the floor boards, which Lysander told them was for their own safety, and very little did they whimper for their mother or father. Indeed, Lysander was growing quite attached to the little children, and they were safe with him so it seemed like a good fit. Davinci was too busy anyway, better they were with him than the short tempered male. Lysander found them toys in Halifax to play with, told them stories. They had a good life here.

Early this morning he pulled open the floor boards of the biggest compartment he had dug to find four little eyes blinking up at him, and gently he lifted out his living toys. The floor boards concealed all his most prized possession, and the puppies were among the most favored of what he believed to be his. “Well little fellows, look what I’ve brought you today.” Pulling the red ball out from behind his back he grinned, and the pups stared up quizzically. Sure, it was deflated a little, but most the balls he had come across in Halifax were completely flat. He did the best he could for them.

She barged in while he was showing them how to play with the new toy. They had just up a meal and were now playing contently when she came in. Turning up to her, his face was stoic, though he was amused she walked in on such a sight. “Mon enfants.” He had told her he had children after all, didn’t he? She should have believed him. “This here is Jake,” Lysander pointed to Conor, “And this one here is Oliver.” He indicated Emwe. Yes, Jake, Oliver and Lysander. One happy family.
[/html]
[html]

Many would say shocked was an understatement for the french women. She stood there with long flowing blonde hair blue eyes wide and a slight twitch forming under one of those said eyes. Why did he have pups with him? She was damn sure they weren't his and they smell of one of the other packs. Grinding her teeth in frustration she moved towards him and the pups. Why was she attracted to him? Did something about his insanity draw her in?

Holding the deer skin inbetween her hands Fred started to pace around the small cabin her french words coming out in a random spew of questions as she talked to herself. pourquoi n'ai-je comme vous? Suis-je vraiment ce desprate? Qu'est-ce que l'enfer est le problème avec moi?Qui sont ces enfants? Que diable puis-je faire à ce sujet? Vous êtes un putain de noix cas? Oh mon dieu je trouver de la psycho sexy! Je suis pire que lui! Attendez-t-il voler les! SHIT! S'il vous plaît dites-moi, il n'a pas volé les!

She kept ranting until finally she looked at him and pointed a serious look on her young face as she pointed at him. "Where did they come from? Give it up now Lysander I know they are not yours." She glared at him with snapping azure eyes. Why did he have pups? Her head hurt she finally decided. Sitting down with a dejected sigh she handed him the deer skin. "pour vous"

[/html]
[html]

Ly’s grey eyes grew concerned as the female began to rant and rave in French. He could pick out a few choice words, even some full phrases and while he liked what he heard, Conor and Emwe had stopped their game and looked up at the commotion. Sighing he absent mindedly patted the boys on the head, indicating the ball, waiting for Winnie to finish her speech. Then in English she declared that they didn’t belong to him. He furrowed his brow and glanced at the kids. He had instructed them not to talk to strangers, and he knew they wouldn’t. Everything, he told them, was for their own protection. Firefly’s visits and her words echoed that. They wouldn’t give him away.

“Hey now, come on sweetness, I told ya I had kids, don’t get mad at me.” Ly’s voice was calm, soothing. He did not care if she believed him or not, that game was over. More importantly was his new game, his new toys, the two little pair of eyes staring up, listening to every word he spoke. WTF, an egg? “Ils sont les enfants de ma petite ami…” Ly lowered his voice, unsure of how to convey it in French, his eyes shifted to the children to Winnie, making it apparent he did not want them to hear, and hopefully she would understand, after all, she didn’t want to be the homewrecker, did she? “They are adopted.” He pulled away, giving her a look.

Taking up the deerskin, he held it up, grinning, as if the matter of the pups, where they came from, and their parentage was already forgotten. “This is beautiful Winnie. Really, ya are too good to me, sweetness.” He came over to her, settled himself next to the women and nuzzling her tenderly, as if they were indeed a couple. “What can I do for you then?”
[/html]
[html]

Whinifred felt him nuzzle her and like jell-o she bacame his little toy. A rough sigh escaped her. It was amazing how well he could manipulate her. "Well I wanted something from you, but with the so called "Petite amie" Children here I guess asking such a thing from a taken male is not very french of me." The she wolf snorted and moved away from him watching the two pups. Really why did she like the goof? "mon amour don't goad me so. I am young and looking for amusment not your petty games."

So she was in a sour mood now. After his statement about having a girlfriend she had felt nothing but jelousy. Getting up she moved to the door to lean against it. Where the hell had he gotten the children anyways? She knew they weren't from the Valley. Staring at him with blue and half green eyes her ears lay flat while blonde hair rest long down her back. Why the hell was she always returning to him? She was such a dumb ass.

[/html]
[html]

Lysander let her pull away and he only kept his gaze on her, warmly. Even jealous and upset, she was still beautiful. Eyes twinkling, he pouted out his lip mockingly, a soft whimper escaping his lips. “Now sweetness, no worries, you’ll get use to them. Like them even. I wish you would. They are important to me.” Slowly he brought himself up and strode over to her, draping an arm about her shoulder and looking down at the pups with her. Lysander really did not care if he quelled her anger or not, he liked being near her whether she liked it or not. Maybe, he even liked it a little better when she was angry.

“Besides, she has nothing on you. It’s the children I want, not her. Petite amie or not.” He smiled convincingly, nuzzling her again. Titles meant little: girlfriend, mate, wife. Lysander knew that they were all only pet names given to women to make them feel important, loved, even if his petite amie was fiction. Surely Winnie understood this too? Of course, they were also for making others jealous, that was a perk. Grabbing at her waist to pull her closer he nipped gently at her nose, not caring how she took it. “We can always send ‘em out to play, dearie.”

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table2.png); width: 500px; height: 454px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right: 90px; top: 75px; width: 260px; height: 360px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto; padding-right:5px;scrollbar-face-color: #34776E; scrollbar-highlight-color: #34776E; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #709A70; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #709A70; scrollbar-shadow-color: #709A70; scrollbar-arrow-color: #709A70; scrollbar-track-color: #709A70">

!! out of character.

Let me show you the wonders of life

Whinifred knew why she liked him. He was everything she wasn't. Rolling her eyes at him and his words. He was like a child asking for his mother to approve of his new pet. "I don't really mind them that much, but if and when their mother comes for them you better give them back." The french women pointed out with a thick accent. When he came up to her and put his arm around her shoulder the french women smiled her anger vanishing like a puff of smoke. Turning into his chest she smiled up at him not caring how much taller he was from her.

"You don't understand what makes us women so jealous of each other." She put her hand on his chest almost possessively. His gentle nip on her nose and moving her closer to him made her laugh with glee. "We could send them out to play, then I can show you how I feel about you." Looking up at him her ears flat on her skull as she thought. "What if I want more from you Lysander? What would you do if I asked you to be more then my rutting partner?" The she wolf's words were slurred with her french accent. She really wanted to know what he would say to her. If he would laugh in her face or not.

[/html]
[html]

Lysander shrugged at her words and chose not to acknowledge them further. He never considered if Firefly should ask for them back. Perhaps he would hide them away and tell her they were gone, what could she do then? Tell DaVinci? Her pack? He wasn’t too concerned with either option. Or perhaps he would bundle them up in a sack as she had and leave, forget Phoenix Valley, Winnie and the rest. That was a possibility. At any rate, he did not want to give them back.

Lysander smiled at her, touching her cheek softly with the back of his hand. He knew exactly what made women jealous of each other. Or perhaps not the internal cause, but the triggers and the results of those triggers. And they were fun buttons to push, and often they worked out in his favor. “I’m sorry Winnie, it’s probably cruel of me, yeah?” He had no intention of stopping.

Her next words took him by surprise. He hadn’t considered a relationship beyond sex, but he knew Winnie was in it for more. Most women wanted more, even if they thought they didn’t. Lysander took a moment to consider, and finding that it might be fun smiled reassuringly. “Just say the words sweetness, and I’m your’s. And only your’s.” Maybe. For a while, anyway.
[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table2.png); width: 500px; height: 454px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #444a78 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; right: 90px; top: 75px; width: 260px; height: 360px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto; padding-right:5px;scrollbar-face-color: #34776E; scrollbar-highlight-color: #34776E; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #709A70; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #709A70; scrollbar-shadow-color: #709A70; scrollbar-arrow-color: #709A70; scrollbar-track-color: #709A70">

!! out of character.

Let me show you the wonders of life

Fred just watched him with azure eyes her heart pounding in her chest. She always wondered what it would be like when she thought she had found a mate, but she hadn't seen it like this. Maybe it was just childish dreams to want perfection, maybe she had screwed it up herself. Lysanders words seemed to be lacking in them what she was looking for. Diverting her blue orbs a tense breath escaped her. "M-maybe I don't want to say them." The strawberry blonde female said in a hurry moving away from him and to the door of his cabin.

Looking back at him the girl couldn't help but hate herself for the emotions to a man who only wanted to play games. A sneer pulled across her face as she looked away. "Lysander, give them back or I'll be forced to do what you won't." Fred said reffering to the pups. He hadn't done anything wrong in actuality, but Whinifred had saw what this all was to him. She had known, but now she saw her own desprate attempts and trying to ignore it. "I hope you like the pelt." The blonde girl said before turning and pulling the door open and walking outside.

[/html]
[html]

The female got nervous, flighty even as she headed for the door, declaring that maybe she didn’t want to say those words after all. Lysander smiled at her and chuckled, women never knew what they wanted, did they? He advanced towards her, ready to continue the game until she spoke of the children. His eyes went to Emwe and Conor, playing carelessly on the floor. He hoped they hadn’t been paying attention to Winnie, or if they had perhaps they hadn’t understood. Hadn’t Lysander already told Whinifred not to speak so in front of the children. Another thing about women was that they never listened. She didn’t know who they belonged to, and even if she found out the mother wouldn’t come to take them away anytime soon. Following to the door, his voice was neutral. “I love the pelt, thanks.” And with a slam and lock of the door he went back to the pups, sitting down with them contentedly once more.
[/html]