You're wise beyond your years but I don't care
[html]
ooc:

She had done quite a bit over the last week or so, clearing out the den and getting all of her things organized. She felt much better when everything was organized. Naniko had moved out of the mansion months ago, out of the place where the damage had occurred, but now it didn't look like as big of a threat as it had back then. She did most of her herb work there in the kitchen, up on the high counters where the pups hadn't been able to get into things when they had been smaller...maybe it wouldn't be so bad to live there again. She could sleep in the basement, or something. She thought that she had seen another fireplace down there.

Naniko rubbed at one of the scars on her forearms, looking down the stairs into the gloom of the basement. Maybe. She didn't want to live upstairs, that was for sure. The leader started down the stairs, holding a lit lamp in one hand. If there was a fireplace, she could light it and see if it still worked. Maybe, just maybe, she could have a place of her own back in the mansion. Life would be so much easier.

[/html]
[html]
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5369/jazpertable2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: +300

IC:

Family. This aspect of the dark warriors life seemed to run from him. His parents died, his adoptive mother died, his second adoptive parents split up and left him in Crimson Dreams and now his mate of just three months had run off and his daughter had never lived to see a day. In the dark basement he had escaped not wanting any of his pack members to find him. He had stayed in bed for most of the morning and eventually dragged himself down to the large dark room and lit the fireplace. There he sat, staring, eyes florid with hot tears that clung to the dark circles forming under his eyes. He had fathered a child, a daughter. He was a father but she hadn't survived. Did the world not see him fit to be happy? Inside of him his heart bleed, he wanted to scream, he wanted to run, he wanted to fight but all he could do was sit on the cold floor staring at the flames.

His left hand held a bloody white bandage he had tied around his lower right arm the night before but he hadn't the energy or will to change. The wound was a very pleasant deep bite mark that had drawn blood instantly in a fight to save the young Mati from this loner beast. Now, that day seemed centuries ago, yet it had only happened all but two days ago. The old stairs made noises as the scent of Naniko filled the room. The dark knight did not move. Instead he stared into the flames and watched them dance, “Naniko.” He said coldly. His chest ached, his head was filled with awful thoughts and his heart was flooded in anger and pain. His daughter...his beautiful daughter hadn't even survived. His very being caused the people linked to him to die. It was his curse since he was a child. His once bright gold eyes had shone like a wishing star but now the gold was stained red from tears and become dull, lacking the will of life. All he could muster the energy to do was stare at the flames and wish this was another nightmare.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Much had happened to her over the last year. A year ago, she had been living in Clouded Tears with Laruku and the others. It felt like much, much longer than that. Only a year. In this year she'd had four pups--that had been the biggest change. That and the absence of Conri. Before, when Conri had been gone, it hadn't been his fault. He had been kidnapped. But now he had left of his own free will because of what he had done to her. He'd chosen his own fate.

She turned back into the living room, preparing to go back upstairs, when a voice caught her attention. What was Jazper doing down here by himself? He was normally accompanied by his mate, Garnet. Maybe she was out hunting, though."Hello." She said quietly, placing the lamp up above the fireplace. "How are you?"

[/html]
[html]
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5369/jazpertable2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

IC:

Large ears twisted and turned listening to Naniko as she stopped and discovered his broken body in front of the fire. The flames painted the darkness into light slowly fading into shadows after a few meters. As the white wolfess placed the glowing lamp on top of the mantel the light reached further into the old basement, fully exposing Jazper's eyes. The whites where bloodshot and the bright golds had engulfed most the remaining space, his irises tiny from staring into the light for so long. Looking at his body tiny lines of fur has disappeared, replaced by scabbing scratches from the battle just over a week ago. His right forearm was healing the slowest. Ever time he would fall asleep and wake up to the fresh scabs split and broken and dripping in blood once more. Many deep teeth marks had sliced into his skin, the once more new scabs were covered by a white cloth with splotches of blood stains.

At her all too predictable question he simply laughed in a way that would seem to the average creature ludic, however this was a laugh of a wolf sinking into his own selfish hell. Before he let his emotions burst with his temper he knew there was business to deal with first. “Physically I'm scratched up a bit. Mati was out by the boarder playing.” As he spoke about the pup his heart ached, didn't Naniko value her own daughters life as much as he did his own who now slept forever under a pile of dirt?! “A Luperci entered the lands and attacked her with intent of murder. Luckily I was there and drove the monster out of the lands and after a small fight he ran off.” Raising to his hind legs the black Rhiannon boy began to shake with anger and agony, leaning into the fireplace he let out a quiet growl, “You should watch you children more carefully.” He accused. Turning to look at Naniko the male seemed drained of all energy except pain. “Garnet has left our ranks. She miscarried a white girl by the name of Lily Rhiannon. She's not coming back Nani.” Looking at his beloved leader now he was only haunted by the image that reflected the wolfess his daughter might have been.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: wc: 500+

She was lucky that she had a pack like Crimson Dreams, that she lived here. Naniko, Jazper, and Savina were a few of the wolves who had been there from the very beginning, and she thought that the three of them were really important to the structure of the pack as a whole. Naniko watched the border and so did Savina, but they couldn't always be there to oversee everything. Jazper helped out a lot with things that were out of Naniko and Savina's hands. Anu did, too, she knew...but she didn't keep track of that wolfess' actions as much as she did Savina's. She was friends with Savina, and they spent a lot of time together throughout the day.

Nani could tell that there was something wrong with the male by his stature, but hadn't been sure how to approach him about it. Should she just ask? Or maybe he didn't want to talk about it. She didn't want to talk about Anu, most of the time. It was just hard.

At his words about Mati she turned toward the kitchen once more, going and grabbing her bag off of the counter. She would help him with his scratches. It didn't matter how deep or shallow they were--any sort of an injury could use a bit of treatment. Then he'd feel better faster, physically. She shrugged when he said that she should watch over her children better. They were old enough now that she couldn't and didn't have to watch them every second of the day. She just couldn't. And she wouldn't feel guilty about what he'd said because she knew that it was the honest truth that she couldn't watch over them all the time. But a murderer...who could that have been?"I can't watch them every second. And I don't want to--they wouldn't like that. I'm sure you got into your fair share of trouble when you were little, and I did too. Dangerous things. But...well, thank you for being there. This is really concerning, a wolf like that hanging around Crimson Dreams. What did he look like? Did you get a name?"

Her words fell silent when he spoke again, about Garnet. She'd left because of the miscarriage? Naniko frowned, thinking this over. She had gone through something of the same, when she'd miscarried Kansas' pups all those months ago. She could still remember the feeling, the ache that she'd felt when she had gone to bury them on the border in the mountains. "I...I don't know what to say. I didn't know that she had left. I thought that things were going well, and that you two were really happy together. She left because of it? I know that it hurts, to lose children. But that's awful." She wasn't sure what she could do to make him feel better, though. She toyed with the necklace around her neck absently, still in thought. She could take care of his scratches, at least, and talk to him. "Here--let me see that arm."

[/html]
[html]
WC: +500

IC:

The leader took his bad mood in with flawlessness, keeping up her normal attitude. This confused the male more, was he angry that she wasn't responding properly? Or was he happy? Shaking his head he thought over her response to his comment about the pups. She was naturally right once again. The pups had to be almost ready to shift, to join the adult world. Even though they were tiny compared to him they were definitely old enough to be hanging around their own territory. Hell, he had taken Brooklyn out to Halifax clothes hunting without telling Naniko. He figured if the pup needed an adult outside of the territory it might as well be the Sensei himself. Still he responded with a stubborn tone, “I had my parents around to die for me.” He had been spoiled as a very young boy up until the day his family had been attacked by the coyotes. Shifting his mind to focus on the monster who had done the deed he began to mumble, “I didn't get a name..He's just under a foot shorter then me, so I suppose that he's tall. Mostly a dark grey coat though it had brown shades in it and his eyes were bright yellow.” He shuttered at the comment of the eyes. Why did a murderer have to have the same colour eyes he had?

As his snow white leader frowned and continued to speak about the coyote that had abandoned him he almost felt sorry he brought it up. She sounded accusing as she spoke of how awful it was of the girl to leave over such a problem. “Things where going great until a few weeks ago, the more into the pregnancy she got the later she came to bed or the more she stayed away from me. I thought it was just a normal female thing too do but obviously she's been avoiding me on purpose. She told me she left to find her mother and that she wasn't coming back.” His cheeks grew hot with anger at the women he had loved. He had given her everything: A pack, a home, a promise of family and love. Yet she had still left him.

At the mention of the wolfess healing his arm a loud growl erupted out of thin air. The giant stepped backwards until his back hit the wall. His golden eyes stared at the women accusingly. His mind screamed form two sides once more, much like he had for the past week. Half yelled in warning, the wolfess was trying to trick him, she would just make it worse. While the other pushed him forward promising that this was safe, that it was going to help. Shaking his head furiously he whimpered slightly. This was Naniko! She had been around since he first came to the new lands and had been the leader of his home lands for as long as he could remember, even though she was all but half a year older then the boy at the time. Taking a step forward he lowered his ears to his head and let his thick tail drop between his legs as he lowered his head in apology. Untying the white cloth he revealed the marks. The furs surrounding the gashes were tiny sprouts allowing for the gruesome bite to heal properly. The forearm showed many deep teeth marks that had been torn all the way to his wrist. “I had to pull my arm out of his mouth.” The midnight wolf explained quietly.

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

Loss was a hard thing for anyone to deal with, and each individual would take it a different way. Naniko usually got more involved with whatever else she was doing in her life when she lost someone. When Anu had left the Commander had focused more on her pack duties and on keeping up with what was going on with her family. She wanted to stay connected with them, and now had more time to visit them all. She tried to take she and Anu's breakup as a positive thing, to try and spin it around. She didn't like to think of the fights that they'd had or what they had argued about any longer...she just wanted to forget everything. Or that they'd ever had anything at all.

Now she could do what she wanted without worrying about it. Jazper spoke of his parents dying for him--something that had happened in his past. She didn't know much about his previous life, only that he was here in Souls...and that had been all that she had really needed to know, as a leader. As a friend, though, she ought to know more about him than that. Now she did, about his parents. "Mine didn't. They just abandoned me instead. I don't know which would be worse." She said back, just as sharply.

It seemed to her that Jazper was dealing with his loss by being angry about it. You could be angry for a while...but what good would it do you? He was letting it control him. She considered hitting him, of giving him a good hard slap to force him out of it, or shouting at him...but as soon as she moved he seemed to get better, letting out a whine. He had beaten it.

He offered his arm and she took it gently, frowning as she examined the scratches. She would have to keep that description in mind when she met newcomers, to see if any of them met the criteria. Or any strangers that she met outside of the pack. Anyone who threatened the life of one of her children and one of her pack members would get it from her, one way or another. Eventually she would come across them. She unscrewed the top of one of the jars, dipping a cloth into it and patting it over the wounds. They had been left without medical treatment for a little while, but it wasn't too late. "It hurts, doesn't it." It could be taken two ways--about Garnet leaving, or about his scratches.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Wrap it up?

IC:

He stood there letting his leader tend to him silently. His ears were flat against his head and his head was low in submission. Never had he raised his voice at Naniko. Not even when he was a pup with a temper. Yet here he was acting like a pup who wasn't getting what he wanted. Maybe it would be better to sulk quietly instead of making such a vocal uproar. The sharp comment about her parents abandoning her almost made him want to yell back, almost. If he were to answer right now it would end with his wounds getting worse, not better. Or perhaps she would poison him? The mere thought made the Rhiannon boy flinch and look up to Naniko's green orbs in apology.

The medication stung slightly but it was soothing to the broken skin that would probably scar. The male didn't know how many scars he had already from the few past fights he had. Probably quite a few but he never would know because his fur had a habit of growing threw the damaged skin either way. He took a deep breath as she placed the cloth on another deep scratch.“I don't mind getting hurt for those I love.” He answered in a whisper. Just like her question, the answer could be taken both ways. It was true that he would give his life to protect any member of his pack, hell he would at least put up a good fight for a random stranger even if it was a coyote. Jazper wasn't bias when it came to taking physical pain for others. It was the emotional pain he struggled with. Looking up at Naniko he motioned tot eh large arm wound, “Will it scar?” Another two meaning question. He looked back at the fire and rolled his shoulders back, attempting to look calm and under control.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: close.

She was careful with his arm, wrapping it up tightly and carefully when she was finished cleaning it. What could she say? It would hurt for a while, but eventually the pain would go away and he would stop thinking about it. He'd be able to forget, a little, and then things would get better. Time healed all wounds...wasn't that the saying? There wasn't a day that went by that Naniko didn't wonder what might have happened if things would have been different between she and Conri. Or she and Anu. If things might have been better.

The commander simply nodded her head, patting the bandage down one last time to make sure that it would stay and that it was even. "It will. But scars can be good, sometimes. As reminders of the past."
[/html]